Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Scottish Government help for prossies  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Massagetugga

Heard this announced today. Can’t imagine injecting a bit of money into some services is a great help to girls struggling but it made a good headline.

External Link/Members Only

Offline J_H

Not £60k, no - a drop in the ocean; what does it amount to, less than 500 punts?

I did think the support network called 'Vice Versa' was a bit tongue in cheek .. unless it's for T-Girls right enough!!

Offline Massagetugga

Nice enough little bonus for the organisations that’ll get a share but certainly nothing to get excited about. Can’t imagine the girls disagreeing.

I heard it on nationwide BBC radio news this morning and to me it sort of implying the Scottish Government are wonderful forward thinkers. Maybe just a lucky headline for them with someone picking up on the press release.

Offline HumphryB

Although a noble endevour and a bit of welcome support, the nuance is the usual shit assuming all sex workers are victims.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:59:04 pm by HumphryB »

Offline Name Not Found

I see the local news rags' comment pages on Facebook are full of narrow-minded assholes complaining that the supporting charities are getting a few quid. Good to see people keeping their prejudices up to speed at this difficult time.

Offline Massagetugga

I see the local news rags' comment pages on Facebook are full of narrow-minded assholes complaining that the supporting charities are getting a few quid. Good to see people keeping their prejudices up to speed at this difficult time.

Quite amazing.

Offline mrwhite

Looking at the names of some of the charities that benefit it looks more like the SNP are giving money to sex work abolition charities

Offline Name Not Found

Looking at the names of some of the charities that benefit it looks more like the SNP are giving money to sex work abolition charities

I'm not sure how you managed to come to that conclusion just based on looking at the names :unknown: but if you had bothered to actually look at what those organizations do you would have your assumption is largely wrong. A route out of prostitution will always be a valid area of focus for some people and organizations, but by no means for all.

Offline Matrix

Has anyone checked out their wonderful misogynist laws?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strangely no misandry law, however.  Must be equality or something.

Essentially, if I call someone who's being a cunt, a cunt, it's illegal if they have a cunt and not if they don't.  Absolutely brilliant.  :hi: :thumbsup: :drinks:

Offline mrwhite

I'm not sure how you managed to come to that conclusion just based on looking at the names :unknown: but if you had bothered to actually look at what those organizations do you would have your assumption is largely wrong. A route out of prostitution will always be a valid area of focus for some people and organizations, but by no means for all.
Mission statement of the first charity mentioned in the article:
"work in partnership with Police Scotland and the Third Sector to prevent women from becoming involved in prostitution, support women to exit prostitution, tackle the demand for street prostitution, reduce the impact of street prostitution on communities and increase the intelligence picture of street prostitution across Glasgow."

(my highlighting)

And I guessed that would be the type of mission statement based on the charity name.

Another tries to reduce the effect of homelessness for women leaving the profession.

The other two support sex workers in their exit from the profession!  (They also offer sexual health support and free condoms)

Online Colston36

"work in partnership with Police Scotland and the Third Sector to prevent women from becoming involved in prostitution, support women to exit prostitution, tackle the demand for street prostitution, reduce the impact of street prostitution on communities and increase the intelligence picture of street prostitution across Glasgow."

(my highlighting)

And I guessed that would be the type of mission statement based on the charity name.

Another tries to reduce the effect of homelessness for women leaving the profession.

The other two support sex workers in their exit from the profession!  (They also offer sexual health support and free condoms)

I only have to see the words "mission statement" to know there's a load of bollocks on its way. Rather sad, too. I imagine it was, like most political acts, taken because it looked good but with no care taken to find out who they were planning to piss away money on. But there is a rich vein of hypocrisy in Scotland, anyhow. (Not that there isn't in England).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:02:33 pm by Colston36 »

Offline Name Not Found

(my highlighting)

I said you assumption was largely wrong, which it is.   Supporting people exiting the profession is not the same thing as trying to stop them working.

Offline Marmalade

Offline Name Not Found

Swiss as always logically ahead of the game.
External Link/Members Only

I'm hoping it's going to be 'doggy only', in which case I'll be a very happy man  :dance:

Offline Lilywhite

• Service Provider

Correct.

Offline Massagetugga

Correct.

Having taken a closer look you’re absolutely right which is very different to the headline I picked up upon. I suppose some of the organisations do do good work though particularly where human trafficking is concerned.