Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Going green environmentally friendly  (Read 996 times)

Offline Pete123

As I get older I feel I am getting greener
I look at the environment more and notice things like nice looking trees and birds singing etc.
Also I don't eat so much meat because I feel sorry for the animals..
I also read somewhere the EU had passed a law that mealworms were ok for humans
A few years ago I  would have been dead against that.
But now if they made them into something tasty i wouldn't mind eating them if it was helping the environment,
My point is really do any of you get more green as you get older
Banned reason: Troll. I can’t take his shit anymore
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline The0neAnd0nly

The only green I see is envy when looking in the mirror after reading some reports from our punting brethren! Lucky bar stewards!!

Seriously though every little helps, I've become a big recylcer at home and at work (pre Covid) and currently looking into bikes for the commute. May start a new topic on this

Offline lillythesavage

I look at the environment more and notice things like nice looking trees and birds singing etc.
But now if they made them into something tasty i wouldn't mind eating them if it was helping the environment,

Yes we are all getting a little greener, do not think it is an age thing, older minds set in their ways are harder to change.

It is the constant bombarding of our minds with Global warming, pollution, rubbish in the sea and many other things, I think the truth is there is a big money to be earned, by big business and revenue raising by Governments, local councils etc. The working class are being priced out of living, by poor wages and green taxes.
The Earth is just going through another cycle as it has done many times before, that is my cynical view anyway.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Define "Green", I certainly see a lot of "Greenwashing" with people believing things to be environmental when they aren't but as already said there is big money to be made around these things.

The current big war on plastic is a load of shit and the public have been force fed this crap.
Plastic is actually a very energy efficient material compared to other materials so take for instance a plastic drinks bottle Vs a glass one then the plastic one creates far less CO2 to make than the glass one.
But all people see is plastic washed up on a beach and declare that all plastic is bad when actually it isn't, the plastic wasn't designed to be discarded in a hedge; river or the sea etc, the plastic isn't inherently bad but peoples thoughtless disposal of it is  :hi:

Same with buying a new "Green" car which pollutes far more on a global scale having to make a new one than keeping the car you already have until it's too old and can't be fixed

Offline Jimmyredcab

The current big war on plastic is a load of shit and the public have been force fed this crap.

I have zero interest in green issues but I did support the scrapping of single use plastic bags in supermarkets, we were getting through billions of them but seem to have managed without them.

Offline scutty brown

I find condoms get greener with age as I reuse them
I guess I must have the wrong settings on the washing machine

Offline lamboman

I do my recycling when I could just lob it in the bin and try not to waste water whether these make a difference I've no idea.
Mind I have a car that does 7mpg which probably isn't very green.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Blackpool Rock

I have zero interest in green issues but I did support the scrapping of single use plastic bags in supermarkets, we were getting through billions of them but seem to have managed without them.
I almost mentioned carrier bags but didn't, biggest farce of all time as a lot of people now use the heavy weight bags for life as single use ones  :dash:
I did read somewhere that despite the number of bags being sold drastically decreasing more plastic was actually being used now than before  :dash:

Offline JontyR

But its about re-use as well as recycling. A glass bottle is used many many times. Or can be. Look at the milk rounds.

You are right about disposal though.

Offline Blackpool Rock

But its about re-use as well as recycling. A glass bottle is used many many times. Or can be. Look at the milk rounds.

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree we should be looking to be greener and all do our bit but it's the "Greenwashing" I don't like.
I put my cans and bottles etc in my recycling bin but we also need to factor in that a diesel powered lorry then need to come and pick it up then it needs cleaning / washing; sorting; shredding; processing etc and that's after i've used water to clean it first.

Glass and metal while being infinitely recyclable also used more energy to make in the first place and more energy to recycle than a plastic bottle plus it's heavier so take more energy to transport.

If you look at a complete cradle to grave impact plastic is actually good but all the industries claim to be the most environmental but they can't all be

Offline cotton

At the moment mankind is just taking small reactive measures to mitigate the damage its doing, which is a start i guess, but we fundamentally needs to manage ourself in terms of numbers and resources , but addressing topics like this just isnt politically viable atm . only when shit really starts to go south will people care and then it will possibly be too late.  Thats the problem with democracy , no long term strategic thinking is possible because its all about short term popularity with the voters and the voters just want cheap stuff and lots of it and the planet is paying the price. Im not optimistic.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

Do you think you could eliminate meat completely? Just asking as it’s a subject I’m passionate about (don’t want to come across as preachy just genuinely interested? I’m not a crazy sandal wearing vegan (yet!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:01:42 pm by Lou2019 »

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
At the moment mankind is just taking small reactive measures to mitigate the damage its doing, which is a start i guess, but we fundamentally needs to manage ourself in terms of numbers and resources , but addressing topics like this just isnt politically viable atm . only when shit really starts to go south will people care and then it will possibly be too late.  Thats the problem with democracy , no long term strategic thinking is possible because its all about short term popularity with the voters and the voters just want cheap stuff and lots of it and the planet is paying the price. Im not optimistic.

mankind will never be able to repair the damage it’s caused

Offline twotight

just because its legal doesn't mean its tasty and remember most saturated food is only good because its fool of sugar and fats

Offline lostandfound

Well we're not the problem IMO, as in terms of emissions the UK is a rounding error compared to larger countries.

China, the US, India and Russia are huge emitters compared to us, and at least two of them are not democracies like ours.

Offline Xtro

I find condoms get greener with age as I reuse them
I guess I must have the wrong settings on the washing machine

:lol:   :lol: 
Don't forget Scutty, you have to hang them out to dry...... next to your tea bags.  :cool:

Things are designed and manufactured to have built-in obsolescence. Sealed parts that cannot be repaired and costly parts that make it sometimes more cost effective to buy a new item.
This light bulb has been on for 115 years - External Link/Members Only

Incidentally, the first diesel engine was created to run on vegetable oil, (no harmful emissions).
The tragic story of the man who invented diesel - and why he would turn in his grave | BBC Ideas -
External Link/Members Only

..... And many early petrol engine were run on ethanol, vegetable based again. Due to prohibition, alcohol was not only banned from drinking it, but it couldn't be used as a fuel either, so further development was discontinued and the oil based kerosine or petrol was used.
Yes, Tin Lizzie Was An Alcoholic -

Do you think you could eliminate meat completely? Just asking as it’s a subject I’m passionate about (don’t want to come across as preachy just genuinely interested? I’m not a crazy sandal wearing vegan (yet!)

I doubt it. There will always be a collective "animal produce" lobby and a willing Government dept.
Frankenmeat will get promoted, (Bill Gates) but there will always be people that want the real thing; à la fur coats.
People might label someone that promotes the idea to eat less meat/dairy as a vegan because it makes them feel more comfortable by putting you in a box! This happened to me recently on another thread. Oh well.   :hi:

Offline cotton

:lol:   :lol: 
Don't forget Scutty, you have to hang them out to dry...... next to your tea bags.  :cool:
FFS guys thats  a serious waste of resources not to mention polluting the water supply  , your better off just turning them inside out like you do with your underpants  :thumbsup:

Online RogerBoner

Offline lamboman

This is worth having a scroll through.
 :hi:

Yes been some stinking expert predictions which swiftly get swept under the green carpet and as has been said a lot of greenwashing.
Anyway time for avocados for tea as they are much better for the planet than eating a steak.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Xtro

Revealed: the enormous carbon footprint of eating avocado -

But you did make the right choice!   :thumbsup:

Offline Jimmyredcab

I almost mentioned carrier bags but didn't, biggest farce of all time as a lot of people now use the heavy weight bags for life as single use ones  :dash:
I did read somewhere that despite the number of bags being sold drastically decreasing more plastic was actually being used now than before  :dash:

Whatever I say you will come up with a counter argument.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My supermarket bags cost me £1 each from Poundland and I have used them for the last year, maybe longer.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Whatever I say you will come up with a counter argument.     :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My supermarket bags cost me £1 each from Poundland and I have used them for the last year, maybe longer.
It wasn't intentionally done to simply counter your statement but i've always said the carrier bag tax was a load of shit, big on spin and small on substance.
Have to say i've never bought a carrier bag yet, still using some of the single use ones I had when the introduced the charge and I also had a few of the bag for life ones which they replace FOC  :thumbsup:

Offline chrishornx

get real Jimmy BR said he thought the current big war on plastic was a load of shit and the public have been force fed this crap and it was you that countered saying the ban on single plastic bags was a good idea .- if anything you start the argument
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:30:28 pm by chrishornx »

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
As I understand it the problem with plastic is that it does not break down, it encases just about everything and will be with us forever.

Offline Blackpool Rock

As I understand it the problem with plastic is that it does not break down, it encases just about everything and will be with us forever.
Depends what you mean by "Break down".

If carelessly discarded and ending up in a river or sea etc then it does break down but only into smaller and smaller pieces until it becomes "Micro plastic", this then gets mistaken as food by fish and smaller creatures so then ends up in the food chain but gives no nutritional value to the animal and can then lead to hunger / starvation especially if it becomes lodged in the digestive system so yes a big problem.

Plastic doesn't break down and disappear altogether so it's not like organic plant based material, I did see a quote that plastic waste lasts longer than nuclear waste so yes again in that sense it's a big problem.

I'm now identifying that there are big problems with plastic however again i'd point out that the plastic was never designed to end up in the sea etc.
Plastic as with all materials should be reduced; reused and then recycled and while metal is endlessly recyclable without affecting the quality unfortunately with plastic the quality reduces every time it's used / recycled so it becomes a lower and lower grade.

With plastic we need to learn to use the lower grade stuff for things where high quality and imperfections isn't crucial such as traffic cones / bollards; park benches etc
Once the quality is such that it's hard to reuse then it can be incinerated to recover the energy, the problem here is that again the public perception is that incineration is bad for the environment however modern plants capture carbon emissions etc to make sure they don't pollute

I'm a big fan of renewable energy such as wind; solar; tidal etc but what we need are facts and a sensible argument rather than the sensational knee jerk bullshit we're being fed

Offline RedKettle

get real Jimmy BR said he thought the current big war on plastic was a load of shit and the public have been force fed this crap and it was you that countered saying the ban on single plastic bags was a good idea .- if anything you start the argument

I am no fan of jimmy and disagree with pretty much everything he posts but can you stop picking a fight with him on every thread he posts on? It gets boring. 

He gave a very reasonable response to the point being made which helps develop the thread.

Offline RedKettle

Depends what you mean by "Break down".

If carelessly discarded and ending up in a river or sea etc then it does break down but only into smaller and smaller pieces until it becomes "Micro plastic", this then gets mistaken as food by fish and smaller creatures so then ends up in the food chain but gives no nutritional value to the animal and can then lead to hunger / starvation especially if it becomes lodged in the digestive system so yes a big problem.

Plastic doesn't break down and disappear altogether so it's not like organic plant based material, I did see a quote that plastic waste lasts longer than nuclear waste so yes again in that sense it's a big problem.

I'm now identifying that there are big problems with plastic however again i'd point out that the plastic was never designed to end up in the sea etc.
Plastic as with all materials should be reduced; reused and then recycled and while metal is endlessly recyclable without affecting the quality unfortunately with plastic the quality reduces every time it's used / recycled so it becomes a lower and lower grade.

With plastic we need to learn to use the lower grade stuff for things where high quality and imperfections isn't crucial such as traffic cones / bollards; park benches etc
Once the quality is such that it's hard to reuse then it can be incinerated to recover the energy, the problem here is that again the public perception is that incineration is bad for the environment however modern plants capture carbon emissions etc to make sure they don't pollute

I'm a big fan of renewable energy such as wind; solar; tidal etc but what we need are facts and a sensible argument rather than the sensational knee jerk bullshit we're being fed

We need individual people to assume responsibility and take lots of small steps to reduce the problem we are facing.  It is great that people are trying to reduce single use plastic and whilst it may not all be effective it is doing some good.  More importantly by feeling they are helping it encourages them to get more involved and do other things.  When people start rubbishing it and calling it green washing it dishearten them and they stop.  If you believe we are facing an environmental problem you should be positive and encourage.

Speaking personally I have been on that journey myself over the past few years and am now much better at reducing plastic use and looking to avoid unnecessary packaging etc.  Also reduced consumption of meat.  Nothing that impacts my lifestyle particularly, would still fly etc etc.  But it is easy to use a bag for life or have a refillable coffee cup handy when I am out and about.

Offline Blackpool Rock

We need individual people to assume responsibility and take lots of small steps to reduce the problem we are facing.  It is great that people are trying to reduce single use plastic and whilst it may not all be effective it is doing some good.  More importantly by feeling they are helping it encourages them to get more involved and do other things.  When people start rubbishing it and calling it green washing it dishearten them and they stop.  If you believe we are facing an environmental problem you should be positive and encourage.

Speaking personally I have been on that journey myself over the past few years and am now much better at reducing plastic use and looking to avoid unnecessary packaging etc.  Also reduced consumption of meat.  Nothing that impacts my lifestyle particularly, would still fly etc etc.  But it is easy to use a bag for life or have a refillable coffee cup handy when I am out and about.
I agree everybody should take some responsibility and try to reduce their own personal impact however my point about greenwashing is valid and to ignore it is actually adding to the problem.

Again i'll state that the "War on plastic" as being the be all and end all is potentially damaging the environment while at the same time leading people to think they are positively doing their bit.
So take for example someone who purchases a beverage specifically because it's packed in a glass bottle rather than a plastic one, they think they have helped to save the planet however the carbon footprint of the glass pack is larger than the plastic one.

A bag for life uses more plastic than a single use one and studies have shown that on average they simply aren't used enough times to justify the extra plastic used and the extra energy needed to make them.
Again people think they are doing the right thing as that's the message they have been given but they've been greenwashed as the single use ones are less damaging for the environment.

Same with non plastic bags made from cotton etc people think they are great for not even having a plastic one but when you analyse it on a global scale you realise that cotton requires a shit load of water to grow and process it
Just look at the impact growing cotton has had on the Aral sea, in 40 years the volume has dropped by 80% and the salinity increased to a level where everything is now dead
External Link/Members Only.

The refillable coffee cup does appear to be a good idea especially if it's made from recycled plastic as those standard disposable cups aren't at all good due to being made from mixed materials which is the worst thing as it makes it a pig to recycle

Offline Jimmyredcab

I am no fan of jimmy and disagree with pretty much everything he posts but can you stop picking a fight with him on every thread he posts on? It gets boring. 

Thank you Sir, I thought it might just be my imagination.

I thought all this point scoring would end with the departure of James999, it’s actually now worse than ever.  :thumbsdown:

Offline Jimmyredcab

It wasn't intentionally done to simply counter your statement but i've always said the carrier bag tax was a load of shit.

It wasn’t a “tax”, the government brought in the charge but took none of the proceeds.     :hi:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline The Outsider

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree we should be looking to be greener and all do our bit but it's the "Greenwashing" I don't like.
I put my cans and bottles etc in my recycling bin but we also need to factor in that a diesel powered lorry then need to come and pick it up then it needs cleaning / washing; sorting; shredding; processing etc and that's after i've used water to clean it first.

Glass and metal while being infinitely recyclable also used more energy to make in the first place and more energy to recycle than a plastic bottle plus it's heavier so take more energy to transport.

If you look at a complete cradle to grave impact plastic is actually good but all the industries claim to be the most environmental but they can't all be

Excellent point.  Too many "environmental" decisions are made without considering the big picture. Plastic also helps to protect and preserve food for longer, reducing wastage.  Every action has consequences. 

Offline The Outsider

Well we're not the problem IMO, as in terms of emissions the UK is a rounding error compared to larger countries.

China, the US, India and Russia are huge emitters compared to us, and at least two of them are not democracies like ours.

The trouble is that China are making things for us to buy here. So actually our pollution being emitted by China, and with fewer environmental standards than if things were manufactured here. 

Offline Blackpool Rock

It wasn’t a “tax”, the government brought in the charge but took none of the proceeds.     :hi:

Hidden Image/Members Only
And you accused me of posting something to simply counter your post  :dash:

So "technically" not a tax but commonly referred to as such in the same way that vehicle excise duty is referred to as car tax and the community charge was referred to as the poll tax etc etc

Still doesn't get around the fact that it's a load of shit  :hi:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Excellent point.  Too many "environmental" decisions are made without considering the big picture. Plastic also helps to protect and preserve food for longer, reducing wastage.  Every action has consequences.
Yes food is a good example especially for packing meat where the shelf life can be vastly extended by nitrogen flushing the goods and vacuum packing it.
Given that meat production itself isn't particularly environmental then if you can stop it being wasted it's a big win, food waste in itself is fairly immoral IMHO when some people don't have enough food to eat

Offline RedKettle

I agree everybody should take some responsibility and try to reduce their own personal impact however my point about greenwashing is valid and to ignore it is actually adding to the problem.

Again i'll state that the "War on plastic" as being the be all and end all is potentially damaging the environment while at the same time leading people to think they are positively doing their bit.
So take for example someone who purchases a beverage specifically because it's packed in a glass bottle rather than a plastic one, they think they have helped to save the planet however the carbon footprint of the glass pack is larger than the plastic one.

A bag for life uses more plastic than a single use one and studies have shown that on average they simply aren't used enough times to justify the extra plastic used and the extra energy needed to make them.
Again people think they are doing the right thing as that's the message they have been given but they've been greenwashed as the single use ones are less damaging for the environment.

Same with non plastic bags made from cotton etc people think they are great for not even having a plastic one but when you analyse it on a global scale you realise that cotton requires a shit load of water to grow and process it
Just look at the impact growing cotton has had on the Aral sea, in 40 years the volume has dropped by 80% and the salinity increased to a level where everything is now dead
External Link/Members Only.

The refillable coffee cup does appear to be a good idea especially if it's made from recycled plastic as those standard disposable cups aren't at all good due to being made from mixed materials which is the worst thing as it makes it a pig to recycle

You are right on cotton - terrible impact in many places and we need to address the throw away fashion trends.

I just do not think you are right on plastic bags, especially if you take into account the damage of thrown away plastic as well as energy etc used in them.  Even if you are right the answer is not to be critical and make people feel they are wasting their time but educate and encourage to do better - use that bag for life more often etc etc.   The last time I looked into  it the figures seemed very good.

Offline Jimmyredcab

So "technically" not a tax but commonly referred to as such in the same way that vehicle excise duty is referred to as car tax and the community charge was referred to as the poll tax etc etc

The word “tax” is frequently misused, for example “ bedroom tax”, there is no such thing.

Excise duty is simply a new way of describing road tax, it is still a tax and goes into government coffers.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I just do not think you are right on plastic bags, especially if you take into account the damage of thrown away plastic as well as energy etc used in them.  Even if you are right the answer is not to be critical and make people feel they are wasting their time but educate and encourage to do better - use that bag for life more often etc etc.   The last time I looked into  it the figures seemed very good.

I visit the supermarket almost every day, just to get out of the house for an hour, I see very few people buying the 10 pence “bags for life”, most seem to be using the more expensive canvas type of bag that costs around 60 pence, these can last for a year or more. How many single use bags would have been got through in a year. ?????

Offline Blackpool Rock

You are right on cotton - terrible impact in many places and we need to address the throw away fashion trends.

But on the plastic bags they are energy efficient compared to many other options, again the cradle to grave life cycle needs to be considered.
I also agree with you on educating people and my intention isn't / wasn't to criticise people who are trying to do the right thing but unfortunately the official line appears to be steering people in that direction

This article was top of the list when I searched but environmental campaigners who look closely at these things appear to be calling for the thicker bags for life to be banned as it's led to more plastic being used so exactly opposite to the intention

This one also mirrors the same thing

This one has some interesting facts including that an organic cotton bag needs to be used 20000 times to have the same overall environmental impact as 1 single use plastic bag
Wonder how many people who have done the "Right thing" and saved the planet by buying the organic cotton bag know they should have gone with the thin plastic one, it's stuff like this that leads me to use the "Greenwashing" label

Offline Blackpool Rock

I visit the supermarket almost every day, just to get out of the house for an hour, I see very few people buying the 10 pence “bags for life”, most seem to be using the more expensive canvas type of bag that costs around 60 pence, these can last for a year or more. How many single use bags would have been got through in a year. ?????
See my last post you may have to use an organic cotton bag 20000 times to get it as green as a plastic bag, not realistic really  :scare:

Offline Jimmyredcab

See my last post you may have to use an organic cotton bag 20000 times to get it as green as a plastic bag, not realistic really  :scare:

I refuse to accept that stupid brain dead figure.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I refuse to accept that stupid brain dead figure.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yeah sorry Jimmy I forgot you like to ignore facts  :hi:

Offline Pete123

I remember when we were kids there was always a load of used packing boxes in the corner of the supermarket and we used those to transport the stuff home and used them again at home or in the garage to store stuff until they fell apart...
We still do it at lidl as they leave them lying around
The other supermarkets seem to chop them up quickly and are not so available

Offline Blackpool Rock

I remember when we were kids there was always a load of used packing boxes in the corner of the supermarket and we used those to transport the stuff home and used them again at home or in the garage to store stuff until they fell apart...
We still do it at lidl as they leave them lying around
The other supermarkets seem to chop them up quickly and are not so available
Yeah I remember that too; haven't seen it in my Lidl but i'm sure some of their stores will do it, my guess is that waste boxes piled up by the checkouts doesn't look good but Lidl aren't as polished or image conscious as the like of Tesco etc

It's exactly that sort of thing that the supermarkets should be doing to reduce environmental impact as reuse has zero negative impact on the environment  :thumbsup:
Unfortunately the big boys don't want the store to look untidy and are more concerned with virtue signalling about how they send the waste boxes back to be recycled and have recycling bins in the car park (How much metal in one of those containers  :unknown:)

Offline RedKettle

But on the plastic bags they are energy efficient compared to many other options, again the cradle to grave life cycle needs to be considered.
I also agree with you on educating people and my intention isn't / wasn't to criticise people who are trying to do the right thing but unfortunately the official line appears to be steering people in that direction

This article was top of the list when I searched but environmental campaigners who look closely at these things appear to be calling for the thicker bags for life to be banned as it's led to more plastic being used so exactly opposite to the intention

This one also mirrors the same thing

This one has some interesting facts including that an organic cotton bag needs to be used 20000 times to have the same overall environmental impact as 1 single use plastic bag
Wonder how many people who have done the "Right thing" and saved the planet by buying the organic cotton bag know they should have gone with the thin plastic one, it's stuff like this that leads me to use the "Greenwashing" label

You need to read the articles more carefully.  It is not saying that the position is worse then before the tax was introduced it is saying that plastic use has started picking up again and there needs to be a new effort to pull it down again. 

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

We've got a real odd greenpeace biddy down the road always saying that Windmills will save us all and for hearting she burns wood in an open fire all that heat and shite up the chimmey trouble is the local council listen to twats like her!...

Now they have a battery powered dustcart its ""Emission free""  its as its Electric so thats a very good thing.

What they can't grasp there are are high pressure days when theres sod all wind over the county and at night solar has gone, and now and again they bring on Coal and worst still Oil fired plants!

Some very good news here:)

Bit naff this bit tho!!

"which means we believe that nuclear power can really mushroom in a way that hasn’t been the case for when it's been a state-funded enterprise," Stein said."

State of the grid..

Offline Pete123

I reckon the best way forward in the uk is tidal power
I often see those wind turbines not doing much

Offline David1970

Got to agree with you Jimmy about plastic bags :thumbsup:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I often wondered why wind turbines often weren't turning or only a few of them while the majority were stood still but apparently it's often due to enough power already being in the system

I agree tidal should be looked at again as unlike wind and solar it's reliable but the overall infrastructure needs to use a number of different power sources rather than rely on one or two
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:25:30 am by Blackpool Rock »

Offline David1970

We are an island so long coast, tidal power is the answer. You can’t guarantee wind to run the turbines, but you can guarantee tides. The other power source we need to harness is hydrogen, it does not produce greenhouse gasses.

Offline lostandfound

Difficult to ignore offshore wind as the UK is uniquely placed to take advantage of it, and could generate a multiple of the UK's need for electricity, with hydrogen as a vector / storage medium, and interconnects with the European mainland. I think we already had this discussion!  :)