Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Bare Knuckle Boxing  (Read 609 times)

Offline king tarzan

Some say barbaric

To me the bare bones of a man..

Sean George Vs Tyler Goodjohn was a very very good highly skilled fight..
Both were in superb condition...

Usually a fight between the average tough man lasts on average 3 seconds before one is gone..

I find bare Knuckle very entertaining..
Hats off to the courage of these guys..

Would of loved to see some gloved boxers in this..
All obviously hypothetical..
Jack Dempsey.. Rocky Marciano..Arturo Gatti.. George Foreman..

I like Valor bare Knuckle the best..
British one is also good
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Davey Dykes

Where do you get coverage of this?

I saw an article a few months ago about someone setting up a Governing body / promotion but haven't heard anything since.

Offline CrocodileShoes

BKB has been putting on bare knuckle fights at the O2 for a few years now. Great fights and very well run

Offline king tarzan

Where do you get coverage of this?

I saw an article a few months ago about someone setting up a Governing body / promotion but haven't heard anything since.

I watch it on you tube

Offline king tarzan

Just watched you tube about Lenny McLean
To me seemed a very proud man who earned his money the hard way fighting..
Not taking the easy way out by bullying method of protection rackets or intimidating innocent hardworking people..

Seemed a very tough very proud man..

Felt sorry for him when he was conned out of nearly a million quid by some scamster.. because he earned his money the hard way by putting his life and health on the line

Offline berksboy

Well this is what happeds when a bare knuckle fighter allegedly with a 42-42-42 record takes on a former top 10 pro boxer.

External Link/Members Only

Offline king tarzan

Well this is what happeds when a bare knuckle fighter allegedly with a 42-42-42 record takes on a former top 10 pro boxer.

External Link/Members Only

He got beat by many heavyweight champions but Bert cooper was very savage and very dangerous even though labeled a journeyman...

Offline Jimmyredcab

I never knew Lenny but picked him up a few times when I drove a mini-cab in the seventies, he never gave me any grief but I was always pleased when he reached his destination.
He was more into unlicensed boxing than bare knuckle, he fought Roy Shaw three times and beat him twice, I saw the final fight at the Rainbow Finsbury Park.

Offline Joe Exotic

It may seem barbaric but far from it.

You cannot hit as hard in bare knuckle compared with Boxing or MMA, due to you risking breaking your knuckles and damaging your fists.

As a result, bare knuckle fighting is a lot less traumatic on the brain than other sports using gloves. That’s because the fighter wearing a glove will swing hell for leather, because their fist is protected, and land much much more damage to their opponents head due to volume of punches.
Banned reason: Posting on 2 accounts

Offline mills_and_bhuna

Not taking the easy way out by bullying method of protection rackets or intimidating innocent hardworking people..

Felt sorry for him when he was conned out of nearly a million quid by some scamster.. because he earned his money the hard way by putting his life and health on the line
you're being very selective regarding his history.
I've read his book and as with all autobiographies I've assumed that he's a biased source.
I'll give him mitigating factors that he's grown up surrounded by hardened criminals and that he was beaten up by his stepdad.
However he was a criminal and worked for criminals until he found that he could be well paid for his talent with his fists.
He seems to glorify other criminals in the book as well.
These people are parasites in general.
Protection rackets. Pimps and usually the worst kind. Loan sharks.
But feel free to paint them as working class heroes.

Offline Xtro

A very nice guy when he's not chewing his best mates face off!   :scare:

I never knew Lenny but picked him up a few times when I drove a mini-cab in the seventies, he never gave me any grief but I was always pleased when he reached his destination.

People like him are too volatile.
I know exactly what you mean as I used to be in many situations like this and you're on edge all the time these cunts are around you.

You cannot hit as hard in bare knuckle compared with Boxing or MMA, due to you risking breaking your knuckles and damaging your fists.

As a result, bare knuckle fighting is a lot less traumatic on the brain than other sports using gloves. That’s because the fighter wearing a glove will swing hell for leather, because their fist is protected, and land much much more damage to their opponents head due to volume of punches.

I don't know the rules of bare knuckle boxing..... Can you only hit with clenched fists?
As you say, a clenched fist is relatively weak compared to a palm, elbow, etc.

Offline Paris69

I've read his book and as with all autobiographies I've assumed that he's a biased source.
I'll give him mitigating factors that he's grown up surrounded by hardened criminals and that he was beaten up by his stepdad.
However he was a criminal and worked for criminals until he found that he could be well paid for his talent with his fists.

+1
Banned reason: Idiot fantasist

Offline Xtro

Enter Ronald and Reginald stage left. 

Offline Kyuss

I think it was Roy Shaw who was conned by scamsters.

Online scutty brown

Take a walk down the Barbary Coast in Morecambe  any friday or saturday night and you can see the Fury family and their caravanner pals giving free shows of bare knuckle boxing

Offline Jimmyredcab

Enter Ronald and Reginald stage left.

I have no idea what dealings Lenny had with the Krays.     :unknown: :unknown:

What I do know is that they were taken into custody in 1968, at that time Lenny would have been 19 years old.  :unknown:

Offline Xtro

I think it was Roy Shaw who was conned out of money.

Lenny McLean got shot in the arse by Mad Barry Dalton! (as told by Joe Egan in Part 2 below)  - 
1. THE GUV'NOR OF UNLICENSED BOXING --LENNY McLEAN - External Link/Members Only
2. THE GUV'NOR OF UNLICENSED BOXING --MAD BARRY DALTON - External Link/Members Only
3. THE GUV'NOR OF UNLICENSED BOXING --MASS BRAWL - External Link/Members Only

I have no idea what dealings Lenny had with the Krays.     :unknown: :unknown:

What I do know is that they were taken into custody in 1968, at that time Lenny would have been 19 years old.  :unknown:

I was replying to mills_and_bhuna who was basically saying these type of people are parasites and shouldn't be glorified.
I mentioned these 2 as probably being THE most glorified.

Offline king tarzan

With gloves you have a punching skill flow..
Without gloves it's a bit rough not as smooth as with gloves because your not putting full impact as your hands can be broken

Offline king tarzan

You have very good points..

Offline mills_and_bhuna

I was replying to mills_and_bhuna who was basically saying these type of people are parasites and shouldn't be glorified.
I mentioned these 2 as probably being THE most glorified.
YouTube is awash with glorification of these guys.
I started watching docs about the 5 families and such but the comments sections are full of idiots pondering the qualities of made men and cold blooded murderers at the level (thanks to the wonderful 2nd Amendment) that makes British gangsters look like enthusiastic amateurs

Offline king tarzan

I started watching docs about the 5 families and such but the comments sections are full of idiots pondering the qualities of made men and cold blooded murderers at the level (thanks to the wonderful 2nd Amendment) that makes British gangsters look like enthusiastic amateurs

At night to get to sleep I watch Sammy gravano..
The amount of nonsense and shit he talks bores me so much that my eyes get so heavy that I switch his shit off go upstairs and collapse on the bed..

Such utter rubbish glorified nonsense..

Offline ulstersubbie

That's the problem, the media are the true culprits. Trying to portray these cunts as blue collar "heroes", they only killed other gangsters for example, that type of crap. Being a killer/thug should not be glamourized, Hollywood again totally guilty in this regard.