Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: A****zon Go  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Jimmyredcab

No need to panic.
if you can prove that monies were used in fraudulent manner, bank should cover it.

How exactly would you prove that.   :unknown: :unknown:

You lose your card and the finder buys £300 worth of items, how do I convince the bank that it wasn’t me. ????

Offline Jimmyredcab

No wonder no-one uses bank branches any more.

Shopkeepers still have to visit a branch to pay in cash, yes that may surprise you but some people still buy things with cash.     :hi: :hi:

Offline myothernameis

How exactly would you prove that.   :unknown: :unknown:

You lose your card and the finder buys £300 worth of items, how do I convince the bank that it wasn’t me. ????

Based on where I work, some thing like this has happened, and the loss of the card was reported to the police.   But first of all contact your bank, the minute you realize, you have lost your card, and that card gets cancelled.

Any transactions by contactless not authorized by you, will be covered by the banks insurance, and any fraudulent  transactions refunded.   Once both parties have been informed, a  general request by the police will be done with the shop where the fraud took place, and they check cctv

And most times a few days later, the police turn up at the door of the person, who fraudulently used the bank card

Offline Pete123

All these cards and and payment apps is promoted as to be safer to protect your money
If your cards get hacked or stolen you could be cleaned out of everything before you get home
If you've got a £100 in your back pocket that's all your going to lose
Banned reason: Troll. I can’t take his shit anymore
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline finn5555

It’s the future embrace it as we are heading for a cashless society  :D

Offline Pete123

I know
But it's a dangerous route to go
What happens if there are power failures as in Texas
Or the symptoms get  computer virus as happened with the NHS a few years ago
Or all the information gets lost as happened with the home office computer systems
The big banks are always under attack and now make an allowance in their profits due to hacking etc

Offline Blackpool Rock

I know
But it's a dangerous route to go
What happens if there are power failures as in Texas
Or the symptoms get  computer virus as happened with the NHS a few years ago
Or all the information gets lost as happened with the home office computer systems
The big banks are always under attack and now make an allowance in their profits due to hacking etc
I believe that statistically it's safer for an individual to buy things on line than going down their high street and risk having their wallet lost or stolen etc

The "What if" doesn't stack up either -
What if there is a power failure and people can't pay cash as the electric cash register won't work
I believe a lot of the NHS issues surrounded them still using Windows XP which was notoriously easy to hack
All the info is already online somewhere
What if we all go back to cash, will we start seeing armed robberies of wages heists again, I worked somewhere in the early 90's that got bought out by another company and all wages were then paid into bank accounts, apparently the new company saved a fortune on the insurance payments  :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Based on where I work, some thing like this has happened, and the loss of the card was reported to the police.   But first of all contact your bank, the minute you realize, you have lost your card, and that card gets cancelled.

Any transactions by contactless not authorized by you, will be covered by the banks insurance, and any fraudulent  transactions refunded.   Once both parties have been informed, a  general request by the police will be done with the shop where the fraud took place, and they check cctv

And most times a few days later, the police turn up at the door of the person, who fraudulently used the bank card

Thanks for the info.   :hi:

So if I want to defraud my card company I go into shops that have no CCTV, spend a few hundred pounds and then report the card missing.    :thumbsup:

Online Chorley

Or actually live in the modern world, download and app and be able to switch your card on and off via said app if you misplace it?  :rolleyes:

Offline mr.bluesky

Oh Dear, here we go again.  :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

Some things are forced on us, we have no choice.

I remember when you could phone a company with a query and speak to a real person, now you have to speak to a robot for five minutes first.  :bomb:

Then get diverted to a call centre the other side of the world  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

Or actually live in the modern world, download and app and be able to switch your card on and off via said app if you misplace it?  :rolleyes:

Providing you have a smart phone which a lot of elderly people don't   :unknown:

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Providing you have a smart phone which a lot of elderly people don't   :unknown:
Define what you class as 'elderly'. 

Offline mr.bluesky

People in their late 60's onward  :unknown:

Offline RogerBoner

I had a lot of money fraudulently taken from an account and the UK bank refunded it within days. Same thing happened to my father twice. On another occasion I was speaking from my home landline when he suddenly asked if I was in TKMaxx in Miami. They only got a couple of thousand and I got a refund after showing my passport in the branch.

It has put me off a bit.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
People in their late 60's onward  :unknown:
Everyone in that age group that I know have smart phones? most use the likes of WhatsApp and Facetime along with other apps as well.   :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Everyone in that age group that I know have smart phones? most use the likes of WhatsApp and Facetime along with other apps as well.   :unknown:

And I know a few who don't and still use a bog standard Nokia phone because all they want a phone for is to make phone calls  (or perhaps all these simple phones are being snapped up by punters as a second phone to use for punting)  :D There are plenty on the market to buy so someone must still be using them.  :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 07:03:19 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
And I know a few who don't and still use a bog standard Nokia phone because all they want a phone for is to make phone calls :unknown: (or perhaps all these simple phones are being snapped up by punters as a second phone to use for punting )  :D
There's load of people like that, some embrace modern technology others don't, age has nothing to do with it.

Offline Jimmyredcab

And I know a few who don't and still use a bog standard Nokia phone because all they want a phone for is to make phone calls  (or perhaps all these simple phones are being snapped up by punters as a second phone to use for punting)  :D There are plenty on the market to buy so someone must still be using them.  :unknown:

That’s me.    :hi: :hi: :hi:

I recently had to dump my old Nokia because the new SIM card issued by Virgin wouldn’t work.

Bought a phone called “Doro” for £20 and it works perfectly.

Of course a young person would be ashamed to be seen using it.

Some people must have the latest I-phone as soon as it comes out.     :crazy:

Offline mr.bluesky

There's load of people like that, some embrace modern technology others don't, age has nothing to do with it.

True - but it is generally older people who are reluctant to embrace modern technology. Older people tend to be "stuck in their ways or perhaps I'm being unfair on the older generation  :unknown:

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
True - but it is generally older people who are reluctant to embrace modern technology. Older people tend to be "stuck in their ways or perhaps I'm being unfair on the older generation :unknown:
You are, along with massively underestimating the capabilities of a large number of them. 

Offline advent2016

I tried the store in Ealing. Scanned the App to enter and picked up items and walked out and it charged me the correct amount. I've used similar stores before in USA. Google did a similar demo in their office in London and with a partner at a large IT company.
A pretty young lady tried to interview me when I was leaving

Offline mr.bluesky

That’s me.    :hi: :hi: :hi:

I recently had to dump my old Nokia because the new SIM card issued by Virgin wouldn’t work.

Bought a phone called “Doro” for £20 and it works perfectly.

Of course a young person would be ashamed to be seen using it.

Your a dying breed them Jimmy . Get yourself a smartphone
 :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

Your a dying breed them Jimmy . Get yourself a smartphone
 :D

Why on earth would I need a smartphone when I have a fairly new I-pad.     :unknown: :unknown:

Offline lamboman

True - but it is generally older people who are reluctant to embrace modern technology. Older people tend to be "stuck in their ways or perhaps I'm being unfair on the older generation  :unknown:

Don't think so I'd imagine pretty much zero young people don't have a smart phone if they do have a mobile,whereas plenty of oldies do.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline David1970

Agree with you Jimmy, never seen the point of the latest over priced I-phone, Apple products are well over priced, paying for a name.

I have a 3 year old Galaxy phone for work, and a non smart phone for punting which cost me £10 from Tesco’s.

Offline king tarzan

Agree with you Jimmy, never seen the point of the latest over priced I-phone, Apple products are well over priced, paying for a name.

I have a 3 year old Galaxy phone for work, and a non smart phone for punting which cost me £10 from Tesco’s.

Over priced Chinese made rubbish

I am firm believer in buy good quality once to last at least 10 years..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline paper7

No one is forcing you to enter the store, it’s your choice. All supermarkets and most small stores have CCTV so why pick on Am**zon?
Yep, it's your money, your choice. No-one forces you through the main entrance.

Offline Pete123

Years ago stuff was built to last
My first kettle lasted at leas 20 years
Now stuff tends to last 5 years or a bit longer
Cars too
Something goes wrong you have to replace a whole unit
When only a tiny bit has broken
Many of the simplest things seem over engineered
Why do washing machines need so many different cycles
Mobile phones with so many settings and functions most people never use

Offline king tarzan

Years ago stuff was built to last
My first kettle lasted at leas 20 years
Now stuff tends to last 5 years or a bit longer
Cars too
Something goes wrong you have to replace a whole unit
When only a tiny bit has broken
Many of the simplest things seem over engineered
Why do washing machines need so many different cycles
Mobile phones with so many settings and functions most people never use

Nowadays stuff is shit

Long gone are the days of long lasting heavily built electronic
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline catweazle

An acquaintance of mine works for a company who do the fitting out of new and refurbished Aldi stores. Aldi are gearing up for the same "no tills" concept as this A****** store. He says they've been working on it for months now.

Online Yankee21

thank you for explaining.
Saved me doing it.

Offline advent2016

My neighbour used to wank over online banking as to how super great it was untill he got swindled out of £5k..
Sure changed his time then..
My hairy ass is it 100% foul proof as they lead us to believe

Most people "Swindled" fail the public house test. If a stranger in a public house (possibly wearing a hat with a sign saying "Trusted Bank Employee") said to you over a drink "Criminals have taken over you bank account and you MUST give me all your banking details, logins, passwords, mother's maiden name, name of your childhood pet AND I will protect the money by transferring it to my SAFE account" In the pub you'd pour the beer over his head or say "Do you have any better jokes?"

Offline David1970

Most people "Swindled" fail the public house test. If a stranger in a public house (possibly wearing a hat with a sign saying "Trusted Bank Employee") said to you over a drink "Criminals have taken over you bank account and you MUST give me all your banking details, logins, passwords, mother's maiden name, name of your childhood pet AND I will protect the money by transferring it to my SAFE account" In the pub you'd pour the beer over his head or say "Do you have any better jokes?"

Some people are so thick they should not be allowed money.
My friend with benefits works in a bank, the stories she tells me about people giving away their money to obvious scammers are hilarious. One person kept buying fine wine from a company in London on line, who keep it in a cellar for him, he has never seen the wine. Police got involved and he said the police were lying when they told him he had been scammers out of thousands. A few weeks later he started buying gold minted coins that are kept in a vault for security, bank phoned the police again.