Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Comedians who annoy the shit out of you  (Read 10495 times)

Online sparkus

Not really any need to mention or list the usual suspects of those who are mostly banned from playing venues (Jim Davidson, Chubby Brown etc.) but my starters are:

1. Michael McIntyre - always switch over if he's on anything
2. Tim Key - ruins others' comedy programmes (Alan Partridge, Peep Show)
3. Brian Conley - thank fuck he's consigned to musicals
4. Nish Kumar - seriously mate, try telling a fucking joke

Offline winkywanky

Nish Kumar.

Actually, not funny at all, but right-on, PC jokes seeping out of his every pore.

I saw him years ago at a stand-up gig with some other unknowns, he was as useless then as he is now.

Online mr.bluesky

Jimmy Carr. Just comes across as mr. Smug

Offline hillingdonpete

sarah millican. WTF is funny about her?

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
James Acaster
Joe Lycett
Sara Pascoe

Having said that I'm not the target audience. I also thought Fleabag was as funny as genocide and poorly written, but nobody seems to agree with me. There's other comedies that have nailed the middle-class dating problems, namely Coupling.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
sarah millican. WTF is funny about her?
Fat woman from Tyneside and yet I don't want to fuck her.

Online WARSZAWA16

Nish Kumar.
Rob Beckett.
Angela Barnes.
Michael McIntyre.
David Baddiel.
Joe Lycett.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:07:48 pm by WARSZAWA16 »

Offline hornyguylondon

Not really any need to mention or list the usual suspects of those who are mostly banned from playing venues (Jim Davidson, Chubby Brown etc.) but my starters are:

You wont like Jimmy Jones then  :rolleyes:
Saw Mcintyre in March just before lockdown - must admit I was surprised how good he was.
Never seen Tim Key stand up but liked him in Plebs
All female comedians - although Katherine Ryan is quick witted ;)

Offline martini2429

• Temp ban until
    27/02/24 @ 16:24
  • Reviews: 0
Jimmy Carr. Just comes across as mr. Smug

And what's with that annoying laugh  :scare: :scare: :scare:

:drinks:

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator

I don't know I think a lot of their notoriety comes from petty jealously. The likes of Rob Beckett or Ben Elton whoever wished they had their timing and following. Also, I'm not saying they necessarily great comedians, but people like Jimmy Carr can't imagine the shit holes they had to work in, if you didn't make the crowd laugh you didn't get booed off you risked not working again or getting a beating. And there's the fact you couldn't just be a comedian back the: Chubby a great piano player and OK song writer, Manning probably could have made it as a singer if it wasn't for his face, Davidson a fairly decent actor, Bob Monkhouse a gifted cartoonist, Connolly and Jasper Carrott both folk musicians. Like I say I'm not the target audience for Nish Kumar, but maybe he made it through hard work, but fuck me he ain't funny.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:58:33 pm by Ali Katt »

Offline stampjones

Sarah pascoe is the unfunniest person ever. Wouldnt mind so much if she didnt feel compelled to open her gob every second she is on air.
Michael mcyntyre is an annoying cunt
The disabled girl, rosie something, I mean Im all for equal opportunities etc, but just cos you swear and use sexualised language doesnt make you funny
Agree with most comments on here but james acaster is funny as fuck imo

Offline The Outsider

Lenny Henry
Paddy McGuire
Peter Kay
Miranda Hart
David Walliams

Guess what I was watching earlier!  :dash:

Offline themaserman

Offline Thephoenix

Pretty well all the young ones, particularly compared to 'Doddy'

The master of mirth, and sadly missed. I attended his funeral at Liverpool cathedral. There were thousands there, and along the route of his procession.
Can't envisage any other comic drawing those crowds.

His  'Audience with' TV shows have stood the test of time.

But you certainly had to have some stamina to go to his live shows...... And the taxi fare home..... R.I.P.  Ken.

Offline hornyguylondon

Lenny Henry
Paddy McGuire
Peter Kay
Miranda Hart
David Walliams

Guess what I was watching earlier!  :dash:

Miranda Hart gangbang ?

Offline Beamer

Offline The Outsider

Miranda Hart gangbang ?

For once I'm pleased that social distancing means no sex!  :scare:

The BBC charity night had that full set on and still expected people to donate money.  Great cause; poor entertainment. 

Offline themaserman

Pretty well all the young ones, particularly compared to 'Doddy'

The master of mirth, and sadly missed. I attended his funeral at Liverpool cathedral. There were thousands there, and along the route of his procession.
Can't envisage any other comic drawing those crowds.

His  'Audience with' TV shows have stood the test of time.

But you certainly had to have some stamina to go to his live shows...... And the taxi fare home..... R.I.P.  Ken.
Doddy yes...A Legend!
Showing my age here though!

Offline hornyguylondon

Offline redveee

Jimmy Carr, only see him on Cats does Countdown and his laugh comes across as fake and put on.

Online sparkus

Nish Kumar.
Rob Beckett.
Angela Barnes.
Michael McIntyre.
David Baddiel.
Joe Lycett.

When I was a kid the 'Mary Whitehouse Experience' with him and Rob Newman was the talk of the school playground, no end of reciting the lines and all that at breaktime ("Milky milky" "That's you, that is,").  Once that was over, really don't see the point, either his put on footy banter or dismal sitcoms.

Online timsussex

On any forum when there is a thread like this there is invariably a best ever thread - and the same names crop up

Offline Kool Keef

When I was a kid the 'Mary Whitehouse Experience' with him and Rob Newman was the talk of the school playground, no end of reciting the lines and all that at breaktime ("Milky milky" "That's you, that is,").  Once that was over, really don't see the point, either his put on footy banter or dismal sitcoms.

Baddiel has been a lucky bastard, first Rob Newman carried him & then Frank Skinner.

Offline Kool Keef

Kathrine Ryan, staggeringly unfunny ubiquitous horse faced bint

Offline Clitheroelad

Kathrine Ryan, staggeringly unfunny ubiquitous horse faced bint

I wouldnt mind a go on her !

Offline Clitheroelad

Offline Blackpool Rock

Some gems already been mentioned but I can't stand

Michael McIntyre - Totally unfunny posh twat with an over rated opinion of himself
Jimmy Carr - As said his laugh just fucks me off (I find it quite taxing  :dance:)
Sarah Millican - Again just not funny
Lenny Henry was OK in the early days of Tiswas etc but went all political
Miranda Hart - Absolute shit

While I quite like his stuff another one with a false laugh which spoils stuff is Ricky Gervais

Used to quite like "Live at the Appollo" as they had some quite funny comedians on with an occasional duff one but not it seems to be mainly duff ones with an occasional good one.
Actually started watching it last night and didn't crack a laugh at the hosts performance or the 1st few minutes of the next act so turned it off  :thumbsdown:

Have to say I do quite like Greg Davies and his pie sketch makes me piss myself laughing every time, always thought the cab driver could have been JRC  :hi:

External Link/Members Only

Online WARSZAWA16

Online Moby Dick

Donald Trump.
What a fucking clown he is.

Offline Kool Keef

Jack Whitehall & his twat dad

Offline Kool Keef

She's not on telly much any more thank fuck but she popped up on my TV the other day & I remembered how much she annoyed me, Ruby Wax.
We gave America The Beatles & The Stones & they sent us her  :dash:

Online sparkus

Offline Kool Keef

Offline Davey Dykes

Milky, milky was Hugh Dennis but agreed Baddiel has been somehow carried on to a further career by far superior partners. Maybe it's just me but I've never found the whole Jewish thing very funny.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:55:13 pm by Davey Dykes »

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Baddiel has been a lucky bastard, first Rob Newman carried him & then Frank Skinner.
Totally wrong. Baddiel was one of the first comedians to be a paid compère at the comedy store, which a  lot of comedians resented. I saw an interview with him I can't remember what he got paid it was something silly like £100 a night in the late 80s. So that means Frank Skinner and Rob Newman were often low billing to begin or I'm sure in some cases doing free gigs. A lot of comedians did shit like Red Shed charity gigs at that time.

No doubt in my mind Rob Newman and Frank Skinner are better stand-ups. Ironically, Skinner is a better joke writer, but Baddiel is a better writer at novels and scripts, ironic because I think Skinner was an English teacher. Rob Newman was a real tour de force his 1994 stand up on youtube proves it, but fuck me is his political stuff boring. And his self-destructive streak cost him and set his career back.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Milky, milky was Hugh Dennis but agreed Baddiel has been somehow carried on to a further career by far superior partners. Maybe it's just me but I've never found the whole Jewish thing very funny.
I love Jewish humour Curb Your Enthusiasm is no doubt one of the best comedy shows of the last 20 years. I keep getting told how much of a genius Gervais is, but his sitcoms are all borrowed off Larry David and Gary Shandling and to a lesser extent Steve Coogan.

I think what people forget is Baddiel and Newman were not Laurel and Hardy. They performed stand up largely solo and did a few sketches which they co-wrote with Punt and Dennis and Sean Lock who was the warm up guy.

Offline Chorley

Joe Lycett. Deeply unfunny,  smug right on  millennial,  PC woke cunt!  :dash: :dash: :dash:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:10:20 pm by Chorley »

Offline Chorley

And what's with that annoying laugh  :scare: :scare: :scare:

:drinks:
Sounds like a fucking coked up seal taking part in a gangbang.  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline hornyguylondon

I love Jewish humour Curb Your Enthusiasm is no doubt one of the best comedy shows of the last 20 years. I keep getting told how much of a genius Gervais is, but his sitcoms are all borrowed off Larry David and Gary Shandling and to a lesser extent Steve Coogan.

I think what people forget is Baddiel and Newman were not Laurel and Hardy. They performed stand up largely solo and did a few sketches which they co-wrote with Punt and Dennis and Sean Lock who was the warm up guy.
Curb Your Enthusiasm is my fav - he's one of very few comedians that isnt afraid to take on subjects that are typically taboo nowadays.  One of the reasons I like Gervais too - dying breed unfortunately  :rolleyes:

Offline Blackpool Rock

I loved the Mary Whitehouse experience then the spin off Baddiel and Newman as they realised the two of them would be good on their own as they bounced off each other so well however in real life they apparently couldn't stand each other  :diablo:

Offline winkywanky

I know this is a thread about comedians you hate, but who was the guy with the weak lemonade drink, the trainspotter type?

He used to crack me up. On the Richard Herring Show or summat?

Offline winkywanky

I actually met him in person years later, he was amused and actually touched that that was what I'd remembered him for  :D.

Online sparkus

I know this is a thread about comedians you hate, but who was the guy with the weak lemonade drink, the trainspotter type?

Lee and Herring had their moments on that Sunday morning show but Fist of Fun was dire and their solo stuff not up to much either.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'd forgotten about that  :D
External Link/Members Only

Offline Blackpool Rock

Online sparkus

Kevin Eldon  :cool:.

Was the funniest thing on that programme tbh, especially the unorthodox vicar: External Link/Members Only