Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Public transport  (Read 2242 times)

Offline JJ72

Had a thought in the shower.

See the people who use public transport to go punting - what do you do with the guideline of only take enough money with you, no cards, punting phone etc?

I've read that some guys have said they enjoy it as a day out but what if you end up miles away and are just fucked?  :unknown:

Gene Hunt

Punting phone??? What's that

I tried using a separate phone to begin with but too much hassle.

TBH more risk of a heavy bursting into the flat while you're in a compromised position.

Offline JJ72

Which is why people recommend not carrying important things on your person but doesn't answer my original question :)

west8

See the people who use public transport to go punting - what do you do with the guideline of only take enough money with you, no cards, punting phone etc?

I've read that some guys have said they enjoy it as a day out but what if you end up miles away and are just fucked?  :unknown:

I always take only the bare essentials: my phones and the EXACT punt amount in readies.

Never a penny more and never any plastic .. just in case.

Installed Uber on my phone, so no need for £ for taxis anymore either :)

Offline LanceVance

I mostly use public transport when punting (quicker in London and no ANPR...) and I only take my oyster card with a card inside it so I can take the cash out on the way and then buy a meal/pint when I am done.

Jackjones

left luggage facilities, for a few pound you can have your bag looked after! Normally very near to most rail/bus stations. Also some still have lockers in them you can use which is even better.

raylondoner

If I see a regular, say Paris, or go to a parlour like HoD, then I naturally have no problems with taking all my normal stuff with me as I know that it's 100% safe.

However, for a new girl I'm more cautious as to what I take with me.

Offline JJ72

Punting phone??? What's that

I tried using a separate phone to begin with but too much hassle.

TBH more risk of a heavy bursting into the flat while you're in a compromised position.

Can you expand on why you think a separate phone is too much hassle as well? :) Is there no OH to worry about that sort of stuff?

Left luggage also sounds smart! Didn't even think about that

Offline Boundless

If going by public transport I cut down on non essentials but I still take my debit card, normal phone & punting phone, cash for punt and a bit more. Yes, mugging, getting ripped off etc are a risk, but I see it as not as bad as getting stranded miles from home with no dosh, especially if you're not supposed to be there!!!  It helps if you've done your homework with the WG too.
I don't take a wallet, just hide all the items around my pockets and of course, if showering take it all in with me.

As has been said many times, if you considered every single risk, you wouldn't punt, all you can do is take sensible precautions.

A big risk and something that has happened to me a couple of times is meeting someone I know on the train, helps to have a cover story ready.

Offline Boundless

left luggage facilities, for a few pound you can have your bag looked after! Normally very near to most rail/bus stations. Also some still have lockers in them you can use which is even better.

Yep, done that a couple of times, great idea if it's a reasonable size station.

dilettante

I've only ever used PT and am middle-aged, the only 'situation' I've ever encountered at first hand was when a bloke got stroppy and kicked a girl under the table (police were waiting for him at the other end but of course he'd vamooshed by then) - though I was once asked if I'd witnessed an incident that happened the week before on the same service.  Perfectly safe and going a-punting is far more risky than travelling there in itself.

Offline iPad3

I keep things to a minimum but nearly always have a wallet, 2 phones and a bit more cash than I need but I generally only punt with well reviewed girls (ukp reviewed of course) and so don't feel that worried. I would be more cautious if I wast TOFTT though.

Gene Hunt

phone, oyster card a couple of notes and 1 plastic card.

I keep my valuables in sight and stick to high reviewed ladies so risk is minimal.

ruby-tuesday

I mostly do outcalls and use public transport so have similar issues. First time I took my bag with me into the loo I felt like a complete idiot, was thinking "this must look so rude.." but actually it's just standard for both parties. Never feel like you can't take your things in with you, we all know there are some dodgy girls working so I'm sure no one would be offended :) and even if they are, who cares? Better than having your wallet nicked!

I guess it's easier for WGs though as we will definitely have money to get home unless something has gone very wrong! I would be very wary taking a bank card or anything else with my full name on with me, probably best to just take an extra note and keep it well-stashed. I know it can be a bit nerve wracking travelling with loads of cash but still better than taking a card along IMO..

Offline mh

Installed Uber on my phone, so no need for £ for taxis anymore either :)

So would you say that Uber is a useful punting accessory then?   :blush:  :sarcastic:

Seriously though, I wouldn't personally use Uber for my punting trips, there's a record. I use cash for taxis when punting.

Offline red_zed

dont take credit card

make sure you have nothing work related or I.D related with you for privacy reasons

have about 10 pounds more than the money you are going to pay the girl just in case you need it for whatever reason.

post punt thirst, hunger or alcohol to forget about a session that did not quite go to plan :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

I prefer public transport if the punt is in an area where parking could be an issue.

I take the correct money plus £20 for emergencies.

I don't have a punting phone only a very ancient Nokia, no one would want to steal that.

I never carry bank cards unless I am on a shopping trip.

Offline Taggart

I mostly use public transport when punting (quicker in London and no ANPR...) and I only take my oyster card with a card inside it so I can take the cash out on the way and then buy a meal/pint when I am done.

Just wondered why you seem concerned about ANPR cameras, when an Oystercard will also track your movements? Then there's the plethora of CCTV at stations, trains and buses.

And is there that much of a risk of being turned over?

JV547845

I only use public transport for punts in London and there are so many well reviewed girls to choose from there I feel OK about bringing in Id and my normal phone.  I don't know if that's such a good idea in Soho walk ups but I'll let you know how that goes when the time comes.

Offline mh

Just wondered why you seem concerned about ANPR cameras, when an Oystercard will also track your movements? Then there's the plethora of CCTV at stations, trains and buses.

And is there that much of a risk of being turned over?

When on a punt I only care about a trail that will get noticed at home. If an ANPR camera caught me breaking a traffic law, that would be a disaster. But you can use an Oystercard very anonymously. I suppose there's a chance of being on national TV from being picked up by a CCTV camera in the vicinity of some newsworthy event. I did turn my back on a Google Streetview car while on a punt once, just in case they forgot to blur my face!

west8

So would you say that Uber is a useful punting accessory then?   :blush:  :sarcastic:

Seriously though, I wouldn't personally use Uber for my punting trips, there's a record. I use cash for taxis when punting.

As Uber is cashless, it's perfect imho. Plus, it's simple to 'push for Uber' after you shoot your load - and have the car ready outside 5 minutes later.  :cool:

Only thing to remember: ALWAYS book your collection and destination to the nearest pub, not to home or the WGs address.

Plausible deniability and all that.  ;)

James999

Hide your wallet and phone on the bus of course  :dash:

west8

But you can use an Oystercard very anonymously.

A recent BBC documentary on ticket inspectors debunked this myth. All journeys are tracked in 'real time' and snapshots are taken of EVERY single person as they swipe out at the end of ANY journey. I guarantee there is a database of mugshots + Oyster Card numbers at TFL HQ .. complete with a backdoor to Scotland Yard.

That's the main reason cash fares have been abolished. Oyster = monitored/stored/indexed. It's almost as bad the PNC (Police National Computer).

An unregistered Oyster card offers almost no anonymity benefit versus a registered one. :( The only way to enjoy a high degree of anonymity when using London Transport is to bin your Oyster card (and the £3 deposit) at the end of each and every journey and start with a new one.

Terrifyingly Orwellian stuff.

Offline mh

But you can use an Oystercard very anonymously.
A recent BBC documentary on ticket inspectors debunked this myth. All journeys are tracked in 'real time' and snapshots are taken of EVERY single person as they swipe out at the end of ANY journey. I guarantee there is a database of mugshots + Oyster Card numbers at TFL HQ .. complete with a backdoor to Scotland Yard.

As I said in my post, I only care about a trail that will get noticed at home. Since my wife doesn't work for TFL or their IT providers I think I'm safe using an Oyster Card for punting travel.
 :hi:

Offline Taggart

An ANPR camera will not catch you breaking a traffic law unless your car is not taxed, insured or MOTd.  It merely records your presence at specific locations.

Rather than ANPR, your fear should be speeding, red light and bus lane cameras, if you are going away from your normal locations. I am lucky insomuch as I can be in any number of places legitimately, but even so try and stick on the right side of traffic laws.

Offline mh

An ANPR camera will not catch you breaking a traffic law unless your car is not taxed, insured or MOTd.  It merely records your presence at specific locations.

Rather than ANPR, your fear should be speeding, red light and bus lane cameras, if you are going away from your normal locations. I am lucky insomuch as I can be in any number of places legitimately, but even so try and stick on the right side of traffic laws.

Didn't someone on here have a story where police tracked him down via ANPR because of some alleged coercion of a WG he may have been witness too? Might have been cock and bull but I would be worried by the cockup theory where I am mistakenly thought to have done or witnessed something, tracked to home and have to explain why my car was where it shouldn't be...

Offline Malvolio

That's the main reason cash fares have been abolished. Oyster = monitored/stored/indexed. It's almost as bad the PNC (Police National Computer).

An unregistered Oyster card offers almost no anonymity benefit versus a registered one. :( The only way to enjoy a high degree of anonymity when using London Transport is to bin your Oyster card (and the £3 deposit) at the end of each and every journey and start with a new one.

Terrifyingly Orwellian stuff.

If this really bothers you, buy a paper travelcard with cash using a ticket machine.  Or find an equally paranoid mate and swap your registered card with his.