Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Anyone else not use a punting phone?  (Read 5303 times)

Offline El Jefe

I've been punting for about a year, seen about 10 WG's and a few massage parlours, the thought of using a punting phone has never crossed my mind until I seen a few threads on here, now I am getting a bit worried. The last time I saw an independent WG was about 4 months ago, since then it's been all agency girls. I don't have a wife/girlfriend - am I right in assuming that is the main reason for having one?, the only thing I worry about is a WG making up a fake story about me for whatever reason and putting my number out there, or calling me out of the blue, maybe it's time to get a punting phone before that happens.

Offline Anadin

I'm not married or in a relationship but I never thought it'd be a good idea to phone WGs on my mobile, better safe than sorry really. Plus phones are really cheap, I have a second smart phone that cost me £50 and non-smart phones are free with a top-up.

taz973

I have to admit like op never considered it when I started and like him free and single so not sure whether to swap to a seperate mobile or just leave it

Offline El Jefe

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:28:52 pm by El Jefe »

Offline Juankerr

You are better off using a punting phone , some lady's are known to post phone number's on social media site's if they consider you to be a timewaster.

Offline Matium

I've been punting for about a year, seen about 10 WG's and a few massage parlours, the thought of using a punting phone has never crossed my mind until I seen a few threads on here, now I am getting a bit worried. The last time I saw an independent WG was about 4 months ago, since then it's been all agency girls. I don't have a wife/girlfriend - am I right in assuming that is the main reason for having one?, the only thing I worry about is a WG making up a fake story about me for whatever reason and putting my number out there, or calling me out of the blue, maybe it's time to get a punting phone before that happens.

If you're single then you have nothing to worry about.

It's only when you're married that you'll have to learn the art of subterfuge.

Offline Urban_G

I've been punting since the mid 90's and never used a punting phone despite having had the same number since the mid 90's. Yes, I've had many girlfriend's during my punting life but have always been careful to delete any numbers / texts from my phone. The only issue I have had is fairly recently when a parlour I contacted started sending me vague texts like '2 horny girls today', but a quick call soon put a stop to this by stressing to them that they could be dropping me in it with my (non existant) girlfriend.

Having said that, I am thinking about getting a punting phone just in case (see below) as I think in todays world it is a lot more riskier not to have one.

I disagree. You can never be too careful, especially when you start a relationship with a new girl. Best to be prepared.

Toshiba

Im attached and use my personal phone

Its a constant worry

Offline Jerboa

Its a constant worry

Then get yourself a cheap punting phone, there Is no reason not to, hookers don't use their personal phones do they?

When I first started punting many years ago, I used my personal phone, had no problems, but parlours or prossies do text out of the blue sometimes, If you have a Mrs you could be In the shit, even If you're single, there have been reports of messed up hoes making up lies about a punter assaulting her or time wasting/stalking, and publishing his number, usually after he's left a negative report on her. If that's a punting Sim not to much problem, but personal number, then you have the hassle of changing your old number.  :dash:

cockneybstrd

Its a constant worry

Then why dont you get a punting sim

Unless you get a thrill off the fact that you might get caught by the Wife ??

Offline blackburnian

Then get yourself a cheap punting phone, there Is no reason not to, hookers don't use their personal phones do they?

An amazing number do ,especially newbies/part timers , I've got a punting smartphone with what's app installed and the pictures/ details it brings up are an eye opener , even girls who have retired from aw moons ago are shown as active numbers often with face pics.

Bb

Offline daveev

i'm single and never used a punting phone, if you're single its really not like the secret service, be yourself and do as you please,

Offline Jerboa

i'm single and never used a punting phone, if you're single its really not like the secret service, be yourself and do as you please,

Well yes you might think that way, and In the past I probably had a similar attitude to yours, but as I alluded to, some hookers are bad news, and will try to fuck up a punter If he ever crosses her.

temmop

I don't use one; I just put all WG numbers as 'blocked', meaning all texts go to a hidden folder  :cool:

ulander

I use an ancient pay-as-you-go totally unsmart and basic mobile for punting.  I'm single but I think anyone, single or not, who uses their smart phone for punting and all other work/personal calls is asking for trouble, sooner or later.

jcdmj12

If I Googled your mobile number, would I find any of your personal contact details?

Offline berksboy

I use an ancient pay-as-you-go totally unsmart and basic mobile for punting.  I'm single but I think anyone, single or not, who uses their smart phone for punting and all other work/personal calls is asking for trouble, sooner or later.

You Sir are 100% right , if you have the money to punt you have the money for a punting phone .

Offline cunnyhunt

It is not an issue for me but I still use a punting phone.

A punter might not feel its a problem using his work phone for punting but his employer may have a different idea.

infoseeker

Punting phone all the way a must in my opinion.

Until recently the SIM was in an old basic Nokia, though I had a spare iPhone and decided to put it in that so I could use the data allowance (£20/month O2 bundle) for directions/sat naving and such and on the occasion I need to change plans and access internet when out.
I don't use that SIM in the smartphone for anything else though.

willbred

I'm one of the minority who doesn't use a smartphone (for anything) I am changing jobs shortly and will be dragged into the 21st century kicking & screaming being provided with one. At that point I will be in Tesco's for a cheap bog standard phone PAYG as I've heard once you have a smartphone big brother ( or sister) is watching your every move.

JV547845

I don't suppose anyone knows if using a punting SIM in your regular non-smart phone is a big no-no do they?

JV547845

I've heard once you have a smartphone big brother ( or sister) is watching your every move.

I think if you don't go mad installing dodgy apps that leak your data then you're taking no more risk than with a regular phone, but most people won't know how to set it up properly or use it securely.  Best not to connect to unsecured untrusted wireless networks. 

If big brother wants to get you, they'll get you one way or the other - super secure procedure is to only turn a dumb phone in an area with lots of other people on the same cell tower so they can't find your location.  Your phone is only the start of your problems if they're on to you so I wouldn't worry about it.

willbred

I think if you don't go mad installing dodgy apps that leak your data then you're taking no more risk than with a regular phone, but most people won't know how to set it up properly or use it securely.  Best not to connect to unsecured untrusted wireless networks. 

If big brother wants to get you, they'll get you one way or the other - super secure procedure is to only turn a dumb phone in an area with lots of other people on the same cell tower so they can't find your location.  Your phone is only the start of your problems if they're on to you so I wouldn't worry about it.

Fair comment, I'm not worried apart from potential for employers to monitor or nutter prossies. Having said that in the 27 years I've been punting, I haven't met any - perhaps I've been lucky?

JV547845

Oh yeah, whatever you do don't use a work phone!  Check your contract or employer's hand book, they can look at everything you do, install key loggers, anything.  It's your employer's property, end of. 

Offline flatolive

PAYG nokia for me. £10 on 3 mobile lasts an age.

riverday

+1

riverday

Its a constant worry

Guess u like the added thrill then? Otherwise £10 will sort it

infoseeker

£10 on 3 mobile lasts an age.
Does it ever.... if you hardly use it for calls or texts, then yeah maybe.

I was topping up £120/month on O2 Pay As You Go for punting purposes for a few months.
I never stopped to think that O2 have decent tarriffs for unregistered Pay As You Go, I just assumed they didn't.

When I did I got the O2 Big Bundle £20/month and more then enough call time and texts to keep me going for the month.

Wasted a few £100s of punting money before setting up that tarriff!

temmop

Surely having one phone where you can hide/delete messages is safer than getting caught with a second phone?  What would you say if your SO picked up your bag and out popped a mystery phone?

I dunno, I think all options have their cons.

Offline extraa

Surely having one phone where you can hide/delete messages is safer than getting caught with a second phone?  What would you say if your SO picked up your bag and out popped a mystery phone?

I'm lucky my phone is unlocked. I just use two sims rather than two phones :D

infoseeker

I'm lucky my phone is unlocked. I just use two sims rather than two phones :D

Some phones actually take two SIMs at the same time avoiding the need to fiddle around swapping them.

Offline Daffodil

There are pros and cons to both.

As smartphones can do so much these days (blocking numbers, hidden folders, password protection) it is possible to run a pretty undercover ship with one. I use mine for communicating with civvy girls I'm interested in. You need to know the phone and its technology back to front though, as there are many ways of slipping up that may never even cross your mind. For example, iTunes actually backs up your text messages every time you sync and they can be accessed through your computer.

The main thing that stops me using my real number with prossies is that I think it compromises my anonymity. It is possible to find out more details about a person if you have their real mobile number.

An unlocked smartphone and a second sim is a good all round option in my view.

Offline Stalinator

The main reason I use a punting phone is that some of the pro$$ies will send unsolicited texts advertising tours or rates. One was a particular pest for doing it. I has a £10 el cheapo Nokia for punting that is only turned on for punting purposes. So if they send texts, I won't know until I turn my phone on again where I shall be a position to deal with them.

Also I have heard that some WGs share phone lists via websites etc. I do agree it could affect anonymity.

infoseeker

The main thing that stops me using my real number with prossies is that I think it compromises my anonymity. It is possible to find out more details about a person if you have their real mobile number.

This is my main reason for using a second punting phone an unregistered Pay As You Go line.
It is likely that most peoples main phone is a contract line registered to them.

Offline smiths

So just buy a second sim not a second phone.

Offline smiths

There are pros and cons to both.

As smartphones can do so much these days (blocking numbers, hidden folders, password protection) it is possible to run a pretty undercover ship with one. I use mine for communicating with civvy girls I'm interested in. You need to know the phone and its technology back to front though, as there are many ways of slipping up that may never even cross your mind. For example, iTunes actually backs up your text messages every time you sync and they can be accessed through your computer.

An unlocked smartphone and a second sim is a good all round option in my view.

No cons in my case to having a dedicated punting phone, i can hide it where it wont be found and its off with the battery taken out when i am not using it, and i make my punting arrangements in my car when i am alone. I agree having a punting sim is a good all round option for those punters that cant hide a punting phone.

I dont need a smartphone for punting but i totally agree with your summation about knowing exactly how they work before using them for punting purposes, and once you know that they can be good for punting.

Offline Dante

Like some others have said, I'd find managing a second (burner) phone more likely to get me in trouble than just being very selective with use of my personal phone. Which isn't a smartphone anyway.

Curious6705

I like what seems to me to be the simplicity of having a relatively dumb punting phone, to which any incriminating calls or texts are isolated.

I have more than one unlocked smartphone anyway - though I'd be reluctant to use one for punting because I'd need to watch out for it automatically syncing activity across multiple devices.

I do use Chrome in Incognito mode on a smart phone for viewing Adult content, but any texts or voice calls I make on my cheapo punting phone. If anyone ever asked why I bought it I would just say it's a cheap phone I bought in case of emergencies.

temmop

So just buy a second sim not a second phone.

And then you have to explain why your phone is off.

Offline smiths

And then you have to explain why your phone is off.

You only put the punting sim in your phone when arranging your punting, when your not punting you have your non punting sim in your phone which you use as usual. That punting sim doesnt need to be in your phone for long. IF you have a partner that tracks your EVERY minute then bad luck.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:35:34 pm by smiths »

Offline El Jefe

So ive decided on this phone as it's the cheapest External Link/Members Only

Do I just buy the PAYG sim, put money on it and im good to go? Will any PAYG sim work?

infoseeker

So ive decided on this phone as it's the cheapest External Link/Members Only

Do I just buy the PAYG sim, put money on it and im good to go? Will any PAYG sim work?

I'd recommend paying a few pound to get the phone brand you are used to say like Nokia or maybe Samsung in your case.
Some times arranging a meet can involve sending lots of texts and getting them through in a timely manner helps a lot to be able to navigate the shitty phone quickly and easily.
I only ever went for Nokias.
The Nokia 2630 is the smallest and lightest (and so most easily hidden away) if you're familar with Nokia, can be purchased on eBay.

Hidden Image/Members Only

I've got loads of them  :rolleyes:

temmop

You only put the punting sim in your phone when arranging your punting, when your not punting you have your non punting sim in your phone which you use as usual. That punting sim doesnt need to be in your phone for long. IF you have a partner that tracks your EVERY minute then bad luck.

That's a good point mate, I reckon I'll probably do that!

Offline CBPaul

No cons in my case to having a dedicated punting phone, i can hide it where it wont be found and its off with the battery taken out when i am not using it, and i make my punting arrangements in my car when i am alone. I agree having a punting sim is a good all round option for those punters that cant hide a punting phone.

I dont need a smartphone for punting but i totally agree with your summation about knowing exactly how they work before using them for punting purposes, and once you know that they can be good for punting.

Totally agree.

My punting phone is an old Nokia, well hidden when not in use, only does calls and texts which are easy and quick to delete. Once deleted I know there is nothing left lurking. To me a smart phone is too smart, I don't fully understand how my iPhone works and what is going on in the background. That makes it dangerous to use for any punting purposes. 

Offline SamLP

A punting phone is a must, just as not using your real name for punts. Cheap Nokia phone only open when used for punting, then switched off at other times. Easily delete all contents after a punt and hide anywhere in the home or car.

Offline Wilson85

I used my personal phone initially.

I now have a punting phone as my personal phone is used for work.

It is connected to the hands free in the van. I don't fancy taking a call from my favorite wg while sat next to the boss, stuck in traffic in a busy London street. Not that it would ever happen, but it's not a risk I'd like to take.

Scottish_Chris

A punting phone is a must, just as not using your real name for punts. Cheap Nokia phone only open when used for punting, then switched off at other times. Easily delete all contents after a punt and hide anywhere in the home or car.
What a bizarre post!  Are you ashamed?  And why would you not use your real name for punts?

/genuinely confused about this .

yorkshire123

What a bizarre post!  Are you ashamed?  And why would you not use your real name for punts?

Not as confused as i am about your post, as I'm in a good mood i will refrain from calling you a fuckwit for now  ;)

vorian

Many punters have wives or partners and it would be very bad if they were caught with prossies.  Thus many would want to reduce the possibility of their "Real" personas being linked. So punting phones and fake names are used.

yorkshire123

Many punters have wives or partners and it would be very bad if they were caught with prossies.  Thus many would want to reduce the possibility of their "Real" personas being linked. So punting phones and fake names are used.

Sorry thats what i meant to say  :D