Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Dangers of not having a Punting phone ?  (Read 18466 times)

Jim Panzee

I must admit I don't have a separate phone for making bookings yet but was just wondering.........Other than having a nosey other half what are the possible Dangers of not having a Punting phone ?

SirFrank

A punting phone is IMO one of the golden rules of punting. I've had a few phone calls from WGs in the past and texts - hi babes I'm free this Saturday (and skint probably) - before I got a punting phone. Don't get your fingers burnt, simply not worth it. Make sure you delete texts call logs etc but get yourself a punting phone ASAP.

Ps I preferred your planet of the apes esq avatar. Your new one looks like a jolly American called Hank or Travis

Jim Panzee

Ps I preferred your planet of the apes esq avatar. Your new one looks like a jolly American called Hank or Travis

HA ha ha, he's a Norwegian musician called Varg Vikernes.

cockneybstrd

HA ha ha, he's a Norwegian musician called Varg Vikernes.

Looks like a hairy cunt to me

And a cheap punting phone is a punting basic

You can even get a cheap smartphone and use that and then you can use that to view AW or UK Punting. Download Whatsapp too as half the time the pro$$ie use that.

I ve found I ve been able to view face photos without contacting once I have the number and then decide if I am interested or not

Jim Panzee

Looks like a hairy cunt to me

And a cheap punting phone is a punting basic

You can even get a cheap smartphone and use that and then you can use that to view AW or UK Punting. Download Whatsapp too as half the time the pro$$ie use that.

I ve found I ve been able to view face photos without contacting once I have the number and then decide if I am interested or not

Ive got an old blackberry lying around just need to get a sim for it.

Thing is nobody goes near my stuff and my phone is strictly out of bounds as it is needed for my work I'm always on call and it's on me all the time. Just wondered if the were any dangers that I hadnt  taken into account.

Offline ForrestGump

I must admit I don't have a separate phone for making bookings yet but was just wondering.........Other than having a nosey other half what are the possible Dangers of not having a Punting phone ?

There have been many discussions on ukp about all aspects of punting phones. So you'll find plenty of good pointers in the threads archive. But having a punting phone is a very good idea and will pre-empt a lot of shit that could totally screw your non-punting life.

cockneybstrd

Ive got an old blackberry lying around just need to get a sim for it.

Thing is nobody goes near my stuff and my phone is strictly out of bounds as it is needed for my work I'm always on call and it's on me all the time. Just wondered if the were any dangers that I hadnt  taken into account.

Well they are only 99p.

Are you using a work phone for punting ??

Its just easier to have a punting phone and even if your  a single cad about town kind a guy  where no one goes near your phone but you.

jack_walsh

Agree with all so far but for you a separate phone will start to look suspicious in itself now. How would you explain that? Got good advice from wristjob on this subject, if you do get a punting phone, make sure there's a password lock on it.

Offline ForrestGump

Agree with all so far but for you surely a separate phone will start to look suspicious in itself now. How would you explain that  one? Got good advice from wristjob on this subject, if you do get a punting phone, make sure there's a password lock on it.

Just need to have a cover story prepared in case that happens. Some great examples in the archives.  ;)

Jim Panzee

Well they are only 99p.

Are you using a work phone for punting ??

It's not a work phone it's my own but I got it for work as I need access to emails 24/7 . Ive sent a couple of text messages to a SP which were deleted straight away.

cockneybstrd

It's not a work phone it's my own but I got it for work as I need access to emails 24/7 . Ive sent a couple of text messages to a SP which were deleted straight away.

Its your choice Jim but for 99p for a sim. When your spending a lot more than that punting. It just seems a false economy.

For example if you had my work phone number and googled it you would find out my job a picture of my ugly boat race and my real name. From that you could have a lot of fun and make things shitty for me if you wished.

Jim Panzee

Its your choice Jim but for 99p for a sim. When your spending a lot more than that punting. It just seems a false economy.

For example if you had my work phone number and googled it you would find out my job a picture of my ugly boat race and my real name. From that you could have a lot of fun and make things shitty for me if you wished.

Yes I'm definatley gonna get a sim. Probably hide the phone in my car under the spare wheel. Lol

Offline smiths

Agree with all so far but for you a separate phone will start to look suspicious in itself now. How would you explain that? Got good advice from wristjob on this subject, if you do get a punting phone, make sure there's a password lock on it.

So just get another Sim card instead, tiny so easy to hide although some punters in the past have posted they had nowhere to hide one. Bollocks.

IF using a smart phone as a punting phone bear in mind to turn off certain features that could help a partner find out where you are and what you have been doing. Various threads about this as well as punting phones in general.

I use an old Nokia as i dont need net access, simplicity is the key for me.

Just to name a couple of potential dangers of not using a punting phone/Sim. A WG decides she wants to drum up some business so decides to throw discretion out the window and ring you as has happened to me out of the blue. She has no idea who might answer that phone and it could put the punter in the shit at home.

A pissed off WG gets a negative review off a punter and decides in her anger to ring him and have it out with him, again not caring what he might be doing at the time and with whom.

To me using a punting phone or Sim is a punting basic safety measure.

cockneybstrd

For me not having a Punting Phone is a bit like those punters who go looking for bareback as they think they wont catch anything

They may get away with it for a while but the chances are that choice is going to blow up in your face sooner or later

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
So just get another Sim card instead, tiny so easy to hide although some punters in the past have posted they had nowhere to hide one. Bollocks.

IF using a smart phone as a punting phone bear in mind to turn off certain features that could help a partner find out where you are and what you have been doing. Various threads about this as well as punting phones in general.

I use an old Nokia as i dont need net access, simplicity is the key for me.

Just to name a couple of potential dangers of not using a punting phone/Sim. A WG decides she wants to drum up some business so decides to throw discretion out the window and ring you as has happened to me out of the blue. She has no idea who might answer that phone and it could put the punter in the shit at home.

A pissed off WG gets a negative review off a punter and decides in her anger to ring him and have it out with him, again not caring what he might be doing at the time and with whom.

To me using a punting phone or Sim is a punting basic safety measure.

Agreed. She could even get nasty and decide to "publish" or expose your number. You'd rather have your punting number exposed, as this can easily be replaced. Replacing your work number could be tricky, especially if most of your cusotmers have this number.

Don't chance it. Get a punting phone.

If you search on main UKP page using "punting phone",  so many hits come up. reading some of the horror stories about using work/personal mobile for contacting WGs should convince you of getting a separate punting SIM/Phone.

Rochdull lad

If you search on main UKP page using "punting phone",  so many hits come up. reading some of the horror stories about using work/personal mobile for contacting WGs should convince you of getting a separate punting SIM/Phone.

And like cockney said earlier, this advice applies equally to those of us who are single.

Offline CBPaul

The merits of a punting phone have been discussed many times but my view again.....

It's an essential for punting. My main reason is having an OH and so that over rides every other consideration but you never know when your punting life and your private life are going to collide.

My main phone is a smart phone and I don't trust it one bit, mainly because i don't understand exactly how it works or what it does in the background. I have email set up on it and it is linked to my car. I don't do facebook etc because I hate them but there's some more possibilities. Personally I want to keep my punting totally separate from the rest of my life.

One prossie who calls or sends a text on the off chance you may want a punt because she's available is all it takes to cause an awkward situation for you.

Offline Daffodil

If you have no one (partners/wife/boss/friends) in your life and have no one (partners/wife/boss/friends) guaranteed in the future to be in your life then you can consider not having a punting phone.

Otherwise, get one!

Boston

Some dominatrixes have a page on their websites where they post the phone numbers of guys they consider timewasters. As we all know the girl may view a guy as a timewaster when from his point of view they just had discussions and he decided not to see her.

The thing that made me realise I had to have a punting phone was when I'd seen a girl via an agency on Friday, and mid-morning Saturday I got a text "please can you let us have feedback on your appointment yesterday with Crystal"!  The agency is no longer in business funnily enough.

jack_walsh

The merits of a punting phone have been discussed many times but my view again.....

It's an essential for punting. My main reason is having an OH and so that over rides every other consideration but you never know when your punting life and your private life are going to collide.

My main phone is a smart phone and I don't trust it one bit, mainly because i don't understand exactly how it works or what it does in the background. I have email set up on it and it is linked to my car. I don't do facebook etc because I hate them but there's some more possibilities. Personally I want to keep my punting totally separate from the rest of my life.

One prossie who calls or sends a text on the off chance you may want a punt because she's available is all it takes to cause an awkward situation for you.

+1

Absolutely agree with every word of that.

Offline Mij

+2!  Essential piece of kit. Just get a PAYG sim for a quid and a £10 top up...should last you a few months if you just stick to texts. For top-ups, go to the self-serve checkout at Tesco and buy a top-up code there. You can pay cash too, so no record of the transaction, etc. If you try to top up from an ATM, it will ask you for the mobile phone number, so then there will be a link between your bank account and the PAYG phone.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:41:04 pm by Mij »

Offline Jimmyredcab

I am not a phone obsessed  person so my normal phone and punting phone are the same, it is a very ancient Nokia on Pay As You Go, costs me about £40 a year to run. It can't surf the net and it can't take pictures but it can make calls just as good as £600 i-phones ------------------ and it doesn't need charging every day.

I understand why a married man would want a punting phone.   :hi:

k

Put your phone number into google and see what it comes up with.  Would you be happy for a WG to do the same because they will.  Whether it is to contact you for legitimate reasons, or whether it is to blackmail you depends on your judicious choice of company.

Offline Jimmyredcab

If you try to top up from an ATM, it will ask you for the mobile phone number, so then there will be a link between your bank account and the PAYG phone.

Classic paranoia ------------------ you are not an International terrorist.     :dash: :dash:

Offline smiths

+2!  Essential piece of kit. Just get a PAYG sim for a quid and a £10 top up...should last you a few months if you just stick to texts. For top-ups, go to the self-serve checkout at Tesco and buy a top-up code there. You can pay cash too, so no record of the transaction, etc. If you try to top up from an ATM, it will ask you for the mobile phone number, so then there will be a link between your bank account and the PAYG phone.

I top-up in cash at a large variety of newsagents using throwaway vouchers.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Put your phone number into google and see what it comes up with.  Would you be happy for a WG to do the same because they will.  Whether it is to contact you for legitimate reasons, or whether it is to blackmail you depends on your judicious choice of company.

You are stark raving bonkers.     :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Offline smiths

Classic paranoia ------------------ you are not an International terrorist.     :dash: :dash:

You really dont get it do you. Some punters partners look at their bank statements and might ask what a PAYG top-up was for. Its not paranioa, its called being careful. :rolleyes:

Jim Panzee

He's got me fucking scared now!   :unknown:

Offline smiths

He's got me fucking scared now!   :unknown:

In reality K isnt bonkers at all, he is giving worst case scenario and if that helps punters think carefully and use a dedicated punting phone or Sim thats a very good thing in my view. Better to know about worst case scenario than not in my view.

The chances of being blackmailed unless your a well known person is very small, the proof of this is in my years of posting on punting forums very very few punters have posted about being blackmailed or hearing about others being blackmailed. In addition Blackmail is of course a very serious crime likely to result in prison, so a WG or pimp would be taking a big risk.

Offline Mij

The bank statement shows "T-Mobile top up" (or whatever SP you use). Could be awkward for someone if their partner does not realise they have a PAYG phone and sees their statement. Paranoid? No, just maybe helping someone from an awkward conversation!

Jim Panzee

In reality K isnt bonkers at all, he is giving worst case scenario and if that helps punters think carefully and use a dedicated punting phone or Sim thats a very good thing in my view. Better to know about worst case scenario than not in my view.

The chances of being blackmailed unless your a well known person is very small, the proof of this is in my years of posting on punting forums very very few punters have posted about being blackmailed or hearing about others being blackmailed. In addition Blackmail is of course a very serious crime likely to result in prison, so a WG or pimp would be taking a big risk.

You make some good points mate, as always. Thanks.

Offline smiths

The bank statement shows "T-Mobile top up" (or whatever SP you use). Could be awkward for someone if their partner does not realise they have a PAYG phone and sees their statement. Paranoid? No, just maybe helping someone from an awkward conversation!

Absolutely, not paranoid at all. All this paranoid bollocks posted fails to understand that some women are really nosy so being extremely careful is essential.

Offline Daffodil

Absolutely, not paranoid at all. All this paranoid bollocks posted fails to understand that some women are really nosy so being extremely careful is essential.

Exactly right. A female partner can sniff almost anything out. I know. If you have a partner be very, very careful  :hi:

k

It would be of positive benefit to the board if you showed a bit more respect to posters. 

I don't understand why you are so antsy to people whom you disagree with.

Offline akauya

And how do you know he is not an international terrorist?   :crazy: :wacko:

Who is to know Osama Bin Punting or Jimmy-IRA is not a member on an anonymous forum?   :rolleyes:

stephenteh

where do you get 99p sim card? what network is that?

Offline akauya

where do you get 99p sim card? what network is that?

Don't you have 99p shops where you live? They've got piles of the stuff there.

rogerc23

I browse on here on my normal phone but only ever call and text on my punting phone as i just dont see the point of risking being caught out.

Were all different though,i have a mate who regularly calls and texts girls on his normal phone or even his work blackberry which i think is crazy

cockneybstrd

I browse on here on my normal phone but only ever call and text on my punting phone as i just dont see the point of risking being caught out.

Were all different though,i have a mate who regularly calls and texts girls on his normal phone or even his work blackberry which i think is crazy

Well Roger

Can you pass on a message to your mate for me. Tell him he is bell end for doing it on his work phone. !

Offline Sir Lance-a-lot

Well, no, but you ARE a rapist.  Or a mugger.  Or whatever else a malicious WG says you are when she reports you to the police for writing a negative review of her.

You're handing traceable personal data to someone who could be a bunny-boiler.

rogerc23

Well Roger

Can you pass on a message to your mate for me. Tell him he is bell end for doing it on his work phone. !

I have warned him a few times,he even calls them when abroad,just lucky that no one checks the phone bills!

Offline wristjob

What if she decides to harass you and call you constantly for any reason?

What is you piss her off for some reason and she decides to sign your phone number up for ever double glazing, PPI etc offer going. Bloody handy when your work phone is ringing 30 times a day.

What if she tells the police she was robbed and gives the police your number? Sure it is a load of BS - just not a fun 3 months til they work that out.

What if she sets up a website outing punters and publishes your number? Not hard to get somebody who isn't her to phone up and ask a few questions, possibly get your name.

What if Megan Fox decides she wants to marry you tomorrow and you want to bury any punting history and the idea you might get a touting call in 9 months scares you a bit?

There is no shortage of reasons why you might want to get your punter persona and history and drop it in a bin.

IIRC you said you don't write reviews for discretion reasons - but you give prostitutes your phone number?

Offline superchamp

Even punting phones aren't infallible. I'm single so don't have the problem of a nosey OH but today I called a WG that I'd previously seen. No answer to the call so I went for plan B (a very good plan B as well). Later, on the way home, my phone bleeps to indicate a text received. Text reads " sorry hun, busy all day, call again soon xxx". Moral of the story is turn off, or at least turn the volume off, on your punting phone because you could walk through the door, give your Mrs a little kiss on the cheek, and your secret punting phone suddenly rings or bleeps in your pocket - game over.

Minder

Hey guys, having 2 mobiles wouldn't be ideal, for both punters and wg,

much easier option is a dual sim device for your mobile.

like this

External Link/Members Only

set to your standard sim, or punting sim,

you open an app to switch to sim needed, and stays on that sim until you change it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:57:57 pm by Minder »

Offline smiths

Even punting phones aren't infallible. I'm single so don't have the problem of a nosey OH but today I called a WG that I'd previously seen. No answer to the call so I went for plan B (a very good plan B as well). Later, on the way home, my phone bleeps to indicate a text received. Text reads " sorry hun, busy all day, call again soon xxx". Moral of the story is turn off, or at least turn the volume off, on your punting phone because you could walk through the door, give your Mrs a little kiss on the cheek, and your secret punting phone suddenly rings or bleeps in your pocket - game over.

My punting phone is only on when i am arranging punts, i dont leave it on at other times, problem solved.

jack_walsh

My punting phone is only on when i am arranging punts, i dont leave it on at other times, problem solved.

Same here. Mine's a spare phone we use when on holiday abroad so it's tucked away somewhere. No need for it to be out so I only get it out when I know I can do so without being seen with it. If people are around me then I don't get it out, if it's in my pocket I make sure to put it into silent mode. After the punt all texts, calls, etc. are deleted and the phone set back to normal mode, switched off and put back where everyone knows it lives. It's a right crappy old Nokia so no one in the house will touch it or want to use so it's safe where it is. If someone's phone breaks or is lost/stolen then it's also safe to use as it's even got a payg sim in it with some credit. Cover story, spare phone for emergencies, ready to use.

yorkshire123

My punting phone is the exact make & model of my work phone, its not unusual for me to have multiple phones as i work around the uk & some areas have pretty bad signals for some mobile networks  ;)

Offline wristjob

I reckon if you got a ziplock poly bag, put your phone in it (minus the sim) and hid it in some bushes it would likely be ok and likely still there months later. If it did occasionally go walkies then £15 for a new one. Don't have to be your bushes so awkward questions.

Jim Panzee

IIRC you said you don't write reviews for discretion reasons - but you give prostitutes your phone number?

Yeah well I've got me a new Punting phone now :). Just wanted to hear if there were any dangers that I had not accounted for that's all. It's not like I said I wasn't going to get one.

Cheers to everybody who posted in this thread. :)

k

I occasionally get texts from the mobile provider saying "Top up by x and get free data" or some other marketing message. 

UPDATE:  As I'm sitting here typing that my punting phone springs into life...

"Your 500Mb UK internet for a month has now expired..."