Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: 2024 Euros  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

So now with the FA cup done and dusted and this season finished I thought it must be time for this thread to be originated, sorry to Webby as I know the play off final is tomorrow and hopefully your bet will lose  :drinks: (Webby knows what I mean  :thumbsup:)

Just looked at the outright tournament prices and i'm shocked that England are clear favourites on Betfair Exchange at 3/1 ahead of France at 4.3/1
Germany are 5.6/1 I thought they were crap these days but guess they do have home advantage but surely Spain at 9.5/1 Italy at 18/1 Holland at 20/1 and Belgium at 24/1 represent better value  :unknown:
Thought Belgium were hot property, they are currently 3rd in the FIFA rankings ahead of England who are 4th but behind France who are 2nd

Anyway about time for the old joke that England are 3/1 so for those who don't understand odds and betting that means if you place £10 on England to win then you will lose £10  :rolleyes:

External Link/Members Only

Online mr.bluesky

What are the odds for Scotland getting out of the group stage ?  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

Name your own price but be careful they will tear your hand off  :rolleyes:

Actually while they are the least fancied to get out of their group they are only 1.1/1 so just over even money, doesn't seem like very good odds to me  :unknown:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 07:17:02 pm by Blackpool Rock »

Offline ulstersubbie

Please stop it, Scotland are world beaters with world class players and fanatical support, okay I got the second part right.   :D

Online mr.bluesky

Please stop it, Scotland are world beaters with world class players and fanatical support, okay I got the second part right.   :D

World beaters at curling, I'll give you that  :thumbsup:
Scotland play the opening game of the tournament against Germany. Probably the best time to play them before they hit their stride.  :unknown:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:28:10 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

thats £1734 at the current exchange rate

Offline standardpostage

Thought the thread was about buying Euros, for going on holiday  :(

Offline David1970

They should send their rugby team, better chance of getting out of the group stage :lol:

Online StingRay

The same as Wales I think!  :dance:

Offline radioman33

If Scotland can get a draw in their opening game they probably qualify,it’s very close the betting market to qualify on all the teams apart from Germany.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:44:36 pm by radioman33 »

Offline ulstersubbie

If Scotland can get a draw in their opening game they probably qualify,it’s very close the betting market to qualify on all the teams apart from Germany.

I'd take a draw, a scrappy 0-0 would dae me. The problem is we have no cutting edge upfront, if Germany score early on then I fear a real drubbing because that has been Scotland in recent years, heads down and totally bereft of confidence.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'd take a draw, a scrappy 0-0 would dae me. The problem is we have no cutting edge upfront, if Germany score early on then I fear a real drubbing because that has been Scotland in recent years, heads down and totally bereft of confidence.
Scotland's form and performances had improved though and I was under the impression they had a few good players now who were among the best in the PL like Scott McTominay at Man Utd and Andy Robertson at Liverpool  :unknown: 

Online Punterperson1971

Scotland's form and performances had improved though and I was under the impression they had a few good players now who were among the best in the PL like Scott McTominay at Man Utd and Andy Robertson at Liverpool  :unknown:
I’d have a £1 a game for mctominay to score ,reckon he may get 1 or 2 from the games may even be worth betting on him to score V Germany

Online StingRay

I’d have a £1 a game for mctominay to score ,reckon he may get 1 or 2 from the games may even be worth betting on him to score V Germany

What odds for him to get a yellow or red card?  :rolleyes:

Offline myothernameis

Germany v Scotland, think this will either be a close game, with a possible win for Scotland, or we going to get hammered

But would love it if Scotland made to the next round, and there competitor are England, and a win for Scotland  :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Germany v Scotland, think this will either be a close game, with a possible win for Scotland, or we going to get hammered

But would love it if Scotland made to the next round, and there competitor are England, and a win for Scotland  :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
So you've basically covered all the bases - Home win; away win or draw if it's close  :D

Online mr.bluesky

Scotland usually loose to the no hopers like Peru and Iran in the World Cup so maybe in the Euros they'll fair better.  They can't afford to loose to Germany in the opening game although 6 points possibly 4 might be enough to see them through.
Germany will obviously be favourite to top the group so it's a chase for second spot.

Offline ulstersubbie

McTominay has done very well for us and even though English by birth has worn the blue shirt with pride. Robertson very good when things are going well, but can be found wanting when we're losing, plus he makes schoolboy errors at crucial moments, the last game against England comes to mind. The starting 11 against the Germans will have to be completely disciplined, particularly defensively for the 90 minutes or we're stuffed!

Offline ulstersubbie

Scotland usually loose to the no hopers like Peru and Iran in the World Cup so maybe in the Euros they'll fair better. 

Not entirely correct. Back in '78 Peru were a decent South American team, Teofilo Cubillas was a talented footballer as we found out when we lost to them. The result against Iran was totally unforgivable, the players could have no excuses.

The real story of the '78 world cup campaign was Ally Macleod, the manager. Macleod was a snake oil salesman who took a very good Scotland team and completely f***ed up, talking utter shite before we even got to Argentina and being tactically inept when we got there. Macleod admitted that he'd never seen Peru play before the match, just assumed we'd turn up and beat them, bloody eejit! 

Offline willie loman

please satisfy my curiosity, for at least 10 years of your life , you had a moustache?

Offline willie loman

ive put money on germany to beat scotland.

Offline willie loman

Not entirely correct. Back in '78 Peru were a decent South American team, Teofilo Cubillas was a talented footballer as we found out when we lost to them. The result against Iran was totally unforgivable, the players could have no excuses.

The real story of the '78 world cup campaign was Ally Macleod, the manager. Macleod was a snake oil salesman who took a very good Scotland team and completely f***ed up, talking utter shite before we even got to Argentina and being tactically inept when we got there. Macleod admitted that he'd never seen Peru play before the match, just assumed we'd turn up and beat them, bloody eejit!
i am not remotely a fan of ally macleod, a typical bigoted scotsman of his epoch,not many celtic players in any of his teams, but he took us there, and england didnt even qualify, its the scots who bought into his bullshit, and he did us all a service, as never since have we been fooled again, unlike the english who keep imagining that 1966 is just around the corner.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 09:01:41 pm by willie loman »

Offline Stevelondon

i am not remotely a fan of ally macleod, a typical bigoted scotsman of his epoch,not many celtic players in any of his teams, but he took us there, and england didnt even qualify, its the scots who bought into his bullshit, and he did us all a service, as never since have we been fooled again, unlike the english who keep imagining that 1966 is just around the corner.

Imagination is a wonderful thing.

As punters we are experts at imagining.  :D

Offline timsussex

The story was that the Scotland team, having been so upbeat and expecting to do well in the group stage were devastated to be coming home early with only a single point
At the airport Ally Macleod saw a sad bedraggled abandoned homeless dog and said he knew just how it felt to have no friends in the world so he went across to it and it bit him !

Offline JontyR

Decent watch on this External Link/Members Only

Offline ulstersubbie

The story was that the Scotland team, having been so upbeat and expecting to do well in the group stage were devastated to be coming home early with only a single point

Three points actually, we beat the Dutch 3-2 in the final game. Archie Gemmel's finest moment as a footballer!

Online mr.bluesky

Imagination is a wonderful thing.

As punters we are experts at imagining.  :D

Scotland imagine that one day they will actually get out of the group stage or qualify for a World Cup this century.  :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 05:50:39 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline willie loman

Three points actually, we beat the Dutch 3-2 in the final game. Archie Gemmel's finest moment as a footballer!

alas , even that victory was subsequently tainted, as the dutch were mainly interested in avoiding meeting argentina in the next round, and virtually threw the game.

Offline jackdaw

I think Scotland will actually qualify for knockout stages…and hope they do.

Offline bigden40

alas , even that victory was subsequently tainted, as the dutch were mainly interested in avoiding meeting argentina in the next round, and virtually threw the game.

Nonsense. 

The Dutch could have been eliminated if they’d lost to Scotland by 3 goals, they were 3-1 down with 20 mins to go with Scotland well on top.  We had two goals disallowed in the first half, hit the woodwork several times and had good penalty shouts turned down.

A freak Johnny Rep goal saved the Dutch.

Offline ulstersubbie

More doon tae terrible goalkeeping by Alan Rough. How that numpty won 50+ caps for Scotland will always remain a mystery to me!

Online mr.bluesky

More doon tae terrible goalkeeping by Alan Rough. How that numpty won 50+ caps for Scotland will always remain a mystery to me!

Scottish goalkeepers have always been the butt of comedians jokes

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Scottish goalkeepers have always been the butt of comedians jokes
Andy Goram was good.
But he was English.
The English goalkeepers have been living off the legacy of Banks and Shilton for years now.
And the role of keeper has changed with the advent of the back pass rule so keepers have to be able to distribute the ball better.

Offline radioman33

I think Scotland will actually qualify for knockout stages…and hope they do.

8/11 to qualify
Evens not to qualify

Offline willie loman

Nonsense. 

The Dutch could have been eliminated if they’d lost to Scotland by 3 goals, they were 3-1 down with 20 mins to go with Scotland well on top.  We had two goals disallowed in the first half, hit the woodwork several times and had good penalty shouts turned down.

the story has been around for years, the source? the dutch players, dont believe it if it makes you happy.

Offline willie loman

have i got this wrong, you are a graduate, who was brought up in england and went to private school?  yet you sound off as if you are rab c nesbitt
and you are a partick thistle supporter, how middle class is that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 07:02:45 pm by willie loman »

Offline webpunter

So now with the FA cup done and dusted and this season finished I thought it must be time for this thread to be originated, sorry to Webby as I know the play off final is tomorrow

Like your thinking on a new footy thread for the tournament & build up

There is a problem betting on England
In that the odds reflect a number of different constituent parts
The bookies will have 'experts' in whichever sport it is giving them guidance
Part of the problem for example betting on England to win the Euros is that there are substantial numbers of punters who place relatively small bets
These add up & can shift the odds
There are complex models / algorithms designed to make the bookes money whatever the outcome
I think it likely that there will be odds variations between countries
In France more people will bet on them winning the tournament, the same here on England
This will to some extent shift the odds slightly
Of course bookies want to attract new bets so there is competition to bear in mind
I'm pretty sure that if you speak the lingo & use a VPN there will be ways of getting enhanced odds, betting in France on England
& vice versa betting on France here, by way of examples
I've noticed on odds checker that there are time lags between results & the odds changing
So in the run up in the championship it could take 5-10 mins before the odds shifted noting the result from whichever teams match
If England are 3-1 here to win i'd be surprised if there werent better odds available elsewhere, the problem is easily accessing these sites & understanding the contents etc
And being able to place a bet & more importantly get paid out if winning

Offline ulstersubbie

have i got this wrong, you are a graduate, who was brought up in england and went to private school?  yet you sound off as if you are rab c nesbitt
and you are a partick thistle supporter, how middle class is that.

:lol: :lol:

Willie that's the biggest laugh I've had for a long while, cheers!

To correct you, I've never been anywhere near a university in my life. I spent some of my teenage years in England, went to Luton Sixth Form College, a bog standard comprehensive at the time. My father was born right opposite Firhill, hence my allegiance to PT. Middle class, isn't that you Willie being a posh Edinburgh boy.

Last but not least, what's wrong with sounding like Rab C, the man speaks the King's English, Glaswegians don't have trouble understanding him.   :D:hi:

Offline willie loman

:lol: :lol:

Willie that's the biggest laugh I've had for a long while, cheers!

To correct you, I've never been anywhere near a university in my life. I spent some of my teenage years in England, went to Luton Sixth Form College, a bog standard comprehensive at the time. My father was born right opposite Firhill, hence my allegiance to PT. Middle class, isn't that you Willie being a posh Edinburgh boy.

Last but not least, what's wrong with sounding like Rab C, the man speaks the King's English, Glaswegians don't have trouble understanding him.   :D:hi:

thanks for clarifying that, grew up 100 yards from the tunnocks factory my self, i am an edinburgh resident, but not remotely edinburger.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Anyone know why as the home team England are playing in that sort of dark blue / purple / aubergine colour kit while Bosnia are playing in white  :unknown:

Online mr.bluesky

Anyone know why as the home team England are playing in that sort of dark blue / purple / aubergine colour kit while Bosnia are playing in white  :unknown:

Just to promote the " away" kit which looks awful imo. Seen it on sale in my local sports shop. It's more of a shitty brown colour  :vomit: it's worse than the grey away shirt of Euro 96, the one designed to look good with jeans.
England have had some poor kits since Nike became kit supplier.
They'll probably be less than half price after the Euros
« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 08:19:47 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

it is a woeful uninspiring, performance with the away fans drowning out the English fans

thought it would be atmospheric at St James's but it is pretty dull

Offline timsussex

Channel 4 commentator tonight as Brathwaite comes on as a sub
"Born in Carlisle so a return to the north east at St James Park"  :angry:

Offline webpunter

As for C4 Joe Cole is getting handsomely wedged up
Begovic good in front of the TV to add some Bosnian intel

Jill Scott sounds like a geordie Mrs Doubtfire, depressing

I do like the C4 host wowza, i wouldn;t mind breaching Jules  ;)

Offline Stevelondon

it is a woeful uninspiring, performance with the away fans drowning out the English fans

thought it would be atmospheric at St James's but it is pretty dull

It was England playing Bosnia remember. Not exactly a thrilling game.
Try going when The Toon are playing if you want atmosphere. Dull it certainly ain’t.

Offline Stevelondon

Channel 4 commentator tonight as Brathwaite comes on as a sub
"Born in Carlisle so a return to the north east at St James Park"  :angry:

Bless !!!!

He probably thinks along the lines of the country narrowing the further North you go. So anywhere up there can be NE.  :D

Offline timsussex

Maddison first to be cut presumably was told he wont be playing tomorrow and said Stuff it !
 I assume Trafford (3 keepers should be enough)
Quansah and Curtis Jones
So that means 3 more to stay at home
one of Toney and Watkins ??
Branthwaite or Dunk ??
Wharton ?
That allows  Gordon (if fit) and Grealish  - both can put a shift (and a willingness to get booked ) defensively which given a half fit Shaw will be needed

I cant remember so many players with questionable match fitness in a squad
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 01:26:12 am by timsussex »

Offline webpunter

Maddison first to be cut presumably was told he wont be playing tomorrow and said Stuff it !
 I assume Trafford (3 keepers should be enough)
Quansah and Curtis Jones
So that means 3 more to stay at home
one of Toney and Watkins ??
Branthwaite or Dunk ??
Wharton ?
That allows  Gordon (if fit) and Grealish  - both can put a shift (and a willingness to get booked ) defensively which given a half fit Shaw will be needed

I cant remember so many players with questionable match fitness in a squad

Toney or Watkins ?  :rolleyes:
Toney each & every day of the week
The closest replacement to Arry we have
Look at the transfer value of each of these players & you have your answer

Gordon deffo the same for Grealish
& Grealish doesnt mind being taken out if the result is a free kick in a good spot

Edit:  I'd put Watkins fractionally above Bamford
Bamford did make one appearance for England [when he was 2nd behind Arry for english goal scorers in the prem] quite how i'm not sure  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 03:39:36 am by webpunter »

Offline timsussex

& Grealish doesnt mind being taken out if the result is a free kick in a good spot

If you only have a limited squad do you take like for like replacements or do you take someone who can play differently if your original plan isnt working ?
|Now admittedly Kane can drop deeper which neither Toney or Watkin can do.

My biggest worry is conceding an early goal (always a possibility with slabhead) and then I just dont think we have the ability to break down a good organised defence - took us long enough last game and they werent that good or that organised

Offline Blackpool Rock

& Grealish doesnt mind Diving if the result is a free kick in a good spot

Edit:  I'd put Watkins fractionally above Bamford
Bamford did make one appearance for England [when he was 2nd behind Arry for english goal scorers in the prem] quite how i'm not sure  :D
Corrected that for you  ;) Tom Daley's got nothing on Grealish  :D