Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thai baht  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Jimmyredcab

Fans of Thailand will be pleased to hear that the exchange rate has improved slightly, Bangkok Bank is offering 53.58 to £, one year ago it was 47.91.

For every £100 you change up you will get an extra 567 baht.

Not sure why this is, maybe the political unrest in Thailand has weakened the Baht.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Cactus

Forgive my ignorance, but having never been, but thinking about going out there later this year, what would 567baht get me? Decent feed and a couple of beers, or am I being over optimistic?

My old man pretty much lives out there now and I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going to visit him later in the year.  He bought an apartment in patia years ago when the exchange rate was 80odd baht to the £. He now spends most of his time in Bangkok though and rents out the flat to a mate of his.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Forgive my ignorance, but having never been, but thinking about going out there later this year, what would 567baht get me? Decent feed and a couple of beers, or am I being over optimistic?

The locals would pay 50 baht for a meal from one of the food carts so you will get a very good meal including drinks for 567 baht.

Offline latecomer

It is the political unrest which is weakening the Baht and today (it's Monday out there now) is the big day when the protestors want to bring Bangkok to a standstill.  I see quite a nasty situation developing as I was out there 20 years ago when there was all the shooting and an army coup.  I'm not sure how things are going to get resolved this time.  Good time to keep an eye on the exchange rate and stock up on Baht, though.

Offline Jimmyredcab

It is the political unrest which is weakening the Baht and today (it's Monday out there now) is the big day when the protestors want to bring Bangkok to a standstill. 

I can understand why they are pissed off, they get rid of Thaksin and then his sister takes over.

Pattaya should not be affected, just don't talk politics ---- or insult the King.   :D

Offline Jerboa

You making a return then Jimmy? :)

Cactus as your dad lives there I'm sure he can give you some good insight, the thing with a budget, like any place it's up to you how much you spend, on beer, food, hotels and women, I can live like a rock star or live like a Thai, you can pay 500 odd baht for a western meal with imported meat, or pay a few baht for noodles, or chicken fried rice, up to you.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You making a return then Jimmy? :)

I actually fancy Brazil but decent hotels in Rio seem to be over £100 a night so it is possible that I may return to Thailand, I also fancy UAE but don't like the idea of being forced to drink in hotels -------- no pubs or bars as far as I know.
If I go it will be late February.  :hi:

Offline Cactus

Cactus as your dad lives there I'm sure he can give you some good insight, the thing with a budget, like any place it's up to you how much you spend, on beer, food, hotels and women, I can live like a rock star or live like a Thai, you can pay 500 odd baht for a western meal with imported meat, or pay a few baht for noodles, or chicken fried rice, up to you.

I've asked him about Thailand on a number of occassions when he comes back for a couple of months at a time, however I never want to go into that much detail with him as I don't know if I actually want to know all of what he gets up to out there.  I'm sure he feels the same about what I get up to when I'm out and about. 

He's given me tips on where and when to visit, costs of eating/drinking etc but I was just interested in what the additional baht would get me.  I think if I went I wouldn't punt as I don't find Thai women attractive, but I would like to go and do the whole tourist thing. I've travelled a fair bit over the last 10 years, but never been to Asia.  I like to eat well when I go away, but accomodation in my opinion is somewhere to lay your head at night, so I don't mind roughing it a bit in that regard.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I think if I went I wouldn't punt as I don't find Thai women attractive.

The vast majority are unattractive, I don't punt that much myself, maybe 4 times in 15 days.   

My main tip for you is to avoid the rainy season, look at this You-Tube clip, Walking Street has turned into a river.

Offline Cactus

The vast majority are unattractive, I don't punt that much myself, maybe 4 times in 15 days.   

My main tip for you is to avoid the rainy season, look at this You-Tube clip, Walking Street has turned into a river.

So avoid July to October?  The old man is due back in May for a couple of months, so will see what he is saying then.  If I was to go I would likely head out in November/December/January to avoid the hottest times and the wet season, plus it's also the quietest time of the year for me for work so could justify a longer break.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:16:18 pm by Cactus »

Offline Jimmyredcab

So avoid July to October? 

November to March seems to be the best time to go if you want to avoid the rain --------

James999

My main tip for you is to avoid the rainy season,

The floods are also a problem, sometimes the water is up to the girls bollocks  :hi:

Offline Steve2

The floods are also a problem, sometimes the water is up to the girls bollocks  :hi:

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Cactus you've set Jimmy off again,  :dash:

Ok everyone has different tastes, but If you go to Pattaya you should be able to find something to your taste, with the amount of available women there It's just a case of looking.

A small selection.  ;)

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

Jerboa, having met you I have the greatest respect for you but those photos don't change my opinion, wash off the makeup and they will look pretty rough, I have barfined many "stunners" only to be shocked when they emerge from the shower.   :thumbsdown:

Offline Jerboa

Jimmy most women look less attractive once the warpaint is removed, the plan is to find one who still looks nice the next morning, like most punters some nights the beer goggles have been on, but mostly I pick attractive girls, some nights I can end up with a stunner and others with a still nice looker, I don't expect to barfine Miss Thailand every night, personality and sanuk Is also Important, and hopefully performance will be good but we never can really tell.