Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 56 Dean Street Express GUM Clinic - Details London W1  (Read 20612 times)

fredpunter

I was turned away for the second time in a week today, they suggested I go to a place just off tottenham ct rd, where I am told there is an hour to wait before I will be seen and I don't know how quickly I will get the results ... not that I have anything particular to worry about I hasten to add, but I am due a hepatitis b booster

fredpunter

I was turned away for the second time in a week today, they suggested I go to a place just off tottenham ct rd, where I am told there is an hour to wait before I will be seen and I don't know how quickly I will get the results ... not that I have anything particular to worry about I hasten to add, but I am due a hepatitis b booster

For info ... Did have to wait a while at the tcr place but once my turn arrived they were the usual professional people one generally encounters at these places. The major disadvantage over dean street is that although they did some preliminary stuff that said there was no obvious sign of an Sti I have to wait a week to be 100% sure ... apart from hiv which they confirmed I haven't got almost immediately. The nurse who took a blood sample struggled a bit to get some out which got a bit uncomfortable. I did though get my booster.

Offline Majestic

Unless people are already aware Dean Street Express will no longer be offering walkin's from tomorrow (14th Feb) due to how busy it has become.

Instead it will be by appointment. The info says that you can book online (on their site) and they will release the appointments for that day at 7pm the night before.

Offline claretandblue

Unless people are already aware Dean Street Express will no longer be offering walkin's from tomorrow (14th Feb) due to how busy it has become.

Instead it will be by appointment. The info says that you can book online (on their site) and they will release the appointments for that day at 7pm the night before.
That's bad news, just rolling up on the day suits me far better  :thumbsdown:

londinium

fred can you help out with the tottenham court road places address and details.
I don't mind waiting an hour.

LL

Fuck! I feel like this clinic was a punting "gem" that those of us in the know about, should have kept to ourselves ;)

Offline claretandblue

Fuck! I feel like this clinic was a punting "gem" that those of us in the know about, should have kept to ourselves ;)
+1 a handful of posters such as yourself and Mr password provided lots of info about this place and now the lurkers have overrun it  :thumbsdown:

LL

+1 a handful of posters such as yourself and Mr password provided lots of info about this place and now the lurkers have overrun it  :thumbsdown:
On the plus-side it's better for all of us if more punters get tested regularly so I can't really complain. Also we're all paying for the place through our taxes I guess so all entitled to it. If I need to book it in advance then so be it. Not quite as convenient as just rocking up there without an appointment but perhaps easier than getting an appointment at the clinic at the other end of the street (which would take a couple of weeks).

To be serious about the sudden influx of visitors to the clinic. I actually don't think it's down to our recommending it here on UKP. If you remember a while ago the clinic made national news as there was a scandal involving leaked personal details (and HIV status). Millions would have read about the place. Some articles would have pointed out the convenience of getting same-day results. Also when I've walked past after work and seen a line of people queuing outside and half way up Dean Street, they are young office-types - male and female in equal numbers. Not all punters - well, who knows? :)

fredpunter

fred can you help out with the tottenham court road places address and details.
I don't mind waiting an hour.

It's called the Mortimer market centre in capper street but its now nearly 3 weeks since my visit and still not had my results ... if I was seriously concerned I was infected I'd be a nervous wreck by now. Also the bruise caused by the nurse requiring 7 or 8 attempts to actually get a needle in my vein took nearly 2 weeks to disappear and its hard to remember to hide it for that long. I wouldn't use them again. Been meaning to provide this update for a little while so ta for reminding me.

fredpunter

Ps in principle I don't mind making an appointment at 7 the evening before to go to dean street, but will be interesting to see how difficult it is to get a convenient time.

Offline anyfucker

haven't read the complete thread but to note
"... It’s not an appointment but an arrival time to help us streamline the service...."

mash

Great thread lads. Just to confirm, do these guys do the swab on your cock or do they do the urine test? The swab gives me nightmares!!

andycoles13

Great thread lads. Just to confirm, do these guys do the swab on your cock or do they do the urine test? The swab gives me nightmares!!

You'll be asked for a urine sample. No cock swab. Only a mouth/throat swab if you've done oral with men/TVs.

londinium

It's called the Mortimer market centre in capper street but its now nearly 3 weeks since my visit and still not had my results ... if I was seriously concerned I was infected I'd be a nervous wreck by now. Also the bruise caused by the nurse requiring 7 or 8 attempts to actually get a needle in my vein took nearly 2 weeks to disappear and its hard to remember to hide it for that long. I wouldn't use them again. Been meaning to provide this update for a little while so ta for reminding me.

Thanks for the reply fredpunter.  I might check them out as I'm based around that area.

fredpunter

Thanks for the reply fredpunter.  I might check them out as I'm based around that area.

still not heard from them with any results ... I suspect I am not going to now - so I wouldn't recommend

jchang

Going for my first checkup ever next week!
wish me luck! :dancegirl: :dancegirl:

Offline KentAde

still not heard from them with any results ... I suspect I am not going to now - so I wouldn't recommend

an alternative?
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=86939.0

Offline hendrix

Used the new online appointment system for Dean Street. All very efficient,  only had to wait 5 minutes when I got there,  and I was out of there in 20 minutes, including bloods, with results just 3 hours later. Excellent service still!

Offline MrMatrix

Used the new online appointment system for Dean Street. All very efficient,  only had to wait 5 minutes when I got there,  and I was out of there in 20 minutes, including bloods, with results just 3 hours later. Excellent service still!
I too like the idea of just walking in which I'm use to. However looks like Hendrix has given the thumbs up to this new booking system. Never the less why do authorities keep mending a system that isn't broke.. :unknown:

Offline hendrix

I too like the idea of just walking in which I'm use to. However looks like Hendrix has given the thumbs up to this new booking system. Never the less why do authorities keep mending a system that isn't broke.. :unknown:

Apparently, local businesses complained about the long queues outside as the clinic got very popular. The nurse told me she preferred the new system as she had an idea of how many people she'd be dealing with etc, made everything more efficient. Actually, looking at my phone, I got the non-blood test results in 2 hours!!

I should add, I'm able to pop in there during the day/work hours, usually mid-morning. It might be busier/less efficient at lunch times or just after a "normal" working day.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:33:50 pm by hendrix »

Hornydevil247

Apparently, local businesses complained about the long queues outside as the clinic got very popular. The nurse told me she preferred the new system as she had an idea of how many people she'd be dealing with etc, made everything more efficient. Actually, looking at my phone, I got the non-blood test results in 2 hours!!

I should add, I'm able to pop in there during the day/work hours, usually mid-morning. It might be busier/less efficient at lunch times or just after a "normal" working day.

+1

Booked appointment/slot online for 8am and was out by 815am and received first set of results but 945am that day  :thumbsup:

Offline Jay72

So is it possible to choose a particular slot when making an appointment at Dean St?

Offline hendrix

So is it possible to choose a particular slot when making an appointment at Dean St?

Yes, you put in your mobile number on their Web page, they put up whatever slots are available for the same day (if available)  or  next day (not more in advance) and you then get a text confirmation. Show the text to the reception when you get there.

Offline claretandblue

Yes, you put in your mobile number on their Web page, they put up whatever slots are available for the same day (if available)  or  next day (not more in advance) and you then get a text confirmation. Show the text to the reception when you get there.
Good to know,in terms of details online is it just phone, name and dob required still?

Offline hendrix

Good to know,in terms of details online is it just phone, name and dob required still?

Online,  they only ask for a phone number. When you get there, If you've already registered previously,  then you just scan your card at the machine.

Offline claretandblue

Online,  they only ask for a phone number. When you get there, If you've already registered previously,  then you just scan your card at the machine.
Thanks  :hi: sounds like it's still the best option for me

fredpunter

Just reiterate what a couple of chaps have said, having given up waiting for results from tottenham court road I booked a slot at dean street. I did have to wait a little while as I expect early evening is one of their peak times but was still in and out within about 30 mins and got my results the same evening. it remains for me the best option.

Offline claretandblue

Popped in yesterday for a general check up and to get my final hepatitis vaccine, results all back negative within a few hours  :drinks:
There was a little waiting around to see the nurse but other than that I can't fault the place,an added bonus was that the nurse was very friendly and fit as fuck!

LL

Popped in yesterday for a general check up and to get my final hepatitis vaccine, results all back negative within a few hours  :drinks:
There was a little waiting around to see the nurse but other than that I can't fault the place,an added bonus was that the nurse was very friendly and fit as fuck!
I feel very awkward in that situation if the nurse is fit as fuck. Some of them are very friendly too - asking where I work and so on. I feel like using my cover story - as if I'm on a punt!

Offline claretandblue

I feel very awkward in that situation if the nurse is fit as fuck. Some of them are very friendly too - asking where I work and so on. I feel like using my cover story - as if I'm on a punt!
She was so sweet too,I think I might have developed eas!  :lol:

fredpunter

She was so sweet too,I think I might have developed eas!  :lol:

There's one or two nice ones there ...a blonde and a black girl stick in my memory

Offline smiths

The NHS trust that runs the 56 Dean Street clinic has been fined £180,000 after leaking the details of almost 800 patients who had attended HIV clinics by accident in 2015.

The Information Commissioner said it was a "serious breach of the law".

LL

The NHS trust that runs the 56 Dean Street clinic has been fined £180,000 after leaking the details of almost 800 patients who had attended HIV clinics by accident in 2015.

The Information Commissioner said it was a "serious breach of the law".
I read about this today. So somebody at the clinic makes a serious mistake, the clinic is fined all this money. And where does that money come from again? Ah yes the general public via taxes. Seems odd that we should be punished for their mistake. In my opinion the clinic should instead be forced to change its management team or at least takes their bonuses away.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:19:12 pm by LL »

Offline MrMatrix

I read about this today. So somebody at the clinic makes a serious mistake, the clinic is fined all this money. And where does that money come from again? Ah yes the general public via taxes. Seems odd that we should be punished for their mistake. In my opinion the clinic should instead be forced to change its management team or at least takes their bonuses away.
+1 LL, All too true

Offline smiths

Indeed, they had a less serious breach in 2010 but didn't learn the lessons leading to this breach so I agree the management responsible should be kicked out and competent people put in their place.

Offline stayer

Morning are usually the least busy, Saturdays can be packed.

Recently I went at 3pm midweek, only seven other blokes waiting but within about 30 minutes many more people arrived.

Offline lostandfound

Morning are usually the least busy, Saturdays can be packed.

Recently I went at 3pm midweek, only seven other blokes waiting but within about 30 minutes many more people arrived.

I assume you mean the screening service at 34 Dean Street?

It seems that's now on a reservation only basis so no need to worry about queueing?

External Link/Members Only

Quote from: Dean Street Express website
Don't forget you need to reserve a time slot

It's really simple

Click the blue button below
Enter your mobile number
Choose a time slot
We'll text it to you
Show us the message when you arrive

fredpunter

I assume you mean the screening service at 34 Dean Street?

It seems that's now on a reservation only basis so no need to worry about queueing?

External Link/Members Only

Yes I think this thread should really be renamed as 56 is for people with symptoms if I remember correctly.
I've been twice in the last month or so and you get allocated a slot to attend ... it's not really an appointment but a time to arrive. You may still have to wait a little while but it's never been excessive and sometimes hardly any wait at all.

By the way I went twice cos the first time the nurse said in view of my answers to their questions I should go every two weeks ... on the second visit the nurse more or less said "wtf ... which idiot told you that ? Once every three to six months is fine".

Offline Full Moon

Regarding Dean Street Express.

Usually I go in the working week but I haven't had the time, so I will be looking into going tomorrow if I get a slot. Anyone with any experience going on a Saturday, do you still get your results the same day, including bloods. Just curious as it's the weekend.

Offline Majestic

Regarding Dean Street Express.

Usually I go in the working week but I haven't had the time, so I will be looking into going tomorrow if I get a slot. Anyone with any experience going on a Saturday, do you still get your results the same day, including bloods. Just curious as it's the weekend.
The last time I went on a Saturday, I got the results the same day. I think I was there about 11am/12pm and started getting the tests around 4pm.

That was the weekend before they went to the appointment system so I don't know if it has changed.

TheCape

I went a few months ago and didn't get the results until a couple of days later. In saying that, I'm not sure if it was the express clinic.

fredpunter

Not having been in London for a while and not sure when I will be next I decided to visit my local gum clinic. Well have been sat here 2 hours now and have been told this is not a long wait by their usual standards... still not been seen and don't know when I will be. I could have gone to dean street, been seen, and have got home again by now for fuck sake. Yours grumpily fred punter

mash

Does Dean St swab your cock or do they let you piss in a cup now? The swab is the stuff of nightmares...!

fredpunter

Does Dean St swab your cock or do they let you piss in a cup now? The swab is the stuff of nightmares...!

They've always been happy taking the piss out of me ... which is what the place I'm at now is doing imo

LL

They probably won't do it at 34 Dean Street. They will do it at 56 Dean Street if it's necessary. I.e if you have symptoms. The thought of it is worse than the act. In reality it's a couple of seconds of mild pain then possibly a bit of discomfort afterwards which is gone by the next day. Not much to lose sleep over really.

Offline Silver Birch

The thought of it is worse than the act. In reality it's a couple of seconds of mild pain then possibly a bit of discomfort afterwards which is gone by the next day.

I agree. It gave me a burning/stinging sensation while it was happening, but as soon as the swab was removed, my dick never gave it a 2nd thought, but my big brain thinking about it was  :scare: for days.

Offline claretandblue

Saw my first male nurse on my last visit here last week,he was asking way too many questions about the type of sex I like having for my liking  :sarcastic:

Apart from that the service is as good as ever,requested a time slot the day before,turned up at that time and after a short wait was seen,there was an absolute worldie of a brunette in the waiting room who helped past the time too!

Offline Kaluuu276

Would appreciate your help about the need for Hepatitis Vaccine and the importance / value of having it?

Also do they check for HIV/ STD as standard even though my reason for going is not related?

Thanks