Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Real name or Punting name?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline threechilliman

I've always used a punting name, but the thought occurred to me recently that if I bumped into someone I'd seen and they weren't discrete, what might be the outcome. If she said 'Hello <realname>' I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get away with how I knew her. If she said 'Hello <puntername>' that would be extremely tricky to deal with and I think Mrs tcm might smell a rat.

I'm considering using my real first name in future. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on it. I have a PAYG punting phone, so no links there.

tcm

HornyByNature

I use my nickname, and never my full name. And my prepared excuse if I bump into a WG, is she was an ex colleague at work.

Offline virtualplayer

I've always used my real first name. Cuts down on the confusion after all the best lies are the ones closest to the truth and then I forgot who I am either.

Offline AgedCases

I use my real name (first name only obviously) mainly because I've nothing to hide.

But also I just cannot get used to using a false name. I'm bound to say "Who's he? Oh, you mean me?" and blow it!

Sureshot

I use my real name, mainly because the first time i was asked i stupidly forgot to give an alias and just blurted it out.  From then on i didn't really care and just carry on.  I'm quite sure they all thjnk its a fake name anyway.

Offline tantric talents

Real name as its common enough. Plus punting phone of course!

Loki

I have a punting name.... just in case.

if I ever saw a WG out, she remembered me and called me by it, then she would obviously have me confused with someone else.

I don't have any regulars I see, and hopefully I'm pretty forgettable...  :lol:

Offline Denhamhoop

Tend to use my own name or affix QPR in front tbh cannot be bothered making stuff up.

raylondoner

Tend to use my own name or affix QPR in front tbh cannot be bothered making stuff up.

Joey hoop!!!  :hi:

firth

Offline Boundless

I've always used a punting name, but the thought occurred to me recently that if I bumped into someone I'd seen and they weren't discrete, what might be the outcome. If she said 'Hello <realname>' I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get away with how I knew her. If she said 'Hello <puntername>' that would be extremely tricky to deal with and I think Mrs tcm might smell a rat.

I'm considering using my real first name in future. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on it. I have a PAYG punting phone, so no links there.

tcm

I'd hope that any WG I'd seen would just ignore me if I was in company, I'd be bloody furious if she didn't.
If she did though, I'd do as above and say, "I think you have me mistaken with someone else."

Incidentally, a funny thing happened a couple of years ago.
I was just going back to my car at Warwick services when a guy coming the other way said, "Hi <my real name> how are you?" Had no idea who he was but after a bit of a chat about who he thought I was, it transpired that I'm a doppelgänger for a mate of his with the same name!
My Mrs was with me so probably suspects me of being a closet gay now!!  :D

Offline Gordon Bennett

I use my nickname, and never my full name. And my prepared excuse if I bump into a WG, is she was an ex colleague at work.

Yeah but how does that explain why the WG addresses you as "Harry Monk" or whatever punting nickname you use? S'pose you could just say it was a daft ex-colleague :rolleyes:

Offline LanceVance

You would think that WGs were smart enough to clock that if they see a regular with another woman, it is likely to be their partner, wouldn't you?  :wackogirl:

Type_O_Negative

Like the others i use my first name only.

DeWallenFan

I always use my real first name, but there is one girl I see in Amsterdam who I'm Facebook friends with lol.. so she knows my last name obviously..And yes it is her real profile rather than a WG one  :P

Offline RedKettle

After joining UKP I changed to a punting name.

I think if the girl uses that when you are with your OH it is easier to say after she has walked on that clearly you had no idea who she was and she must have mistaken you for someone else.  I think that covers the innocent mistake by a WG.

If she is being vindictive and trying to cause problems for you (can you imagine in the middle of Tescos with a right slapper saying in front of your OH that she has been shagging you for money) then the fact she uses the wrong name can only be helpful.

Offline RedKettle

I did once get muddled up and in a call with a pre UKP girl I used my punting name.  When we met she was putting an unusual emphasise on the name when using it and I suddenly realised that I should have used my real name with her - so hard to keep track of these multiple identities!! 

Anyway following the advice given on UKP many times I decided that having my cock in her month would stop any questioning.

Offline Daffodil

tcm

If this situation happens it's easy to say she must have you confused with somebody else.

Or, if you go with the scenario that she does know you, she clearly doesn't know you very well as she got your name wrong  :hi:

Additionally, in reality, a prossie is never going to remember your name. Real or not.

Offline claretandblue

Punting phone plus real first name for me

Offline The Beano

I use my real first name, albeit a shortened version. The only time I use a false name is the GUM clinic where I use the name of someone I don't like. I imagine him when they are swabbing and sticking needles in me!
TB

Offline Trevor12

I have a punting name.... just in case.

if I ever saw a WG out, she remembered me and called me by it, then she would obviously have me confused with someone else.

+1

pierrot

Real name but I dont punt on my doorstep and dont really have an issue anyway being on my own so to speak. Plus I see a lot of different people in my daily life so they could easily be a customer.

Offline Sonny Crockett

In my first 4 years of punting I used my real first name. Then when I resumed punting last year, I used a punting name which I continue to do to this present day.

Offline anonyorks

Use my first name, it is common enough so I'm not that bothered.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Same here, Jimmy would never identify me.    :hi:

DG

Always used my real first name, think I would feel a bit of a twat if I didn't. Like another poster said, my name is pretty common so not really worth hiding. My reasoning is that it's the real me going to see a fake persona to fuck, don't really care what she calls herself, in fact those girls who's names I do know, I still refer to them by their alias, bit weird otherwise.

Offline mf_1101

I use a diminutive form of my real name, fairly easy to figure out but my name isn't the most common so I like the idea of some form of alias, even if just a minor one.

Quesadilla

Nothing to hide so always use my real name - but even if a WG forgot and used my AW name it's an old nickname and easily explained as such.

Offline Sparta Prada

Let me tell you about something that happened last year...

I was in a local cafe with my wife when a lady came up to me and said "Hello (shortened version of my real name), how are you? It's been a while since we last met". This was a wg who I last saw nearly 20 years yet she still bloody remembered me!

I was furious inside because she must have seen I had female company, and there was no need for the wg to stop by for a chat. after the wg had moved on I said to my wife that it was an old work colleague which satisfied any curiosity she had.

Afterwards I was just so pleased that I have always used a shortened version of my real name in punting, otherwise that could have been an even more embarrassing situation!

Oneminuteboy

Use a punting name a friend gave me.

Offline stevedave

Same for me. Sometimes having a bog standard name comes in handy - it's likely that the WG will just presume it's a made up name. After all, I severely doubt she is is really called "Kate" or "Sarah" etc etc...

Offline threechilliman

Let me tell you about something that happened last year...

I was in a local cafe with my wife when a lady came up to me and said "Hello (shortened version of my real name), how are you? It's been a while since we last met". This was a wg who I last saw nearly 20 years yet she still bloody remembered me!

I was furious inside because she must have seen I had female company, and there was no need for the wg to stop by for a chat. after the wg had moved on I said to my wife that it was an old work colleague which satisfied any curiosity she had.

Afterwards I was just so pleased that I have always used a shortened version of my real name in punting, otherwise that could have been an even more embarrassing situation!

Yes, this is exactly what prompted the topic. I had an old work colleague say hello in Manchester last week whilst out with the Mrs, and it was easily brushed off which is what got me thinking. No odd questions afterwards or anything.

A strategy rethink needed I reckon.

tcm