Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Wandavision is fantastic  (Read 544 times)

Offline punter4life

I just finished the series. It starts off a bit rough because it's confusing, but the payoff in the end is fantastic. And Kathryn Hahn is a gem - she absolutely killed it in her role. Did anyone else watch it?

Offline smilealltheway

I have seen it not sure if I liked it as much, but has set up the future movies, so I am looking forward to what is coming

Offline Yankee41

I too really enjoyed it.  Im hoping Falcon and WS is equally as good.

Offline Rick2468

I just finished the series. It starts off a bit rough because it's confusing, but the payoff in the end is fantastic. And Kathryn Hahn is a gem - she absolutely killed it in her role. Did anyone else watch it?

What is it similar to if there is a series you could compare it to? I was excited when I heard they were making an American Gods series but didn't enjoy that. Isn't WandaVision linked to American Gods? I barely watch TV these days, which is odd given I have so much more spare time given the pandemic.

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
What is it similar to if there is a series you could compare it to? I was excited when I heard they were making an American Gods series but didn't enjoy that. Isn't WandaVision linked to American Gods? I barely watch TV these days, which is odd given I have so much more spare time given the pandemic.

No, it's set after the events of Avengers Endgame, as has been said, it started off slow as you were trying to work out what was going on, but in the end I really enjoyed it. had to really as I like all the Marvel films, can't wait for Season 2, what there has to be a Season 2 they left it open, so many little things to tie up, if you like the Marvel films then this is a must see, it's the first Part of Phase 4, next up - Falcon and The Winter Soldier - External Link/Members Only

:drinks:

Offline Billy no mates

American gods is a completely different thing. Nothing to do with Marvel or any comic franchise.

I suppose the fact it was written originally by an author better known for writing comics, has caused some confusion, but it was in fact a book.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I felt completely the opposite about WandaVision. Started off okay but after about 4 episodes I was slightly bored and had broadly figured out what was going on. The last 3 episodes and the ending itself were pretty shite in my view - last episode felt like it was aimed at girls, Buffy or Twilight fans sort of fare.

As for American Gods it's quite intriguing but I do worry it's going nowhere. They'll keep churning them out til audience tails off and they'll axe it after filming a hurried unsatisfactory ending. I do like Crispin Glover though, can watch him in anything. Seemed liked they'd re-cast his character in S3 but he re-apppeared in Ep4 though. One thing though, nobody seems to have noticed Marilyn Manson is in S3??? Given all the hoo-ha he's currently attracting I worry they might suddenly pull the show.

Offline Rick2468

American gods is a completely different thing. Nothing to do with Marvel or any comic franchise.

I suppose the fact it was written originally by an author better known for writing comics, has caused some confusion, but it was in fact a book.

I read American Gods ages ago and enjoyed it but just didn't get on with the TV show. Similar thing with The Walking Dead, I thought the graphic novels were pretty good (some boring story lines along the way but overall good) but didn't like the TV show.

I thought I read in an article in The Guardian that Wandavision was a spin off of the Media character from American Gods but I clearly was mistaken!

Offline Billy no mates

I read American Gods ages ago and enjoyed it but just didn't get on with the TV show. Similar thing with The Walking Dead, I thought the graphic novels were pretty good (some boring story lines along the way but overall good) but didn't like the TV show.

I thought I read in an article in The Guardian that Wandavision was a spin off of the Media character from American Gods but I clearly was mistaken!

Also read the book and graphic novels.

I didn’t enjoy the book.

I felt exactly the same about the graphic novels, they really dragged, especially in the middle, definitely felt like Kirkman was on cruise mode, but much better than the tv show.

Offline Rick2468

Also read the book and graphic novels.

I didn’t enjoy the book.

I felt exactly the same about the graphic novels, they really dragged, especially in the middle, definitely felt like Kirkman was on cruise mode, but much better than the tv show.

I nearly dropped it a few times because some of the story lines were so dull. I also didn't like Rick much because be was such a goodie two shoes. I was about to give up because it was getting boring but then the Whisperers storyline started which I thought was excellent. I thought the final storyline with The New Order was pretty shit.

A friend of mine read it from the start and has every all 200 odd of the comics in first edition. He has read them so not in mint condition but must be worth more than he paid.

Offline stevedave

I just finished the series.

Has the season actually finished now? I thought they were releasing episodes weekly, on Friday's... how old school!

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
Has the season actually finished now? I thought they were releasing episodes weekly, on Friday's... how old school!

Only 9 Episodes, the upcoming Falcon and Winter Soldier only has 6 episodes in Season 1

Offline PepelePew

No, it's set after the events of Avengers Endgame, as has been said, it started off slow as you were trying to work out what was going on, but in the end I really enjoyed it. had to really as I like all the Marvel films, can't wait for Season 2, what there has to be a Season 2 they left it open, so many little things to tie up, if you like the Marvel films then this is a must see, it's the first Part of Phase 4, next up - Falcon and The Winter Soldier - External Link/Members Only

I really enjoyed the series, it went to a whole other level once they started having the outside world element.

I think Dr Strange 2 is considered a follow up to it, so I'm not sure there will be another series