Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Murray Walker R.I.P.  (Read 476 times)

Offline Corus Boy

That is a great loss.

Thanks for all the fun Murray!

External Link/Members Only

Offline lamboman

Sad news lovely man,would have been nice if he made 100.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline ratedj

Iconic man with an even more iconic voice who became part of the fabric of Formula One. Not quite sure how he wasn't knighted. Farewell, Murray.

Offline smiths

He WAS Formula 1 when I was interested in it, and he made some great gaffes that were laugh out loud. RIP.

Offline stevedave

The word legend in banded around too much nowadays, but Murray Walker was just that.

I was fortunate enough to meet him on a few occasions and he was simply an absolute gentleman as well.

RIP.

Offline WARSZAWA16

"Lucky is the word: my work has taken me round the world umpteen times to countries I would never otherwise have visited, and I have rubbed shoulders with some outstanding people.

"I have been incredibly, gigantically lucky."

- Murray Walker, 1923-2021

Online mr.bluesky

Sad news.  He will always be the voice of f1 racing. He and James Hunt were an unlikely pairing but they worked well together.

Online Blackpool Rock

Sad news.  He will always be the voice of f1 racing. He and James Hunt were an unlikely pairing but they worked well together.
Well they started off hating each other but at some point there must have been a mutual understanding reached, at one point Murray even had his fist clenched ready to punch Hunt then saw the producer wagging his finger to say no

Murray was in advertising too and came up with the Mars bar slogan "A mars a day helps you work rest and play"

RIP Murray  :hi:

Offline sam vimes

An absolute legend and always been one of my personal heroes R.I.P Murray.

Offline Bogof60

Will be missed.

As already said The voice of F1
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Online Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
An absolute icon..

RIP Murray  :hi: :hi:

Offline Ghost89

“Go! Go! Go!”

I never liked F1 but I did like Murray Walker.

Offline Londonpunter30

Well they started off hating each other but at some point there must have been a mutual understanding reached, at one point Murray even had his fist clenched ready to punch Hunt then saw the producer wagging his finger to say no

Murray was in advertising too and came up with the Mars bar slogan "A mars a day helps you work rest and play"

The mars slogan is an urban myth that he has denied himself several times.  Apparently he did come up with the Opal Fruits “made to make your mouth water” one though

Offline WARSZAWA16

There is a special hour long programme about him on BBC 1 at 10.45 tomorrow (Tuesday) night. It's entitled "Murray Walker: A life in the fast lane".   

Offline Londonpunter30

Offline Corus Boy

There is a special hour long programme about him on BBC 1 at 10.45 tomorrow (Tuesday) night. It's entitled "Murray Walker: A life in the fast lane".   

10:45pm!

I would have thought he deserved a last bit of prime time?

Offline winkywanky

Wow, never knew that.

I wonder if he also came up with Never Hurry a Murray:D

Offline Londonpunter30

Wow, never knew that.

I wonder if he also came up with Never Hurry a Murray:D

You still don’t, its an urban myth that he denied himself

Offline timsussex

he was mainly involved with pet food esp Pal and kit-e-kat

Online mr.bluesky

he was mainly involved with pet food esp Pal and kit-e-kat

Came up with the slogan for Pal dog food
Prolongs
Active
Life
( of course wouldn't be able to use such a slogan today unless it was proven to be true)

Offline nwluvit

Thoroughly enjoyed it, although went way past my usual (these days!!) bedtime.