Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Anyone been to GUM clinic at CRI or Royal Glam?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline snaitram99

First post here after lurking for a while (defector from another site - go easy on me). Thought I ought to get tested as sometimes have OWO, although no symptoms of anything. Royal Glam walk in sounded easier than CRI text slot arrangement so went to RG.

Good points - easy parking, easy to find without having to ask, as long as you use the main entrance (South Wing, 115), modern facilities, tests done efficiently - blood, urine, mouth swab, penile swab (slightly uncomfortable but quick). Out after about an hour, which was far less than I expected.

Not so good - despite the assurances of confidentiality and anonymity, I felt under pressure to give more identifying details (and GP) than I wanted to. In the end I gave real first name, date of birth and first part of post code, as well as mobile contact no. The more details they insist on, the more likely they are to get false ones. They let you know within 3 weeks, but only if positive- think I would prefer the reassurance of contact if negative also.

Anyone been to CRI and can say if any different, especially re anonymity? Also anyone else been to RG if so was experience similar?

Offline Corus Boy

I gave up on the CRI, the text system is always full or "Too late."

Last two times I've returned to the Royal Gwent.

Royal Gwent when I last went was either by appointment or drop in on certain days, minimum data collected, you are given a "Patient Number" a set time later you phone the results number, give them your number and they read out your list of all-clears.  I would also need to here the words "No Problems" as the NHS might be in free fall and I would still be waiting for a call weeks after.

Once I was asked to come back in to discuss the results!  Cracked the toilet bowl with the bricks but it turned out to be an embarrassing minor issue.  The head nurse had noted me sitting in conversation with my new girlfriend, who she happened to know, new ex-girlfriend had failed a couple of test, cross referenced the appointment book, traced my Patient Number and flagged my results.  As we were still using condoms until proven clear I had no problems.  I wasn't sure whether I was annoyed at the nurse or whether it was a breach of confidence but as she only knew my nuber and it was acting in my better interests I decided that it was a good result.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:55:57 pm by Corus Boy »

Offline foreverhung

I found out I've got VD last week

I couldn't believe it, I said to the Dr I must have caught it off a Toilet Seat, he said, 'well you must have chewed it, it's in your gums...'
Banned reason: Self confessed wanker.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Corus Boy

First post here after lurking for a while (defector from another site - go easy on me). Thought I ought to get tested as sometimes have OWO, although no symptoms of anything. Royal Glam walk in sounded easier than CRI text slot arrangement so went to RG.

Good points - easy parking, easy to find without having to ask, as long as you use the main entrance (South Wing, 115), modern facilities, tests done efficiently - blood, urine, mouth swab, penile swab (slightly uncomfortable but quick). Out after about an hour, which was far less than I expected.

Not so good - despite the assurances of confidentiality and anonymity, I felt under pressure to give more identifying details (and GP) than I wanted to. In the end I gave real first name, date of birth and first part of post code, as well as mobile contact no. The more details they insist on, the more likely they are to get false ones. They let you know within 3 weeks, but only if positive- think I would prefer the reassurance of contact if negative also.

Anyone been to CRI and can say if any different, especially re anonymity? Also anyone else been to RG if so was experience similar?

PS:  Welcome over here snaitram99.

Offline snaitram99

Thanks CB. Appreciate your St. P updates (although not been there lately).

Sounds worth trying Royal Gwent next time. Is it in the main hospital or a separate building?

Offline Corus Boy

Thanks CB. Appreciate your St. P updates (although not been there lately).

Sounds worth trying Royal Gwent next time. Is it in the main hospital or a separate building?

It used to be in a seperate building near the top of Clytha Square but when I looked before posting on here it seems that it might have moved to a building behind the main part of the hospital, up past the A & E.  I need to visit soon, so I will update.

Need because of passage of time, no other symptoms  :cool:

Offline jawill

Royal Glamorgan is always better than CRI - though 3 weeks to get results, that crazy.  Used to be just two at the maximum.  Did you know that it takes just 4 hours to run a HIV test, so the clinic has your results usually within 48 hours from the lab, while your urine results are done usually within 3-4 days.  Swobs take the longest at 10 days. 

But yeah , go to Royal Glamorgan!

Offline snaitram99

It's now 3 weeks and heard nothing so all must be OK! (Well I have to assume that.) :rolleyes:

Offline snaitram99

It used to be in a seperate building near the top of Clytha Square but when I looked before posting on here it seems that it might have moved to a building behind the main part of the hospital, up past the A & E.  I need to visit soon, so I will update.

Need because of passage of time, no other symptoms  :cool:

Just thought I'd bump this thread to update on recent visit to Royal Gwent. Yes top of Clytha Square in separate building by pedestrian entrance to hospital. Parking not easy - recommend park by Cathedral and walk down Vicarage Hill. Steep but not far.

Once I'd negotiated the Reception and given the minimum info of name, DoB and partial postcode (she tried for more but I declined and there was no more pressure, unlike Royal Glam) things seemed straightforward, much more matter of fact. Fairly busy and more seen it all before approach. (I wonder now if Royal Glam mostly gets civvies who regret going too far, with not many punters/prossies) Saw nurse practitioner and student nurse sat in (was asked if this was OK). Only took urine and blood samples, poss cos low risk as OWO mainly with a few regulars.

Results by text within 2 weeks, and I now have a patient number if I go back in future. I have of course "lost" the card they gave me but the number is in my punting phone so I can give it next time. Prob would go there again now I'm in their system.