Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 56 Dean Street Express GUM Clinic - Details London W1  (Read 20624 times)

Offline claretandblue

Popped back for my second hep b vaccine, the staff are son efficient it left me time for a post jab punt in a walk up before wandering back to base! :dance:

LL

Popped back for my second hep b vaccine, the staff are son efficient it left me time for a post jab punt in a walk up before wandering back to base! :dance:
Just what the doctor ordered.
:D

Offline claretandblue

Just what the doctor ordered.
:D
had a interesting chat with the maid about the hep b jab,she reckons she was advised to get it just because she is handling the bed sheets etc

LL

had a interesting chat with the maid about the hep b jab,she reckons she was advised to get it just because she is handling the bed sheets etc
Yuck, I wouldn't want to have to peel that towel off the bed at the end of a girl's shift :vomit:

Mike Oxhard

Thought I'd give this place a try yesterday. I know they say Saturday's can be busy but I had time to spare and it's the easiest day for me to get there. I arrived a couple of minutes after their 11am opening time and the doors were still locked. I thought they aren't too punctual and noticed some others were loitering in the vicinity obviously trying to wait discretely  :sarcastic: Funnily, they were all young folks in their 20's and I was probably twice the age of anyone else hanging around!!

Then a really fit young girl went up and tried the door and we both noticed a small note next to the door then......that read "The clinics will be closed Saturday 27th June for the Gay Pride events"!!  :dash:

Oh well, we went on our way (separately unfortunately), others still hadn't cottoned on  :D So, that was quick and painless  :sarcastic:

Pompoy123

Thought I'd pop up to soho and have a check up today after reading this tread. I have to say it was faster than some of the soho punts I've had. I was in and out in 15 mins. I received my test results 2 hours later (all negative). I nearly went for a punt before I got my results after seeing a hot blond entering the walk up at No.2 Liles Street. As I did not have a blue pill on me I've gave it a miss but she was hot.

:thumbsup:

cute.strong

Hi mate,

I have got paranoid about sti's lots of times.  I spoke to a number of consultants at various gum clinics and they all told me that the likelihood of catching chlamydia or gonorrhoea from receiving owo is very very slim to none. Aids/HIV cannot be passed (unless she has a bleeding  wound in her mouth) virus not present in saliva. Syphilis can only be caught is she has an active chancre in her mouth. Herpis is a bigger risk if she has a cold sore but most people already carry the virus anyway.

Go and get checked out but don't fret mate I'm sure u will be fine :) ;)

Quesadilla

Hi mate,

I have got paranoid about sti's lots of times.  I spoke to a number of consultants at various gum clinics and they all told me that the likelihood of catching chlamydia or gonorrhoea from receiving owo is very very slim to none.

Gonorrhoea and chlamydia are not in the same league when it comes to OWO risk. G virus can live in a girls throat with no symptoms for ages. Just takes a good long bout of OWO. I caught it within 6 mths of starting punting from a trusted reg who had no idea she'd been infected.

I personally wouldn't underestimate the risk especially if you are a married/attached punter.

Offline Mr Br1ghts1de

Gonorrhoea and chlamydia are not in the same league when it comes to OWO risk. G virus can live in a girls throat with no symptoms for ages. Just takes a good long bout of OWO. I caught it within 6 mths of starting punting from a trusted reg who had no idea she'd been infected.

I personally wouldn't underestimate the risk especially if you are a married/attached punter.

+1.

As posted here previously the only STI I have caught in 10 years was 3 years ago and Oral Gonorrhoea which looking back upon I'm sure I contracted through RO.

As a result, I am never blasé about the risks however small and will continue to get checked out for all and regularly.

Online Tomi

Thanks to all for this useful thread. One question I haven't found the answer to; if the text from DSE should contain a bad result needing treatment do you return there for prescriptions etc or do you then have to go to your gp/local clinic? Thanks

Offline claretandblue

Thanks to all for this useful thread. One question I haven't found the answer to; if the text from DSE should contain a bad result needing treatment do you return there for prescriptions etc or do you then have to go to your gp/local clinic? Thanks
luckily never happened to me but Iam fairly certain you would return to 56 deans sister operation at no 34 , which is where you are advised to go if you have symptoms, you definitely wouldn't go to the gp's

LL

If you have tests at 34 Dean Street (DSE) and it turns out you need treatment, they will refer you to 56 Dean Street.

fredpunter

Is this place becoming a victim of its success or am I unlucky? It's heaving today. Queued for about 20 mins just for the pee.

fredpunter

Is this place becoming a victim of its success or am I unlucky? It's heaving today. Queued for about 20 mins just for the pee.

Maybe I was just unlucky with my timing ... by the time I left the place was almost empty

Offline claretandblue

probably full of lurkers who contribute nothing to this site!

Offline anyfucker

just varies, i have been in and out within 15 mins and once 90 minutes.

Offline Cabbots

Thank you Password (and others) for the recommendation - went today, in and out in an hour, full tests done.  Supremely efficient.

Back next month.

ClitTeaser

+1

Whole process took 20 minutes.

All clear.

Offline GalaxyMan

Just been today, Monday, for my first visit to this location.  In fact, my first testing for some years...... whoops..... and the first after the end of a close relationship but before the beginning of (hopefully......) another.

Hep B innoculation course started, too

All 5 results back today, by text.

All clear.

As expected, but nice to *know*

GM

:yahoo:  :angelgirl:

Offline Cabbots

All 5 results back today, by text.

All clear.

As expected, but nice to *know*

GM

:yahoo:  :angelgirl:

No matter how many times I've had tests (every month), that wait between doing the test and getting the result always gets me a bit apprehensive... and still relieved each time that text comes though...!

password02

No matter how many times I've had tests (every month), that wait between doing the test and getting the result always gets me a bit apprehensive... and still relieved each time that text comes though...!

+1

Offline smiths

I see according to the BBC news the HIV status of 780 people has been mistakenly leaked by the 56 Dean Street clinic due to an error made by a member of staff.

An example of why going to these places and giving a false name is wise in my view.

Offline claretandblue

I see according to the BBC news the HIV status of 780 people has been mistakenly leaked by the 56 Dean Street clinic due to an error made by a member of staff.

An example of why going to these places and giving a false name is wise in my view.
Spot on, my date of birth is the only genuine information they hold on me

Offline iPad3

Spot on, my date of birth is the only genuine information they hold on me

I don't even do that, I add 1 to each element so easy to remember.

I must say I did think of some of the guys I know use this place but then realised those I was thinking of probably gave false details anyway.

Offline claretandblue

I don't even do that, I add 1 to each element so easy to remember.

I must say I did think of some of the guys I know use this place but then realised those I was thinking of probably gave false details anyway.
Mainly do that because I would never remember a fake date of birth, name is much easier to remember

Offline sticko

Also a good reason to never tick the box that says 'check this box if you want to receive updates from us'.  The leak was to send a newsletter that people opted in for to 780 people who could each see all 780 names.  All of whom had been tested for HIV.  I use the clinic but never opt in to this sort of thing.

Offline shooter

Thanks for this thread - I went along recently - in and out (!) in an hour - results (all clear  :dance:) in 3 texts within 4 hours. Great service and easy.  Thought some might enjoy this festive reminder to get down to Dean St  :D :lol: External Link/Members Only

Offline Vip260

Apologies if the info is buried in these threads, is the blood test a proper needle in the arm job or a finger prick?  Thanks

Offline claretandblue

Apologies if the info is buried in these threads, is the blood test a proper needle in the arm job or a finger prick?  Thanks
Needle in arm

Offline Vip260

Hmm mm,  tricky to explain that one then, my arm normally looks like a war wound after a blood test!

Offline claretandblue

Hmm mm,  tricky to explain that one then, my arm normally looks like a war wound after a blood test!
Ah I suppose, luckily for me it's just left a minimal mark and is then hidden under my shirt anyway

LL

Tiny pin-prick. The nurse will put a swab on it as the needle comes out. Press it really hard against your arm with the fingers of your other hand. Keep the pressure applied as you leave and for five minutes or so. It might not even show the next day. It it does, chances are nobody will notice. Even if it's noticed. There are lots of other reasons why you would have had a blood test. Think of something. Tell your wife you gave blood if she asks.

When you go to the clinic for a checkup it's not compulsory to do all tests. You can just do the urine test if that's all your comfortable with.

Offline NightKid

I got the finger prick once when I experienced a bout of yeast infection scare and mentioned it to them.

It's possible you could request for one method or the other.

Offline NightKid

I got the finger prick once when I experienced a bout of yeast infection scare and mentioned it to them.

It's possible you could request for one method or the other.

Got some new info after my last GUM visit for this year a couple of days ago.
Apparently they don't recommend the finger prick option since it's supposedly less accurate and may even produce false positive results.

Also, if you genuinely do not engage in unprotected sex (intercourse only, oral doesn't count) then you don't have to get checked quarterly, as often mistakenly repeated on UKP.
For routine checkups, once or twice a year is fine ... unless if you're experiencing symptoms of course.

LL

Also, if you genuinely do not engage in unprotected sex (intercourse only, oral doesn't count) then you don't have to get checked quarterly, as often mistakenly repeated on UKP.
For routine checkups, once or twice a year is fine ... unless if you're experiencing symptoms of course.
I don't think you can say that others are mistaken just because they received different advice to you. This thread is about the clinics of Dean Street. I've been to both and been told, at both, to get myself checked every 3 months. I'll follow their advice rather than yours. :hi:

Atticus Finch

I've also been to both clinics, and been given the same advice as Nightkid.

What I was advised is that if they consider you to be in a low risk group - so not engaging in intravenous drug use, gay penetrative sex, or unprotected sex, then once or twice a year is probably sufficient.

I am absolutely, definitely not saying that you've been up to anything untoward btw LL, just different advice.

I was also told that the blood test is for HIV markers, so again, probably not as essential as the urine sample unless you are in a higher risk category.

This is advice I have had more than once from Dean Street.  Not saying it is definitive.  Every punter should look after themselves as they see fit.  As it happens I tend to go monthly - which is maybe why I've been given that advice.

Offline claretandblue

What I was advised is that if they consider you to be in a low risk group - so not engaging in intravenous drug use, gay penetrative sex, or unprotected sex, then once or twice a year is probably sufficient.

I am absolutely, definitely not saying that you've been up to anything untoward btw LL, just different advice.

I was also told that the blood test is for HIV markers, so again, probably not as essential as the urine sample unless you are in a higher risk category.

This is advice I have had more than once from Dean Street.  Not saying it is definitive.  Every punter should look after themselves as they see fit.  As it happens I tend to go monthly - which is maybe why I've been given that advice.
If you are just seeing women and not barebacking they are probably sick of the sight of you if you go monthly!

Offline Dougie

I went there recently for a checkup quick results within a few hours and saw the lovely Chessie Kay in waiting room. But I was advised to go once or twice per year as my activities were low risk. But I will still go quaterly as pre-caution.

Offline Bigus Dickus

Did you tell them you were a punter? If you do I think they may treat you differently.

LL

Did you tell them you were a punter? If you do I think they may treat you differently.
Yes exactly. Sex with prostitutes = high risk group, regardless of how many precautions you take. Have you noticed that we're not supposed to give blood either - same reason - high risk group.

To a certain extent the advice you're given depends on which nurse or doctor you speak to in the clinic. For example I've been given conflicting advice about the riskiness of OWO (with one sexual health professional telling me it's very low risk and another saying the opposite). However I learnt the hard way, that I personally don't want to risk it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:23:42 pm by LL »

Offline NightKid

I don't think you can say that others are mistaken just because they received different advice to you. This thread is about the clinics of Dean Street. I've been to both and been told, at both, to get myself checked every 3 months. I'll follow their advice rather than yours. :hi:

I'm not saying that receiving different advice is the mistake but rather the UKP consensus that punters need to "go get tested every 3 months" is, in light of new info I was talking about that Atticus has summed up nicely.

As for what this thread about, the OP was actually trying to refer to the Express clinic but wrote the wrong number which, as you yourself corrected him on reply #9, is supposed to be 34 Dean St and not 56.
Since you've been to both, you should know as well that 56 is by appointment only and tends to deal with the confirmed/serious cases - thus it isn't advisable to do a routine check-up there.

If you are just seeing women and not barebacking they are probably sick of the sight of you if you go monthly!

In essence and on a funny note, yes. But I think the truth of it is that they probably want to spend more of their resources and focus on the at-risk groups i.e. druggies, barebackers & gays.

Yes, obviously. To begin with, among the screening questions you get when you sign in at Express is something like "do you see sex workers?" & "how many sex partners in the last 3 months?" so it can't get any clearer than that.
And I still got the advice about visiting twice a year after confirming again that I've seen more than 10 prossies over the last quarter of the year so I don't think they consider punters who practice safe sex as high-risk anymore.

Edit: Regardless, I'm aware that despite what I've said, those who still wish to go however many times will do so. I've done my part after having passed on the information above so, as usual, it's up to you to make up your own minds.
Personally, I'm glad to be able to reduce the frequency of my visits as time has become a precious commodity for me these days.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:23:52 pm by NightKid »

fredpunter

Considerably more tricky to explain away giving the Mrs a dose

LL

Since you've been to both, you should know as well that 56 is by appointment only and tends to deal with the confirmed/serious cases - thus it isn't advisable to do a routine check-up there.
That isn't true. 56 Dean Street is where you go if you need treatment and treatment is not offered at 34 Dean Street. However "routine checkups" are offered at both clinics. So it's no problem to go for a checkup at 56 and in fact some people would prefer it as it's more relaxed, less of a rush - so you would have more time to talk to a professional if you needed advice. However, as you point out, it's by appointment only. Appointments for treatment and vaccinations are prioritised so for a routine checkup you may have to wait a couple of weeks (in my experience) or call regularly to check for cancellations. The other drawback is that you have to wait a week for test results.  I.e - it's a regular GUM clinic whereas 34 Dean Street is special - the only such NHS GUM express clinic in the country I think.

Atticus Finch

Yes of course. 

They still consider it fairly low risk as long as you are taking sensible precautions.

B52

Hi,
was there today Dean Street Express, Dean Street 38. Best clinic I've been too - modern IT makes all the difference.
Yes, I mentioned too that I pay for sex, they treat you as a little more high risk.

Offline collector

Thank you all guys for the useful info in this thread. Very easy to register and get the results. Just received the texts and got the all clear  :thumbsup:

fredpunter

I tried to visit very recently and was turned away cos they were too busy ... victim of its own success?

LL

I tried to visit very recently and was turned away cos they were too busy ... victim of its own success?
I walked past at the beginning of the year, on my way home from work and the queue stretched outside the clinic and a good 20 metres up Dean Street. I think they have late opening on one night of the week. But who would stand in that queue for everyone in Soho to see? No thanks! I guess these are all customers who've been anxious to get tested after something happened at a drunken office Christmas party and they've been waiting to return to work after the Christmas break to be able to visit the clinic. I think it will settle down again soon.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:16:21 am by LL »

Offline Boredbloke

Does this place close at 7. Unfortunately I can't get out of the office until 5.30 each day and by the time I get here it's going to about 6. Presumably there is little or no chance of being seen that late on.

Hornydevil247

The place has been a victim of its own success.

They only do walk ins now between 8 and 11 am.

If you turn up after this time they now give you an allotted time slot on the same day and ask you to come back.

Not sure if this is permanent.