Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sunset Strip  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Matium

(I don't know where a review of a strip club should go so if it's in the wrong place, please let it be moved).

Sunset Strip, in contrast to the behemoths of the lapdance/striptease industry in London, like Spearmint Rhino, For Your Eyes Only or Stringfellows, still retains its soul by that I mean it still has character and the girls are not obsessed with dragging you down into a booth for a lapdance.

The girls are approachable, talkative and friendly. They'll gladly talk to you and have a laugh and if you do go for a lapdance, you'll enjoy it more as you've made some sort of connection.

£15 entry charge, once you pay, you can stay for as long as you like.

Girls will striptease naked on the main stage, private lapdances are in a small, enclosed area to the right and at the back of the auditorium.

Drinks are reasonable. A vodka and coke is only £5.00. Prices are not exorbitant as they are in other lapdance clubs.

Lapdances are £20.00 a go.

Location 30 Dean Street
Girls Can be upto 30 girls on the evening shift at the weekend - a good variety of girls, most are East Europeans but there are also girls from America, South America and Western Europe. Very few English girls though.
Advantages Girls are eager to touch you and will let you touch them. Very friendly girls. The East European girls have a good level of English.
Disadvantages Small. No VIP area. Private lapdances are in a small area that only has space for 4 girls and guys. Queues of people waiting to get in to the private lapdance booths are a frequent sight.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:23:54 am by Matium »

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
Good review.

Are both men AND women customers allowed entry to the club? Or just men?

Offline Matium

Good review.

Are both men AND women customers allowed entry to the club? Or just men?

Both men and women can come.

Women are a rarity though and normally only come with their boyfriends.

The nights before Christmas and the New Year are the busiest times of the year for strip clubs in London.

I saw two couples there. One girl seemed to be enjoying the striptease show with her boyfriend.

The other girl looked painfully embarrassed and you could tell from the look on her face that she had been cajoled into coming by her boyfriend.

Neither girl would allow their boyfriends to go and have a private lapdance though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:33:45 am by Matium »

Offline CatBBW

• Service Provider
Both men and women can come.

Women are a rarity though and normally only come with their boyfriends.

The nights before Christmas and the New Year are the busiest times of the year for strip clubs in London.

I saw two couples there. One girl seemed to be enjoying the striptease show with her boyfriend.

The other girl looked painfully embarrassed and you could tell from the look on her face that she had been cajoled into coming by her boyfriend.

Neither girl would allow their boyfriends to go and have a private lapdance though.

Thanks for that :)  :thumbsup:

Offline slipperyslope

In the interst of balance may I offer a different viewpoint.

I first went to Sunset Strip about six years ago. This was before they had private dances. I really liked the club. Just enough sleaze, reasonable drinks prices, friendly, a constant stream of girls doing fully nude dances on the stage, comfortable seating etc. Very good. Plus, your £15 entrance fee entitled you to return any time during the same day, so I would go at lunchtime to see their 'day shift' girls, then after work for their 'late shift' dancers. The latter were always better.

At this time, the girls would expect tips during the stage dances, but as long as at least one guy offered a note, there was little in the way of pressure.

A dozen or so visits like that, and then one day they introduced private dances at £10. Great value! I remember staying in their tiny private booth with one girl for ten dances. It was wonderful. At this time, no pressure. In fact, it could sometimes be a challenge to ask a girl for a dance.

Gradually the atmosphere changed. One time I went into the club and had taken barely two steps from the entrance till, before a girl grabbed me "what's your name, darling?" etc. You might find yourself wanting to watch the stage show quietly, but instead get a queue of girls sitting next to you, pressuring for a private dance.

I'm sorry to report that it's been like this every time I've been for the last couple of years. And the private dances are now £20.

Last time I went was in August and I made the mistake of going when it was quiet. I was in there for about fifteen minutes and left £85 lighter. It was nothing but pressure from, frankly, not very nice looking girls. Indeed, as I tried to leave one actually blocked my way out. It was horrid. She was horrid! Very unpleasant, uncomfortable experience.

If you really, really want to go, then I'd recommend going when it's busy, and locating yourself strategically so it's difficult for the vultures to keep getting to you and there are plenty of other victims for them to attack first.

It's a massive shame because I loved this club and I used to go every week.

One final note. I like going to strip clubs with my female friends. We generally go to The Horns in Shoreditch which is genuinely welcoming of female customers. I would never take a girl to Sunset Strip as it is at the moment.

Online flybynightpm

Went to Parkers just off Kingsway/Holborn last month as part of a works do....didn't taste the £150 VIP 1hr experience thank god... but the basement area was fun..plenty of touching in the last hr...different sort of fun to punting obviously but work mate friendly...fairly intense "selling" ... Used to see quite a few females (non-strippers) in LA confidential over in Ealing...

Offline pong

I visited this club about 20 times since 2008, I can confirm slipperyslope's review as 100% correct and could have not summarised it better myself.

rayman2

I used to be a regular at Sunset Strip. It had a good vibe. Later, I switched to Platinum Lace. Both clubs are good, IMHO. Although I haven't been for a long time now. I'd appreciate if you gentlemen would recommend other clubs other than the big names.

LL

I used to be a regular at Sunset Strip. It had a good vibe. Later, I switched to Platinum Lace. Both clubs are good, IMHO. Although I haven't been for a long time now. I'd appreciate if you gentlemen would recommend other clubs other than the big names.
Rainbow sports bar, Shoreditch. Mentioned here in the past so do a search. I like the fact there are so many girls there even when there are few customers. They're also very keen for business. I expect this is exactly the sort of place that SlipperySlope would hate. Personally I got a kick out of lots of hot girls fighting over me and each one doing more and more to try to convince me to pay for a dance as they approached me at the bar. I finally caved in when one sat up on a bar stool next to me, spread her legs and pulled her knickers to one side to show me her pussy and put her finger in my mouth for me to suck on.

Offline Rstone

Rainbow sports bar, Shoreditch.

I always wondered how it is in this bar....

Is touching accepted there ? Or very strict policy ?

Cheers

fredpunter

Shoreditch used to have a large number of strip venues but has decreased over the years. Browns  and the whitehorse still have strippers, they are either side of the sportsman (i.e. if you are walking from Liverpool street station you come to the whitehorse, then sportsbar, then browns). The old axe further up from browns also used to have them but not sure if it still does.

I havent been to one for years as I prefer the more private places now. I was talking to a lass in one of these recently and I'm sure she said she also worked at sunset strip. Not sure if she uses the same name there but she's slender, English and has one or two facial piercings. Those who have asked me how to find the private places may get some joy from visiting sunset and getting chatting to her, she may invite you along.

Offline Excalibur

I had a Horns, Rainbow, White Horse then Browns splurge yesterday. Horns and Browns have the same girls and swop shifts/venues. Have some stunners. Rainbow never again and the quality of the 'talent' is poor. Some fag breath bird latched onto me, horrible. Then an equally dodgy one propositioned me for a private dance, "you can touch my pussy". No thanks. Last time I was there in 2014 had a dance with one girl and her snatch smelled worse than Grimsby fish market.

Lolita (Lollipop) from Brown's/Horns can make her clit and pussy dance. Should be Brazil's Got Talent.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:29:22 am by Excalibur »

fredpunter

Despite having done the shoreditch shuffle a few times many years ago the rainbow sportsbar is the one place I never visited, partly because it had a reputation for being a shit hole and partly because the bouncers outside always looked like complete thugs. I didn't like to say anything before cos someone said they liked it and never having been I was in no position to disagree, but good to hear I didn't miss much.

LL

Despite having done the shoreditch shuffle a few times many years ago the rainbow sportsbar is the one place I never visited, partly because it had a reputation for being a shit hole and partly because the bouncers outside always looked like complete thugs.

They were friendly to me. One of them suggested I go inside and have a look around before paying. Then I should come back and pay him if I decided to stay. I did.

Offline Malvolio

I went there a couple of times (admittedly this was years ago before I started punting).  The bouncers aren't going to do anything to you as long as you behave yourself - and you can always ask the girls exactly what you can get away with.

Haven't been in a place like that for about two years though (that was on a stag do) - once I started punting the strip pubs lost their appeal.

Offline claretandblue

The axe is the place to visit in this part of town,I have regularly been 4 fingers deep  :wacko:

fredpunter

They were friendly to me. One of them suggested I go inside and have a look around before paying. Then I should come back and pay him if I decided to stay. I did.

I should visit one day to find out for myself. 

TheCape

Where is the axe claret & blue? I'm not in london but will be visiting soon.

Anders606

East London: 69 Hackney Road, E2 8ET

I've never been to either Sunset or the Axe. I'm not really a strip club bloke. Have been to the Nags Head near Brick Lane and hated it!!!

Cheers.

fredpunter

should this be in off topic?

anyway, for those that care, the following (after the ****) is copied from a yahoo group dedicated to the london strip pub scene and mentions most currently active pubs. I didn't write it, and hardly ever visit the group any more because although it was very vibrant some years ago this group now appears to be virtually dead. Google should provide the address of any that catch your fancy. My recollections of the Axe, although several years out of date, were that is used to have the ropiest flea bitten (literally in at least one case - though it may have been scabies I suppose) lasses on (although the odd gem) but also provided the raunchiest dances of the licensed venues, but the old bill got wind and it was forced to introduce cctv to monitor how naughty the girls were being. No idea what happens there currently.

gnok2002
Dec 22, 2014
I was in London last month on my now annual trip to the UK where I managed to visit the following pubs...
The Flying Scotsman, I never much cared for this pub, there were 6 or 7 girls performing, 2 or 3 were ok, the others were not really worth the £1, my least favorite venue.
Nags Head, someone has taken the Stones song 'Paint it Black' too literally, they do have some good looking girls though.
The Griffin, I like the way they have remodeled this venue, I was there on a Sat night and it was the busiest venue I attended, Derek was in good form.
Ye Olde Axe think it was £3 to get in, I was there on a Mon early evening the girls 12 or so outnumbered the customers, most of them were doing their best to tout for a private dance, I think the place is worth a visit.
Browns, as per The Griffin I like the way it has been redone, this pub is though probably the least changed of all London venues, some good looking girls (there did not appear to be too many plastic tits on display) doing fairly routine stage dances.
Horns was there Mon night it was very quite, about 6 customers.
White Horse - this is still a popular venue, I managed to get myself one of the perve' seats by the stage, possibly the best of the central pubs.
Royal Standard - it's £2 to gain access to the strip bar, I was there about 6pm there were 4 girls one for each customer, I have always had a liking for good looking girls in a rather grotty pub, and this venue is the best example.
Finally as my favorite workaround venue The Victoria has fallen on it's hypodermic I ventured out of town to try and get my 'fix' so I visited J9 (previously Wagon & Horses) £5! to get in there were 4 girls, I think all of them said it was the only place they worked, again this has been 'tarted up' since my previous visit some years back, the girls were good and it was a proper workaround venue, but there were only 5 customers, a good pub but not in any sense convenient.
I did not make it to Metropolis, possibly in 2015?
The scene is nothing like it's heyday in the early 90's, but there are still some good looking females on show for a pound in the jug, what's not to like.

Tim

vt

I did Browns a couple of years back, good place to spend an hour or so with a normal priced pint, see all the girls do their one-song, fully nude (and spread) strip for £1 in the beer glass every 10 mins. So it'll cost you £10 per hour to be there...£6 in the glass, plus a £4-ish pint.

They all come up to persuade you for a private dance, but they're not too pushy and you can have a friendly chat and get a nice, close look at some very pretty girls, just tell them later maybe. Once you've decided which one floats your boat, you can get a private dance for £15 (£20 later on). I chose the cutest, tightest little Brazilian girl. She'll writhe & spread on the little podium in front of you, but because it's no touching, you will need a punt afterwards to slake the thirst you built up.

By no means a substitute for punting, but the girls are on average facially more attractive than the average prossie, also some impressive flexible gymnastic bodies writhing around the pole and some tight little pussies winking at you. If you end up spending £25-30, it's an interesting, erotic, titillating diversion.

There are tales of some of the girls working at this type of licensed venue (though I got no hint of this at Browns) also working 'private' parties where more is on offer, but you would probably need to invest some cash, gain some trust and ask discreetly to get an invite.

vt

Correction to above...private dances are £10 before 5pm, £15 after...

External Link/Members Only

Cunny71

What is the Axe like in midweek?
I'm down in London on a Tuesday in June.

I was on a stag do last weekend and went to the axe. Have to say it was a great laugh with some amazing looking girls and the most physical full on dance I've had at a lap dancing bar.