Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Have you learned anything today?  (Read 16986 times)

Offline Blackpool Rock

One of my neighbours has just bought a hybrid car   :)
Replacement batteries cost £2,000 to £8000  :( Depending on the model.
So has he had to get the batteries replaced then  :unknown:
Anyone actually heard of anyone having to get batteries replaced  :unknown:
I did hear that they are actually outlasting the predicted life

Looking at the replacement battery costs it about the same range an an ICE rebuild

Offline standardpostage

So has he had to get the batteries replaced then  :unknown:
Anyone actually heard of anyone having to get batteries replaced  :unknown:
I did hear that they are actually outlasting the predicted life

Looking at the replacement battery costs it about the same range an an ICE rebuild
Batteries don't need replacing. Just researching how much they cost if they need replacing.
Just looking in case I buy electric.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Batteries don't need replacing. Just researching how much they cost if they need replacing.
Yeah makes perfect sense to research how much replacements will theoretically be however it still seems to be one of the biggest factors / concerns put out there against buying an EV however as I posted my understanding is that battery lifespans are actually holding up far better than the manufacturers originally predicted.

I'm only saying this from what someone has told me, they had a few hybrids but went full EV a couple of years ago and like so many others were concerned about forking out on batteries.
Apparently they had some sort of service package that meant the batteries were guaranteed so long as they stuck to the servicing schedule, I guess they were paying for the service which probably wasn't cheap but it also acted a bit like an insurance policy

Offline lostandfound

2 - 8K ... sounds like the bill for a Toyota hybrid?

Important thing with those I have heard is to make sure they never overheat which can kill them and can be caused by cooling fan getting blocked up. I guess regular servicing should ensure that doesn't happen and in the case of Toyota / Lexus gives that 10 year warranty.

Offline standardpostage

Miss World 2023 will be held in the United Arab Emirates, later this year.
We last won in 1983  :)
Will we win this year ?  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Miss World 2023 will be held in the United Arab Emirates, later this year.
We last won in 1983  :)
Will we win this year ?  :unknown:

I'm surprised they still have this in today's politically correct woke world  :unknown: I remember way back in the past this used to be televised. One thing that puzzles me is why does the winner of "Miss Universe" always come from planet earth  :D
Is this Miss Saudia Arabia's entrant?

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 07:37:56 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'm surprised they still have this in today's politically correct woke world  :unknown: I remember way back in the past this used to be televised. One thing that puzzles me is why does the winner of "Miss Universe" always come from planet earth  :D

That's a stock photo stolen from the net, classic bait & switch  :D

Offline standardpostage

:lol:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 07:55:23 am by standardpostage »

Offline standardpostage

:D

Offline mr.bluesky

:dash: damn , I had her down as the winner too  :D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 08:08:43 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline A Decent Fist

With a certain similarity to the original post in this thread, today I learned of a novel way to die:

External Link/Members Only

Why didn't the poor guy just see a hooker? Maybe all the Czech whores are in Britain...

Offline standardpostage

My local LIDL has started selling melons by the kilo, instead of fixed price each melon. £1.38 per kilogram, get to the till, and shock, it's £13  :scare:

What will they be selling by the kg next ? Condoms, cucumbers, lettuce  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:40:19 pm by standardpostage »

Offline Bonker

You've summed up my early experiences with condoms.

Started off like a cucumber, put the condom on and was as limp as lettuce.

Offline lostandfound

My local LIDL has started selling melons by the kilo, instead of fixed price each melon. £1.38 per kilogram, get to the till, and shock, it's £13  :scare:

A 9.4 kg melon in Lidl?! Crikey, what bra size is that?

Offline Blackpool Rock

They have been doing that for Watermelons for a while so I simply avoid them, others like honeydew, galia and cantaloupe are fixed price per melon

Offline standardpostage

You've summed up my early experiences with condoms.

Started off like a cucumber, put the condom on and was as limp as lettuce.
:)
Me too.

Offline standardpostage

A 9.4 kg melon in Lidl?! Crikey, what bra size is that?
:D
I don't know, but, it will be large or extra large.

Offline standardpostage

I learned that my potassium level is high. Been for a blood test. So I have to go for another blood test.
Thing is, I feel fine   :)
I Feel Fine = Beatles song  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 06:29:13 pm by standardpostage »

Offline standardpostage

Hebden Bridge, is the lesbian capital of the UK ! ! !

I was there recently.
I didn't see any lesbians  :unknown:
Which begs the question, what does a lesbian look like ? ? ?  :)

PS. I did see two young ladies holding hands. But that proves nothing.
PPS. Girls only skate sessions, Hebden Bridge, Calder Holme Park. 5 to 6 every Friday.

Offline Malvolio

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hebden Bridge, is the lesbian capital of the UK ! ! !

I was there recently.
I didn't see any lesbians  :unknown:
Which begs the question, what does a lesbian look like ? ? ?  :)

PS. I did see two young ladies holding hands. But that proves nothing.
PPS. Girls only skate sessions, Hebden Bridge, Calder Holme Park. 5 to 6 every Friday.
I was there earlier in the year but didn't notice anything that stood out as being particularly Gay / Lesbian, walk down Dickson road in Blackpool and rainbow flags everywhere

On the girl only skating i'm wondering how they get away with using a presumably public park for a single gender activity, isn't everything supposed to be equal these days  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

I was there earlier in the year but didn't notice anything that stood out as being particularly Gay / Lesbian, walk down Dickson road in Blackpool and rainbow flags everywhere

On the girl only skating i'm wondering how they get away with using a presumably public park for a single gender activity, isn't everything supposed to be equal these days  :unknown:

these days you can just identify as the opposite gender to be allowed access to a single gender activity  ;)

Offline standardpostage

I reported some pot holes, to Lancashire County Council, on a road near where I live.
 They replied to my post, saying " the pot holes do not meet their criteria for repairs"  :(
The road is awful, surprised I have not had a puncture, broken spring or track rod end damage ! ! !
What have I learned, the council have a very high criteria, for pot hole repairs.
Maybe they have to be craters, before they fix them  :)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 02:38:41 pm by standardpostage »

Offline mr.bluesky

I reported some pot holes, to Lancashire County Council, on a road near where I live.
 They replied to my post, saying " the pot holes do not meet their criteria for repairs"  :(
The road is awful, surprised I have not had a puncture, broken spring or track rod end damage ! ! !
What have I learned, the council have a very high criteria, for pot hole repairs.
Maybe they have to be craters, before they fix them  :)

Some jobsworth probably has to go out with a tape measure to measure it before it qualifies to be fixed  :dash:

Online RandomGuy99

I learned that I'm incredible at everything sexual and I'm incredibly handsome.

NOT

I actually learned that if you pay a good SP for an hour of her time she'll make you feel good.

Thank you SP!

Offline standardpostage

Where the Azores are. They belong to Portugal, but they are miles away  :)
A group of volcanic islands. In the Atlantic ocean.

Offline JontyR

Gina Coledangelo, better known Matt Hancock's bit on the side, is the great niece of former Arsenal Goalkeeper and Sports Presenter Bob Wilson

Offline WDFORTE

Don't eat a Greggs sausage roll if you've had your gallbladder out.  In town, day off, wolfed a Greggs sausage roll down.  Big fucking mistake, I got a 30 second warning, nowhere to go nowhere to hide, it liquidized it and WHOOSH!

Did a John Wayne all the way back to the car. Hot day as well and that never helped.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Don't eat a Greggs sausage roll if you've had your gallbladder out.  In town, day off, wolfed a Greggs sausage roll down.  Big fucking mistake, I got a 30 second warning, nowhere to go nowhere to hide, it liquidized it and WHOOSH!

Did a John Wayne all the way back to the car. Hot day as well and that never helped.
Sounds like they must have changed the recipe then, previously they were renown for being a healthy low fat option  :rolleyes:  :drinks:

Offline WDFORTE

I can eat some shitty food, not those. I used to have 1 or 2 a week pre op. First time trying post op, stomach said NO!

Offline standardpostage

There's a town in Sweden called Bastad  :)

Offline PilotMan

There's a town in Sweden called Bastad  :)
There's a village in Kent called Pratts Bottom  :rolleyes:

Offline ulstersubbie

A village called Seymen in Turkey.

Offline puntingking

There's a pub or bar in East England called "black boys inn" 

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 06:05:24 pm by puntingking »

Offline catweazle

There's a village in Kent called  "Loose". The local Womens' Institute call themselves  " The Women's Institute of Loose" rather than "The Loose Women's Institute ".

There's also a village in Essex called "Matching Tie".  ,( I wonder if they sell any handkerchiefs there?)

Online RandomGuy99

There's a lane in Shrewsbury called Grope Lane.

Offline PilotMan

Have you ever had your digits in a prossie

If not, then visit Fingeringhoe in Essex  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

There are two Bell Ends in the West Midlands, one in Stourbridge and one in Rowley Regis  :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:53:32 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline A Decent Fist

There's a village in Kent called  "Loose". The local Womens' Institute call themselves  " The Women's Institute of Loose" rather than "The Loose Women's Institute ".

Yeah, they did exactly the same in the north Essex village of Ugley. Shame they couldn't embrace the joke.

Online m4rmite

There are two Bell Ends in the West Midlands, one in Stourbridge and one in Rowley Regis  :D
Don't forget about shavers end in dudley.

Offline WASA38

Yeah, they did exactly the same in the north Essex village of Ugley. Shame they couldn't embrace the joke.

Many moons ago I lived briefly in Saffron Walden and I'm sure I recall an item in the announcements section of the local rag which had cruelly been entitled 'Manuden man marries Ugley bride'.  There was a photo too, just to rub it in !. (Manuden is a village near Ugley).

Sounds unbelievable but I don't think I'm dreaming it and i don't think it was on April 1st.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 10:27:44 pm by WASA38 »

Offline DastardlyDick

The family member told me, they had to purchase car insurance, there and then, before the police let them drive off.
I don't know how much they paid. "But" with 6 points, insurance will increase next time.
Wow! They were lucky to get that bit of discretion - must've been near change over for the copper .

Offline WASA38

Have learned what panackelty is - thanks to @standardpostage  in the Happy Old Men thread, and Google of course.

Sounds delicious.

Offline Huge Ackman

• Temp ban until
    04/07/23 @ 22:21
  • Reviews: 3
I learned that Arkansas is pronounced “Arkansaw”.

Offline PilotMan

Have learned what panackelty is - thanks to @standardpostage  in the Happy Old Men thread, and Google of course.

Sounds delicious.

Beat me to it  :P

Offline Jonestown

Sounds delicious.

You want to go double or quits on Panhagerty now ?

Offline mr.bluesky

Sounds delicious.

Likewise , never heard of it before , it does look
tasty 😋
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 09:27:23 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline PilotMan

While we're on the subject of regional dishes.

I learned many years ago from a neighbour (she was originally from Durham) what a Stottie was, and how she was disappointed that the local Greggs didn't sell them or even know what they were.

Offline Bonker

Not today but over the last few bits of time: the volume of information that's available to the human race is proportional to the amount of ignorance that's displayed online.

The same goes for bigotry, bias, discrimination and alethophobia.

Offline Huge Ackman

• Temp ban until
    04/07/23 @ 22:21
  • Reviews: 3
I learned how to make banana bread. Bloody delicious.