Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Women and phones  (Read 1711 times)

Offline winkywanky

hear the one about the female chess champion?

...braces for killer punchline...

Offline willie loman

...braces for killer punchline...

thats the joke, there has never been a female grandmaster,or maybe one, you see observing that women and men are interested in different stuff, doesnt mean you have "issues"

Offline Paris69

thats the joke, there has never been a female grandmaster,or maybe one, you see observing that women and men are interested in different stuff, doesnt mean you have "issues"

1991. Judit Polgár achieved the title of Grandmaster at the age of 15 years and 4 months

There have been others; though the criteria of their scoring can be a bit of a mess.

I'm a more than fair chess player; not sure if you partake or not - But you wouldn't want to play her for your wages that's for sure....
Banned reason: Idiot fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline winkywanky

It went right over my head willie  :rolleyes:

Indeed, men and women tend to be interested in different stuff. It's the way evolution made us, and made us that way for a reason. Anyone who can't see that is living in a fantasyland.

The theory that the only difference between men and women is physical strength, is utterly wrong.

We're different, celebrate it! Utopia isn't a world where men and women are the same, utopia is a world where men and women have the total freedom to be who and what they want to be, and society should allow that.

Offline David1970

There are currently 37 female players who hold the title of Grandmaster, the most prestigious title in chess:

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:58:50 pm by David1970 »

Offline willie loman

There are currently 37 female players who hold the title of Grandmaster, the most prestigious title in chess:

knew you would check, the point is they are significantly behind men in this activity, you never ever get the point, you only get the detail.

Offline Paris69

knew you would check, the point is they are significantly behind men in this activity, you never ever get the point, you only get the detail.

On that you're definitely correct.
Men way way outperform women in chess capability. Possibly though, as it's not seen as a pursuit girls should take up.

The way FIDE changed the scoring of a grandmaster's capability has changed over time to allow an assessment of old champions v newer ones...
But imo there has never been anyone to rival Bobby Fischer at his peak...

Offline ratedj

To be fair, Willie, your exact words were 'There has never been a female grandmaster.'

Offline Paris69

To be fair, Willie, your exact words were 'There has never been a female grandmaster.'

You quote a clipped part of his comment to make a point... But he followed with 'maybe's one'.

You have to read between the lines when people speak....not very often are we/anyone being exact in totality when they make a statement; it's usually generally/an in-the-ball-park assessment.

I took 'maybe one' to mean... there hasn't been many

Offline willie loman

a mere detail comrade, but yes mea culpa, , mea maxima culpa.

Offline David1970

No Willie you said “ there has never been a female grandmaster,or maybe one” which is untrue.
You never checked Willie or you would have known that your statement was false. You never thought anyone else would look at the facts, not your lies.
Unless you are saying you know the facts but thought you would just lie?

Offline ratedj

Offline willie loman

No Willie you said “ there has never been a female grandmaster,or maybe one” which is untrue.
You never checked Willie or you would have known that your statement was false. You never thought anyone else would look at the facts, not your lies.
Unless you are saying you know the facts but thought you would just lie?

get a life,

Offline Doc Holliday

hear the one about the female chess champion?

I tried to phone her to congratulate her .... but she didn't answer.

Offline scutty brown

.................Just because your ex wife decides not to answer your phone calls ...................

Sounds like she's got a brain if she rejects his calls

Offline David1970

Sounds like she's got a brain if she rejects his calls

She has got a brain, she is now his ex wife  :lol:

Online LLPunting

Be even worse if she picked up.

Actually that might be more than just a hand relief...

Online LLPunting

That's an 'absolute' statement which cannot possibly be the case within the general population. If however that is the case with yourself, then you do leave yourself open to the accusation that it is specific to you?

Multitasking is an interesting one and whilst there is a strong perception that women are better at this than men the studies are conflicting and the jury is still out.

What the studies do show though is that very few people can truly multitask, if the definition is "performing at least two complex tasks simultaneously". Apart from this very small group of individuals which, are likely to include both sexes, attempting to multitask for the majority of people is likely to be highly inefficient and stressful.

I have personally known a handful of people who could truly multitask. Most were female, but the one who was exceptional at doing this was male.

Giving an SP an orgasm whilst you're fielding a call to your missus doesn't count Doc.  I know you were talking about yourself.

Offline Doc Holliday

Giving an SP an orgasm whilst you're fielding a call to your missus doesn't count Doc.  I know you were talking about yourself.

:D   I'm actually very poor at multitasking.

Offline Paris69

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Offline Thephoenix

She was trying to park her car. :lol:

Offline winkywanky

...yes, and as it was the distraction of the call made her hit the car in front, so she drove round the other side of the car park to escape justice  :D   

Offline Thephoenix

...yes, and as it was the distraction of the call made her hit the car in front, so she drove round the other side of the car park to escape justice  :D   
Where she tried to phone the RAC, but nobody answered. All the female operators were too busy talking for hours about make-up and Love Island 🤔

Ok I know it's past my bedtime Matron!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:53:20 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline winkywanky

Clearly, this one is gonna run and run.

Offline King Nuts

King Nuts

What absolute drivel you spout.

I have worked for and with women in extremely cognitively demanding industries and I can assure you, women have spatial awareness, strategic foresight, multi tasking skills in spades.

There is no difference between the sexes in any areas other than brute strength, as has been shown in countless studies. If you don’t want to look at the evidence that contradicts your prejudice, that underlines you’re a fool.

The modern world:

'You have one opinion, I have another, contrary one.

I am therefore correct, and you are thus talking drivel. And are a fool'.

Offline King Nuts

You are correct Nuts, Jimmy and Nik all do the same.
But I am a great believer in challenging lies, because if you don’t people end up believe them.

And you are the arbiter of what's truthful and what isn't, eh?

How do you work that out, when you're squatting on this board, day in day out, and following people like me around like some sort of forlorn, past-the-sell-by-date groupie.

Offline Jimmyredcab

How do you work that out, when you're squatting on this board, day in day out, and following people like me around like some sort of forlorn, past-the-sell-by-date groupie.

This is a full time job for David1970, scoring points, if I am not around he will find someone else like you or willie loman to stalk.  :hi:

Offline King Nuts

That's an 'absolute' statement which cannot possibly be the case within the general population. If however that is the case with yourself, then you do leave yourself open to the accusation that it is specific to you?

Multitasking is an interesting one and whilst there is a strong perception that women are better at this than men the studies are conflicting and the jury is still out.

What the studies do show though is that very few people can truly multitask, if the definition is "performing at least two complex tasks simultaneously". Apart from this very small group of individuals which, are likely to include both sexes, attempting to multitask for the majority of people is likely to be highly inefficient and stressful.

I have personally known a handful of people who could truly multitask. Most were female, but the one who was exceptional at doing this was male.

My comments about women are from my own observations and empirical evidence. I haven't made a study. I've just been around the block multiple times, having been married more than once, working with women, and having daughters. And I like women. No, I'd go further. I love women.

I haven't read some fucking leftwing, sociological manual, and end of the day, this is a board where middle aged and older gits spout off about whatever's on our minds and whatever we think about issues du jour.

The dour, humourless and mildly abusive responses I've had merely demonstrate why I stopped posting here some months back.

I mean, if you can't have a fucking laugh on here and a bit of banter, where the fuck can you?

Offline Jimmyredcab

King Nuts

What absolute drivel you spout.

I have worked for and with women in extremely cognitively demanding industries and I can assure you, women have spatial awareness, strategic foresight, multi tasking skills in spades.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule as we see here.   :wackogirl: :wackogirl:

Offline Gordon Bennett

its actually a topic that has been studied, google it.my bugbear,is people who phone you, you return their call, and they dont asnwer. When phones first appeared in general use, the 60s, people rushed to answer it, giving the town and the phone no.

My mum is hilarious. Nearly 90 and a bit creaky on her legs but fucking hell, when her home phone goes off she's like Linford Christie! Leaping over chairs, flying down the stairs and a Superman leap to grab the receiver. I really tell her off and remind her it has a built in answer machine but she can't shake the notion that answering the phone is the number 1 most important thing anyone can do in life.
She's stopped announcing her name, exchange and number at least!

Offline Doc Holliday

My comments about women are from my own observations and empirical evidence. I haven't made a study. I've just been around the block multiple times, having been married more than once, working with women, and having daughters. And I like women. No, I'd go further. I love women.

That's perfectly valid, but you made the absolute statement

So I'm always amazed to come across people who don't ever answer their phones, or don't have the voicemail on........
And of course, they're always women. Always. Every time.

That absolute of this being women 'every time' would seem unlikely to be the case for others, hence why people have accused you of not being typical? Doesn't alter the validity of your empirical evidence but doesn't mean it is the norm either.

I haven't read some fucking leftwing, sociological manual

Neither have I. I was referring to scientific studies.    External Link/Members Only

The dour, humourless and mildly abusive responses I've had merely demonstrate why I stopped posting here some months back.

What made you think that had changed? I note also that your ceasing to post largely coincided with when politics etc was barred.

I mean, if you can't have a fucking laugh on here and a bit of banter, where the fuck can you?

I have had this discussion with you before, but your posts and especially the threads you start, seldom come across as full of humour :hi:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:56:00 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline winkywanky

My mum is hilarious. Nearly 90 and a bit creaky on her legs but fucking hell, when her home phone goes off she's like Linford Christie! Leaping over chairs, flying down the stairs and a Superman leap to grab the receiver. I really tell her off and remind her it has a built in answer machine but she can't shake the notion that answering the phone is the number 1 most important thing anyone can do in life.

Hold on, do you have the same mum I have? Are you my secret brother she never told me about?  :D

Does she also 'do' WhatsApp (albeit rather clunkily) and have the ability to play videos she receives, as well as take her own photos and send them to family members? She doesn't really know what the fuck she's doing, but somehow she manages to  :lol:

Tell you what, we'll both go round our mum's for tea at 4pm today, I'll see you there  :cool:

Online norwichfunseeker

That's proper made me laugh, if only WGs would be as athletic and speedy picking the phone.

My father has a cordless phone, over the other side of the room to where he sits, gets up every time it rings (answrs with his full name) then returns to chair, has conversation on phone, then meticulously gets up, and returns phone to charging cradle. Until it rings again when process is repeated.
I get if for the first call, but just leave the thing on the table next to you. He has 3 handsets / cradles around the house so unlikely to run out of charge, but can swap if it does.

Offline winkywanky

That's proper made me laugh, if only WGs would be as athletic and speedy picking the phone.

My father has a cordless phone, over the other side of the room to where he sits, gets up every time it rings (answrs with his full name) then returns to chair, has conversation on phone, then meticulously gets up, and returns phone to charging cradle. Until it rings again when process is repeated.
I get if for the first call, but just leave the thing on the table next to you. He has 3 handsets / cradles around the house so unlikely to run out of charge, but can swap if it does.

It took me 5yrs to get her to do it, but my mum does this now  :rolleyes:. She also always takes her mobile into the garden with her now as well, so if she falls over she can call for help rather than rolling around on the ground like an upturned beetle all day  :scare:  :D

Online norwichfunseeker

My dad takes his phone out with him on his daily walk, but not sure if he also takes his notes about how to make a call!
I think its a mindset thing though.

Seriously and apologies for being off topic
WW, my dad has a personal alarm thing, linked to the home phone, so when he presses the button it automatically dials them. If he can speak hands free they assist but failing that they call a nominated person / keyholder (me)  and any medical professionals to attend.  Its great for peace of mind.

Offline Jimmyredcab

That is the world we live in now, you either sing to the “approved” hymn sheet or you are expected to remain silent.  :unknown:

Offline winkywanky

My dad takes his phone out with him on his daily walk, but not sure if he also takes his notes about how to make a call!
I think its a mindset thing though.

Seriously and apologies for being off topic
WW, my dad has a personal alarm thing, linked to the home phone, so when he presses the button it automatically dials them. If he can speak hands free they assist but failing that they call a nominated person / keyholder (me)  and any medical professionals to attend.  Its great for peace of mind.

Mum has that too, but of course when she's a certain distance away from the base station it becomes inactive. End of garden, walking up the road etc.

For old people, if they're able to use a mobile phone it can give them the confidence to do more things unaided. Of course they might get run over by a bus while they're out and about but they died happy in their continued independence. Of course I jest, but so long as the physical capability is there it's nice, especially if they live alone.

Offline winkywanky

That is the world we live in now, you either sing to the “approved” hymn sheet or you are expected to remain silent.  :unknown:

If you talk complete shit, expect to be pulled up on it.

Offline scutty brown

I haven't read some fucking leftwing, sociological manual, and end of the day, this is a board where middle aged and older gits spout off about whatever's on our minds and whatever we think about issues du jour.

The fact that you've  been married so many times proves you know fuck all about women. If you really knew that  much  then you wouldn't have ended up getting divorced multiple times - or getting remarried.

As  for your post being "a laugh....and a  bit of banter" I refer  you to the  adage that "humour is the last defence of the scoundrel".
You got caught out posting misogynistic crap,  so you  claim it was  humour. That's bollocks and you well know it

Offline scutty brown

But your constant gripe appears  to be that most members here don't sing to your hymn sheet. Most here have seen it and found it lacking. People read what you post, consider it crap, and say so. Would you prefer they were censored from so doing? Is that your version of free speech?

Offline Jimmyredcab

You got caught out posting misogynistic crap,  so you  claim it was  humour. That's bollocks and you well know it

Just as well you don’t have moderator status, King Nuts, myself and NIK would be instantly banned.

As things stand your status is the same as mine, Pleb.  :hi:

Offline winkywanky

Just as well you don’t have moderator status, King Nuts, myself and NIK would be instantly banned.

Your actual status on an internet forum is dictated by what you post up on it.

Everyone is very aware of your status Jimmy.

Offline scutty brown

That's quite remarkable, coming from a  forlorn past-the-sell-by date misogynist who conflates women-hating with humour

Offline scutty brown

I'm not a mod, so  the question doesn't arise, and I've no intention of telling them how to  do their jobs. I'll leave that to you.
However if you are suggesting that the three of you should leave, then I think there would be few objections from the rank and file.

Offline Liverpool

King Nuts, myself and NIK would be instantly banned.

We can but dream.

Offline Thephoenix

No wonder there's not many newbies posting once the big numbers get into hand to hand combat.

They must think it's a bit like a battle of the gladiators, battling to the death...no quarter given!
Or maybe they think it's a bit more like a kindergarten. :)

Online hendrix

The modern world:

'You have one opinion, I have another, contrary one.

I am therefore correct, and you are thus talking drivel. And are a fool'.

Well, yes. Flat earthers are fools, wouldn't you agree?

Online chrishornx

And of course, they're always women. Always. Every time.

What a pile of unfounded, mysoginistic bullshit