Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Question for the techie guys  (Read 4218 times)

Drillakilla

A couple of years ago my missus installed a program in my computer that logged keystrokes and websites visited, so got to see all my arranged meets on aw and of course the emails about how the last punt was so good etc. Plus she caught me out using swingers websites meeting girls, so yeah I kind of fucked up.

Since then I only use my iPad for this site and anything 'dodgy'

Ive just had my PC wiped clean by a friend and returned as it was running like a bitch. Is there anything I can do to prevent her from installing a similar program or even check if one has been installed, it's only been back in the house 3 days so there is always that possibility again.

I tried installing a couple of media programs and iTunes on to the c drive to be told I didn't have permission, which meant I had to save in 'my documents' then run the program from there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and a big fuck you to all the shitty companies that provide spyware programs to spy on partners That can break up marriages....cunts!!

I know we can log in different profiles, but that would make her suspicious and think I have something to hide....swear to god the girls paranoid :lol:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:41:52 pm by Drillakilla »

justfornow

If you're not to good with computers i would stay with the ipad. Keep in mind that even if you get advice over here lack of familiarity can result in you missing something and getting caught again.
If your wife is not a techie herself the programs will be on the list found at: start = > controls panel = > programs and features. That is under windows 7

You can view currently running processes by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and starting up task manager. If you see something suspicious you can switch it off over there. You're risking switching off something useful by mistake or she might notice you switched it off which will cause suspicion.

Both of these require you being able to identify said program by name.

If you find the name on either list you might try switching it on to check if you can pause it for the duration. She might have to running at the same time though or the one that you will pause might log the fact it was paused and so on...

Also it might be a different one to the one she used before or have some weird name that might not draw your attention. If you can stay anonymous on the ipad don't risk it. Keep your pc clean of evidence.

You must be a charmer if she stayed with you after finding out that kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:51:55 pm by justfornow »

Drillakilla

If you're not to good with computers i would stay with the ipad. Keep in mind that even if you get advice over here lack of familiarity can result in you missing something and getting caught again.
If your wife is not a techie herself the programs will be on the list found at: start = > controls panel = > programs and features. That is under windows 7

You can view currently running processes by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and starting up task manager. If you see something suspicious you can switch it off over there. You're risking switching off something useful by mistake or she might notice you switched it off which will cause suspicion.

Both of these require you being able to identify said program by name.

If you find the name on either list you might try switching it on to check if you can pause it for the duration. She might have to running at the same time though or the one that you will pause might log the fact it was paused and so on...

Also it might be a different one to the one she used before or have some weird name that might not draw your attention. If you can stay anonymous on the ipad don't risk it. Keep your pc clean of evidence.

You must be a charmer if she stayed with you after finding out that kind of stuff.

Thanks for that, I have a little knowledge on computers and know what you're talking about. I was under the impression that the programs installed were so good, they don't even show up on task manager or show as something unrecognisible, hence their subterfuge nature.

I also think a sub can be used too, I'm not sure if this acts alone and mines the info on its own, or has to work in conjunction with an installed program.

justfornow

You're right to think it might not show up or it might show up with a different weird name. If there is a chance she got something like that running just use your ipad man. Fiddling about with it only to find out you missed one thing or that your activity itself was logged and discovered is just to risky in my opinion.

Oh and make sure she won't lay her hands on your ipad :D

Offline ForrestGump

Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware. Use it to scan your pc and it'll find and give you the option to remove anything like a keylogger (the app which records your keystrokes) but you'll probably need administrator privileges to install it, though. Ask your friend (the one who wiped the pc for you) if you need to get the administrator password.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Lambeth19

Unless you set up an account for your wife and one for yourself, both password protected, if that raises suspicion stay with ipad.

For added security download Atomic Web Browser from App Store, you can set it as password protected and hide it in a folder on your ipad, means she cant look at your browse history. there is also a private mode that deletes all history when you log out of it

Offline Iloveoral

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 379
Key logging software won't show up in programs running (ctr-del-alt) or anything like that, I've used it myself on a few occasions, long story but it did the job and was undetectable, as advised by other use an iPad or similar remembering to clear browsing history every time  or better.... apple allow 'private browsing mode' so nothing is stored, turn it on, do your thing, turn it off, there's no history of sites or passwords

The only way your going to stop her installing software is to remove admin rights to her login, this will start alarm bells in her head straight away.

99% of women out there wouldn't think about key logging or be able to Install it correctly, I'm guessing she's not that stupid, don't use a shared pic matey simple as that!!

Be safe and good luck :)

MrFluffy

Always do the simplest thing in life.  Divorce her - and punt free of conscience.   It's difficult to live a lie.

Drillakilla

Key logging software won't show up in programs running (ctr-del-alt) or anything like that, I've used it myself on a few occasions, long story but it did the job and was undetectable, as advised by other use an iPad or similar remembering to clear browsing history every time  or better.... apple allow 'private browsing mode' so nothing is stored, turn it on, do your thing, turn it off, there's no history of sites or passwords

The only way your going to stop her installing software is to remove admin rights to her login, this will start alarm bells in her head straight away.

99% of women out there wouldn't think about key logging or be able to Install it correctly, I'm guessing she's not that stupid, don't use a shared pic matey simple as that!!

Be safe and good luck :)

Thanks, I suspected that may be the case. Fucking sneaky software companies, they should go in the cunts thread!!

SirFrank

She sounds like a devious cunt to me. Instead of fucking around with your pc, kick the bitch into touch. You know it makes sense

Offline FLYING BLUE

Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware. Use it to scan your pc and it'll find and give you the option to remove anything like a keylogger (the app which records your keystrokes) but you'll probably need administrator privileges to install it, though. Ask your friend (the one who wiped the pc for you) if you need to get the administrator password.

Excellent and simple advice. It works.
FB

Bluefin

I would never trust a PC. Any browsing on AW or here is done on my smartphone in incognito mode with history wiped after for good measure. I am also the only one who knows my phone password. :D

Offline Boundless

A couple of years ago my missus installed a program in my computer that logged keystrokes and websites visited, so got to see all my arranged meets on aw and of course the emails about how the last punt was so good etc.

WTF???
And you're still together????
What prompted her to do such a thing? I'd have pretty serious reservations about a partner that did that or if I ever felt the need to do it.

Siadwel

<SNIP>

I tried installing a couple of media programs and iTunes on to the c drive to be told I didn't have permission, which meant I had to save in 'my documents' then run the program from there.

<SNIP>

That sounds like the account you're using isn't an Admin account, or the User Controls are turned up too high. Get the Admin password off your (supposed) mate, go into User Accounts in Control Panel, change yours to an Administrator account, create another non-admin account for your should-soon-to-be-ex, turn off the User Account Controls. Job's a good 'un.

Take control of your computer, mate, or buy her a laptop and draw a specific line between hers and yours.

bensonhedges20

Update your ipad and ensure its always on the latest software. If your lazy then it can be jailbroken and keylogger and an image emailer can easily be installed.

Only way round it is to avoid the jailbreak by kewping it on the latest software.

P.s if you have been caught once then she knows you still do it. you need to cover your tracks or keep a seperate phone/pad in order to not get caught

bensonhedges20

That sounds like the account you're using isn't an Admin account, or the User Controls are turned up too high. Get the Admin password off your (supposed) mate, go into User Accounts in Control Panel, change yours to an Administrator account, create another non-admin account for your should-soon-to-be-ex, turn off the User Account Controls. Job's a good 'un.

Take control of your computer, mate, or buy her a laptop and draw a specific line between hers and yours.

You can download disks off the net that can bypass the password in minutes.
Even soccer moms can do it

Offline Iloveoral

• Board Moderator
[quote author=bensonhedges20 link=topic=52875.msg688574#msg688574 date=1427841268

P.s if you have been caught once then she knows you still do it. you need to cover your tracks or keep a seperate phone/pad in order to not get caught
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with that, if she has been at your heels before theres more than a chance she's going to be all over your ass again, Deffo no more shared pc access matey it's not worth risking it

Siadwel

You can download disks off the net that can bypass the password in minutes.
Even soccer moms can do it

Well, I'm definitely more computer-literate than your average 'soccer mom', but in twenty years of using those 'download disks off the net', none of them has worked 'in minutes'. Maybe you can recommend one that does?

A shared iPad is even worse, not even a multi-user/multi-account device. Anything one person does on it is there for all to see, unless history is wiped or you use incognito/in private browsing, not always possible, especially if she's a suspicious bunny. At least some Android devices can accommodate multiple user accounts.

Bottom line, if the OP can't guarantee privacy on his own pc, buy another one, they're cheap enough.

EDIT: I have never, ever in twenty years of owning one, shared my pc with anyone else. Including the ex.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:54:39 pm by Siadwel »

JackDaniels

This would only find malicious keyloggers that your computer had been infected with, not a legitimate program that had been installed by the system administrator.

I'd have a look at the 'Uninstall or change a program' list. (Start>Computer)

Offline ForrestGump

This would only find malicious keyloggers that your computer had been infected with, not a legitimate program that had been installed by the system administrator.

I'd have a look at the 'Uninstall or change a program' list. (Start>Computer)

Oh really? Name one, please? I'm genuinely intrigued  :)

Offline Iloveoral

• Board Moderator
From my experience, decent key logging software doesn't show up on the uninstall list either JD

before you hit that far the software would have emailed your clicks to your missus anyways

Simple answer, shared pc - no

JackDaniels

Oh really? Name one, please? I'm genuinely intrigued  :)

Keystroke logging software isn't illegal to download on your own system. People in this thread are confused, his misses didn't hack him or infect the computer with a virus.

She would have simply downloaded one of these:

Offline Roth

She sounds like a devious cunt to me. Instead of fucking around with your pc, kick the bitch into touch. You know it makes sense

Yep must be easier to ditch the wife surely?  :D :D.

Offline ForrestGump

Keystroke logging software isn't illegal to download on your own system. People in this thread are confused, his misses didn't hack him or infect the computer with a virus.

She would have simply downloaded one of these:

That's understood. No confusion here. It's the bit about a ligitimately installed keylogger not showing up on a scan using Malwarebytes Antimalware that I'm asking you to provide an example of. Are you able to?

JackDaniels

That's understood. No confusion here. It's the bit about a ligitimately installed keylogger not showing up on a scan using Malwarebytes Antimalware that I'm asking you to provide an example of. Are you able to?

Why would legitimate software show up on a adware/malware/virus scanner?

Siadwel

Because any AV/anti-malware worth its salt will have the signatures of most keyloggers in its database, and will be updated daily with any new signatures.

Keyloggers are not widely regarded as 'legitimate'. They may be installed 'legitimately', but that does not make them 'legitimate' to the AV or, for sake of argument, MalwareBytes, so they'd be detected as a threat.

JackDaniels

ForrestGump asked if I was able to provide an example confirming legitimate keylogging software wouldn't be detected by MalwareBytes.

How about straight from the horses mouth? (MalwareBytes staff)

Hidden Image/Members Only

source:https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/114045-keyloggers/

and again:

"Those that are legit and not installed without the knowledge of a human being. Meaning that if a spouse, employer, etc installed it on purpose, then by definition it is not Malware"
seems to describe OP's situation.

source: www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=post;topic=52875.0;last_msg=688634

Siadwel- here's MalwareBytes staff describing them as 'legitimate keyloggers' in these posts.

and again:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:30:49 am by JackDaniels »

Offline ForrestGump

Because keyloggers typically contain rootkit functionality which classifies them as a trojan from the malware scanners viewpoint. A malware/virus scanner wouldn't be much use if it just didn't bother to scan an installed app purely because it's white listed.

JackDaniels

A malware/virus scanner wouldn't be much use if it just didn't bother to scan an installed app purely because it's white listed.

You'd best uninstall MalwareBytes then. :thumbsup:

JackDaniels

one more for good measure. (There's that term legitimate keylogger again Siadwell)

Offline ForrestGump

You'd best uninstall MalwareBytes then. :thumbsup:

Works just fine for me. So thanks for your advice but I'll decline.  :thumbsup:

Nobby nobbs

1) how the hell did you get away with getting caught and she stayed? She must be either really gullible or an effing saint and deserves a diamond encrusted blue peter badge.

2) how is your answer to your problem to increase security on your PC when clearly it's not your strong suit? she out smarted you once, she'll do it again. She knows she can't trust you and will watching your Every. Single. Move. She will be searching for evidence like an angry bitch for years. Abandon all PC solutions. If I were in your shoes I would wipe every piece of tech your wife could possibly see. Get a whole other pay as you go phone paid for in cash that's kept at work or some other location that your wife never goes to ever, ever. And after every use of the phone, wipe it again just in case. No more late night punt planning on the PC while the wife's asleep for you buddy.

3) better still, go be happy and be free. if your reaction to getting caught is to carry right back where you left off, maybe theirs more respect for her and yourself if you just called it a day and go be happy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:52:34 am by Nobby nobbs »

JackDaniels

Works fine for me too. It's not supposed to flag up non-malicious software. That's the point I'm making. :)

And my advice was for OP. He should have a look on his 'uninstall or change a program' list, where the software will appear. (as it is legitimate and not designed to be hidden from the owner)

This was my only advice before you jumped in with your ill-informed condescending replies. Friend of Jason are we?

Siadwel

The 'legitimate' they're talking about means 'installed knowingly to the user'. I only know of one keylogger (there are definitely others but I've only looked at one) that uses 'well-known' and 'appropriate legal coding techniques', and obviously, it costs a fortune. I've only looked at it from a network licensing point of view, so it may have been cheap enough for the OP's mrs to have bought a pukka version

If something is installed unknowingly to the user/owner then it is not 'legitimate'. Do you not get that? If I were to install one of these on your pc, but didn't tell you I'd done it, it would not be 'legitimate', even though it is 'well known' and 'uses appropriate coding techniques'.

Now, none of this helping the OP, it's just getting into technical and semantic bollocks and who can piss up the wall the highest. The only thing he should do is buy his wife a laptop as a divorce present.

JackDaniels

If something is installed unknowingly to the user/owner then it is not 'legitimate'. Do you not get that? If I were to install one of these on your pc, but didn't tell you I'd done it, it would not be 'legitimate'.

Just because his wife didn't use it legitimately doesn't make the software legitimate. And his wife installed it on her own PC, so it would be 'legitimate'. Do you not get that?

and I'm ending it here, I only replied in here to suggest OP suggested his uninstall or change a program list.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:58:03 am by JackDaniels »

JackDaniels

What an uptight bunch for a site full of guys whose main hobby is shagging hot girls.

bensonhedges20

Well, I'm definitely more computer-literate than your average 'soccer mom', but in twenty years of using those 'download disks off the net', none of them has worked 'in minutes'. Maybe you can recommend one that does?

A shared iPad is even worse, not even a multi-user/multi-account device. Anything one person does on it is there for all to see, unless history is wiped or you use incognito/in private browsing, not always possible, especially if she's a suspicious bunny. At least some Android devices can accommodate multiple user accounts.

Bottom line, if the OP can't guarantee privacy on his own pc, buy another one, they're cheap enough.

EDIT: I have never, ever in twenty years of owning one, shared my pc with anyone else. Including the ex.

check piratebay. bypass windows password are keywords

They do work.

Used one a few months back and was in in minutes.

Malwarebytes is useless. Only ever finds tracking cookies. Useless at the hardcore stuff
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:31:45 am by bensonhedges20 »

Offline HappyandLucky

What an uptight bunch for a site full of guys whose main hobby is shagging hot girls.
If u can't play nicely JD, I suggest u crawl back under the rock u came from, rather than spouting bollocks and general insults.

Offline ForrestGump

...before you jumped in with your ill-informed condescending replies. Friend of Jason are we?

Ill-informed? I wasn't aware that I was when I first added my comments, but I am aware of that now. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me.

Condescending? I wasn't aware that I was being condescending. That wasn't my intention. Seriously. My apologies if that's the way I came across.

Friend of Jason? Not to my knowledge

Siadwel

If u can't play nicely JD, I suggest u crawl back under the rock u came from, rather than spouting bollocks and general insults.

It's just a troll, isn't it.

Offline ForrestGump

Malwarebytes is useless. Only ever finds tracking cookies. Useless at the hardcore stuff

Your recommendation of better alternatives?

Offline HappyandLucky

It's just a troll, isn't it.
It appears from JD's recent posts I have read only seem to be focused on avoiding direct questions and after repeated challenges from other members he slithers off to a new thread. He has been mentioned on the thread of Trolls and low lifes. For me I ignore his bollocks unless he starts unfounded trolls. Sooner or later he will get himself banned and his bollocks and zero reviews can go play elsewhere.

Offline skirtLift

A lot of bad advice being given on the second page of this thread, JD is closest to the mark.

The bottom line is there are no magic tools that can detect certain spywares.  Running these tools and coming up clean will only give you a dangerously, false sense of security.   You simply have to know what your doing(most people in this thread giving advice do not) & able to check the system manually. 

@OP, it would literally take years for you to learn the necessary IT skills from where you are now.  You could pay your IT guy to lockdown your laptop, make sure all history is auto deleted after every session and make it virtually impossible for your OH to install any Spyware, but it might be simpler to just have a punting device much like you would have a second phone.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:34:44 am by skirtLift »

Offline anyfucker

Since then I only use my iPad for this site and anything 'dodgy'

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OP, have you have contradicted yourself? if you're not using your PC for anything "dodgy" then no problem, carelessness costs lives or big money.
Be paranoid.
Think about what would happen if she found out and what you want to happen, if you're OK with divorce then carry on, if not then stop.
It might be good to get the PC wiped again but this time:
Have it set so nobody can install any programs, this means you and your wife as you will "not know" the admin pasword, this will make it harder for her to install any software. If you do know the admin password only use it when she is out of the house.
Make a list of all the programs installed and viewable in remove programs menu so that you know if anything is installed and shows up (windows update might add something).
Make a list of all the programs you see running in Task Manager so that you know ...
Install a good virus/spyware checker and update it and run it regularly, at least every week, preferably every time before you search for a punt. With a bit of luck it will spot any keylogger software.
Check where your keyboard is attached to the PC to see if a hardware keylogger is attached - they're not detectable by software.
open your browser and use a private/incognito window, history will not be kpet - however, files you download and bookmarks you make will be kept.
Remember to close the private windows first then you have a perfectly respectable browser for the world to view.
Close down and switch off your PC when you are finished.
Check your logs to see when the PC was turned on and off, you can see if she's snooping.
if she hasn't got a PC then consider getting her a laptop or something so she has no real reason to use yours.
There's more but i have to go.
At the end of the day if she's tech savvy or has access to a friend then she can find out if she tries hard enough, i'd be able to  :cool:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:46:22 pm by anyfucker »

Siadwel

A lot of bad advice being given on the second page of this thread, JD is closest to the mark.

The bottom line is there are no magic tools that can detect certain spywares.  Running these tools and coming up clean will only give you a dangerously, false sense of security.   You simply have to know what your doing(most people in this thread giving advice do not) & able to check the system manually. 

@OP, it would literally take years for you to learn the necessary IT skills from where you are now.  You could pay your IT guy to lockdown your laptop, make sure all history is auto deleted after every session and make it virtually impossible for your OH to install any Spyware, but it might be simpler to just have a punting device much like you would have a second phone.

Hang on, mate, you haven't suggested anything that hasn't already been suggested and yet your passing judgement on people who have at least tried to help the OP.

The condescending '@OP, it would literally take years for you to learn the necessary IT skills from where you are now' is just that, condescending, unhelpful and worse, condemning. It wouldn't take years, it would just take 'aptitude'.

Please, if we don't know what we're doing, then by all means, enlighten us. Please.

You're not another one, are you?

Nobby nobbs

If you've managed to survive several years on your ipad, keep to your ipad. You're just courting disaster going back to the PC and for what benefit? Bigger pictures? Makes no sense at all in my head unless subconciously you actually want to get caught. You might wanna think about that.

If you install a password block anywhere, you're dead. If you forget to wipe something one time, you're dead. If she sees anything that even vaguely hints that something is different/weird/odd/hidden/suspicious... You're dead.   

Stick to the iPad and be grateful you still have that and your genitals intact.

bensonhedges20

Offline skirtLift

Hang on, mate, you haven't suggested anything that hasn't already been suggested and yet your passing judgement on people who have at least tried to help the OP.
In a  situation like this, however well intentioned, giving the wrong advice is worse than giving no advice at all.

The condescending '@OP, it would literally take years for you to learn the necessary IT skills from where you are now' is just that, condescending, unhelpful and worse, condemning.
Yes, it would take years for Drillakilla, he can't even install a program on his own laptop atm ....I'm just pointing out the facts.

From the horses mouth:

I have a little knowledge on computers....

I tried installing a couple of media programs and iTunes on to the c drive to be told I didn't have permission,

IT security is technical, you must possess technical intelligence which is used investing time to build up experience & understanding of multi layered computer systems...it takes time, but we're talking about anti-IT-surveillance which is another level again, really you need a deep knowledge of IT to go there, that's why so many people superstitiously download useless apps like malwarebytes to do it for them or why they install security which they'll never work out how to configure properly, it worked for them last year with that porn virus so it must also work in this situation, it's a keylogger so it will get detected ...errr No!

It wouldn't take years, it would just take 'aptitude'.

That's quite the retarded comment ...aptitude is only acquired through practical application over time & yes it takes years, not only that but it requires you to keep your hand in and keep updating what you think you know.

Funny how after twenty years of trying you have zero success in hacking win admin which in terms of difficulty I would rank as entry level beginner, a gimme if you like  ....where is your aptitude in this matter?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:03:17 pm by skirtLift »

jcdmj12

If your missus has an account with administrator level access on the computer(sounds like she does), there is absolutely nothing you can do, reliably. You must always assume the PC is compromised.

Your best bet is to get a USB stick and install one of the many portable linux distros on there: External Link/Members Only is one.  If you don't know how to do it, go and find a decent independent computer shop (not PC World) and pay someone there to set you one up, it's not very difficult for someone with basic technical skills

You then boot off the USB stick for your nefarious activities, which bypasses anything she might have installed, because the main OS (windows) doesn't get loaded.  The only exception to this is if she has installed a hardware keylogger which sites between the keyboard and computer (you can buy them from spy shops), but a visual inspection should give that away. Keep the USB stick hidden as you would a punting phone.

It sounds like your missus is more technically savvy than you; if that's the case, you will certainly get fucked over if you keep using an operation system she has access to. I'd even be careful about the ipad, if you ever let it out of your sight.

Skirtlift is right about MalwareBytes. It's a good program, but all AV/AM packages are only as good as their malware signature databases.  If she finds one which isn't in the db (entirely possible), it won't spot it. That makes the software worse than useless, because you'll think you're safe when you're not.

In addition, afaik Malwarebytes doesn't detect "legitimate commercial keyloggers"  like eblaster/spectorsoft (popular spy package). See this forum answer from them:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:08:57 pm by jcdmj12 »

Offline ForrestGump

Symantec endpoint

Interesting. However based on this article it doesn't really sound like a good choice for home users...