Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Jake Paul V Mike Tyson  (Read 385 times)

Offline Punterperson1971

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson CONFIRMED despite 30-year age gap as ‘biggest fight of 21st century’ to be shown live on Netflix

External Link/Members Only

Any thoughts on this?
Obviously Jake Paul wouldn’t have stood a chance against a Tyson in his prime but at 57 y.o maybe not.
I really hope it doesn’t go the way people expect it too due to age difference and Mike Tyson having gone through loads of personal issues throughout his life.

Offline mr.bluesky

Sad when boxers like Mike Tyson come out of retirement to fight ,he has nothing to gain and every thing to loose. A bit like  George Foreman fighting again after a ten year break surely it can't be for the money they must have made enough during their career  :unknown:

Offline chrishornx

Offline PepeMAGA

Tyson looks great for his age, but all in all a stupid matchup.

Offline willie loman

By normal standards , Tyson has enough money, but there is no doubt that the money is the draw,remember he still has an entourage to bankroll, his resignation speech, in his last fight , was remarkable, you will find it on you tube.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 06:14:32 pm by willie loman »

Offline Punterperson1971

I’m not convinced Jake Paul will win as others said he’s still in great shape even speed as well look at some of his videos on you tube

Online Davey Dykes

Mike Tyson retired a completely shot fighter and hard to claim even a shadow of what he once was the best part of 20 years ago.

What this is meant to achieve I'm not sure, hopefully some stability to a once great Champion into his old age. I hope if the farce goes ahead he doesn't get hurt, I can't really claim the same for his "opponent" nor the promoters of this tragedy. Anyone who even shows the remotest interest in this Circus should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Offline badsin

Tyson was shown working on the punch bag a couple of year's ago, he was in tremendous shape. Much better than when he retired from boxing.
If it happens, Tyson to win hands down  :hi:

Online Davey Dykes

There was a quote from Mike Tyson back in the day, quite possibly stolen from elsewhere.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

Not seen a bag hitting back as yet.

Offline Ghost89

I’m looking forward to this tbh. A stunt yes but anything that involves an influencer pretending he can box against someone like Tyson is worth seeing. As mentioned he’s still in great shape. Less speed than he had but he has power and hopefully this will be enough.
There is so little in the way of interesting fighters. Anthony Joshua is just an arrogant prick and David Haye just spends his time sleeping around.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 07:32:32 pm by Ghost89 »

Offline mr.bluesky

I’m looking forward to this tbh. A stunt yes but anything that involves an influencer pretending he can box against someone like Tyson is worth seeing. As mentioned he’s still in great shape. Less speed than he had but he has power and hopefully this will be enough.
There is so little in the way of interesting fighters. Anthony Joshua is just an arrogant prick and David Haye just spends his time sleeping around.

This just goes to show how low the sport of boxing has sunk when fights like this are arranged  :thumbsdown:

Offline WelshMichael

Sad when boxers like Mike Tyson come out of retirement to fight ,he has nothing to gain and every thing to loose. A bit like  George Foreman fighting again after a ten year break surely it can't be for the money they must have made enough during their career  :unknown:

George's second run worked out rather well.

Offline mr.bluesky

George's second run worked out rather well.

Did he fight any decent boxers though or were they bums
 :unknown:

Offline WelshMichael

Did he fight any decent boxers though or were they bums
 :unknown:

He fought many decent boxers including Evander Holyfield, Michael Moorer, Tommy Morrison and Shannon Briggs. He won the World title again by knocking out Moorer.

Offline Zeusthedoc

All depends on the contract. Rumour has it that Jake has things in the contract that say no knock outs etc. Who actually knows if it's true.

I would love for Tyson to give him a pummeling.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Boxing is a shadow of its former self up until recently you could watch two great evenly matched fighters.
It's laughable really compared to seeing Bruno against Tyson when both were at their peak

Offline alabama1

How do you make that out ? He has money to gain, and nothing to lose, as his past reputation in the ring will surely remain intact. He has nothing to prove, surely  :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:51:30 pm by alabama1 »

Offline mr.bluesky

How do you make that out ? He has money to gain, and nothing to lose, as his past reputation in the ring will surely remain intact. He has nothing to prove, surely  :unknown:

People will look at Tyson now and say " I remember when he was the most feared heavyweight in boxing, now he has resorted to fighting a bloke who's hardly well known as a boxer for some sort of publicity stunt" . It's a bit like Christiano Ronaldo,  could have finished his career at the top playing for a top European team instead he goes off to Saudi Arabia to play in a camel shit league for megga bucks. I can only assume Tyson is doing this because he's blown all the money he made from boxing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 11:56:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline alabama1

he's got nothing to lose though as he ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 12:20:46 am by alabama1 »

Offline PepeMAGA

Also they're both going to be on the juice, so it's not like a normal 57 year old.
For Jake Paul is lose lose. He loses he lost, he wins, he beat up an old man.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

2 words - shit show.

Biggest fight of 21st Century  :lol:

Offline Ghost89

This just goes to show how low the sport of boxing has sunk when fights like this are arranged  :thumbsdown:

I agree. When you can get in a boxing ring just because you market an energy drink and be a you tube influencer, the sport becomes a freak show. I’m only wanting to see the Tyson fight purely because he was one of the last superstar fighters and would love to see him take care of a a wannabe.

Offline Ghost89

2 words - shit show.

Biggest fight of 21st Century  :lol:

That’s the sad state of affairs that boxing has now become! It really is the fight of the century! Boxing is now all about organised freak shows between influencers, boxers brothers and energy drink moguls. Long gone are the days of superstar boxers who had genuine talent and wanted to be champion. It’s all about the publicity and purse.

Offline Punterperson1971

I agree. When you can get in a boxing ring just because you market an energy drink and be a you tube influencer, the sport becomes a freak show. I’m only wanting to see the Tyson fight purely because he was one of the last superstar fighters and would love to see him take care of a a wannabe.
Same here I grew up watching Tyson even though I’ve never been a boxing fan,I hope he wipes the floor with Jake Paul I believe Tyson is still a very fit and quick man given his age and against a much younger opponent,I also hope he doesn’t hold back and it’s not going to be a hugging match mainly from JP.

Offline JontyR

That’s the sad state of affairs that boxing has now become! It really is the fight of the century! Boxing is now all about organised freak shows between influencers, boxers brothers and energy drink moguls. Long gone are the days of superstar boxers who had genuine talent and wanted to be champion. It’s all about the publicity and purse.
It's been about publciity and purse for at least the last 50 years. Why was the rumble in the jungle? Why was the thriller in Manilla?

As unedifying as this is these internet personalities are bringing more people to the sport. It seems odd to say, but Tyson is being included to try and bring some sporting credibility to the whole new youtuber boxing thing.

Crusties like us remember when sporting events were on free to air tv with very few channels and fewer alternatives for entertainment. McGuigan / Pedroza, for one example, was an event shared by millions. If boxing is going to survive in any way it needs to keep getting new folks interested. 

Offline berksboy

On this day in 1971 we had Frazier V Ali in the fight of the century , tonight we have AJ V Ngannou . The sport has gone down the pan big time.

Offline mr.bluesky

On this day in 1971 we had Frazier V Ali in the fight of the century , tonight we have AJ V Ngannou . The sport has gone down the pan big time.

Not a big follower of boxing but like you say the golden age of boxing has long passed when you used to have the likes of Ali, George Foreman , Ken Norton, Joe Frazier etc back in the 70's modern day heavyweights wouldn't last 5 rounds against those guys.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:45:27 pm by mr.bluesky »