Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: GPS tracking spoofs  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Frustrated gentleman

I've been sharing location for years with family and the OH, so there are times I have to be particularly tactical with my logistics!

Just seen there are a number of spoof apps that will share your location but you can basically set it to anywhere. You can even set up a live journey with spoof details as if you're on the move.
I do have a punting phone but it's my main phone that is tracked.

Not being particularly savvie with these new devices, does any one have any experiences or knowledge to share?

FG
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 11:09:33 am by Frustrated gentleman »

Offline jimbobted

Just turn location services off on your phone when punting. If someone notices just say it's a glitch in the matrix.
I use Google maps to compile my travel expenses each month. So etimes it comes out with nonsense, told me I spent a day in Eastbourne last month when I'd been nowhere near there.

Even better, stop sharing your location! Why would you do that?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
I can understand why parents will have tracking on their children’s phones, but on partners hmmm that’s a bit controlling IMO

Offline Poopster

I don't want to sound like a hypocrite banging on about trust when the fact is that many of us here go behind our partners' backs in this hobby...

But for fuck sake, what happened to trust?  Why the hell are you being tracked everywhere?? 

Offline Bopcrown

Turn your phone off and put it in an RF blocking bag.
Then when you're in the local town centre to where your punt is, turn the punting phone on.

Or just don't take your main phone out everywhere.

Offline Al R

Just stop sharing your location when you’re not up to no good and see if anyone notices, if they don’t just leave it be. If they do just say if must have switched off when you upgraded your operating system. I don’t and won’t share my location or any other info with anyone.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:22:24 pm by Al R »

Offline tynetunnel

Plainly and simply I have always refused requests/demands to share my location. I’ve never done it in all the years it’s been possible. She has our adult children tracked, has done since they were actual children, and they hate it. It is incredibly controlling and I won’t have a part of it, but they won’t stop letting her track them either!  :unknown:

My advice: take back control and stop being tracked. Or deal with it

Offline PaulRuff

Sounds like coercive and controlling behaviour to me...

Bollocks if I ever let her indoors track me like that!

Offline PilotMan

For Android

"Fake GPS Route" - not the free version

Make sure you have Developer settings active - if not go to "about phone" in your settings menu. Tap the about phone screen seven times, this will unlock developer settings, you only need to ever do this once.

Next time you open the app it will remind you to enable Mock Locations. You click on this reminder and it will open the settings menu. Scroll all the way down the settings menu to "Mock Locations" and then select Fake GPS Route as your Mock Location App.

You can choose your mock location and have it move around this location randomly as if you were walking around.

When you exit the App it will remind you to turn off Mock Locations.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:52:07 pm by PilotMan »

For Android

"Fake GPS Route" - not the free version

Make sure you have Developer settings active - if not go to "about phone" in your settings menu. Tap the about phone screen seven times, this will unlock developer settings, you only need to ever do this once.

Next time you open the app it will remind you to enable Mock Locations. You click on this reminder and it will open the settings menu. Scroll all the way down the settings menu to "Mock Locations" and then select Fake GPS Route as your Mock Location App.

You can choose your mock location and have it move around this location randomly as if you were walking around.

When you exit the App it will remind you to turn off Mock Locations.
Thank you PM... That's the sort of response I was hoping for.

Does this actually work in practice?

Offline PilotMan

Thank you PM... That's the sort of response I was hoping for.

Does this actually work in practice?

It does for Google location sharing. I can keep a check that it's working by using location sharing from my punting phone.

I've also found that found that I can still use waze for directions, although it has a few mad moments where the spoofer takes over momentarily.

Online RedKettle

But for fuck sake, what happened to trust?  Why the hell are you being tracked everywhere??

I am thinking that the answer is in case he goes off to have sex with another woman!  Or even worse in case he spends "their" hard earned money on having sex with another woman. 

I am sure the reason given is to make sure he is safe........

Offline Poopster

I am thinking that the answer is in case he goes off to have sex with another woman!  Or even worse in case he spends "their" hard earned money on having sex with another woman. 

I am sure the reason given is to make sure he is safe........

Oh, I get the rationale from the wife's point of view, I'm really asking why the OP is allowing it.  It's insane.

Offline PilotMan

Oh, I get the rationale from the wife's point of view, I'm really asking why the OP is allowing it.  It's insane.

I suppose it depends on your history and how many black holes you need to fill.

Offline lillythesavage

I suppose it depends on your history and how many black holes you need to fill.

My Father in Law handed over his wages, unopened, for every week of his married life, had to ask for money to come to the pub with me.

On Sunday I met my French Mate, was going to throw in the river if he mentioned the football, he was at a wedding though so missed the match, but said he had to ask his tight wife for money, apparently the same thing happens  :unknown:.

Never ever have wanted to even look at a partners phone, what you do not know cannot hurt you  :D, but I am fucked if I would have tracking on even though I am separated, it goes on for using wayz only.

Offline PilotMan

I don't believe the OP has made any reference to money or control or coercion etc.

You have to think outside of your own boxes, sometimes families share their locations as a generally nice thing to do,  nothing to do with control.

I don't believe the OP has made any reference to money or control or coercion etc.

You have to think outside of your own boxes, sometimes families share their locations as a generally nice thing to do,  nothing to do with control.

Precisely this! Thank you.

There is no control or coercion. It is nothing to do with money. We have our own money and the OH earns more than me.

I travel extensively worldwide for pleasure on my own. We both work in different parts of the county, and sometimes in different countries, so the location sharing is more of a comfort blanket, ...because we genuinely care that each of us has travelled and  arrived safely. It's also great when preparing tea for each other so you can have it ready when either of us walk through the door.

I just wanted to know if the GPS manipulation app worked in practice for the very odd day I go for a massage or punt and would prefer to hide that fact.

That's why I specifically asked for information or experience of the app and not for opinion. Thanks to those who appreciated the difference!
FG

Online RedKettle

There is no control or coercion. It is nothing to do with money. We have our own money and the OH earns more than me.

I travel extensively worldwide for pleasure on my own. We both work in different parts of the county, and sometimes in different countries, so the location sharing is more of a comfort blanket, ...because we genuinely care that each of us has travelled and  arrived safely. It's also great when preparing tea for each other so you can have it ready when either of us walk through the door.

I just wanted to know if the GPS manipulation app worked in practice for the very odd day I go for a massage or punt and would prefer to hide that fact.

That's why I specifically asked for information or experience of the app and not for opinion. Thanks to those who appreciated the difference!
FG

Well said and a good reminder of how a loving relationship can operate and also that all relationships/people are different and we should not always try to bolt on our own beliefs onto everyone else.  I personally would not want to share location data with my wife, despite what is an excellent and loving relationship (other than the sex), even without this hobby of ours.  I would feel uncomfortable about the idea of being tracked even if she was doing it for the best of reasons.  However I do understand why you do.

:hi: :hi:

Offline Thephoenix

FG

Well said sir!
Unfortunately folk are often to quick to make judgements without knowing the full facts. :drinks:

Offline shed

Well said sir!
Unfortunately folk are often to quick to make judgements without knowing the full facts. :drinks:

Perhaps the full facts should have been given on the original post.  :unknown:

Offline PaulRuff

Indeed.  :rolleyes:

Offline PilotMan

Why?

The OP just asked if there were any GPS spoofers, does he have to explain his whole situation in order for us to answer his question.

Does the OP have to disclose full facts for us to answer what essentially is a technical question?

Regardless, the answer to the question is still the same.

Offline shed

Why?

The OP just asked if there were any GPS spoofers, does he have to explain his whole situation in order for us to answer his question.

Does the OP have to disclose full facts for us to answer what essentially is a technical question?

Regardless, the answer to the question is still the same.

Suggest you read or re read the  20 odd posts. Not blaming the OP, but including the later posted detail would have ensured more understanding of his situation. Maybe a lesson for us all in starting a post. That's all I am saying.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:38:13 pm by shed »

Online RedKettle

Suggest you read or re read the  20 odd posts. Not blaming the OP, but including the later posted detail would have ensured more understanding of his situation. Maybe a lesson for us all in starting a post. That's all I am saying.

I am not sure that is the lesson to learn!

Offline PilotMan

I am not sure that is the lesson to learn!

Agreed.

Any lesson to learn would be read the original question and don't make assumptions.

The OP didn't ask for advice on the notion or ethics of him bring tracked, he asked for technical advice.

The "20 odd posts" didn't help the OP they were judgements based on people's perspective, for a question that the OP didn't ask.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:36:44 am by PilotMan »

Offline JD1

Personally I wouldn’t trust one of these apps - what if it stops working part way through?

Turning off your phone or temporarily disabling location services would be a safer bet, and blaming the technology if questioned.

You could turn it off during normal activities every once in a while as well to avoid suspicion / it appearing out of the ordinary if questioned on it.

I work in software development and there is no way I would bet my marriage (if I were married) on a dodgy app from an unknown vendor working correctly 100% of the time and being completely bug free.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:43:58 am by JD1 »

Offline PilotMan

Personally I wouldn’t trust one of these apps - what if it stops working part way through?

Turning off your phone or temporarily disabling location services would be a safer bet, and blaming the technology if questioned.

You could turn it off during normal activities every once in a while as well to avoid suspicion / it appearing out of the ordinary if questioned on it.

No technology is foolproof,  including turning off location services, which a tech savvy person / dev will know still does some tracking.

When using the app you can check it at any time, just share your main phone with your punting phone and see where you are on your punting phone.

I've not had any issues.

Offline JD1

No technology is foolproof,  including turning off location services, which a tech savvy person / dev will know still does some tracking.
True but I would trust the technology from Apple or Google more than some random third party.

I am a developer which is why I wouldn’t trust one of these apps. :D

Offline PilotMan

True but I would trust the technology from Apple or Google more than some random third party.

I am a developer which is why I wouldn’t trust one of these apps. :D

If I were the subject of any investigation, I would trust a random third party to protect me more than Apple or Google, both of whom track and follow us far more than most people are aware of.

Offline JD1

If I were the subject of any investigation, I would trust a random third party to protect me more than Apple or Google, both of whom track and follow us far more than most people are aware of.
Apple and Google still know the location is being spoofed and are allowing this to happen. They will still be able to see the real location.

Offline PilotMan

Apple and Google still know the location is being spoofed and are allowing this to happen. They will still be able to see the real location.

Exactly, they know a lot about us and what we're up to. Even outside of A&G there are transmission towers for location tracking.

Unless the person looking in to your data knows what they're doing, it's unlikely they would pick up on you using a spoofer.

Offline norwichfunseeker

it's unlikely they would pick up on you using a spoofer.

Wasnt spoofer the name of Harry Hills cat?  :D

Offline shed

Agreed.

The "20 odd posts" didn't help the OP they were judgements based on people's perspective, for a question that the OP didn't ask.

Precisely my point. With such a post it's inevitable people will make judgements as was the case.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:31:05 pm by shed »

Offline Count Duckula

also its dead handy if like me you have a habit of putting your phone down and forgetting about it. have left it in work many times. find my phone has saved several panicked moments

Offline Boristheboy

She has our adult children tracked, has done since they were actual children, and they hate it. It is incredibly controlling and I won’t have a part of it, but they won’t stop letting her track them either!  :unknown:
Well they can't hate it that much if they consent to it.