Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Iphone OS 8.0 warning  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Madone1

Hi guys just updated my iPhone operating system to the 8.0.0 and noticed that on the bookmark section when you open a web page in Safari it now lists frequent visited sites. Mine had Adultwork and UK punting in the top 10. So just a heads up to guys that don't use a punting phone.

Offline Mr Creosote

And also if you use private mode, when you switch back to normal it doesn't actually close your private windows. Next time you go private everything's still there, at least ios7 prompted you to close things down when you switched to/from private.

Offline finn5555

Just clear your history it isn't rocket science  :hi:

Offline londonmaxxy

If you zap it in the microwave doesn't it it clear it ?  :lol:

Offline Madone1

Just clear your history it isn't rocket science  :hi:

I do clear mine was just a heads up so no one got caught by apples latest bit of fucking about.

leedsman

It's a good warning. I'd suggest downloading Opera for your phone, and using that for adult based web browsing. That way there's no issues if someone wants to borrow your phone to looks for something!

Offline finn5555

iPhones are best flushed down the bog!!

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
OS 8.0 is fucking awful.  You cant even write a text without it seriously fucking up on autocorrect now.  I don't want to have to press the top part everytime I type a word just because 8.0 decides it prefers another word.

It has also buggered up the print size.  If I get the text part the right size everything else is huge and if I get everything else the right size I cant read texts as its too small

Its not too bad on the Iphone 5S but I stupidly updated my work phone as well which is a 4S and now it runs so bloody slow I am going to have to remove it and reset to 7.2

Why don't they just leave them alone and keep the updates for new phones only. 

Lets not forget the wonderful health app that is supposed to be so great so we also have a medialert with us at all times to carry all our health data.  It doesn't work as none of the apps that are supposed to go with it work.
The bits that do work are supposed to be able to be opened with a locked screen in case of an accident and doctors needing your records immediately but that doesn't work either.

If anyone hasn't updated yet then don't bother.  Its crap

Offline Tricky Dickie

OS 8.0 is fucking awful.  You cant even write a text without it seriously fucking up on autocorrect now.  I don't want to have to press the top part everytime I type a word just because 8.0 decides it prefers another word.

It has also buggered up the print size.  If I get the text part the right size everything else is huge and if I get everything else the right size I cant read texts as its too small

Its not too bad on the Iphone 5S but I stupidly updated my work phone as well which is a 4S and now it runs so bloody slow I am going to have to remove it and reset to 7.2

Lets not forget the wonderful health app that is supposed to be so great so we also have a medialert with us at all times to carry all our health data.  It doesn't work as none of the apps that are supposed to go with it work.
The bits that do work are supposed to be able to be opened with a locked screen in case of an accident and doctors needing your records immediately but that doesn't work either.

If anyone hasn't updated yet then don't bother.  Its crap

If you're thinking about downgrading then you'll need a 7.1.2 signing key (an SHSH blob). Apple will probably stop signing them soon so you need to act *now*. Even if you don't intend to download straight away get the SHSH saved. There's a program called TinyUmbrella that will do it for you. I would do it this evening if I were you.

longballs

download the app called "Browser" (it has a black icon with 3 dots) it is a separate browser that doesn't track/save any history or even remember the last page you visited

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
If you zap it in the microwave doesn't it it clear it ?  :lol:

iPhones are best flushed down the bog!!

It seems the latest IPhone 6 is so thin that it "bends" whilst stored in the owner's pocket.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Taggart

The OP should use Chrome on the iPhone, in particular Incognito mode. Then change settings so all cookies, history and browsing data are deleted when window is closed.

Works for me.

On iOS8, a word of warning. They've changed the photo/GPS bit, so now my camera roll shows places I have been, in some cases the street of building I've been in.  :scare:  Bloody scary if you take pics of WGs for review later.

What is more worrying is just like emails, there is a folder called 'recently deleted'. At bottom of screen in photos, it shows photos/cloud/albums.  Select albums, and there is a folder for the pics you thought you had deleted.

So in effect, you need to delete twice.

Andre 3000

I'd recommend Atomic Web browser. Nice,sleek and it it has some good privacy options.

I'll never look at anything adultwork or WG related on a Safari or Google app on my phone, Better to have a completely innocuous app that doesn't look like a popular browser.

Offline mcb

It’s not a coincidence. iOS is intentionality slow on older handsets to make you think exactly that: “fuck me, this is slow. I best upgrade my handset as soon as I can.”

They do the same just before an iOS update too to make you more inclined to upgrade in the hope your phone will get faster.

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Wouldn't give any thing Apple house room;(..

Can I advise the assembled multitude that a Nokia from Tesco for around Ten Quid makes an excellent punting phone, it's soo simple no GPS deletes what you want when you want and if you left it behind at a girls house it's no great loss.

Don't know why anyone would want to take their best phone "metal" on a punt, really don't;!.

And as far as SWMBO is concerned its for "emergency use!" when the battery dies on the power hungry fone:)..

Offline blue

On iOS8, a word of warning. They've changed the photo/GPS bit, so now my camera roll shows places I have been, in some cases the street of building I've been in.  :scare:  Bloody scary if you take pics of WGs for review later.

Some of you gents take unnecessary risks when punting.

Why not just use a basic phone:
Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Taggart

Contrary to the perception, I do not use my iPhone for punting simply because of the risks. I have a Nokia 1610 which I use, along with an Asda sim. Both have a nice hidey hole at home, and it is cleared of messages and call logs after each punt.

I was only pointing out a new unknown risk I had noticed under iOS8 on my business phone.

Offline Jimmyredcab

That is my only phone.    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Why people need a mobile computer and camera is a total mystery to me, I can find far better ways to spend £600.   :crazy:

Offline Daffodil

I'd recommend Atomic Web browser. Nice,sleek and it it has some good privacy options.

I'll never look at anything adultwork or WG related on a Safari or Google app on my phone, Better to have a completely innocuous app that doesn't look like a popular browser.

Good advice. Safari is a minefield. Has caught me out a number of times in unexpected ways. I'm moving away from it now.

Offline HappyandLucky

Hi guys just updated my iPhone operating system to the 8.0.0 and noticed that on the bookmark section when you open a web page in Safari it now lists frequent visited sites. Mine had Adultwork and UK punting in the top 10. So just a heads up to guys that don't use a punting phone.
Thanks for warning.  Caught it myself but not a great punting feature for a phone  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

richie

When I first got my iPhone I went straight on adult work and ukp just to see how it performed. I was using the chrome app and had no idea what Safari was.

Suffice to say there was some quick thinking required to dig myself out of the shit when I let the wife play with the phone that evening. My only saving grace was that I was able to get it off her before any in depth snooping took place!