Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting phone  (Read 9708 times)

Offline Rstone

I'm thinking of using a punting phone ... Mainly to avoid texting the wife something stupid by mistake !

However, not sure how to handle that .. If she finds it , it would be even worth... Could leave it in the office but that would look weird (open space...)

What do you guy do ?

Strachen1982

Have you got a garage?  Store in inside something which she would never go in like a toolbox or inside a empty tin of paint

Offline JJ72

Remember to turn it off when you put it back in there!

Strachen1982

Aye try and explain why there is a phone ringing inside the cupboard inside a tin of duplex haha

Offline Bangers and Gash

Why buy phone when a punting SIM will do?

If you're unable to hide a sim card then maybe you should get a divorce instead.

:hi:

dawsonuk

If you're unable to hide a sim card then maybe you should get a divorce instead.

A lot of smart phones still keep logs of calls made / received etc even if you swap the SIM over. I've got a punting phone (£15 brick from tesco) with a PAYG SIM, and never do any business on my 'proper' phone. Learnt that the hard way (not with a WG, but a civvy).

Worst case a nokia brick will fit up your arse in an emergency. Can't see an iPhone 6 hiding away there…:-)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:04:51 pm by dawsonuk »

west8

I'll write a more thorough guide when I have the time, but there is a very effective way to use one phone for * - real life and punting.

Best phone - for encryption, customisation and security - is the HTC One M8.

Then install this mod: External Link/Members Only

Sense 6 gives 'Secure messaging' within the SMS app, which means you can move all WG correspondence to a locked box - accessible only with a password.

You can also 'hide' certain contacts and customise every single individual contact to ring, divert or ignore.

Moreover, after installation you can encrypt the entire Android OS so NO-ONE can ever read/clone/compromise your punting exploits. :)

Offline SamLP

If you have an old phone lying around, buy a payg sim card. Only open the phone when using it to punt. Switch it off at all other times. Delete messages and call logs after use. Take the sim card out and hide it somewhere.

dawsonuk

Sounds way too complicated mate. Have two phones, one for real life, one for punting. The more complicated it is the more likely it is to go horribly wrong.

dawsonuk

+1 SamLP. Obviously typing at the same time!

Offline dieseldriver

Do what I done. Get a cheap basic phone in Carfone Warehouse for £10. Usually comes with a sim that you have to put credit on. Keep it turned on, but on silent mode and check regular for missed calls & texts. Then find somewhere to stash it so no-one can find it. Like under a pile of cloths in wardrobe, pocket of a jacket, boot of the car even!! DON'T register the sim. Top up using prepaid vouchers from newsagent or wherever. That way, you can't be traced. I would recommend Lebara. Don't have to register the sim, can be topped up with prepaid vouchers, and call/texts cheaper than the big boys. Good luck!! :D

Offline JJ72

Assuming no OH what is the problem with using your actual phone?  :unknown:

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Yep more or less any cheap basic phone with a throwaway SIM card and make sure to erase any numbers or texts when you have done with it.

Pass it off as a spare phone when the battery runs out on your whizz bang smartfone as they easily do.

Sure the HTC One may well have some clever apps but if like me the puntfone is taken into bookings you wouldn't want to "accidently" leave that sort of phone behind by accident whereas you can afford to loose a simple PAYG phone and some credit!..

Offline bakerted

Assuming no OH what is the problem with using your actual phone? 

Punting phone should have no contacts and therefore no blackmail oppourtunity if you were to leave it behind by mistake or if it was taken/stolen. £10 brick / £200 iPhone no brainer

galcom666

I have an old Nokia 3310 for this purpose! it can be tossed away no problems!

Offline RedKettle

I got two identical cheap PAYG phones, one is for me or OH to use when we don"t want to carry smartphone - when running, on the beach, by the pool etc.  The other is my punting phone which I keep tucked away in my work bag.  Theory is if she sees the punting phone will just assume it is our other phone. 

Of course I also wipe texts and calls from it.

Offline Daffodil

Do what I done. Get a cheap basic phone in Carfone Warehouse for £10. Usually comes with a sim that you have to put credit on. Keep it turned on, but on silent mode and check regular for missed calls & texts. Then find somewhere to stash it so no-one can find it. Like under a pile of cloths in wardrobe, pocket of a jacket, boot of the car even!! DON'T register the sim. Top up using prepaid vouchers from newsagent or wherever. That way, you can't be traced. I would recommend Lebara. Don't have to register the sim, can be topped up with prepaid vouchers, and call/texts cheaper than the big boys. Good luck!! :D

I would suggest not following this advice. Under a pile of clothes in the wardrobe?  :dash: You need a lot more imagination than this.

Offline Daffodil

If you have an old phone lying around, buy a payg sim card. Only open the phone when using it to punt. Switch it off at all other times. Delete messages and call logs after use. Take the sim card out and hide it somewhere.

Somebody else here (?LL) has a drawer of old phones and just uses one of them. Ideal, in my opinion, hiding in plain site. I can't do this as have never kept an old phone

Offline Daffodil

Sounds way too complicated mate. Have two phones, one for real life, one for punting. The more complicated it is the more likely it is to go horribly wrong.

I have almost been caught out on a number of occasions because I have a second phone. It is not necessarily the best solution and I believe that as smartphones get smarter they will become my preferred option, but only if you understand the technology and its pitfalls.

Offline Daffodil

My favourite places for a hiding a phone are in the car. I am invariably near it (at home, at work, wherever) and there are some great places (woman-unfriendly) to stash it. Not the fucking boot or glove compartment. Get creative. As a general rule of thumb, if you need a spanner to get to it then she's never going to find it  :hi:

Offline Stealthy

My favourite places for a hiding a phone are in the car. I am invariably near it (at home, at work, wherever) and there are some great places (woman-unfriendly) to stash it. Not the fucking boot or glove compartment. Get creative. As a general rule of thumb, if you need a spanner to get to it then she's never going to find it  :hi:
Good idea!

And wiping the sim card and your texts each time is best.

If you're not using a smartphone with 2 sim cards, use an older phone (not very old) that has a security lock on it and that enables you to security lock the sim card. So, you'll need to enter a security number to use the phone and a security number to access the sim card. If someone finds the phone they wont be able to access it and if taking the sim card out they wont be able to access the card
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:42:19 am by Stealthy »

carlisle78

You could use a Skype App on a smart phone with a private account and make the calls through Skype - then log out and back into your normal Skype account? You can't use Skype Apps for texts anymore though.

Would that work?

Offline threechilliman

+1 particularly as my OH won't drive my car....

tcm

Offline smiths

Absolutely. Keep it simple, less chance of getting caught out but always remember to change the SIMs over of course.

If you have anything to lose by being found out as a punter using a punting phone or SIM is the smart thing to do, and your circumstances could change in the future obviously so it could also protect you against that. 

Offline Rstone

Somebody else here (?LL) has a drawer of old phones and just uses one of them. Ideal, in my opinion, hiding in plain site. I can't do this as have never kept an old phone

I think that's the best solution.
We moved a few months back... I kick myself for throwing away all the old bricks.
I'll buy a £10 phone and put it in a drawer, in plain sight.
She'll have no idea if the phone was there before we moved or not..  So I can always say it's there.
I'll just wipe everything each time it's used, keep the sim separately and charge it when she's not around.

Tks for every advices

Offline dieseldriver

Absolutely. Keep it simple, less chance of getting caught out but always remember to change the SIMs over of course.

If you have anything to lose by being found out as a punter using a punting phone or SIM is the smart thing to do, and your circumstances could change in the future obviously so it could also protect you against that.

The trouble with just a sim is that being so small can get lost easily. I know, had one drop out of my wallet without knowing. Also having to keep changing it over. Whatever system suits you best, stick to it and shouldn't go wrong?

Offline CBPaul

If you have an OH then for me a punting phone is essential.

The thought of accidentally texting Mrs CBP doesn't bear thinking about. Plus the odd prossie has contacted out of the blue me on my punting phone.

My punting phone is an old Nokia, basic and crappy on PAYG, just happens to be an old phone that I bought another sim card for. As fro stashing it, it stays locked away in my desk drawer at work and the call / text logs get cleared after every punt.

Personally I think punting and smart phones are incompatible.   

Offline mh

If you have an OH then for me a punting phone is essential.

The thought of accidentally texting Mrs CBP doesn't bear thinking about. Plus the odd prossie has contacted out of the blue me on my punting phone.

My punting phone is an old Nokia, basic and crappy on PAYG, just happens to be an old phone that I bought another sim card for. As fro stashing it, it stays locked away in my desk drawer at work and the call / text logs get cleared after every punt.

Personally I think punting and smart phones are incompatible.   

Matches my modus operandi perfectly. Keep it at work, dumb phone, clear called and received numbers/texts after each punt. I do store numbers on it prior to a punting trip, but the whole thing is PIN protected and no numbers are stored on the SIM.

dandersup

Somebody else here (?LL) has a drawer of old phones and just uses one of them. Ideal, in my opinion, hiding in plain site. I can't do this as have never kept an old phone, but will start. I upgrade very infrequently though.

New punter here just researching the best way to get set up. This seems a great idea, especially if the phone locks.

the way I'm thinking about it, I don't want anyone knowing what I was up to even if I drop dead somewhere - unless it's on top of a WG , in which case the game's pretty much up anyway. 

Gene Hunt

I just use my normal iPhone

Use full password protection and able to wipe remotely if the worst happened

bobbythatch

I don't understand this. I would never dream of getting a punting phone. You want it as simple as possible? Just one phone. Delete your texts and calls and don't let anyone steal it.

That's about as simple as you can get.

Offline Daffodil

I don't understand this. I would never dream of getting a punting phone. You want it as simple as possible? Just one phone. Delete your texts and calls and don't let anyone steal it.

Somewhat naive. I don't know what phone you use, but if you're sat there, next to your wife, and a prossie cold calls you how do you react? What if your phone is lying around and you get a cold text and the partner picks it up and sees it?

Also it's your mobile number, it's traceable to you. It could be used to track you. I have an example of this that I would share by pm.

It's true that you don't have to have a punting phone, but I think your strategy is a little simplistic for anybody who lives with, or spends a lot of time with, their other half.

Offline smiths

You dont need another phone, just a dedicated punting sim is sufficient. IMO its the smart thing to have IF you have a partner or anyone else you dont want to know you punt. If you dont care then there is no problem using your regular phone obviously.

What some punters do as has been posted on here over the years is use their work phones and/or work email addresses and for a small number thats caused a problem.

Offline CBPaul

It's not exactly difficult to run a second phone and when it is off and locked away there can be no cold calls from prossies or texts about the punt arranged for the next day.

Don't let anyone steal it - I'll remember to keep hold of my iPhone should anyone attempt to half inch it.

bobbythatch

But if it's locked away at home and you aren't there, how do you use it? Seems like far too much hassle to me.

Offline Malvolio

This is low probability, but there's the risk of having a punt where you upset the WG, she goes ballistic and puts your phone number on the internet along with a lot of bullshit about how you beat her up etc.

If you have a punting phone and this happens, discard it and get a new one (for about £5).  More of a problem if you're using your main phone. 

And if you're using your main phone to punt with, make sure you google the number every so often just in case something incriminating appears.

Offline Punter Griffin

Personally, I have a very cheap phone, with a separate sim. I genuinely use it for things like buying insurance, since I don't want them phoning my main phone. I ride a motorbike, so keep it in my bag all the time, telling the OH it's for an emergency, in case I loose my main phone. Just make sure I store numbers on the sim and wipe everything, just in case.

I've had a close call with a girl, phoning my punting phone, leaving messages. I threw the sim, £1 for a new one, backing up the numbers before hand.

Offline CBPaul

But if it's locked away at home and you aren't there, how do you use it? Seems like far too much hassle to me.

It comes out when I need it. Besides it isn't locked away at home and I don't punt from home.

Again, it all depends on keeping things separate from an OH, that's where the hassle comes in, not running 2 phones.

Offline macmate

For any punter in a relationship, a punting phone is the only way to go. It takes an awful lot of stress away knowing no rogue emails/contacts turn up out of the blue. Unfortunately it's an email, AW message alert or some such that gets forgot in your sent items or trash that will catch you out. And believe me you don't need that. I got away with it once, I know there won't be a second time.

bobbythatch

I still don't agree. I can understand what everyone is saying, buti only ever punt on a whim. I never book ahead, so if I wanted to do it I'd need my phone with me at the time I wanted to punt, not locked in a drawer.

If I got a cold call whilst I was with the oh, I would just blag it as a wrong number. Just like I would with a wrong g number. It's not difficult.

I think some of you like the thrill of hiding the phone and being some kind of James Bond character more than the actual punting.

whiterussian

it amazes me after all this time that people still post like UKP is top secret.

Women read this site because its more interesting than safe and all the other wankerish pish out there.

If your that thick that you cannot conceal your movements in this day and age then your fucked.

writing about it on a paying to shag a prostitute forum will only make women wiser.  Ever heard of a phonebox?

Offline Jerboa

This is low probability, but there's the risk of having a punt where you upset the WG, she goes ballistic and puts your phone number on the internet along with a lot of bullshit about how you beat her up etc.

If you have a punting phone and this happens, discard it and get a new one (for about £5).  More of a problem if you're using your main phone. 

And if you're using your main phone to punt with, make sure you google the number every so often just in case something incriminating appears.

In fact you can pick up SIM cards for free, if a punter can't hide a SIM card or phone then maybe he should take up a new hobby like fishing, and the guy saying he would use his phone and just blag it if he was cold called, good luck with that, I don't know your Mrs, but most women aren't that stupid, do you really want to take the risk?

Offline CBPaul

I still don't agree. I can understand what everyone is saying, buti only ever punt on a whim. I never book ahead, so if I wanted to do it I'd need my phone with me at the time I wanted to punt, not locked in a drawer.

If I got a cold call whilst I was with the oh, I would just blag it as a wrong number. Just like I would with a wrong g number. It's not difficult.

I think some of you like the thrill of hiding the phone and being some kind of James Bond character more than the actual punting.

Not the case at all.
Fair enough, believe that you'll just blag your way out and the OH will buy every word of it but wait until you have a close call - an unsolicited text message that the OH sees - and then you'll get the pretty simple idea of having a punting phone.

Offline smiths

Not the case at all.
Fair enough, believe that you'll just blag your way out and the OH will buy every word of it but wait until you have a close call - an unsolicited text message that the OH sees - and then you'll get the pretty simple idea of having a punting phone.

Spot on, or a punting sim which as has been said if a punter cant hide one of them perhaps take up fishing as your partner must be one nosy woman.

If a punter has no partner, family or friends or doesnt care that all or some of them know he is a punter its not a problem using your main phone. Fast forward say a year though and a single punter has met and is going out with a woman he fancies. He takes her to the pub with some family and friends and one stupid idiot blurts out about the fact he punts with WGs, i wonder how the new girlfriend will take that news. Is it really worth the risk when its so simple to use and punting phone or sim and not tell those you know you punt.

Offline CBPaul

Spot on, or a punting sim which as has been said if a punter cant hide one of them perhaps take up fishing as your partner must be one nosy woman.

If a punter has no partner, family or friends or doesnt care that all or some of them know he is a punter its not a problem using your main phone. Fast forward say a year though and a single punter has met and is going out with a woman he fancies. He takes her to the pub with some family and friends and one stupid idiot blurts out about the fact he punts with WGs, i wonder how the new girlfriend will take that news. Is it really worth the risk when its so simple to use and punting phone or sim and not tell those you know you punt.

Makes you realise that there are so many reasons why having a punting phone is a must.

Obviously my reason is the wife, she's not overly nosy and I'm not the sort who goes into convulsions should my iPhone be more than 2 feet away and you don't have to amputate my arm to get hold of the thing. Consequently we'll quite happily swap phones when necessary and I'll quite happily ask her to look at a text if she's closer and I can't be bothered. Suddenly becoming possessive of the phone or running off at every ding or bing would be highly suspicious.

I favour a separate phone because I don't trust technology I don't understand - and I don't understand the iPhone or trust what it is linking together. For more tech savvy punters it would be a good route to go though.

Kay444

When I started punting about 6 months ago I was so naive as I do not understand the pros and cons of punting so I just use my normal phone. Once I discover this forum and read through many thread I started to think deeply about the implications of been outed especially to my marriage, career and reputation.
I remember phoning a WG I have seen only once and she called me by my punting name! Also recently I called one of my regulars with my new punting phone having booked her through AW but she sent her reply to my normal phone, these really got me thinking about being more careful.
Also if you have WhatsApp on your phone and regularly put in your picture,  its very easy to get hold of your pictures,  I have got many WG's face picture using WhatsApp saving me few quid I would have spent to subscribe to their private gallery.
So except you don't really care about been outed and do think that your profile could not rise in future a punting phone is a must.

Offline ForrestGump

I think that's the best solution.
We moved a few months back... I kick myself for throwing away all the old bricks.
I'll buy a £10 phone and put it in a drawer, in plain sight.
She'll have no idea if the phone was there before we moved or not..  So I can always say it's there.
I'll just wipe everything each time it's used, keep the sim separately and charge it when she's not around.

Tks for every advices

I have a "man drawer" with several old handsets in which I keep my worthy Nokia. It blends in perfectly. I take the battery and SIM out when not in use just to be on the safe side. It needs a PIN to get to the desktop screen as well. Works a treat for me.  :thumbsup:

Offline Taggart

The benefits of a punting phone (or sim) have just become apparent for me, at least.

Earlier this year, I saw a young lady at short notice, and because I was changing mobile company for my punting phone, the sim had not activated, so I used my work phone. This is the one and only time I have done this.

In the last 30 mins, just had a text from one of a well known group of pretty young ladies that work from hotels, saying she was leaving AW etc. It's not the content of the message but proves beyond doubt that some girls keep guy's numbers in their phonebook, which for me is unacceptable.

Luckily, my phone is always on silent, so no awkward questions, but it could have been a hell of a WTF moment if I'd been in the car, on bluetooth, with others present and she had called or others said, well who's it from?? ....... :scare:

Why, why, why, do WGs think it acceptable to retain numbers?? Punting phone or not?

Offline CBPaul

The benefits of a punting phone (or sim) have just become apparent for me, at least.

Earlier this year, I saw a young lady at short notice, and because I was changing mobile company for my punting phone, the sim had not activated, so I used my work phone. This is the one and only time I have done this.

In the last 30 mins, just had a text from one of a well known group of pretty young ladies that work from hotels, saying she was leaving AW etc. It's not the content of the message but proves beyond doubt that some girls keep guy's numbers in their phonebook, which for me is unacceptable.

Luckily, my phone is always on silent, so no awkward questions, but it could have been a hell of a WTF moment if I'd been in the car, on bluetooth, with others present and she had called or others said, well who's it from?? ....... :scare:

Why, why, why, do WGs think it acceptable to retain numbers?? Punting phone or not?

Close call avoided, glad it wasn't at an inappropriate time.

I'd block her number in case she decides to come out of retirement in a couple of weeks and starts sending messages to that end.

Offline Taggart

Oh, she's blocked. No worries there.