Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Ponzi scheme Madoff dies in prison  (Read 384 times)

Offline Squire Haggard

RIP said nobody at all.

He'll probably be cremated, because there could be a mountain of shit on his grave from people paying their ''respects.''  :)

''WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bernard Madoff, who was convicted for running the largest known Ponzi scheme in history, died on Wednesday in federal prison where he was serving a 150-year sentence, the Bureau of Prisons said.''

External Link/Members Only

Offline mills_and_bhuna

"We can all sleep easily now knowing that this could never happen again "

Said no one ever

Offline winkywanky

Only completed a tiny amount of his sentence of 160 years, the bastid  :rolleyes:.

But he spent 12yrs behind bars, plenty long enough to ruminate on his dirty deeds  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:56:39 am by winkywanky »

Online David1970

Madoff was a member of Palm Beach Country Club and other members sought introductions in hopes of being allowed into an even more exclusive investment club that brought steady, double-digit returns even when the market was down.
He did not need to chases victims they chased him to give him their life savings.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 11:22:57 am by David1970 »

Offline anyfucker

Madoff was a member of Palm Beach Country Club and other members sought introductions in hopes of being allowed into an even more exclusive investment club that brought steady, double-digit returns even when the market was down.
He did not need to chases victims they chased him to give him their life savings.

if it's (the investment return) too good to be true then it isn't
the investors were being greedyand wanted more then they could get by leaving their cash in the bank

Offline winkywanky

More fool them.

But Madoff still deserved what he got. Just because his victims were already stinking rich doesn't excuse what he did in any way.

Offline Blackpool Rock

More fool them.

But Madoff still deserved what he got. Just because his victims were already stinking rich doesn't excuse what he did in any way.
Thing is the article also said it affected charities and pension funds etc so everyone would have been affected to an extent.

Not often these rich fuckers get brought to book as they have too many friends in high places who bale them out and sweep it all under a carpet

Remember about 20 years ago there was some guy in the UK who ripped people off for Millions, think it was pensions, can't remember his name but his legal team wangled it so he basically got let off as he was diagnosed with "Pre senile dementia", a couple of years later the fucker was giving speeches and lectures, fuck all wrong with the cunt  :angry:

Offline winkywanky

Thing is the article also said it affected charities and pension funds etc so everyone would have been affected to an extent.

Not often these rich fuckers get brought to book as they have too many friends in high places who bale them out and sweep it all under a carpet

Remember about 20 years ago there was some guy in the UK who ripped people off for Millions, think it was pensions, can't remember his name but his legal team wangled it so he basically got let off as he was diagnosed with "Pre senile dementia", a couple of years later the fucker was giving speeches and lectures, fuck all wrong with the cunt  :angry:

Yes, I remember that case well...but like yourself, not well enough to remember the cunt's name  :dash:  :D

I can't see why he couldn't later be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice though?  :unknown:

Offline lamboman

With his legitimate trading arm he was in prime position to take advantage of greedy people.SEC did nothing to stop him for years despite warnings, you can still see the results of his dealings as Kevin Bacons' gurning mug is on the tele every day.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Online David1970

Yes, I remember that case well...but like yourself, not well enough to remember the cunt's name  :dash:  :D

I can't see why he couldn't later be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice though?  :unknown:

Remember Ernest Saunders incredible recovery from Alzheimer’s which had got him out of jail.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:58:29 pm by David1970 »

Offline winkywanky

Yes, that's the fucker. Despicable.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Because his corrupt mates and our old boy network ensured he was allowed to take the piss out of our legal system  :diablo:
I do think there is ever increasing transparency as time goes on but for centuries things have frankly been corrupt at the highest level  :angry:

Anyway I knew it had something to do with Guinness, thought that's what he was called  :drinks:

Offline anyfucker

More fool them.

+1

Online willie loman

there was a cartoon at the time, that showed a gaggle of lawyers with glasses raised , saying ,"guiness has been good for us"

Offline Squire Haggard

there was a cartoon at the time, that showed a gaggle of lawyers with glasses raised , saying ,"guiness has been good for us"

Another cartoon at the time was,  'its a takeover, its taking over the whole paper.' I cant really remember, but there could have been full page ads from Distillers and Guiness, with each giving their side of the bid attempt.

Like others above, I remember Ernest Saunders getting his Get Out Of Jail Free Card and then making a full recovery.  :)