Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Columbia  (Read 8200 times)

shane3333

Anyone been there, Medellin and Bogota seem to have some amazing looking women
Imagine would be cheap but also imagine its a dangerous country to visit

gldrowranger

I have never been to Columbia but having heard of stories about kidnapping or crap happening to foreigners in Columbia. I wouldn't gamble my life for it.

Offline Jerboa

It's a country I've been researching for a few months, mainly on ISG, the crime and kidnap problems there Is not as bad as was a few years ago, the Colombian security forces have done well against the Farc. Most tourists go to the safer Caribbean city of Cartagena, the Colombian women can be stunning.

shane3333

It's a country I've been researching for a few months, mainly on ISG, the crime and kidnap problems there Is not as bad as was a few years ago, the Colombian security forces have done well against the Farc. Most tourists go to the safer Caribbean city of Cartagena, the Colombian women can be stunning.

Thanks I did not know about Cartagena, during your research did you find out about prices?

Offline Jerboa

Cartagena is the main tourist resort in the country, so is easier for new visitors to stay there, as many more will speak some English than in other parts of the country, I hear prices are a lot lower than in Europe.

cockneybstrd

Hi Shane

My experience is limited in Columbia. I was over in the Bog in 2005 and 2007 both times for work. It is a lot less dangerous than it was since the Farc uprising has been ended.

My info - marching powder surprisingly expensive.

With regards to whores. Depends where your staying the first time we went the hotel was crawling with them. They apparently had to pay a cover charge to enter the hotel.  Second time around it was the same but more munters. I was told this is because all the lookers were snapped up by yanks from the CIA or the yank miltary. Who at the tine were everywhere

Berty Basset

I went to Colombia for the first time in 2008, spent 2 months there before going to the Dom Rep, went again in 2012 and got back in January after spending over a year and a half living there. I travelled a bit for the first 2 months then settled in Cali (supposedly the 13th most dangerous city in the world) and made a circle of colombian friends had a shower of pretty Colombian girlfriends and banged some whores  :D

Learn Spanish and go, that's my advice  :yahoo: In fact you can get away without speaking Spanish but you will have 500% better time if you can manage something. Don't listen to the media reports, don't listen to people who go "oooOOOOOOOoooo Colombia is so dangerous" most of these people haven't been and are simply repeating things they've heard. You get some people who say it's really dangerous that have been, but if anybody who's been and is pushing the point they are likely to be the kind of swaggering douchebag that are trying to look tough and dangerous for having been to such a "violent" country.

The country is a lot safer than others I have been to in Latin America for example Bolivia or certain parts of Peru. In the entire time I was there only once did I have a run in with a knife gang who stuck me up for what was in my pocket, and that was in all the time i have ever been in Colombia. That's not to say it's not dangerous, there are certainly parts that are - but those are parts where you wouldn't really be going anyway - like some of the rural areas down south and up near the venezuelan border where the guerillas and FARC still hang out. Even at that FARC members will probably most likely get photos with you rather than kidnap you these days unless you are a politician, stinking rich or work for the American government.

Bogota however has got worse since I was there in 2008 - a lot more homeless and crack heads on the street after dark - avoid walking around Centro and La Candelaria after dark - best not to walk around alone or in twos late at night, try and go in a group but keep low key. Medellin is a lot nicer than Bogota, on a par with large European cities I say, a truly amazing city you will have a fucking blast  :drinks: Just take care - the same goes for any city anywhere whether there or in Europe - just be street smart, don't flash jewellery, don't be overly loud and drunk in the streets, it ain't Magaluf. Whatever you do don't walk around in board shorts, fucking  flip flops and sunglasses in a group all stretched out horizontally and sauntering along the pavement without a care in the world, blocking locals from getting past you, like I have seen tourists from Australia, the states and here do - you'll stick out and look ridiculous. You might be able to get away with a bit more in Cartagena where tourists are over everything, and of course San Andres, which basically is 60% Colombian tourists all year round.

With regards to mongering, in Bogota you have "la piscina" huge knocking shop with a pool in the middle of it, a bit like a nightclub. Girls in G strings and heels walking around like in the termas's in Brazil. Medellin, again you have similar places and again in Cali. Prices range from 50,000 pesos to I'd say around 150,000. You get what you pay for, although whilst in San ANdres I did pump some lovely girls for just 50k in "bar elefante" 50k is about 13 or 14 quid. I got myself onto the mileroticos website, be sure to google mileroticos colombia and there you will find a plethera of "prepagos" - prices vary. Another gold mine, is colombiancupid a dating website. It's full of every kind of colombian chick you will meet, tons of young stunners I dated literally dozens of girls off this, and got laid lots of times from gorgeous normal colombian girls not whores. Yet another goldmine is myfreecams, if you filter your search results to include just latin america, most of the girls are from colombia - you pay 20 bucks to get 200 tokens to start with which upgrades you to a premium membership which means you can private chat with the girls. My trick was tip them around 10 tokens to say hi, then just chat and chat and chat with them on cam, once they see you are not ancient fat and ugly, PLUS in their city many of them will be up for meeting you. 50% of the time I had to pay just like a normal WG, the other 50% was completely free - there are many girls on there who will jump at the chance to go out with a european guy as they find us exotic. Some of my girlfriends from Cali I met on this site, and we dated, we fucked again and again and they never asked me for a single peso. So yeah, learn some Spanish, it goes a long way

Hope I've been of help dude, anything you want to ask, ask me here or PM me and I'll give you the low down and help you out  :thumbsup:

Berty Basset

by the way cartagena is not completely "safe" if anything there you have to be double on your guard, ssssoooo many hustlers because there are sssssooo many tourists. The knocking shops can be seen everywhere in the less popular streets in teh centre at night, girls will call from doorways dressed in skimpy clothing :)

Offline Jerboa

Good report Berty, I've been researching Colombia for a while, your right not as dangerous as It once was, but they have some stunning chicas.  ;)

Offline joe diddley

I don't know Colombia (it's spelt with two 'o's with no 'u' - only Berty seems aware of that) but I do know other parts of Latin America and would imagine that Colombia is broadly similar. You find professional prostitution across the continent of course but there is also a lot of part-time, amateur and opportunist selling of sex for money which may be cheaper if you know how to handle it. The problem is that these girls (many extremely attractive) often want to then hook up with you, especially if they perceive you to come from a rich country, on a regular basis and may want to start involving you in paying for other expenses in their lives (their mother's dialysis bills, their sister's leaking roof, etc.) and it can get more expensive. The trick is to buy a local SIM card and, after one or two shags with a girl you have met, throw it away if they demonstrate those tendencies, buy another, meet another guapa, and start all over again. Repeat until you've shagged your way through Bogota/Cali/San Jose/Panama City/Quito/other. (delete as applicable) and are either sated or ready to go home.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:52:29 pm by joe diddley »

Offline webpunter

Bollocks - living in the wrong country !

Offline Jerboa

Yes Joe I know there is no U in Colombia, but didn't want to sound like a wanker by showing up the OP, many of Americans seem to miss-spell it on the ISG board.
I can imagine punters can get calls for paying bills and sick mama, no chance.

Berty Basset

yep true, I have three girls I was banging on skype - one I sent about 30 quid via western union so she could pay her internet bill, however, in the entire time I knew her she never asked me for anything, and actually some days we went out she would actually pay for everything - food, taxi, despite me offering to pay - believe me that is RARE in Colombia - so she deserved that I helped her out...

The other two are fucking shameless though - ALWAYS asking me for cash "me ayudas" "te pido un favor..." I just tell them to get fucked...strangely they still talk to me though  :unknown:

ajax

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip in January and I found this site External Link/Members Only
Seems like a local guy who takes gringos around the local spots for a fee... can anyone tell me if this is worth it? is it a scam? or is Bogota safe enough to venture round the local spots by myself... ?

cheers

Offline BakerlooLine

Colombia is a perfectly safe country, just be careful where you go in the evening. I'd wander round most of Medellin, Manizales and the old town of Cartagena at 2am in the morning and feel perfectly safe. Wouldn't venture outside of Cartagena's city walls at night on my own but if there is 3/4 of you, it's fine. Just look up on Wikitravel and books which areas are dicey and you'll be fine, most of the big cities are totally safe.

Bogota is a bit more dicey but you'd be fine wandering round on your own in the daytime, just avoid the red light area on your own at all times. I did a bike tour round Bogota which I'd highly recommend, the guy took us through the red light area.

It's a wonderful beautiful country and perfectly safe, far far safer than people would have you believe.

I didn't do any brassing out there though, picked up one local though.  :yahoo:

greenkomodo

I'm half Colombian and couldn't help but post..it's spelt ColOmbia not ColUmbia.

Offline Marmalade

prices start at around a fiver

Venezuelan

Very nice place to punt it helps if you speak the language as many girls don't speak English but some of the best rucks  of my life have been in santa marta. Like with most south America you have to be very careful as kidnappings still happen in Colombia

Offline Marmalade

Colombia has largely been pacified in spite of what banned bozo says. You mostly have to be careful that you don't know what the fuck she's on about when she starts rattling away in Colombian Spanish.

Mart1976e

I'm half Colombian and couldn't help but post..it's spelt ColOmbia not ColUmbia.

Yeah, and it's spelt England, not Inglaterra, London not Londres for that matter...

Offline Brazilian Martian

Yeah, and it's spelt England, not Inglaterra, London not Londres for that matter...

This makes no sense at all, that's the latin way of spelling so your post is very odd

Mart1976e

Ha, and you're telling me it makes no sense...
So shouldn't we use Brasil or Italia when writing in English if the Latin spelling predominates? Seems to be a lack of consistency, no? Not that I give neither a shit ni una mierda.

Back to the punting, Colombia is man heaven in terms of hotness of women, horniness of chicks and range of ethnicities. If the women weren't so batshit crazy, it'd all be a doddle. There are always exceptions, but expect high maintenance for a girlfriend, as well as tantrums and moodiness. Cheating is endemic, especially for the guys, so be careful if you end up with a long term gf that she is the right kind. Here are the cities...

Cartagena
By far the most tourist friendly place, with a beautiful old colonial centre. Lots of bars, and things to do. The girls there tend to have more African influence (being on the coast), so it is perfect if you like darker girls. To visit...8/10 - good for both vacation + getting by in English (compared to other cities, at least)

Barranquilla
A dump of a city with nothing but malls to visit, but hot girls. Again, like Cartagena, there are more darker girls than in the interior cities. 4/10, unless during Carnaval.

Medellin
Great city, loads to do, great transport including a metro line and a cable car up the side of the mountain. Women are hot, there's plenty of foreigners. 9/10 - probably best option for a newbie

Cali
A lot of people think the Calenas are the best looking girls in COL, but they are also known as being fiery, which says something if they have that reputation amongst Colombianas. I think the women there are the hottest in Colombia, and they tend to be more latino/Spanish heritage than the coast I felt in my visits, and the salsa scene is also great. It's not far the faint of heart though. I'd stick to Cartagena or maybe Medellin if you have no Spanish, at least until you get used to the country. 9/10 - YMMV

Bogota
Great place for culture/nightlife, but dangerous in the centre and perhaps not for a newbie. The zona rosa in the north (up by Calle 84) is best to stay for a newbie, but comes with higher prices too. The red light areas near the centre are great fun, but don't go at night, or at all without street smarts or Spanish. Cheap, certainly, but always be on your guard. Bogota gets women from all over COL, so that's a bonus. 6/10 for a newbie

Other cities
There are smaller cities such as Bucaramanga and those in the zona cafetera (Pereira, Armenia, Manizales) where a Spanish speaker comfortable in Colombia can clean up, but I wouldn't advise it for newbies.

For a first timer to Colombia, I'd stick to Medellin and Cartagena. Once feeling braver, you might want to explore further on another trip.

Biggest tip - learn some Spanish. Even a bit will go a long way....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:57:58 am by Mart1976e »

Ha, and you're telling me it makes no sense...
So shouldn't we use Brasil or Italia when writing in English if the Latin spelling predominates? Seems to be a lack of consistency, no? Not that I give neither a shit ni una mierda.

Back to the punting, Colombia is man heaven in terms of hotness of women, horniness of chicks and range of ethnicities. If the women weren't so batshit crazy, it'd all be a doddle. There are always exceptions, but expect high maintenance for a girlfriend, as well as tantrums and moodiness. Cheating is endemic, especially for the guys, so be careful if you end up with a long term gf that she is the right kind. Here are the cities...

Cartagena
By far the most tourist friendly place, with a beautiful old colonial centre. Lots of bars, and things to do. The girls there tend to have more African influence (being on the coast), so it is perfect if you like darker girls. To visit...8/10 - good for both vacation + getting by in English (compared to other cities, at least)

Barranquilla
A dump of a city with nothing but malls to visit, but hot girls. Again, like Cartagena, there are more darker girls than in the interior cities. 4/10, unless during Carnaval.

Medellin
Great city, loads to do, great transport including a metro line and a cable car up the side of the mountain. Women are hot, there's plenty of foreigners. 9/10 - probably best option for a newbie

Cali
A lot of people think the Calenas are the best looking girls in COL, but they are also known as being fiery, which says something if they have that reputation amongst Colombianas. I think the women there are the hottest in Colombia, and they tend to be more latino/Spanish heritage than the coast I felt in my visits, and the salsa scene is also great. It's not far the faint of heart though. I'd stick to Cartagena or maybe Medellin if you have no Spanish, at least until you get used to the country. 9/10 - YMMV

Bogota
Great place for culture/nightlife, but dangerous in the centre and perhaps not for a newbie. The zona rosa in the north (up by Calle 84) is best for a newbie, but comes with higher prices too. The red light areas near the centre are great fun, but don't go at night, or at all without street smarts or Spanish. Cheap, certainly, but always be on your guard. Bogota gets women from all over COL, so that's a bonus. 6/10 for a newbie

Other cities
There are smaller cities such as Bucaramanga and those in the zona cafetera (Pereira, Armenia, Manizales) where a Spanish speaker comfortable in Colombia can clean up, but I wouldn't advise it for newbies.

For a first timer to Colombia, I'd stick to Medellin and Cartagena. Once feeling braver, you might want to explore further on another trip.

Biggest tip - learn some Spanish. Even a bit will go a long way....

Brilliant post i visited santa marta when i was last there fucked a few civvies and prossies good memories of colombia. However  i do prefer venezuelan women in terms of attitude and I feel they have a sexier demeanour. When I was there and speaking to friends and locals I was warned about the kidnappings by FARC did you hear any thing about this when you visited ?

Mart1976e

The FARC are now a non-issue in the cities and have been for at least a decade. I'd be far more worried about local muggers and scammers than anything else.

There's not much difference between Colombianas and Venezolanas. Even if you think there are, you can find plenty of Venezolanas in COL. Their own country is screwed and heading towards civil war slowly but surely, so they're out there doing the best they can in other places.

Mart1976e

Santa Marta is ok but a bit backward. Parque Tayrona is near, but I wouldn't go there over any of the cities I mentioned if you are talking about pussy.

Offline Marmalade

There's no shortage of action but compared to other South American countries it's one where, although I normally prefer to fly solo, you can get a lot more out of it by tying up with the local mongering honchos, who speak good English and can help you tie up great pussy with no hassle. Otherwise you can knock your pan in just trying to organise your shagging options and not make the most of it. The scene in the big cities is quite sophisticated and catering for all tastes and budgets.

Offline Johnny wishbone

I went to Colombia for the first time in 2008, spent 2 months there before going to the Dom Rep, went again in 2012 and got back in January after spending over a year and a half living there. I travelled a bit for the first 2 months then settled in Cali (supposedly the 13th most dangerous city in the world) and made a circle of colombian friends had a shower of pretty Colombian girlfriends and banged some whores  :D

Learn Spanish and go, that's my advice  :yahoo: In fact you can get away without speaking Spanish but you will have 500% better time if you can manage something. Don't listen to the media reports, don't listen to people who go "oooOOOOOOOoooo Colombia is so dangerous" most of these people haven't been and are simply repeating things they've heard. You get some people who say it's really dangerous that have been, but if anybody who's been and is pushing the point they are likely to be the kind of swaggering douchebag that are trying to look tough and dangerous for having been to such a "violent" country.

The country is a lot safer than others I have been to in Latin America for example Bolivia or certain parts of Peru. In the entire time I was there only once did I have a run in with a knife gang who stuck me up for what was in my pocket, and that was in all the time i have ever been in Colombia. That's not to say it's not dangerous, there are certainly parts that are - but those are parts where you wouldn't really be going anyway - like some of the rural areas down south and up near the venezuelan border where the guerillas and FARC still hang out. Even at that FARC members will probably most likely get photos with you rather than kidnap you these days unless you are a politician, stinking rich or work for the American government.

Bogota however has got worse since I was there in 2008 - a lot more homeless and crack heads on the street after dark - avoid walking around Centro and La Candelaria after dark - best not to walk around alone or in twos late at night, try and go in a group but keep low key. Medellin is a lot nicer than Bogota, on a par with large European cities I say, a truly amazing city you will have a fucking blast  :drinks: Just take care - the same goes for any city anywhere whether there or in Europe - just be street smart, don't flash jewellery, don't be overly loud and drunk in the streets, it ain't Magaluf. Whatever you do don't walk around in board shorts, fucking  flip flops and sunglasses in a group all stretched out horizontally and sauntering along the pavement without a care in the world, blocking locals from getting past you, like I have seen tourists from Australia, the states and here do - you'll stick out and look ridiculous. You might be able to get away with a bit more in Cartagena where tourists are over everything, and of course San Andres, which basically is 60% Colombian tourists all year round.

With regards to mongering, in Bogota you have "la piscina" huge knocking shop with a pool in the middle of it, a bit like a nightclub. Girls in G strings and heels walking around like in the termas's in Brazil. Medellin, again you have similar places and again in Cali. Prices range from 50,000 pesos to I'd say around 150,000. You get what you pay for, although whilst in San ANdres I did pump some lovely girls for just 50k in "bar elefante" 50k is about 13 or 14 quid. I got myself onto the mileroticos website, be sure to google mileroticos colombia and there you will find a plethera of "prepagos" - prices vary. Another gold mine, is colombiancupid a dating website. It's full of every kind of colombian chick you will meet, tons of young stunners I dated literally dozens of girls off this, and got laid lots of times from gorgeous normal colombian girls not whores. Yet another goldmine is myfreecams, if you filter your search results to include just latin america, most of the girls are from colombia - you pay 20 bucks to get 200 tokens to start with which upgrades you to a premium membership which means you can private chat with the girls. My trick was tip them around 10 tokens to say hi, then just chat and chat and chat with them on cam, once they see you are not ancient fat and ugly, PLUS in their city many of them will be up for meeting you. 50% of the time I had to pay just like a normal WG, the other 50% was completely free - there are many girls on there who will jump at the chance to go out with a european guy as they find us exotic. Some of my girlfriends from Cali I met on this site, and we dated, we fucked again and again and they never asked me for a single peso. So yeah, learn some Spanish, it goes a long way

Hope I've been of help dude, anything you want to ask, ask me here or PM me and I'll give you the low down and help you out  :thumbsup:

Great report on Colombia. This is so enticing! Can't believe how cheap it is out there. I'm going to look up prices and see when i can go! I wonder if me being english from an oriental background will make me even more exotic to the colombian women! Ha

Offline Azucar D Artagnan

Looking like Brad Pitt , dancing to Latin rhythms , packing his bank balance and speaking some Spanish would be more beneficial to you . The reassuring aspect of this is that its the 3rd factor that is most important when persuing this hobby !

Offline Marmalade

Good to see colombia on the map in the forums, excellent punting country imo. tbh it's a bit too adventurous for most punters on here though.

Mart1976e

Great report on Colombia. This is so enticing! Can't believe how cheap it is out there. I'm going to look up prices and see when i can go! I wonder if me being english from an oriental background will make me even more exotic to the colombian women! Ha

Tends to be the whiter the better there. Skin colour is closely related to wealth in South America, and the upper classes tend to be much paler than most of their compatriots, often with blonde and redheads among them.

That said, money trumps anything when it comes to pussy so, you'll do just fine.

With foreign nationality and oriental looks though, you should be able to clean up in East Asia. 

Offline Marmalade

Colombia's not exactly the easiest country to start with for someone who is new to South America. Plus the flight is expensive, so overall saving is small unless you go for a longish holiday. Quality pussy is quite a bit cheaper than here but you need to be very streetwise indeed to punt at the cheapest wildwest (eg Parque Berrio) end of the scale. I saw an American coming out of a hotel one night in Centro in his flowery bermuda shorts and thinking that if he's lucky he'll just get robbed. Colombia is mostly 'pacified' but trashland areas are still dangerous for the newbies. I doubt very much if Johnny Wishingonastarbone will end up going there.

Mart1976e

As I mentioned before on this thread, there are only two places a newbie should consider: Cartagena, and Medellin.

Both are relatively easier for the newbie punter as long as they stay to the expat areas. If the newbie also has no Spanish, then I think maybe the tourist areas of Cartagena (i.e. the central, walled city part) should be their only choice.

Once they get the lie of the land, build up a bit of Spanish and so on, maybe then move on to Medellin. Bogota perhaps. Leave the likes of Cali and the smaller cities until later on.

Number one tip, however; learn some Spanish. It's easy to pick up some terms at the very least.

Offline Johnny wishbone

As I mentioned before on this thread, there are only two places a newbie should consider: Cartagena, and Medellin.

Both are relatively easier for the newbie punter as long as they stay to the expat areas. If the newbie also has no Spanish, then I think maybe the tourist areas of Cartagena (i.e. the central, walled city part) should be their only choice.

Once they get the lie of the land, build up a bit of Spanish and so on, maybe then move on to Medellin. Bogota perhaps. Leave the likes of Cali and the smaller cities until later on.

Number one tip, however; learn some Spanish. It's easy to pick up some terms at the very least.

Thanks for the guidance. I intend on learning some spanish. Ex was mexican so i picked up one or two phrases. I won't be dressed up all lairy and touristy. I've been meaning to travel around south and central america and this thread has whetted my appetite. Intention of going for two weeks in Colombia to cartagena and medellin. And possibly a week in costa rica or maybe panama. Combine seeing the sites, laying on beaches and hopefully going through as many stunning girls as possible.

Offline Marmalade

The easiest, and safest (even though I understand the place was held up and robbed not long ago) is to book yourself into The Mansion. You will even manage without any Spanish if you stay there. Again, not cheap. Plus they get booked up months in advance, especially Mansion One where the action is. You can't fly easily direct to medellin though, and internal flights bump up the fare immediately you take more than a cabin bag. Yes, it's fucking gorgeous, but once you factor in flights, travel time, accommodation, there are much cheaper south american holidays.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:37:06 am by Marmalade »

It's meant to all be happening in Paraguay I was looking at flights and hotel's for colombia but the prices are way too high so I'm thinking hard between thailand and Paraguay

Offline Johnny wishbone

The easiest, and safest (even though I understand the place was held up and robbed not long ago) is to book yourself into The Mansion. You will even manage without any Spanish if you stay there. Again, not cheap. Plus they get booked up months in advance, especially Mansion One where the action is. You can't fly easily direct to medellin though, and internal flights bump up the fare immediately you take more than a cabin bag. Yes, it's fucking gorgeous, but once you factor in flights, travel time, accommodation, there are much cheaper south american holidays.

Thanks for the info. I found The Mansion in Bogota. Couldn't find anything in Medellin. Flights are expensive as you suggest. Be good to try somewhere completely different. By the sounds of it, hopefully i won't find it too difficult out there if i stick to recommended places. If anything if i stay at nice hotels, all the WGs will be in the hotel bar anyway so i won't have to go far!

Offline Marmalade

Thanks for the info. I found The Mansion in Bogota. Couldn't find anything in Medellin. Flights are expensive as you suggest. Be good to try somewhere completely different. By the sounds of it, hopefully i won't find it too difficult out there if i stick to recommended places. If anything if i stay at nice hotels, all the WGs will be in the hotel bar anyway so i won't have to go far!
Search ISG for details The Mansion in Med (RTFF there). i don't know if there's the same deal in Bogota. In Med you have a hotel owned and run by punters, most rooms are quite luxurious though they're all more or less the same price as you are paying for the facility. Nightclub downstairs that has pre-vetted prossies so you can dance and drink and flirt and choose to keep one for short time or the night (reasonable prices). Swimming pool where a few prossies hang out by day. One of the owners goes downtown for a breakfast shag each day and will take you with him, no charge, for a tour of the casas (this saves a vast amount of time as it orientates you, lets you see a group that are walking distance from each other, introduces you to the places so you know the routines and the prices without prior concerns, and saves you foraging for many taxis or a walk from the station and getting lost in shitville). Mansion is in a very upmarket area of Poblado so you have the best malls, restaurants, coffee bars all within a few minutes walk. (Mansion 2 is a few yards away if Mansion 1 is booked up but you have to walk to Mansion 1 for the facilities and action.) If you are very keen on staying there, book your room before you book your flight, well in advance, or take a chsnce and maybe get a room that's free for a few days, see their website or phone them got booking strategies).

There's also a guy, can't temember his name, maybe Jake, again check ISG, who does a different set up. Not used him but he's well-respected. He basically sets you up with a pre-screened prossie for the evening and the night, maybe one who speaks a bit of English, and who will sort you out with clubbing, enjoyable nightlife scene and stay with you the night for shagging. (Try and find that on your own as a foreigner with no fluent Spanish, no shit-hot salsa, and no Brad Pitt looks and you could look a long time).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:26:17 pm by Marmalade »

Offline Marmalade

Girls in hotel bars -- it happens, but can't be relied on. Plus it's not like there's a city centre to just wander round top hotels. It's very spread out. Like I said, great scene but all in all there are easier countries. Almost any other S.A. country actually. But Colombia is something else.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:42:26 pm by Marmalade »

Offline Marmalade

It's meant to all be happening in Paraguay I was looking at flights and hotel's for colombia but the prices are way too high so I'm thinking hard between thailand and Paraguay
Thailand has an advantage that several punting destinations large and small (Manila, Cambodia, Bali, Singapore, Koh Samui) are all within a very short flight. Bangkok is a dirty, traffic-clogged big city, fairly modern in many places, cheap air hub to get to, but very tourist-orientated for punting and many jaw-droppingly beautiful non-punting attractions like the Grande Wat. Downside for me is captured in JRC's famous phrase, "they all look as if they've been hit in the face with a wok). But if you aren't oriental-sated it's worth doing. As a Brasilian you should be able to cope with the 'up and coming' countries in S.A. like Paraguay if you know what I mean... Speaking Porto very slowly seems to work with Spanish heads. Salsa is usually the most pervasive second language. Have a great time.

Offline Johnny wishbone

Search ISG for details The Mansion in Med (RTFF there). i don't know if there's the same deal in Bogota. In Med you have a hotel owned and run by punters, most rooms are quite luxurious though they're all more or less the same price as you are paying for the facility. Nightclub downstairs that has pre-vetted prossies so you can dance and drink and flirt and choose to keep one for short time or the night (reasonable prices). Swimming pool where a few prossies hang out by day. One of the owners goes downtown for a breakfast shag each day and will take you with him, no charge, for a tour of the casas (this saves a vast amount of time as it orientates you, lets you see a group that are walking distance from each other, introduces you to the places so you know the routines and the prices without prior concerns, and saves you foraging for many taxis or a walk from the station and getting lost in shitville). Mansion is in a very upmarket area of Poblado so you have the best malls, restaurants, coffee bars all within a few minutes walk. (Mansion 2 is a few yards away if Mansion 1 is booked up but you have to walk to Mansion 1 for the facilities and action.) If you are very keen on staying there, book your room before you book your flight, well in advance, or take a chsnce and maybe get a room that's free for a few days, see their website or phone them got booking strategies).

There's also a guy, can't temember his name, maybe Jake, again check ISG, who does a different set up. Not used him but he's well-respected. He basically sets you up with a pre-screened prossie for the evening and the night, maybe one who speaks a bit of English, and who will sort you out with clubbing, enjoyable nightlife scene and stay with you the night for shagging. (Try and find that on your own as a foreigner with no fluent Spanish, no shit-hot salsa, and no Brad Pitt looks and you could look a long time).

I think i found their website: External Link/Members Only

I'll check it out and see how much it'll cost to stay there. If i do end up staying there i'll definitely see if i can get a tour so i know where to go and avoid. Aside from the punting, the city looks interesting so i'll be exploring during the day. Did you travel there by yourself?

I reckon i'll be doing Medellin first before i fly over to Cartagena for a week and if my wallet can stretch it Costa Rica as well for one more week. Read another thread that the punting there is really good as well.

Thailand has an advantage that several punting destinations large and small (Manila, Cambodia, Bali, Singapore, Koh Samui) are all within a very short flight. Bangkok is a dirty, traffic-clogged big city, fairly modern in many places, cheap air hub to get to, but very tourist-orientated for punting and many jaw-droppingly beautiful non-punting attractions like the Grande Wat. Downside for me is captured in JRC's famous phrase, "they all look as if they've been hit in the face with a wok). But if you aren't oriental-sated it's worth doing. As a Brasilian you should be able to cope with the 'up and coming' countries in S.A. like Paraguay if you know what I mean... Speaking Porto very slowly seems to work with Spanish heads. Salsa is usually the most pervasive second language. Have a great time.

Thank you for the info i always prefer to avoid the tourist attractions and areas i like to see how the country really opperates. Read through all the thailand posts facinating place I'm still finding it hard to decide where to visit. Since my football bet is down the toilet with Spain going out of the Euros,i refuse to pay the fare and hotel accommodation for colombia.

Decisions Decisions what am i to do  :unknown:

Since my football bet is down the toilet with Spain going out of the Euros,i refuse to pay the fare and hotel accommodation for colombia.

Decisions Decisions what am i to do  :unknown:

External Link/Members Only .... some spectacular return prices to Medellin in Sept 2016 whilst the B.A sale is on  :drinks:

External Link/Members Only .... some spectacular return prices to Medellin in Sept 2016 whilst the B.A sale is on  :drinks:

I wanted to go next month around the 12th as i'm taking a break of work then unless I win big on the football then I doubt I'm paying the sky high rates for colombia

Offline Jerboa

I wanted to go next month around the 12th as i'm taking a break of work then unless I win big on the football then I doubt I'm paying the sky high rates for colombia

Yes will be paying high season prices in July, I noticed prices as low as £400 in September.

Yes will be paying high season prices in July, I noticed prices as low as £400 in September.

I found a price in march for 600 all inclusive 3 star hotel but I was fully booked with work so was not the ideal time to take a holiday. Now the prices have risen sky high so if i dnt find anywhere good to go i may just end up visiting portugal instead.

" The World Travel Awards Latin America 2016 named Medellin the best city break destination. In 2013 it was named the most innovative city in the world in 2013 by the Urban Land Institute for its strides in politics, education and social development."  B.A  is flying there directly from London ! So that sounds like the 1st nail in the Coffin  :cry: and now you can find these types of vids on YouTube  External Link/Members Only  by complete idiots encouraging further people like themselves to visit  :scare:

Shangri-las of any type don't last long . The $ normally fucks everything up   :dash: combined with gringo tipping tourists  that aren't even safe to walk along their own Capital's streets let along the Capital's of South America  ! Medellin probably already passing its sell by date . So would advise anyone to get their now or forget it . Poor Cuba started this trend 20 years ago but was happy to sell out to the Euro & £ !!! That place will be another D.R/P.R in a few years . Brasil had paradise in Arraial D'Ajuda , Porto Seguro and Trancoso now these are so fucked up even Leonardo Di Caprio was trying  to buy property there and that in the last 10 years . Google never even had Porto Seguro listed as destination 8 years ago !

Offline Marmalade

I'm not surprised. Porto Seguro could be a nice chav town at best, but with the tourist increase it falls apart at the seams. Maybe they should stop building roads. Then Trancoso would still be either dirt road + backpack or private boat.

I think Medellin has so many awards cos of the changes. You can now walk around the area where children would be dismembered and returned in a box simply for crossing the road into opposing gang territory. Now it's almost a tourist attraction although some local 'policing' is occasionally in evidence. The transport system is quite impressive, with cable cars *integrated* into the Metro. Like RJ, it's a city of many contrasts, but with mountains instead of beaches, and without Rio's pricing. But there are still plenty of ways for a newbie to get fucked over as well as fucked so am wary about 'recommending.' You don't know who winds up coming back complaining he got robbed and stabbed for walking through a shit-hole at night, or complaining he couldn't find the thousands of prossies cos his research stopped at what's-that-in-Spanish.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:11:30 pm by Marmalade »

I'm not surprised. Porto Seguro could be a nice chav town at best, but with the tourist increase it falls apart at the seams. Maybe they should stop building roads. Then Trancoso would still be either dirt road + backpack or private boat.

I think Medellin has so many awards cos of the changes. You can now walk around the area where children would be dismembered and returned in a box simply for crossing the road into opposing gang territory. Now it's almost a tourist attraction although some local 'policing' is occasionally in evidence. The transport system is quite impressive, with cable cars *integrated* into the Metro. Like RJ, it's a city of many contrasts, but with mountains instead of beaches, and without Rio's pricing. But there are still plenty of ways for a newbie to get fucked over as well as fucked so am wary about 'recommending.' You don't know who winds up coming back complaining he got robbed and stabbed for walking through a shit-hole at night, or complaining he couldn't find the thousands of prossies cos his research stopped at what's-that-in-Spanish.

Great post  :thumbsup: