Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Too many fake profiles of AdultWork  (Read 3927 times)

Tony Charles 69

The number of pathetically obvious fake profiles on AW is just ridiculous. Take this one...

External Link/Members Only

How on earth AW verified this one is beyond me? What a crock of shite AW really is  :angry:

Offline Taggart

There's been a marked increase in the past few months, and the site is getting flooded by scammers, bait & switch merchants and pimp-created profiles.

Unless there is any inclination from AW management - and based on past experience they are utterly useless and lethargic - it's something we are stuck with. The only hope is that experienced and knowledgeable punters provide info to others, then the effect of these scum scammers will be minimised.

Offline jamesblue

She's not my cup of tea but TBH I could not see what was so obviously fake about that profile. :( However Im a newbie.

The photos are not air-brushed and dont look too polished, she is average in the looks dept and she has a tel no.What am I missing?

Offline Daffodil

She's not my cup of tea but TBH I could not see what was so obviously fake about that profile. :( However Im a newbie.

The photos are not air-brushed and dont look too polished, she is average in the looks dept and she has a tel no.What am I missing?

A major red flag is that 'she' has already hidden 'her' feedback  :thumbsdown:

Offline Daffodil

A major red flag is that 'she' has already hidden 'her' feedback  :thumbsdown:

It doesn't necessarily mean fake, but it definitely means 'handle with care'  :hi:

potato

As Daff says, hidden feedback is a definite warning sign. 1 feedback that is positive and is hidden - that will be from her pimp or at the very least a fake punter profile.

Offline hockogrockle

I have to say I agree with the original post. Now that Eastern European scammers seem to have wised up to the existence of the Adultwork site, it is encountering what I regard as some fairly serious problems which are not going to be easy to resolve. Four or five years ago, the number of picture-selling  women who logged in regularly but never read e-mails was fairly small, and the site administrators deleted them quickly if they were drawn to their attention.
I have a feeling that they are now drowning under the sheer number of fake posts that are being reported: just look at the length of the thread on this issue, which is probably just the above-water part of the iceberg, even if it is (hopefully) more than the tip.

Offline Daffodil

The verification picture exercise has the potential to help, but they're not doing it right. They're not even checking the pictures match the girl, or following up at a later date.

The problem is they're relying on a flawed system, and treating it like it's gold-standard. Good luck trying to get a 'verified' profile removed.

Offline Jimmyredcab

What a crock of shite AW really is  :angry:

Agree totally and it has got worse over the last year, it is obvious to me that professional scammers are making an awful lot of money.    :thumbsdown:

Sadly there is no viable alternative.    :unknown:

Offline Dani

• Service Provider
AW have not verified the profile.  They just have not had any complaints calling it fake yet to ensure she does verify.  One complaint to AW and she will have 48 hours to prove who she is or they will remove her.  Obviously she is not English so verification will also give her nationality.

They do also remove verified profiles on one complaint.  I have had to verify many times as someone has reported my photos as being fake (like I wouldn't pick better fake ones ffs) and my profile has been taken down until I re verify again

vorian

AW have not verified the profile.  They just have not had any complaints calling it fake yet to ensure she does verify.  One complaint to AW and she will have 48 hours to prove who she is or they will remove her.  Obviously she is not English so verification will also give her nationality.

They do also remove verified profiles on one complaint.  I have had to verify many times as someone has reported my photos as being fake (like I wouldn't pick better fake ones ffs) and my profile has been taken down until I re verify again

Stupid question Dani, how does a punter report a profile to AW.  :unknown:

Offline Steve2

At the bottom of the profile is a link "genuine profile?"

click and away you go

I have found AW to respond positively to reported fake profiles mostly

vorian

At the bottom of the profile is a link "genuine profile?"

click and away you go

I have found AW to respond positively to reported fake profiles mostly

Sorry Steve, I just had a look at this profile and can't see where is said "genuine profile" I am probably being stupid

Offline Jimmyredcab

Sorry Steve, I just had a look at this profile and can't see where is said "genuine profile" I am probably being stupid

It says "Authentic member" ------------------ bottom left hand corner.    :hi:

vorian

It says "Authentic member" ------------------ bottom left hand corner.    :hi:

Thanks Jimmy got it now, and I have just reported this one lets see what happens.

cornbeefinspector

this is the reason I have joined here, hopefully you guys will help me to get better punts, and fewer nightmare ones

wading thru all the crap on AW takes ten times longer than a punt, and you never know if the feedback is left by the girls or their pimps

vorian

this is the reason I have joined here, hopefully you guys will help me to get better punts, and fewer nightmare ones

wading thru all the crap on AW takes ten times longer than a punt, and you never know if the feedback is left by the girls or their pimps

Welcome to UKP, may I suggest having a look around the reviews for the region you are based in. If you like the look of a WG, most members will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Also if you do find a prossie you find interesting on AW see if she has been discussed on here before. A punt if never risk free, but you can reduce the risk of a bad punt by using the resources on this site. :)

Online akauya

1 - At the bottom of the profile pages there's a link that says "Authentic Member?" click on it
2 - At the bottom of the next page you will see a line that says: If you believe that [prossies' name] ... is in breach [etc] please report them to us here.
3 - Click on the "here" link and you will get YET another fucking popup page then click on Fake Profiles link.
4 - Then fill in the form that comes up.

They don't fucking make it easy do they?

cornbeefinspector

Welcome to UKP, may I suggest having a look around the reviews for the region you are based in. If you like the look of a WG, most members will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Also if you do find a prossie you find interesting on AW see if she has been discussed on here before. A punt if never risk free, but you can reduce the risk of a bad punt by using the resources on this site. :)

many thanks Vorian, I will take my time and have a good look around

vorian

1 - At the bottom of the profile pages there's a link that says "Authentic Member?" click on it
2 - At the bottom of the next page you will see a line that says: If you believe that [prossies' name] ... is in breach [etc] please report them to us here.
3 - Click on the "here" link and you will get YET another fucking popup page then click on Fake Profiles link.
4 - Then fill in the form that comes up.

They don't fucking make it easy do they?

They don't do they but now I know where it is they can expect to be hearing from me a lot more.

Offline Taggart

Maybe, just maybe, if the owners/controllers of AW get a barrage of fake profile claims from punters, rather than us ignoring them, they can either do something or chose to do nothing. I suspect the latter as they generally show a high degree of distain to punter.

I guess the answer to rid the site of scammers is in our hands but needs vigilence and time to monitor, which some of us just dont have.

vorian

Maybe, just maybe, if the owners/controllers of AW get a barrage of fake profile claims from punters, rather than us ignoring them, they can either do something or chose to do nothing. I suspect the latter as they generally show a high degree of distain to punter.

I guess the answer to rid the site of scammers is in our hands but needs vigilence and time to monitor, which some of us just dont have.

True but if we all do a small part of the overall task, does not need to take that much time or effort.

Offline Steve2

They don't do they but now I know where it is they can expect to be hearing from me a lot more.

Good for you Vorian

If only a few more members here reported fake profiles it would help BUT most are too complacent and expect others to do it for them

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Online akauya

Good for you Vorian

If only a few more members here reported fake profiles it would help BUT most are too complacent and expect others to do it for them

Not only that but some just moan and moan about it non stop. One would think they like moaning more than punting...

I try to report fakes as much as possible. So far every single one I reported has been deleted.  :dance:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Good for you Vorian

Fake profiles are not a problem for me, I don't punt every day like some on here. 

If in doubt I simply move on.    :hi:

vorian

Fake profiles are not a problem for me, I don't punt every day like some on here. 

If in doubt I simply move on.    :hi:

True Jimmy, it is easy to move on but another less experienced punter may not realise that he is looking at a fake profile and at best stupidly spend money on a PG scam or at worst have a B&S. I don't mind spending a few seconds to report a fake profile if it help another punter have a better punt. It is only a drop in the ocean true but if everyone did just a drop it can make a difference in the long term.  :)

Offline Jimmyredcab

I don't mind spending a few seconds to report a fake profile if it help another punter have a better punt.

That is very considerate of you but futile.    :thumbsdown:

As soon as one fake profile gets taken down another two appear.

Jacob started a thread on Sept 16 2010 called "Suspected Adultwork Scams" which has had over half a million views, the problem of dodgy profiles is as bad as ever.    :thumbsdown:

Offline Rooster

So what exactly are the fake profiles for? Is it as serious as attempting to rob or blackmail a client who turns up? Personally I ignore any profiles with zero or hidden feedback no matter how tempting they look.

Offline Jimmyredcab

So what exactly are the fake profiles for?

Many are simply private gallery scams, they cost nothing to set up so there is nothing to lose, Adultwork are not too concerned because if they do eventually remove the profile they confisgate the credits, they don't give refunds.  :thumbsdown:

Other fake profiles can be bait and switch, the stunning girl in the profile will not be the girl you get to meet.  :thumbsdown: