Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Leon Spinks dead  (Read 553 times)

Offline scutty brown

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 05:37:38 pm by scutty brown »

Offline mr.bluesky

External Link/Members Only

Prostate cancer

Not a big follower of boxing but sad news. Another one lost to this terrible disease. R.I.P

Offline king tarzan

Ali was finished then when spinks beat him..
Spinks was battered senseless by Larry Holmes

I like watching Micheal Spinks.. great fighter in my opinion, very awkward style.. sad he farted all the way to the ring and  shit his pants against Mike Tyson, otherwise if he held it together, he would of tested Mike Tyson..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Nigel57

Prostate cancer is a silent killer - no symptoms until it's too late. If this was a woman's problem there'd be a screening process.

I know the PSA test isn't perfect, but badger your GP to get one.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Prostate cancer is a silent killer - no symptoms until it's too late. If this was a woman's problem there'd be a screening process.

Is that a bit of a dig with the “ if this was a woman’s problem”

Offline willie loman

you can hardly claim that prostate probs are underpublicised, or underfunded.

Offline David1970

He seems to have issues

Offline Steve2

Offline lillythesavage

International womens day yesterday was on his mind lol, When is international mans day ?  There can be symptoms, usually peeing more often, and it is all over publicized that testing is available, men can be their own worst enemies ignoring signs and available tests, quick finger up the jacksy is worth peace of mind.

Offline scutty brown

you can hardly claim that prostate probs are underpublicised, or underfunded.

Read this. It may be three years old but it well describes the shortfall in the UK prostate budget

Offline Nigel57

I think people are confusing benign prostatic hyperplasia (aka benign prostatic enlargement) and prostate cancer. The two are often confused but they are distinctly different.

Benign prostatic hyperplasia is generally diagnosed by a rectal examination and the symptoms are urgency, slow stream and difficulty in emptying the bladder. In BPH the prostate enlarges and puts pressure on the bladder & urethra. It is treated with drugs and/or surgery depending on severity.

Prostate cancer develops silently and whilst it is contained inside the prostate (localised prostate cancer) it usually has no symptoms. It is true that many prostate cancers grow slowly and the man is likely to die from some other cause before the cancer is a real issue.  However some do develop quickly and once it has spread outside the prostate it is a serious, and life threatening, problem. The 5-year survival rate for those where the cancer has spread to bone, organs or lymph nodes is as low as 30%.

Diagnosing prostate cancer is quite difficult:

In a digital rectal exam the doctor may be able to feel irregularities of the surface of the prostate indicating cancer but it is easily confused with BPH. Also you cannot feel all the way around the prostate from the rectum.

A PSA blood test measures the amount of prostate specific antigen in your blood, a raised PSA may indicate cancer but it is an inexact measure and can be influenced by other factors, such as having sex or vigorous exercise close to the test. A raised PSA does not necessarily mean it is cancer and you can have prostate cancer but still have a very low PSA. So there are a lot of false positives & negatives.

In some hospitals you may be offered a multi-parametric MRI but this is in its infancy and the correlation between what is on the MRI scan and whether it is cancerous can only by confirmed by biopsy and histology to stage & grade the cancer.

There is no national screening programme for prostate cancer.