Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: And another reason not to pay a deposit ....  (Read 1651 times)

Offline s0whatsnew?

I booked a session last week with  "Baroness Essex"  for which she wanted a £50 deposit.  I paid this with Paypal.  Her email confirming receipt mentioned that the payment fee was  £8 which she "was sure I would pay on arrival".   Strange. 

The standard P'pal charge is 2.9%+30p for business transactions, which her p'pal addy was.  This would amount to £1.75 for £50.  My first thought was that maybe p'pal takes 20% VAT in advance of the payee's liability.  That would be typical for super-fierce American tax collection.  But actually 20% of £48.25 comes to £9.65.

Anyway, I emailed back asking very nicely for details of that £8.  Couple of days later came a p'pal email to me returning  £48.25.   Obviously she had cancelled the booking.

So was she trying to scam me?   I'll never know.   For sure we've both lost £1.75 each.   Sob.   The silly thing is that although all electronic finance charges are in your face, traditional bank charges for business accounts are just as high.  Anyway, its clear that deposit-paying to a business account creates messiness and awkwardness that  poisons a 'clean' relationship before it starts.   So thanks,  'Baroness',  I dodged a bullet by inviting you to be open and transparent.   You cheeky cow!

Offline puntingking

I guess even the most wgs with the highest of positive reviews who does take deposits, if they can get out of not having to meet you or me and instead steal our money by not returning our deposit they would. Its money at the end of the day. We seeking sex from a wg and they are seeking money from us. It's not right but that what I think anyways.

Offline alabama1

I guess even the most wgs with the highest of positive reviews who does take deposits, if they can get out of not having to meet you or me and instead steal our money by not returning our deposit they would. Its money at the end of the day. We seeking sex from a wg and they are seeking money from us. It's not right but that what I think anyways.

Are you the infamous Bikerman ? What a totally brainless and inaccurate couple of lines.  :lol:

Offline puntingking

Are you the infamous Bikerman ? What a totally brainless and inaccurate couple of lines.  :lol:

It happened to me a few times so that's my experience. 

Offline alabama1

It happened to me a few times so that's my experience.
So because it happened to you a few times, you are assuming that the majority of wg,s would steal our money if they could ?  What sort of business sense would that make ? And on your second point, what is 'not right' with us wanting sex, and them wanting money for it  :unknown:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:11:59 am by alabama1 »

Offline puntingking

So because it happened to you a few times, you are assuming that the majority of wg,s would steal our money if they could ?  What sort of business sense would that make ? And on your second point, what is 'not right' with us wanting sex, and them wanting money for it  :unknown:

Nothing is "not right" with your second point. That is OK.
I was talking about it is not right if a wg would take a deposit then cancel a booking and don't return the deposit. 
Actually I could see your point on the first part aswell so I actually take what I said back.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:29:14 am by puntingking »

Offline Stevelondon

Getting away from the deposit debate.

I’ve always had a problem with doms of this sort.

It states on her profile for would be clients to,
“Do not disgust me or embarrass yourself by requesting sexual services, nudity or intimate body worship”

It’s this old argument as to wether domination (BDSM) is prostitution or not.

Personally I don’t see any reason in finding nudity disgusting but then again that’s just me.
Maybe she just doesn’t look good with her kit off.  :D

Offline Shagswell2001

From my understanding Baroness Essex is a Dominatrix.  By their very nature they are not renound for their patience.  You probably pissed her off by asking to many questions. As far as I can tell,  asking for a deposit is standing practice for a domme.

Offline WelshClipper

Getting away from the deposit debate.

I’ve always had a problem with doms of this sort.

It states on her profile for would be clients to,
“Do not disgust me or embarrass yourself by requesting sexual services, nudity or intimate body worship”

It’s this old argument as to wether domination (BDSM) is prostitution or not.

Personally I don’t see any reason in finding nudity disgusting but then again that’s just me.
Maybe she just doesn’t look good with her kit off.  :D

I have never phrased it in this way, but I could not agree with you more. Thanks for saying what
I think  :thumbsup:

Offline Slow grinder

I never have and I never will, pay a deposit!

Offline mr.bluesky

For Fucks sake how many times does this topic crop up  :dash: Never pay a deposit.  If you get the urge to pay a deposit send the money to me instead 🤪

Offline shed

For Fucks sake how many times does this topic crop up  :dash: Never pay a deposit.  If you get the urge to pay a deposit send the money to me instead 🤪

Totally agree. Too many threads being started which are a duplicate of existing ones. 'Prices' is a prime example. Lesson is if you cannot think of something completely new to discuss don't bother  :hi:

Offline WelshClipper

Just to play devil’s advocate.

In the past I have seen posts on ukp where members and even mods have suggested its always good to rehash old topics as 1) there are a limited number of topics 2) topics are often to a new audience and 3) things change and, for example, maybe the landscape for deposits has changed.

I agree if a topic is coming up many times a month it gets a bit ridiculous but I don’t object to repeats with maybe new insight.

Just saying.....   :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 08:57:44 pm by WelshClipper »

Offline s0whatsnew?

From my understanding Baroness Essex is a Dominatrix.  By their very nature they are not renound for their patience.  You probably pissed her off by asking to many questions. As far as I can tell,  asking for a deposit is standing practice for a domme.

My objection in this situation is not to a deposit per se  (or rather, that thats another discussion) but that the upfront payment charges of electronic finance  allowed a mysterious £8 to enter the equation.  She could have explained to me exactly what the £8 was all about but chose not to.  If there's one thing that gets my goat its financial ambiguity.  Too many questions?  Not enough questions imo !

Offline s0whatsnew?

But she DID return my deposit.   Ok, minus £1.75 but thats not the point.  The point is whether the £8 she wanted on top was a genuine p'pal fee or her mini scam.  If the latter, its just too pathetic.  If genuine then all she had to do was explain the deets.