Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sex For Rent  (Read 1684 times)

Offline cotton

the beardy fatty bloke in the story is no mate of mine
the law seems clear - sex for rent is an offence whether the girl does so freely or not
I was however very interested to explore what constituted 'exploitation' on a discussion forum dedicated to prostitution
Interesting subject.
Obviously theres alot we dont know about the details of this particular case. 
Clearly its about targetting undesireable exploitative and controlling behaviour , the same as happens in other areas of prostitution.
So where a person controls a vulnerable person and exploits them that qualifies , for example foreign gangs who move girls about dont allow them free movement and takes their passports.
Like i said we dont know all the details about this case.  If its just a guy puts an advert in craigslist offering rent for sex , a girl replies of her own free will , listens to the proposed offer and thinks yeh that sounds good and agrees , all the time having the option not to do it or leave and find alternative accomodation then that woudnt seem to qualify as control and exploitation in the same way as the previously mentioned example.
If the CPS are lowering the bar for what qualifies as control/exploitation to include girls who act voluntarily but out of dire personal necessity then that might complicate alot of sex 4 money arrangements.

Offline Milfman1112

Bit confused by this, isn't it consensual?

If he says yes you can live here but instead of money you give me sex, bit creepy agreed but surely they agreed?  And I can't see any mention of him pimping them on.

External Link/Members Only

External Link/Members Only

Seriously?
You are asling that?

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Interesting subject.
Obviously theres alot we dont know about the details of this particular case. 
Clearly its about targetting undesireable exploitative and controlling behaviour , the same as happens in other areas of prostitution.
So where a person controls a vulnerable person and exploits them that qualifies , for example foreign gangs who move girls about dont allow them free movement and takes their passports.
Like i said we dont know all the details about this case.  If its just a guy puts an advert in craigslist offering rent for sex , a girl replies of her own free will , listens to the proposed offer and thinks yeh that sounds good and agrees , all the time having the option not to do it or leave and find alternative accomodation then that woudnt seem to qualify as control and exploitation in the same way as the previously mentioned example.
If the CPS are lowering the bar for what qualifies as control/exploitation to include girls who act voluntarily but out of dire personal necessity then that might complicate alot of sex 4 money arrangements.
I can't believe yet another one on here condoning the exploitation of vulnerably young girls.   :thumbsdown:

Offline Paris69

Yep still be seen as predatory when the exchange is sexual.

The landlord is holding power advantage when the other party is seeking basic human need of shelter. The power tilt will always be in the favor of the landlord, so even when the consent is given, it can't be seen 100% free will due to the advantageous position one party holds over the other.

Your point was about the landlord not needing the money, and being well off which which is irrelevant..
Banned reason: Idiot fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline cotton

I can't believe yet another one on here condoning the exploitation of vulnerably young girls.   :thumbsdown:
How am i condoning the exploitation of vulnerable young girls  :unknown:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
How am i condoning the exploitation of vulnerable young girls  :unknown:
"If its just a guy puts an advert in craigslist offering rent for sex". It's illegal yet you are making excuses for this bloke.

'Sex for Rent' Arrangements and Advertisements
There have been, in recent times, an increase in reports of advertisements posted on classified advertising websites, such as Craigslist, where landlords offer accommodation in exchange for sex. Such arrangements can lead to the exploitation of highly vulnerable persons who are struggling to obtain accommodation.

Like I have already said on this thread, in THIS case the CPS feel they have enough evidence to prosecute so they have done and they have after considering if it is in the public interest to do so.

I have posted a link to an 'exploitation' thread where discussion of the issue in general can be continued.

Offline notcalledchris

If its just a guy puts an advert in craigslist offering rent for sex , a girl replies of her own free will , listens to the proposed offer and thinks yeh that sounds good and agrees , all the time having the option not to do it or leave and find alternative accomodation then that woudnt seem to qualify as control and exploitation in the same way as the previously mentioned example.
I'd draw a moral  distinction between a sleazy landlord propositioning an existing tenant with the implied threat that she will become homeless if she doesn't agree, and an advert which clearly sets out a proposal and which a prospective tenant is free to accept or reject.

Online LLPunting

I'd draw a moral  distinction between a sleazy landlord propositioning an existing tenant with the implied threat that she will become homeless if she doesn't agree, and an advert which clearly sets out a proposal and which a prospective tenant is free to accept or reject.

The second one is solicitation, also illegal.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

The second one is solicitation, also illegal.

Not that I agree with the condoning of any of it but I do understand where the confusion or contention can lie.

If the landlord knew the person was homeless and was still offering accodmoation for sex then completely understand this is predatory. What about if he wasnt aware and the advert was accepted by the lady in question, does it make it any more acceptable or not?

Its just a interesting moral question and although i personally agree it's pretty deplorable regardless if he knew or not, guess the predatory/ taking advantage point that people are trying to discuss or rationalise is where the differences lie.

Online LLPunting

Not that I agree with the condoning of any of it but I do understand where the confusion or contention can lie.

If the landlord knew the person was homeless and was still offering accodmoation for sex then completely understand this is predatory. What about if he wasnt aware and the advert was accepted by the lady in question, does it make it any more acceptable or not?

Its just a interesting moral question and although i personally agree it's pretty deplorable regardless if he knew or not, guess the predatory/ taking advantage point that people are trying to discuss or rationalise is where the differences lie.

It's irrelevant as to what's driving the tenant's need for a new residence, the illegality begins with any unsolicited proposal of sex in lieu of rent, it probably gets worse if the landlord becomes aware of any desperation or financial difficulty the prospective tenant has.
Remember this could be happening to your nearest and dearest up and down the family tree, whatever their gender might be.

Offline paper7

Show me in where the CPS classify any of the other things you are brining up as illegal. Stop trying to trivialise the exploitation of the vulnerable.

Women use sex as a reward in all walks of life and that is not the same as this lowlife scum.
+1. Thoroughly agree.