Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: the Postcode lottery of 20mph speeding fines  (Read 270 times)

Offline timsussex

Between them Avon & Somerset police and the Met police have issued 97% of the 700,000 tickets issued since 2018 for speeding at between 20 and 30 mph
The Met alone has issued 595,000 tickets the equivalent of 1 for every 4 cars registered in London.

Over the same period, six forces — Lancashire, West Mercia, Cleveland, Humberside, Warwickshire and Lincolnshire — have not issued a single ticket for 20mph offences despite all of them having 20mph limits in operation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 11:18:27 pm by timsussex »

Offline standardpostage

Cash cow, comes to mind.

Low hanging fruit.

War on the motorist.

Maybe time to sell my car ? But my wife would not be a happy bunny.

Offline Billy no mates

As I understand it, to be a legally enforceable 20mph zone, basically to get a speeding fine, the road must have traffic calming measures as well, such as humps or throttle zones.

However as with everything rules change on a regular basis.

Offline standardpostage

I've been practising using the speed limiter on my car.

Does my head in  :(

Everytime I go over by 1 MPH, the alarm goes off. (Going downhill the car still goes over the set speed). [ Lots of hills and slopes in my area]

Plus the hassle of changing the speed limiter every time the speed changes on the road.

I know it saves you getting a fine, but what a faff.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 04:53:15 pm by standardpostage »

Offline lostandfound

I've been practising using the speed limiter on my car.

Does my head in  :(

Everytime I go over by 1 MPH, the alarm goes off. (Going downhill the car still goes over the set speed). [ Lots of hills and slopes in my area]

Plus the hassle of changing the speed limiter every time the speed changes on the road.

I know it saves you getting a fine, but what a faff.

Could get a sat nav gizmo, though would cost a bit just like a fine. Or run an app like Waze on your phone linked to your car's audio via Bluetooth?

My car, like many, has satnav that displays live traffic info, including showing the speed limit and flashes red if I creep above.

[Edit] Have to say, though, as someone living in the South West observing 20 mph limits does not bother me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 07:18:11 pm by lostandfound »

Offline 8MillionDollarMan

20mph limit in a car is a joke I mean I cycle faster than that,it will be 10mph next.

Offline lostandfound

20mph limit in a car is a joke I mean I cycle faster than that,it will be 10mph next.

Your sentiment, which you are of course entitled to, reminds me of a Pink Floyd lyric -

… Run, rabbit, run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
When, at last, the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

… Long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
Balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave