Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Criminal?  (Read 1568 times)

True Casanova

Following this thread https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=42370.0 it made me wondering what can legally happen to us?

Lets say we go for a punt to a flat where 3 girls are working in and police knock on the door. Can they charge you with something?

Gene Hunt

Nope

They'll usually ask for your name & address then tell you to FCK off

Offline smiths

Following this thread https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=42370.0 it made me wondering what can legally happen to us?

Lets say we go for a punt to a flat where 3 girls are working in and police knock on the door. Can they charge you with something?

The police can only charge you IF a WG or WGs were underage or were being coerced. The fact you didnt know about either doesnt mean you wont be charged for definite, but you can fight your case saying you werent aware, and if the WG was over 14 you have a possible defence of not knowing. Punting with a coerced woman is in theory a strict liability offence thanks to Harriet Harridan and her ilk. that puts you in the position of having to prove your innocence, not an easy thing to do.

Apart from that punting in a brothel isnt illegal for a punter to do at present, so the police might just ask for your name and address and tell you to leave. Primarily a raid will be to nick the pimp if there is one and possibly to close the brothel down and try to get POCA, the assets of the pimps seized.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Nope

Generally speaking that is correct however you can be prosecuted if it can be proved the girls were being forced to work against their will.

I have never read about a successful prosecution, yet another law that is very hard to enforce.

Dave2014

And if they ask for your name and address in these circumstances you can refuse to give either as you have not committed a criminal offence. Police ask for N&As from almost everyone they come into contact with and mostly, people just give them over. But unless you are required by law (and there are specific situations when you are required) then you do not have to give your N&A.

If in that situation you are asked to give your N&A ask: (1) Am I under arrest?, (2) Am I required by law to give my N&A?, (3) Under what law am I required to give my N&A . . .

You will mostly find that the police will say "I am asking you to give your N&A" which is TOTALLY different from being required by law.

Unless you are under arrest, you can just leave . . .

Offline J_H

But if the place is being run as a brothel (whici technically illegal) can they not insist a) that you testify as a witness; and b) because you are a witness, you are obliged to give them your name and address?

Dave2014

For your info, the circumstances under which you are required to give a police officer your N&A:

(1)  If an officer wishes to summons you for an arrest at a later stage, or issue you with a fixed penalty notice. If you refused, you can be arrested in order to ascertain this information (Section 25 PACE).

(2)  S50 anti-social behavior of police reform act 2002: If the police reasonably believe you to be involved in anti social behavior [defined as behavior likely to cause Harassment Alarm or Distress -the same as the offence under s5 Public Order Act 1986] then your details can be demanded. This can include harassment/ alarm/ distress to the police, but police have a higher threshold than the average person. This is not a search power but a suspicion that you have caused a crime. Failure to give your name is an arrestable offence in itself, although such a prosecution should be tied to a s5 offence, otherwise it would seem to invalidate the reasonable belief (if the constable had reasonable belief, why isn’t it being investigated.)

(3)  Finding an item during a search that may be used to commit criminal damage.

(4)  If you have been arrested you should only giving details in front of a custody sergeant at a police station to prevent officers arresting you for the sake of getting your personal details.

(5)  If you are a driver of vehicle on the road or involved in or witnessed an accident or road traffic offence whether in a car, on a bike or as a pedestrian, you must give your details.

Dave2014

But if the place is being run as a brothel (whici technically illegal) can they not insist a) that you testify as a witness; and b) because you are a witness, you are obliged to give them your name and address?

There is no law which requires you to give evidence or make a statement.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:59:38 pm by Dave2014 »

Offline smiths

I would give my real name and address if asked during a raid but say nothing more until i spoke to a Solicitor. I see no point in being difficult with the police as i would just want to leave as soon as possible.

The worst case scenario following a raid is the police rescue a proven underage or coerced girl and/or woman or women. In that circumstance the police could come round to your house. A punter would be VERY unlucky for this to occur.

I have punted in brothels for over 30 years and never been caught up in a raid.

Dave2014

There is no law which requires you to give evidence or make a statement.

Actually, forget I said that. There are circumstances in which you could be forced (I just looked it up). To be safe, follow the advice about giving N&A set out above.

Offline smiths

Actually, forget I said that. There are circumstances in which you could be forced (I just looked it up). To be safe, follow the advice about giving N&A set out above.

Yes i was just about to reply to your post.

Diehard

Am I missing something here? We all agree one of golden rules on a punt is take no form of Id and a throw away PAYG phone. Surely that extends to visiting brothels.

I always plan for the worse, I don't visit brothels for fear of a raid, but if there is a really top hot hooker at one who is reported on here to give a great service and is English I would take the risk.

I would memorise a false name and address, probably enter some random name in 192 and then whatever address comes up, memorise that in case police checked while I was there.

Unless I am mistaken, that would be the best policy as I don't see how the police would track us down once we had gone.

Oh, I would always give an address out of that police force area as well.

While the above post re when you are compelled to give name and address is really helpful, personally I wouldn't fancy having an argument with old bill in a brothel that had just been raided, I'd wanna get out sharpish!

Offline @Allure

• Banned
  • Service Provider
I remember when I was working in an apartment we had booked for a few days with another girl and police came, they just took details from the guys with no further action and chucked us out the apartment xx
Banned reason: has new account
Banned by: Head1