Author Topic: Darlington - be careful  (Read 1945 times)

Offline TM85

Just seen a post on social media about some houses that residents are watching and threatening to post pics up of punters and cars in Darlington.
The area it’s in I would guess most likely to be Roms working from them.

Offline scutty brown

Just seen a post on social media about some houses that residents are watching and threatening to post pics up of punters and cars in Darlington.
The area it’s in I would guess most likely to be Roms working from them.

Give us a clue - which road? Which houses?
Or post a link to the "social media" report

Offline TM85

Denes area near a betting shop.
I don’t want too be too specific as it’s from a closed group on FB

Offline daviemac

Give us a clue - which road? Which houses?
Or post a link to the "social media" report
It's not the first time, happens every now and again. Links to this type of thing on FB have never been allowed.

Denes area near a betting shop.
I don’t want too be too specific as it’s from a closed group on FB
Cheers.
Its been a while but I know the one.
I have used it for Roms as you say, plus Chinese and also have had 2 fails there as well hence me not using it now.

Offline mazbaz72

Can you be more specific please the denes is very large area

Offline jammy273

TM85 said near a betting shop. Given there is only one bookies along the length of the Denes i think that is pretty specific

Offline BoroPool

The only betting shop I know has closed. There is one on West Auckland road too near cockerton but might not be classes as Denes. Thinking of the one that closed on corner

I would think locals are referring to Barningham Street which is the next street to the bookies on the corner off Salisbury Terrace. There are defo roms working in Barningham Street

Offline scutty brown

Interesting that at least one block of flats on Barningham St is being deliberately marketed to Poles on booking.com
https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/barningham-street.cs.html