Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Wordle - Daily Word Challenge  (Read 48315 times)

Offline Don Quixote

:lol:, A very quick fail  :D

Wordle 444 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have recently started alternating between using ‘train’ and ‘plait’ as one of my two standard words. Had I not gone with ‘train’ today it is highly probable that I would have found myself in an identical situation to the one that you appear to have found yourself in i.e. having very quickly worked out letters two to five, but then being left with having a choice between eight possible first letters. Nightmare!

Offline lillythesavage

I have recently started alternating between using ‘train’ and ‘plait’ as one of my two standard words. Had I not gone with ‘train’ today it is highly probable that I would have found myself in an identical situation to the one that you appear to have found yourself in i.e. having very quickly worked out letters two to five, but then being left with having a choice between eight possible first letters. Nightmare!

Yep, I use 2 first words now and that is the situation I was left with,

Offline timsussex

That wasnt easy

Wordle 445 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 445 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Comfortable, but it could catch one or two out

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 445 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Happy with a four.

Offline alftupper

Wordle 445 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 445 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Repeated an amber in same place on 2nd  :dash:, took some thought after that, but,

Wordle 445 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline alftupper

Repeated an amber in same place on 2nd  :dash:, took some thought after that, but,

Wordle 445 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another double letter, which is irritating, but after my second guess there weren't many options, so in that sense relatively easy.

Offline SpaceRaiderDave

Raise is my first word as it has 3 vowels and two other very popular letters. My second word often is one which has ou in it to get all the vowels out of the way but if I get lucky with Raise then the second word will reflect any letters uncovered.
Banned reason: Previously banned member TinMan69
Banned by: 90125

Online Gordon Bennett

Raise is my first word as it has 3 vowels and two other very popular letters. My second word often is one which has ou in it to get all the vowels out of the way but if I get lucky with Raise then the second word will reflect any letters uncovered.

You'll be surprised how much easier it is to solve it by NOT changing your second word depending on letter uncovered.

Everyday I go NYMPH - DOUSE - TRAIL and take it from there.

Took me 5 goes today but I was dubious the answer was actually a word but it was literally all I could do with available letters.

Wordle 445 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline timsussex

You'll be surprised how much easier it is to solve it by NOT changing your second word depending on letter uncovered.

Everyday I go NYMPH - DOUSE - TRAIL and take it from there.

Took me 5 goes today but I was dubious the answer was actually a word but it was literally all I could do with available letters.

i have a similar plan  STAIR followed by POUCH removes lots of common letters and you will have noticed no E
My Third word uses the E and tries to get some of the ambers in the right place - assuming any turned up in the first two and probably an N or M

My only fails were when I had 4 greens on the third go but there are 4 possible letters for the final place (like a few days ago) I have learnt that gambling never works for me so have given up on guessing and pick a rogue word containing as many of the possible final letters  as I can
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 01:26:02 pm by timsussex »

Offline Don Quixote

i have a similar plan  STAIR followed by POUCH removes lots of common letters and you will have noticed no E
My Third word uses the E and tries to get some of the ambers in the right place - assuming any turned up in the first two and probably an N or M

My only fails were when I had 4 greens on the third go but there are 4 possible letters for the final place (like a few days ago) I have learnt that gambling never works for me so have given up on guessing and pick a rogue word containing as many of the possible final letters  as I can

I have been using HOUSE and either PLAIT or TRAIL, however I’m going to try mixing it up for a while by using RAISE and TOUCH.

Offline robsmith149

I always use later and pious for 1st 2 words, normally get in 4.

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 446 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

First failure for a while. Got some of the letters but couldn't get enough of them in the correct order and then I was left with too many options by the 5th attempt

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 446 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Comparatively straightforward. Could have/should have been a three (but wasn’t, so there).

Offline alftupper

Wordle 446 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I tend to start with the word trace, I've used others in the past poise and alone for instance. have never used adieu, apparently the most popular opening word.
I've seen a youtube video which suggests you should always start with tubes, fling, champ, wordy, you will then be guaranteed to get the solution.

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 446 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I tend to start with the word trace, I've used others in the past poise and alone for instance. have never used adieu, apparently the most popular opening word.
I've seen a youtube video which suggests you should always start with tubes, fling, champ, wordy, you will then be guaranteed to get the solution.

Interesting, chased it from 1st attempt instead of using the usual two words, for a thoughtful 5

Wordle 446 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline timsussex

Wordle 446 X/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

First failure for a while. Got some of the letters but couldn't get enough of them in the correct order and then I was left with too many options by the 5th attempt
snap
Wordle 446 X/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

A quick 5

Wordle 446 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Horizontal pleasures

Wordle is tough as I am colour blind.

Offline Malvolio

Wordle 446 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That approach does rather suck the fun out of the game - which is the point of playing it in the first place.

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 447 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Back on form after yesterday's blip

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 447 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nice and straightforward.

Offline alftupper

That approach does rather suck the fun out of the game - which is the point of playing it in the first place.

Can't agree more.

Wordle 447 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the run of double letters I briefly thought the answer might contain the same letter three times.

Offline lillythesavage

Few clues, it was not looking good, then it came out of nowhere  :D The yellows are the same 2 letters on the 3 attempts.

Wordle 447 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

Quick easy 4

Wordle 447 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 448 4/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Comfortable four

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 448 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Uncomfortable six. Bugger!

Offline alftupper

Wordle 448 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline lillythesavage

Very quick after returning to 2 word start instead of chasing after the 1st attempt.

Wordle 448 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

4. Took a while to see it but it was only word I could make with available letters so got there eventually.

Wordle 448 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 449 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A straightforward four.

Offline alftupper

Wordle 449 4/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick, especially as I now expect a letter to be used twice.

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 449 4/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick, especially as I now expect a letter to be used twice.

Convinced I had it in 2 after your clue, picked the wrong double  :D.

Wordle 449 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

5. Had to pause and think.

Wordle 449 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 450 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Actually not that difficult, I just made it so for myself by not bloody thinking.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:15:18 am by Don Quixote »

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 450 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just about got there

Offline alftupper

Wordle 450 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Beginning to sweat towards the end.

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 450 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just about got there

Fairly quick, but ignored the obvious, should have been 3, over thought it.

Wordle 450 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

4. Had to scratch my chin over 4th go but this was definitely a case where having used 15 different letters already made it much easier.

Wordle 450 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline alftupper

Wordle 451 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 451 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Fairly comfortable four

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 451 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

An inspired guess!

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 451 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Fairly comfortable four

Same but took some thought for 4.

Wordle 451 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

Simple 4

Wordle 451 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Offline alftupper

Wordle 452 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Easiest for a long time, although it all depends on your first word.

Offline Dave33ws6

Wordle 452 2/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First guess definitely helped. Not had a two for a while

Offline Don Quixote

Wordle 452 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I opted for a double letter word and paid the price. Straightforward nonetheless.

Offline lillythesavage

Wordle 452 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I opted for a double letter word and paid the price. Straightforward nonetheless.

Same, but it gave the letters to finish, some thought though.

Wordle 452 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Online Gordon Bennett

After getting 3 key letters on my first go I abandoned my usual same-three-words strategy in pursuit of a getting it done in short order outcome.
Ended up with a mega-quick 3.

Wordle 452 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩