Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Womens Euro football championship  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Bogof60

Bogof60 has posted on the wrong thread but I suspect not for the reason you mean, there is a thread dedicated to the women's Euros.  https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=347544.0

Not a lot of talk about football on that thread. :unknown:

I was commentating on a purely football aspect of the skill level of the first goal last night.
If that is not for debate on a football thread then fair enough.
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mr.bluesky

I was commentating on a purely football aspect of the skill level of the first goal last night.

Blackpool Rock was merely joking about women's football can't be classed as proper football in comparison to the mens game and Daviemac pointing out there is a separate topic about the Women's Euro tournament which I started.  I thought it would be better to keep them separate at the time  :unknown: ( it was a pretty decent goal to be fair, but the last one , the own goal was comedy defending )
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:41:08 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Perhaps if that thread was brought back on track with comments about the football aspect of it it might deter those who only want to post derogatory comments.   :unknown:

If posting comments about the footballing aspects of women playing football in the women's football Euro competition is not suitable for a thread entitled ' Womens Euro football championship' what is.   :unknown:

Offline Blackpool Rock

As Mr Bluesky says my post was tongue in cheek, I do recall seeing when the separate Woman's Euro thread was started and being pleased that it had it's own thread rather than for want of a better expression clogging up this thread, I almost posted as much on the Woman's thread but then realised i'd get all the post updates so didn't

Davie's right though in that if the Woman's thread is full of derogatory comments then perhaps it actually needs some positive posts to revive it, may be worth copying your comments about the great goal onto the other thread, obviously with the right scorer  :D

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I've moved these comments to the correct thread.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I'm not sure why the below hasn't attracted more attention...

After England's thumping win a few nights ago, BBC pundit Eilidh Barber pointed out that all 11 players and 5 subs were white and this lack of diversity was a problem.

Absolutely flabbergasting!

External Link/Members Only

Offline king tarzan

So many flying around ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽on the pitch 👅👅👅👅😋😋😋😋👅👅👅👅😋😋😋😋👅👅
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline king tarzan

Have you posted this on the wrong thread, this is the football thread  :rolleyes:

Obviously strong athletes, well conditioned and full of courageous beans..( the Sheila's)
But still there is gulf between male and female bodies..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:10:00 am by king tarzan »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator

After England's thumping win a few nights ago, BBC pundit Eilidh Barber pointed out that all 11 players and 5 subs were white and this lack of diversity was a problem.

Why does it not surprise me you are bringing a comment by one presenter, that was generally condemned, into this discussion.

It hasn't attracted more attention because it's irrelevant.

BTW some are even questioning how the presenter can still have a job after the comment.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:15:20 am by daviemac »

Offline lillythesavage

Could it be that the best just happen to be white, very hard to argue with changing a winning team to suit an agenda  :unknown:.

Offline Blackpool Rock

As Mr Bluesky says my post was tongue in cheek, I do recall seeing when the separate Woman's Euro thread was started and being pleased that it had it's own thread rather than for want of a better expression clogging up this thread, I almost posted as much on the Woman's thread but then realised i'd get all the post updates so didn't

Davie's right though in that if the Woman's thread is full of derogatory comments then perhaps it actually needs some positive posts to revive it, may be worth copying your comments about the great goal onto the other thread, obviously with the right scorer  :D
And now the posts have been moved I get the updates now  :scare:  :dash:

Another 1st world problem I guess  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Could it be that the best just happen to be white, very hard to argue with changing a winning team to suit an agenda  :unknown:.

Very true. In any sport you should get picked on your ability not the colour of your skin.

Offline king tarzan

Very true. In any sport you should get picked on your ability not the colour of your skin.

Felt sorry for the south African cricket team on that note..

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Felt sorry for the south African cricket team on that note..
What has South African cricket got to do with the women's Euro football competition, wrong sport and wrong continent. Just because one person decides to push the boundaries and risk a ban doesn't mean other have to follow.

Offline king tarzan

What has South African cricket got to do with the women's Euro football competition, wrong sport and wrong continent. Just because one person decides to push the boundaries and risk a ban doesn't mean other have to follow.

There is logic to what I said..
But I won't go into it, as it could be viewed as hyper sensitive..

Offline willie loman

i imagine the point she was trying to make was about the social backgrounds of woman footballers, its a middle class sport in britain and the usa, and i suspect in europe.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Why is this still getting discussed, the reporter stating that the English women's football team is 'too white' is a racist remark and has been condemned all over the internet.

Perhaps Gordon Bennett would like to explain why he brought a single inappropriate comment by a TV presenter onto this thread.   :unknown:

Offline Bogof60

Did say there was bugger all about football on this thread.   :unknown:

But on a brighter note. Spain in the quarter finals. :D

I will be watching on Wednesday.

Offline chrishornx

England ladies doing well...

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Offline Bogof60

So how about that.
 Screaming at Stanway PASS IT.
Bugger me what a goal.  :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo:

Didn't realize just how good Millie Bright is. Don't watch WSL but for England she was always for me in the shadow of Steff Houghton but tonight she really shone Brightly.

Terrific tactical change by the manager when we were behind.

Just brilliant Lionesses  :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo:

Offline lillythesavage

So how about that.

Didn't realize just how good Millie Bright is. Don't watch WSL but for England she was always for me in the shadow of Steff Houghton but tonight she really shone Brightly.

Only watched extra time, first I have watched, not as bad as people have said, never going to have the skill level of the men, but boy they could teach the over paid pratts a thing or two about effort and desire to win.

Offline Bogof60

And discipline.
There were some hefty tackles going in tonight and a few Professional fouls so credit to the ladies that no one was booked for dissent

Edit to add

The English Ladies
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 11:11:32 pm by Bogof60 »

Offline toon972

Millie Bright never put a foot wrong, I like that Toone as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline mr.bluesky

So how about that.

Only saw the extra time but that was a cracking goal, worthy of winning any game. Hopefully they can go all the way and win the final . Perhaps they should put Sarina Wiegman in charge of the mens team 🤔 she seems to have a better grasp of tactics than Southgate. When was the last time he bought on a substitute that changed the outcome of a match  :unknown:

Offline king tarzan

Blinding goal
Better then lots of men scoring

Offline Bogof60

Millie Bright never put a foot wrong, I like that Toone as well.  :thumbsup:

Actually she did.
The reason I mention it was in the latter part of the game I was thinking exactly that when she scuffed a clearance.
It was noticible because otherwise she had an excellent game. She can shift too, she was never outpaced by any of the Spanish girls.
Like I said earlier I am a big fan of Steff Houghton and I am glad now to see MB showing her class.
Playing her up front when chasing a goal was a fantastic tactical move.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 09:53:53 am by Bogof60 »

Offline king tarzan

Will there be any enjoyable football violence if England reach the final like last year??

Offline mr.bluesky

Will there be any enjoyable football violence if England reach the final like last year??

I doubt it , the crowds seem to be made up of mainly women and children not shit for brains neanderthals
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:49:38 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Gordon Bennett

Blinding goal
Better then lots of men scoring

? It went in the middle of the goal about 5' off the ground. It's inexplicable what the goalie was playing at. Look at it again but watch the keeper, not the ball.

Offline king tarzan

? It went in the middle of the goal about 5' off the ground. It's inexplicable what the goalie was playing at. Look at it again but watch the keeper, not the ball.

Great shot
Yes goal keeper error too

But still a great goal though..

Offline HERTSBLUE

I detest football but whenever I catch any womens football they seem to have a lot more balls than the "men".
Very little of the pathetic falling over and feigning injury.
completely not true England player went down holding her face last night replay showed the boot clipped her pony tail.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 04:00:23 pm by HERTSBLUE »

Offline lamboman

completely not true England player went down holding her face last night replay showed the boot clipped her pony tail.

I said very little not none,try reading my post properly.
Watched a bit last night as I had a bet on it.Much as it bores me at least it's not annoying like the mens game with players falling over like they've been shot every minute.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs

Offline king tarzan

I said very little not none,try reading my post properly.
Watched a bit last night as I had a bet on it.Much as it bores me at least it's not annoying like the mens game with players falling over like they've been shot every minute.

It's called acting... Amitabh bachchan styleeeee

Offline toon972

Actually she did.
The reason I mention it was in the latter part of the game I was thinking exactly that when she scuffed a clearance.
It was noticible because otherwise she had an excellent game. She can shift too, she was never outpaced by any of the Spanish girls.
Like I said earlier I am a big fan of Steff Houghton and I am glad now to see MB showing her class.
Playing her up front when chasing a goal was a fantastic tactical move.

Yes she did and it went for a throw in. It was all hands to pump time at that moment and she was in the right place at right time.

Offline Bogof60

Yes she did and it went for a throw in. It was all hands to pump time at that moment and she was in the right place at right time.

Yes that was the moment.

But as we both agree she had a blinding game. :thumbsup:

Offline The0neAnd0nly

I doubt it , the crowds seem to be made up of mainly women and children not shit for brains neanderthals

You're definitely right - hearing "Its Coming Home" being sung entirely by females has been interesting.

I could have gone to a few matches at Bramhall Lane including this Tuesday nights England semi - but other plans have got in the way. Gutted!

Offline mr.bluesky

I think the problem is none of the female goalkeepers are particularly tall. I bet most of them struggle to reach the crossbar  :unknown:

Offline king tarzan

I think the problem is none of the female goalkeepers are particularly tall. I bet most of them struggle to reach the crossbar  :unknown:

And extra poundage  on the chest and ass makes them less agile!!

Offline mr.bluesky

And extra poundage  on the chest and ass makes them less agile!!

:rolleyes: trust you to come up with that

Offline chrishornx

:D Interest in this tournament will soon disappear when England loose to Germany in the semi final  ( probably on penalties) then we can look forward to the new season and start watching proper football and the World Cup in Qatar.

u sure they are playing them in the semis?

Offline mr.bluesky

u sure they are playing them in the semis?

Nope they will be playing Sweden in the SF. It will be the Final instead  :dash: (I didn't take into account the knock out stages are pre determined depending on how the groups finish.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 07:59:36 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

Nope they will be playing Sweden in the SF. It will be the Final instead  :dash:

that will make the defeat even harder

Offline mr.bluesky

that will make the defeat even harder

You can just see it happening can't you. Loose on penalties against our arch rivals  :scare:

Offline lillythesavage

You can just see it happening can't you. Loose on penalties against our arch rivals  :scare:

Have some faith, we are not talking about the overpaid twats  :D

Offline chrishornx

good point

Offline mr.bluesky

Although they do have twat's  :D

Offline lillythesavage

Although they do have twat's  :D

Useful ones though, even if it is for rug munching  :D

Offline chrishornx