Sugar Baby?
Masaj
Shemales

Author Topic: Adverts that make you NOT buy the product  (Read 1984 times)

Online mr.bluesky

Bloody Virgin Altlantic Airways and their annoying advert. I think I'd rather row across the Atlantic than fly with them.

Offline timsussex

Sadly we won't see Karlie striding across our screens for another year - its all holidays, flu remedies, slimming drinks  and part works

Online mr.bluesky

I wondered who she was ( Karlie Kloss)  :thumbsup: she's bloody gorgeous, I'd buy anything from her   :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 05:07:08 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online mr.bluesky

Sadly we won't see Karlie striding across our screens for another year - its all holidays, flu remedies, slimming drinks  and part works

Someone should sign her up to advertise holidays,  you can just imagine her striding across a sandy beach in a skimpy bikini.  :wacko:

Online mr.bluesky

The latest Currys advert where all the sales persons have beards. One of the most stupidest adverts on tv.

Offline webpunter

The latest Currys advert where all the sales persons have beards. One of the most stupidest adverts on tv.

As for KnowHow they are clueless

Offline timsussex

wouldn't stride the same without the high heels - but I suppose I would cope !

Offline timsussex

the latest part work magazine - Build a Lancaster bomber - 1st issue only £1.99 but briefly it does tell you that it comes in 130 parts and the normal price is £10.99

that would make it  £1419.70 for the complete kit !

The real thing only cost £42k in 1943 - so every 30 models they sell could have paid for a real one ! 

Final cost was around £100k to get one with crew, fuel and bombs over Germany

External Link/Members Only.

Offline webpunter

Holiday adverts are tedious
I will never book a holiday off the back of an ad
This advert is different:  External Link/Members Only
Coz the model is FAF
I'm gonna wazz her up on the WWWWWE thread

As if she'd be going on a Jet2 holiday  :rolleyes:
Full of northern monkeys for starters, Jet2 is how they go on holiday  ;) :D

Taking her on holiday best to turn left boarding the plane if you wanna stand the smallest of small chances with her 
Either that or a private jet

Offline webpunter

the latest part work magazine - Build a Lancaster bomber - 1st issue only £1.99 but briefly it does tell you that it comes in 130 parts and the normal price is £10.99

The real thing only cost £42k in 1943 - so every 30 models they sell could have paid for a real one ! 

Quality post & intel  :hi:
Only two years & some to build  :rolleyes:
& you can guarantee some of the stuff posted will go astray never received
Then you have to pay an extortionate price to order a replacement
If ever there was a case of mis-selling this has to be top of the pile

Online mr.bluesky

And if it comes out once a week it would take  2  1/2 years to build  :dash:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 08:51:15 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

Have just seen the advert
Is it obvious that it will cost £1,419.70 to build ?
Err .... nope
Breach of trading standards IMO

Cant recall which channel i saw the ad on
If i see it again i might just go on the link & see what it shows in terms of price transparency
Hopefully can find out where they are & send a cuntish anonymous email to the local trading standards office [TSO]
Its easy to find info on Co's House
This is rip off stuff big styley
If i see the advert again when sending the email to TSO i'll copy in whichever channel it is showing exploitative adverts

External Link/Members Only
Scale 1:72 & IIRC the one on the advert 1:36, so half the size
Face bothered
£39.99
& you just know that the cunts selling the subscription model are never gonna deliver all the parts
Or do a runner having banked plenty of dosh

As if anyone is gonna spend 2 1/2 years making a model  :rolleyes:

Offline JontyR

Err .... nope

Cant recall which channel i saw the ad on
If i see it again i might just go on the link & see what it shows in terms of price transparency
Hopefully can find out where they are & send a cuntish anonymous email to the local trading standards office [TSO]
Its easy to find info on Co's House
This is rip off stuff big styley
If i see the advert again when sending the email to TSO i'll copy in whichever channel it is showing exploitative adverts

External Link/Members Only
Scale 1:72 & IIRC the one on the advert 1:36, so half the size
Face bothered
£39.99
& you just know that the cunts selling the subscription model are never gonna deliver all the parts
Or do a runner having banked plenty of dosh

As if anyone is gonna spend 2 1/2 years making a model  :rolleyes:
I'm guessing that their argument will be it comes with a magazine and the cost is for that as much as the model pieces.

Offline timsussex

Err .... nope

As this has been the standard type of ad for the last few years I would assume the info has been passed as legal.
IIRC the small print is larger these days and stays on screen for a little longer

oh and the £1419.70 doesnt include batteries - also helpfully noted in the ad

Online mr.bluesky

I recently nominated the Currys advert where the sales people had beards now the latest one showing them eating paper to gain knowledge is just as stupid. I think this is also dangerous as any young kids watching this might be influenced and try  following their example and end up choking.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 07:08:47 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

I recently nominated the Currys advert where the sales people had beards now the latest one showing them eating paper to gain knowledge is just as stupid. I think this is also dangerous as any young kids watching this might be influenced and try  following their example and end up choking.

that would simply be natural selection in action - almost worthy of a Darwin Award

Offline David1970

Red32 advert with that knob with the annoying voice

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Bloody Virgin Altlantic Airways and their annoying advert. I think I'd rather row across the Atlantic than fly with them.

Yes I'm never flying with them again,woke BS.

Offline Ghost89

The dominos advert boils my piss. The just eat adverts with Christina and the other woman warbling away.
As stated the build a Lancaster bomber which will never get finished. This is just one of many of the build a whatever in 10 years kits that’ll be coming out post Xmas.

Offline lewisjones23

On The Beach package holidays

They have a family on there and the boy, aged about 8, is obese and they show him stuffing his face from an airport lounge buffet

Does my head in for some reason so they're firmly on the avoid list

Offline David1970

They have a family on there and the boy, aged about 8, is obese and they show him stuffing his face from an airport lounge buffet

The kind of holiday and family I would avoid at all cost.

Offline lewisjones23

The kind of holiday and family I would avoid at all cost.

Exactly

Fat and lazy, make a big deal out of going in an airport lounge when anyone with £30'odd spare can go in them

Lower/working class and likely be loud and annoying on the plane/around the pool etc

Offline Sb789

Agree, no problem with them if they won’t to go all out on the inclusivity thing but why does that have to be their main selling point.

Offline Sb789

Can’t get in the lounges at Manchester anymore because they are full of On The Beach travellers treating it like an all you can eat buffet while the kids run around. Getting grumpy in my old age.

Offline David1970

I like the music in this advert.

Online mr.bluesky

I like the music in this advert.

I find the song just as annoying as the advert .

Offline lewisjones23

Can’t get in the lounges at Manchester anymore because they are full of On The Beach travellers treating it like an all you can eat buffet while the kids run around. Getting grumpy in my old age.

Haven't had that issue myself

I've started paying for the 1903 lounge at Manchester T2 now, its about a tenner more expensive but it does   provide a better experience, all be it limited to 2 hours

Offline DastardlyDick

I remember this well - from what I can gather, it cost them a lot in sales.
That must be why it's now "private" on You Tube.

Offline FiveKnuckles

Someone club me with a baseball bats with nails so I don't have to watch another Halfords ad with that redhead.   Who gives a flying fuck about your wipers and tyres.  Just get the baps out you daft cow  :sarcastic:

Online StingRay

I see the dandruff cunt is back with another advert - makes me even more determined to not buy their stuff (but I don't have dandruff  :sarcastic::hi:

Offline Nickp

Dove - Fat knackers wearing too much ,ake up pretending they are hot.

Online The_Don

Amazon ads have been on the tv a lot lately showing how wonderful it is to work for them. Bloody hypocrits considering the bad press they recieved for the way they treated their workers and the shit conditions they had to put up with. Never used Amazon and have no intention of using them.
I remember them  I prefer buying off ebay for online market places
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 04:29:18 pm by The_Don »

Online RandomGuy99

The Tampax ads like a weather forecast aren't really convincing me to buy.

Offline timsussex

The Tampax ads like a weather forecast aren't really convincing me to buy.

Do you usually buy a lot of them  then ?

Online mr.bluesky

The Pot Noodle advert with the girl making the revolting slurping sound as she eats a Pot Noodle.

Offline PepeMAGA

The various Uber eats YouTube ads with a guy that sounds like he's struggling to string a sentence together.

Offline FLYING BLUE

Veri-sure alarms - god awful

The new Currys advert - FFS

Virgin Air - already been said above

DFS - Winter sale, Spring sale, Summer sale & Autumn sale - the never ending bloody sale

Those health insurance ad's - the one with the old couple & their fukin parsnips

KFC & McDogshits - well, to be fair, I wouldn't buy them anyway 'cos it's utter shite

Anything that's advertised by "the wonderful" Debbie McGee........

I have more but it's time for me to lie down in a darkened place :hi:

Online RandomGuy99

Offline I like natural boobs

Ice cream bar lolly adverts like Magnum that have skinny glamorous women eating them. They're thin because they don't eat stuff like that. They could have attractive plus size models on ice cream adverts instead.

Offline Corus Boy

Online StingRay

The Pot Noodle advert with the girl making the revolting slurping sound as she eats a Pot Noodle.

Agreed, quite disgusting  :vomit:

Must be difficult if you have children watching, but I would hope that nobody would feed children this shit anyway!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:34:14 pm by StingRay »

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Yes this gets the mute button,what is an ad execs thought process in approving something that just annoys people?

Offline gonewest