Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Can we encourage more reviews  (Read 2769 times)

Offline RedKettle

I am relatively new to UKP so apologies if this post seems presumptuous!

I notice that some contributors have done very few reviews and also that often in threads someone will say they have seen a particular girl several times but when you look they have not done a review. I do not intend to be critical - I have not reviewed a few girls for what I consider good reasons. 

I just wondered if anyone had any bright ideas for encouraging reviews - positive things rather than trying to beat anyone around the head?

Difficult I know.  Some sort of recognition or reward when you get to a certain number?  (Without it being like getting a gold star at school.)  Access to certain part of the site dependant on reviews?

Can we make writing the reviews easier?  Make it clear that if you just want to write a line or two that is fine?

As I say no offence intended, but I have recently found loads of girls not reviewed on here and it would be great if we could encourage more information to go up.

galcom666

A foreign website I use uses karma and rankings based on this karma.

New users are restricted to certain sections until they get their karma above a certain level.

0 Karma users can still read reviews but things like pictures and other intel don't show up or external links outside of the accepted database.

The only way to raise karma is to make reviews or to comment useful information on reviews. When you write a hot review positive or negative you receive karma from others as a thank you.  Once you get out of the first rank (1 review +50 or so Karma) your reading access increases by 10 so you can see the some of the external links and the RA10 pictures.

All posts outside the review section get 0 karma.

The RA60-100s post stuff like erm the 'love tunnels' of the providers etc

Lots of new folks try to game the karma system with useless one liners or one word things like Nice one LOL!

Offline Sedlmayer

I notice that some contributors have done very few reviews and also that often in threads someone will say they have seen a particular girl several times but when you look they have not done a review. I do not intend to be critical - I have not reviewed a few girls for what I consider good reasons. 

I just wondered if anyone had any bright ideas for encouraging reviews - positive things rather than trying to beat anyone around the head?

Difficult I know.  Some sort of recognition or reward when you get to a certain number?  (Without it being like getting a gold star at school.)  Access to certain part of the site dependant on reviews?

Can we make writing the reviews easier?  Make it clear that if you just want to write a line or two that is fine?

As I say no offence intended, but I have recently found loads of girls not reviewed on here and it would be great if we could encourage more information to go up.

Going down the route Infocunter wanted to go - high review count means you're in an elite, thus a heirarchy develops.
Not for me thanks.

Offline Sedlmayer

A foreign website I use uses karma and rankings based on this karma.

New users are restricted to certain sections until they get their karma above a certain level.

0 Karma users can still read reviews but things like pictures and other intel don't show up or external links outside of the accepted database.

The only way to raise karma is to make reviews or to comment useful information on reviews. When you write a hot review positive or negative you receive karma from others as a thank you.  Once you get out of the first rank (1 review +50 or so Karma) your reading access increases by 10 so you can see the some of the external links and the RA10 pictures.

All posts outside the review section get 0 karma.

The RA60-100s post stuff like erm the 'love tunnels' of the providers etc

Lots of new folks try to game the karma system with useless one liners or one word things like Nice one LOL!

Admin's site, so only his view is really worth anything, however the day the system you describe is introduced here would be my last, personally.....

Offline smiths

Writing a review on here couldnt be easier, the format and length is decided by the punter. Writing a short review is perfectly acceptable as admin has posted, reviews being interactive really is an excellent feature in my opinion.

Its up to admin what he decides on but i wouldnt want to see any extra boards or suchlike offered to punters who did reviews. I view a punter on their overall posts not just reviews, and its entirely up to a punter if he wishes to do reviews or not in my view.

What i do still find puzzling is when a punter IS prepared to post about his good or bad experiences about a specific WG on anothers punters review thread but doesnt then do his own review on the WG. IMO doing your own review however short or long is one step beyond just adding to another punters review, so why not do their own review as well. Obviously though its up to the punter.

I dont agree with the view i read sometimes that a WG has got enough reviews so doing more is pointless. A review if genuine is never pointless, it shows the WGs consistentcy with a number of punters over a period of time even if that time is a short timespan.

Offline Jeremy

Many of the girls I see happen to have already had recent reviews around the time that I saw them, so rather than clog up the review section with more topics about the same girl I just make a post on the existing topic to back up the credibility of the review. I notice other members do the same.

Offline Jeremy

What i do still find puzzling is when a punter IS prepared to post about his good or bad experiences about a specific WG on anothers punters review thread but doesnt then do his own review on the WG. IMO doing your own review however short or long is one step beyond just adding to another punters review, so why not do their own review as well. Obviously though its up to the punter.

I dont agree with the view i read sometimes that a WG has got enough reviews so doing more is pointless. A review if genuine is never pointless, it shows the WGs consistentcy with a number of punters over a period of time even if that time is a short timespan.
Made my above post while you posted this. To be honest I never looked at it in this way. If others share your mindset, then maybe I will start reviewing girls who have been recently reviewed.

Offline smiths

Made my above post while you posted this. To be honest I never looked at it this way. If others share your mindset maybe I will start reviewing girls who have been recently reviewed.

Forget what i think, admin has posted that he would like punters to do their own reviews rather than just add to another punters.

Offline Rickrabbit

Admin's site, so only his view is really worth anything, however the day the system you describe is introduced here would be my last, personally.....

+1

I haven't had a punt for as many months as you can just about count on two hands. I have taken part in running debates here on UKP and added comments where I can, but have had no reason to write a full review. I enjoy the banter and the camaraderie, but just like writers sometimes suffer from writer's block my whole punting world in East London, spinning as it does on a sub £90 ph budget, sees me suffering from RS (Romanian seizure)... I also suffer from PS (Polish seizure) but found the roaming more carefree when Hungarian lasses populated the plains in genuine number (..oh for those dependable punting days once again!)

I find that with the passing of time I have no problem ignoring the taking of risky punts, particularly where others have tried and reported poor service or discrepancies in trades description, although every punt is in the end a risk I know. My early personal experience of Romanian and Polish offerings (being around the time of the launch of UK Punting, - so profiles long gone, although I did pass comment at the time) still seem to be reflected in modern day reviews. It has got to the stage now where I could easily give up punting and not miss it. If UK Punting were to go all hirachical (the way that other sites seemed to have developed with popularity,historically resulting in a lack of honest commentary) that could just be the push I need to take up needlepoint instead of punting again.  :hi:

Offline CBPaul

Naturally more reviews would be good as it increases the chances of finding feedback on the prossies I'm considering but at the end of the day it is up to punters to leave reviews if they wish.

You mention that you haven't reviewed some prossies for 'good reasons' OP, that probably goes for great many punters.

The review system here is pretty straightforward, it doesn't have to be an essay, just covering the basics is sufficient. Personally I think going down the route of rewarding reviews by number is a bad idea though.

Alternative to searching for a review is to ask about a prossie on a local board, you quite often get some sort of feedback and opinions which are usually useful. But then again that would require contributing and not lurking in the shadows free wheeling off reviews. 

Offline monstar

It is a difficult one to solve as there are little to no personal benefits posting a review but plenty of negatives (tangible or perceived). I don't believe a benefits system will tip the scales for many non-reviewers but can create additional problems, for example increasing fictional reviews and the suspicion of new reviews, which should remain solely focused on false tout reviews.

Encouragement for members to post reviews already happens and is probably the best answer out of the limited few we have.

Don't forget some members may not post reviews for a variety of reasons but will still contribute by answering question posts or adding valuable info to others review threads.

galcom666

I'd note that the other place. Is more like Viva street as an advertising medium and only charges the WG money. While AW tries to play both sides. Which is probably why it mostly works. The forum is also attached to the database so they try encourage more reviews and as have the WG continue to pay the advertising fees.

There are no PGs. no movies, webcamming, SMS chat etc. Just a photo, various stats, map and a phone number.

The worst that happens is a B&S and the rental charges paid from one side only make PG scams well non existent as there are no PGs.

Offline santiago2

Ive just realised that i have made 39 posts but only 1 review, i feel guilty but then again, most of my posts have been supporting other members reviews, so why review a girl if someone else has already done it, because too much said on our great site can be dangerous, a place in my area was raided by Police and Immigration last week, 3 people arrested, they been there 10 years, always a good service, not rip off merchants, every body happy, until someone say too much in a review, be careful, you never know who's reading it.  :cool:

Offline BillyBackDoor

I've not been here long (only one review) but I am definitely guilty of this.  I would review all the girls I've seen that are still working, but if it's been some time since I've seen them, would that be fair?  An example is Submissive Eva.  I saw her a couple of months ago, but apparently her service has gone downhill since.  If I posted a positive review now it could be a poor reflection of her current service.

For this reason, I think there should be a cut off for the amount of elapsed time between punt and review.  Probably a fortnight tops.

Offline monstar

I've not been here long (only one review) but I am definitely guilty of this.  I would review all the girls I've seen that are still working, but if it's been some time since I've seen them, would that be fair?  An example is Submissive Eva.  I saw her a couple of months ago, but apparently her service has gone downhill since.  If I posted a positive review now it could be a poor reflection of her current service.

For this reason, I think there should be a cut off for the amount of elapsed time between punt and review.  Probably a fortnight tops.

Sorry Billy but I disagree, more genuine reviews on this site can never be a bad thing.

Us punters all have different opinions on what makes a good punt, WGs can have bad days and so on, therefore more information helps us make a more informed decision.

Definitely include how far back your punt was, as you say service can change but hopefully we are all wise enough to read the other reviews kindly linked each time an AW profile is posted.  :thumbsup:

milfwklover

Yeah that's what's stopped me posting more reviews - seen quite a few wgs in the East London section but a lot a fair time ago. Didn't want to clog up the site with unwanted & dated reviews.

Offline sublimetoridiculous

Just a thought: as well as the London and regional sections for reviews, should there be a "Girls who tour" section.

There do seem to be a fair few who move about all over the UK. You might wnat to see them in the South East but they have many reviews in the North East, for instance.

Offline snowbum

I very much value the reviews that members provide and understand that WG's can have bad days and punters have different expectations and preferences.

Its good that some members provide lots of  details and I am impressed by the time and effort that they put in.

Brevity can be seen by some as a negative, but IMO everyone should feel comfortable in providing as much detail as they wish, as it all helps to build a valuable resource.

Neal69

Difficult one this.

I am not a prolific punter and not a prolific review writer either.

I have tried to be better at writing reviews but have felt in the past that it was best just to endorse or contradict an existing review.

Also I value my online anonymity so do leave it at least a week before I write a review. Also this leaves time for any empty sac fluffiness to dissipate.

As far as expectations, Its a positive if I think I would return and a negative if I would not. Yet to be in the dilemma of a neutral. Also I do have a little perversion of the sheer dirtiness of punting so even when I have written a negative ( one only) I have thought fuck it. Had sex. Better than no sex.

Another point how to review some of my early punts when I was too damn nervous to get a hard on. Was that their fault or mine? Hard to give a negative review of someone who tried their best but got no co operation from Mr floppy, or even one who then sucked my flaccid member until I came.

So what I have done is drawn a line in the sand, I am not going to review girls who I saw more than a certain length of time ago albeit I have only been at this less than 3 years and a load of them still have current profiles. I will however reply on the regional board about these girls if someone asks a question. Also if I know that a WG is about to move to a different area and someone has asked about a specific type I will PM them. Or like in one case I was asked by PM about a certain girl who I had asked about myself on the regional board and although I had a great punt I found out that she was "far too close to home for comfort" I gave my honest recommendation by PM.

Not keen on the idea of gaining credits for the amount of reviews that you have posted as it IMHO devalues the review section if you are forced to review. BUT on the other hand it does piss me off that there are certain prolific posters on here ( who IMHO seem to be fireproof) who do not have a single review to their name. Yes I admit it can be fun baiting the trolls but then again IMHO I thought this board was for the punter and put the punter first.

For the record I do not mind WG's being members as long as they play by the rules. Its interesting sometimes to get an alternative viewpoint.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:06:25 am by Neal69 »

west8

More reviews can never be bad, but there is downside without a doubt: well-reviewed girls become very popular and therefore increasingly harder to book.

Having discussed this 'problem' with a few of the girls I have personally reviewed, there is no doubt of the benefit that the oxygen of free publicity brings.

3 or 4 girls who shall remain nameless are currently taking bookings anything from 7-10 days in advance .. they are THAT busy.  :(

That said, there is a certain upside. When a girl knows you, trusts you and is aware of a review you have written, I personally feel they make their gratitude clear thereafter ...  :drinks:

Flunt

The problem I find in writing a positive review is the personal nature of the opinion. The first part is communications, usually if they are shit then the punt never happened, so comms for me are always good. Then the problems start: is she the type of woman you see across a room and think wow? For those that lack the wow factor how do you reconcile that with a positive? I use the term pleasant looking. I am a size-ist, I'm not interested in someone greater than size 14 but others think size 12 is too big and 14 is lacking in curves. If I describe someone as slim, with well proportioned curves the next punter will say she was too big or too small.

Services: the only consistency I've found with pro$$ies is their inconsistency, even with the same punter. One day they feel like it the next they don't. Then they have their preferences with different punters and everything is at their discretion? I can sit here and type away saying she did A,B,C and the next punter has a bigger cock, is one of the great unwashed, whatever the reason being he doesn't enjoy the same things that were available to me (as an old fat bloke it's usually me that's shit out of luck!).

It's an expensive hobby and I hate the idea that I've encouraged someone to travel somewhere on the promise of a great session with a good looking woman. On arrival he finds that he doesn't find her attractive or she didn't do what I said she did.

Offline CupidStunt

That said, there is a certain upside. When a girl knows you, trusts you and is aware of a review you have written, I personally feel they make their gratitude clear thereafter ...  :drinks:

Ahahah hahaha haha ha. I used to think you were a griefer twat but it appears you may just be an idiot. Sorry, ignore my jealousy - yes, they clearly value you above other punters for your kind words.

Offline CupidStunt

+1

Offline NIK

I can't do any more reviews as I am not punting. And if I do punt again, hopefully it will be with ones I've seen before, at least to begin with.

Offline Sedlmayer

Ahahah hahaha haha ha. I used to think you were a griefer twat but it appears you may just be an idiot. Sorry, ignore my jealousy - yes, they clearly value you above other punters for your kind words.

Is masturb8 still eligible for WOTW, or has he been elevated to Uberwanker status now?  :sarcastic:

Offline smiths

The problem I find in writing a positive review is the personal nature of the opinion. The first part is communications, usually if they are shit then the punt never happened, so comms for me are always good. Then the problems start: is she the type of woman you see across a room and think wow? For those that lack the wow factor how do you reconcile that with a positive? I use the term pleasant looking. I am a size-ist, I'm not interested in someone greater than size 14 but others think size 12 is too big and 14 is lacking in curves. If I describe someone as slim, with well proportioned curves the next punter will say she was too big or too small.

Services: the only consistency I've found with pro$$ies is their inconsistency, even with the same punter. One day they feel like it the next they don't. Then they have their preferences with different punters and everything is at their discretion? I can sit here and type away saying she did A,B,C and the next punter has a bigger cock, is one of the great unwashed, whatever the reason being he doesn't enjoy the same things that were available to me (as an old fat bloke it's usually me that's shit out of luck!).

It's an expensive hobby and I hate the idea that I've encouraged someone to travel somewhere on the promise of a great session with a good looking woman. On arrival he finds that he doesn't find her attractive or she didn't do what I said she did.

All a punter can give is his personal opinion of the WG and how the punt with her went. A review isnt a guarantee the WG will be exactly the same with other punters, those that think it is are going to be disappointed sooner or later. In reality its caveat emptor and a punter who has done a genuine review isnt responsible for the service the WG gives others, thats 100% her responsibility.

A review does though help build a picture along with other reviews on the same WG for other punters to read and decide if the WG is one for them to punt with or not.

Quesadilla

All a punter can give is his personal opinion of the WG and how the punt with her went. A review isnt a guarantee the WG will be exactly the same with other punters, those that think it is are going to be disappointed sooner or later. In reality its caveat emptor and a punter who has done a genuine review isnt responsible for the service the WG gives others, thats 100% her responsibility.

A review does though help build a picture along with other reviews on the same WG for other punters to read and decide if the WG is one for them to punt with or not.
+1 - The more people post reviews the better it is for all of us - as Smiths says it builds a picture.

Since joining I've almost entirely chosen WG's based on consistent feedback here and had an almost perfect record. 

Occasionally I've taken a punt and had a good experience despite lack of feedback here but it's been 50/50 at best.

I do agree there's a risk. My worst experience  :vomit: was a decision made because one person here had made a brief comment that she was "up for anything" - she may well have been but she looked like the hind end of a horse.  Still, you live and learn, and I hold no grudges about someone posting their personal opinion - I still have to make the final call and have learned to be a bit more risk averse especially when it comes to face pics.

The subjective/personal taste issue shouldn't be a huge problem either - if the WG has pics in her gallery the reviewer(s) will confirm if the pics are accurate and you should know for yourself if she's to your taste - if they're photoshopped to hell you take a punt.

If her profile says size 12 and that's your limit - but there's some debate from punters if she is more a 14 - then you know you're taking a risk.  You can post a question on the thread interactively and hopefully get a clearer answer. That's the beauty of the site IMHO.

The more reviews there are the more you can see a pattern and that will help make a better decision.

C'mon guys, review, review, review, you know it makes sense! 

Offline restless_native

If there was just the option to leave honest feedback about a meeting that briefly summarised the important information which is something that is sadly lacking on adultwork I'd be more than happy to contribute. But, I'm simply not the kind of person who is comfortable writing long detailed reviews with the kind of graphic detail that seems to be expected on here. So up until now I've just restricted myself to commenting on other peoples posts if I feel I have something relevant to add.

Offline Sedlmayer

If there was just the option to leave honest feedback about a meeting that briefly summarised the important information which is something that is sadly lacking on adultwork I'd be more than happy to contribute. But, I'm simply not the kind of person who is comfortable writing long detailed reviews with the kind of graphic detail that seems to be expected on here. So up until now I've just restricted myself to commenting on other peoples posts if I feel I have something relevant to add.

There is
That expectation does not exist - you can write two sentences if you wish, as has been made clear on this very thread - have you actually read it all?

Quesadilla

There are no rules about how long your review has to be!  Some of us are just gobby shites who love waxing lyrical about our exploits.

If you think what is on AW is too much information, write exactly what you would like to know about in your reviews! No more, no less. If people want to know more they can ask, if you don't want to reply in detail in public reply in PM or request PM's in your review.

Offline hendrix

I'll always review if it's something different, a different duo combination or a group thing or an actual new girl I haven't met before. Or if a regular suddenly provides a poor service. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'd certainly review it if it did. Always best to get a wide range of opinions as others have said. On the point of long, graphic reviews, everybody has their own style, it add's to the variety on the board imo. If everybody wrote porno essays :D or just basic bullet points, it might still be useful, but nowhere near as much fun to read imo.

Offline restless_native

There is
That expectation does not exist - you can write two sentences if you wish, as has been made clear on this very thread - have you actually read it all?

I have read it all. But, there is simply no evidence to support that being the case if you read the actual reviews. I'm in the northwest and I can't find a single example of the type of simple feedback I describe in that section. So the perception of anyone reading the reviews would be that expectation does exist despite claims being made to the contrary in this thread.

Offline Happylad

I`m afraid that I`m one of the guilty ones; I`ve been here for nearly 3 months and 106 posts but no reviews.  Unfortunately, as I explained in another thread, I am temporarily unable to punt, so nothing to write reviews about.

Offline smiths

No idea where you got this from. As i already posted after reading what admin posted a while ago doing a short review is perfectly acceptable on here, admin even used a very short review as one he found just fine. Some punters do long reivews, some of us short reviews in the main, its completely up to the punter.

Offline smiths

I have read it all. But, there is simply no evidence to support that being the case if you read the actual reviews. I'm in the northwest and I can't find a single example of the type of simple feedback I describe in that section. So the perception of anyone reading the reviews would be that expectation does exist despite claims being made to the contrary in this thread.

No idea about the North West review board but on the London board there are loads of short reviews and always have been in my observations.

Write the review you wish to and dont worry about what others do, what you put in a review is your business. Just remember to put a link to the WGs profile if an Indie or to their Agency or Parlour.

Offline RedKettle

Know what you mean.  I reviewed a girl in London that I had a good time with and a week later I see a negative review on the same girl saying they saw her due to my review - I felt truly awful for that.  But after thinking about it (I tend to take these things too seriously) I looked back at my review and it was an honest view on how I felt about the punt and you can do no more than that.  Equally I have had a message on another review thanking me as due to a particular comment I made they had swerved past the girl.  So on balance hopefully done more good than harm!!

Offline smiths

Know what you mean.  I reviewed a girl in London that I had a good time with and a week later I see a negative review on the same girl saying they saw her due to my review - I felt truly awful for that.  But after thinking about it (I tend to take these things too seriously) I looked back at my review and it was an honest view on how I felt about the punt and you can do no more than that.  Equally I have had a message on another review thanking me as due to a particular comment I made they had swerved past the girl.  So on balance hopefully done more good than harm!!

In which case you were honest but the WG didnt offer the same good service to another punter, thats her fault, not yours. All you can do obviously is give an honest account of your punt with a WG.

On another punting forum i received a PM from a poster who was moaning that a WG i had posted i had had a good punt with offered him a bad service and in his warped thinking i owed him the cost of the punt. Off was the second word of my two word reply.

It sometimes happens a WG will offer different services to different punters for whatever reason, once again thats up to the WG not the punter. A WG can of course offer which services she likes. On ocassion i have had DFK off a WG but some others only got FK and vice versa.

Offline RedKettle

Thanks Smiths.

The punter in London did not have a go at me, in fact was quite reasonable in his comments, but I did feel bad - although logically I know not my fault.  It is also a very subjective area, in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Quesadilla

IMHO the disparity in service between reviews comes down as much to your attitude / expectation as a punter. 

I've seen punters on various forums who just assume because they're paying good money the WG should deliver the best quality service every time.  I'm sure most WG's would say that they try to give the same service no matter what - but they are only human and will have good days and bad days.

Also seems to me that some punters actually think very little of the WG's they want to fuck which I'm sure probably comes across in their attitude and doesn't seem conducive to getting the best performance out of them.

I treat a WG like a lady and so far have had about 17/20 really good quality memorable punts so it works for me anyway.

Offline smiths

Thanks Smiths.

The punter in London did not have a go at me, in fact was quite reasonable in his comments, but I did feel bad - although logically I know not my fault.  It is also a very subjective area, in the eye of the beholder and all that.

Indeed it is subjective except giving factual information like what she charged, what services you got from her, her attitude and if she looked like her free pics as examples. I personally no longer feel bad because of what you say, its not my fault. Obviously i want punters to have good punts but whether a punt is good or not for other punters isnt my responsibility. ;)

Offline Sedlmayer

Let me make this really simple for you, then - just post whatever you want in a review, just make it straightforward and truthful, and as much or as little as you want.
OK?

Offline Sedlmayer

No idea about the North West review board but on the London board there are loads of short reviews and always have been in my observations.

Write the review you wish to and dont worry about what others do, what you put in a review is your business. Just remember to put a link to the WGs profile if an Indie or to their Agency or Parlour.

Exactly - stop over-thinking it......

Offline londonmaxxy

As above , the more review type posts from different sources helps everyone. The north west board might not be the best example- There's been pressure to post long very detailed reviews & certain members being shall we say over - analysing/critiquing/approving every post which puts some people off doing reviews.That said it's up to the ukp members to keep the info flowing & the good thing about the site is that it's very open.

Flunt

If you go for a punt and there is no information about her then whatever you say in the review is more information than was available before. As others have said stating the obvious is a good start. Are the photos genuine? Is her enjoys list accurate? Does she charge extra for something? Did you enjoy her company? Would you return?

That I would suggest forms the basics of a review, if you're a stud and want to entertain with tales of your exploits then you would be doing better than me.  :drinks:

infoseeker

I'm in the northwest and I can't find a single example of the type of simple feedback I describe in that section. So the perception of anyone reading the reviews would be that expectation does exist despite claims being made to the contrary in this thread.

Hi restless_native,

In general standards of reviewing are higher in the North West compared to London your observation and replies on this thread bear that out.  You can though post short reviews in the North West.... your post here on my KimberlyC review was worthy of a review by itself.

As for Sedlmuppet...... still going on about me..... it must be  :kiss: