Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting phone number: dual sim phone or SIMagic adapter instead of punting phone  (Read 960 times)

Offline Curious

It's difficult for me to use a separate punting phone but I'd like a separate punting number so looking at other options:

The SIMagic adapter seems a good idea but the implementation is poor according to feedback. Has anyone used one successfully? If so in which phone(s)?

There are a number of dual SIM phones available that would seem like the best solution, but they are mostly designed for India or China and don't have 4G.

Other options?

Thoughts and ideas gratefully received...

Offline maxxblue

It's difficult for me to use a separate punting phone but I'd like a separate punting number so looking at other options:

The SIMagic adapter seems a good idea but the implementation is poor according to feedback. Has anyone used one successfully? If so in which phone(s)?

There are a number of dual SIM phones available that would seem like the best solution, but they are mostly designed for India or China and don't have 4G.

Other options?

Thoughts and ideas gratefully received...

I tried SIMagic adapter. It didn't work. Even if it did, what is the point when you can get dual-SIM phones for next to nothing?

Offline whiterhino

SImagic is horrendous. AVOID.  :scare:

I had a similar issue in the past in relation to business. I needed to access both personal calls/business calls on the same line and it was a nightmare. Dual sim phones are very rare and they don't come out in the market as often as standard phones.

There was a service I used in the past which would provide a "redirection / forwarding" service. However, it would only work with texts. You would be able to text as "Unknown" but when they reply, it gets forwarded to your "virtual" number which in turn gets forwarded to your original number (so at the end of the day, they don't see your real number).

But that was also a nightmare and it had several downsides/issues so I ended up just buying a second cheap phone that can take calls etc for around £40.

I think that's probably the most convenient option.

JamesFD

Actually dual-sim phones are easy to obtain, although 4G smartphone versions are a bit more difficult to find. I have three I picked up while working in Asia, although I don't use them here.

Search Amazon for 'dual sim' & there are number of models available.

Offline Curious

Yes, as I said to start with that there are plenty of dual sim phones around - e.g. From  External Link/Members Only but nothing with 4G suitable to be my main phone, hence the question about other options.

I guess there may be some sort of anonymous VOIP with text solution but I'm not techy enough to be sure how private that would be.

Offline webpunter

Years ago the orange network offered this.  You could press different buttons when calling to get these from the two different no's.  Major opportunity to fuck this up right royally.  Top tip - revert to basic Nokia - the punters' phone of choice

Offline KanPunt

I posed the question a while back about iphone - its inconvenient for me to have another phone I can use discreetly.  So if you have a SmartPhone you can look up something like Hush (on the iPhone). This allows you to have a uk number for a limited time (you can extend this time) - or let it expire and pick another number. The number allows you to top up as well if you run out of call time. They may be one for Android based phones as well.

It works on a data network so you need pretty good reception. The number chosen looks like a landline number (not start with 07) and can send and receive test as well as calls.

Offline Curious

Thanks - it looks like there are a couple of apps - Hushed and Burner that aim to provide this at the moment.
Burner doesn't seem to be available for Android in the UK though.

Does anyone else have experience of using these services ?