Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Virtual SIM cards  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Excalibur

Anybody use one of these as an alternative to a punting phone? From a brief read up it seems that one SIM can have multiple phone numbers that can be assigned via an app. Maybe Punting is a potential use case that providers have not exploited? Anybody knows how it would work 'out in the field'?

raylondoner

I know nothing about this but sounds a bit high tech so would probably be smarter than me, so I'm sticking with my old Nokia  :hi:

Offline Trevor12

I know nothing about this but sounds a bit high tech so would probably be smarter than me, so I'm sticking with my old Nokia  :hi:

+1

I like that there is no link between my punting number, and my personal one. Having both numbers on one sim increases the potential for mistakes, and also means taking your personal phone with you into a punt.

Offline Excalibur

Need to do some more research. Trevor, think that is point, there is no link to your phone. Once you are finished you 'bin' the temporary punting number and it's gone. I take what you say about taking the phone into a punt though. For me, due to nature of my work, I have work laptops, iPads, Blackberry and iPhones when I go punting. Unavoidable.

Offline flybynightpm

I love tech and will over engineer everything at home... its fun trying, because you can, but in the end, the simple/dum phone you can clear down at any time is such a peace of mind!

I'd also question whether a multi-sim app would keep the contacts/phone logs/msgs completely separate from the ones I want to keep Unless it was like VM for phones, so I can't see it working ;)

Offline flybynightpm

Yeah I sometime go punting with three phones.. work, personal and punting... I tried a multi-sim adapter but it didn't work..

Offline Excalibur

Reason for the query is if Mrs Excalibur was to find an additional phone then I'd be in a world of pain ie can't justify it. How do you keep the Punting Phone 'safe', hence the SIM question:

Offline smiths

Reason for the query is if Mrs Excalibur was to find an additional phone then I'd be in a world of pain ie can't justify it. How do you keep the Punting Phone 'safe', hence the SIM question:

Another phone isn't needed, just another tiny sim.

Offline iPad3

Let your current phone run out of power one day and go home bitching about how  it's been a right  pain.

A week or so later arrive home with a £10 Nokia from Tesco and announce that you'll not be caught out again, tell her this beauty is living in your bag and will ensure you can make calls even when the hi tec phone dies.....simples

raylondoner

Let your current phone run out of power one day and go home bitching about how  it's been a right  pain.

A week or so later arrive home with a £10 Nokia from Tesco and announce that you'll not be caught out again, tell her this beauty is living in your bag and will ensure you can make calls even when the hi tec phone dies.....simples

Until ...... "I'm going out with the girls tonight but my phone's not charged, can I borrow your spare"?  :scare:

LL

Until ...... "I'm going out with the girls tonight but my phone's not charged, can I borrow your spare"?  :scare:
You: "Sure."
Her: "What's the unlock code, honey?"
You: "There's a lock code? I've no idea, I haven't used it yet."

Anything else we need to tell the mumsnetters?  Everyone needs to find their own cover-story for having a spare phone - don't follow any example ones found on the Internet!

raylondoner

Anything else we need to tell the mumsnetters?  Everyone needs to find their own cover-story for having a spare phone - don't follow any example ones found on the Internet!

Don't forget information share can work both ways - try googling something like "mumsnet hidden phone". Especially interesting for those that keep their secret phone in the car or in a tool box!   :hi:

carefree

I dont have a punting phone but if i did it would be kept in the kit bag in the boot of my car.  My missus has her car and i have mine.  There has never been a time when she has wanted or needed to go to my boot, and even if she did she knows that the bag in there is full of work shit, trainers and gym stuff.

Offline lol

That's why you buy an identical one for her too.