Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Long time lurker!  (Read 1998 times)

batista

"Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster"

"Hi all. Long-time lurker and found the site really useful, so have decided to start posting some reviews in return"

How realible are reviews from such so called long time lurkers I very much doubt such reviews here.

vorian

"Hi all. Long-time lurker and found the site really useful, so have decided to start posting some reviews in return"

How realible are reviews from such so called long time lurkers I very much doubt such reviews here.

Welcome to being a contributing member. I'm sure most people started by being a long term lurker, I know i was one. Sorry not sure what you mean in your last sentence could you clarify for me please.

batista

Welcome to being a contributing member. I'm sure most people started by being a long term lurker, I know i was one. Sorry not sure what you mean in your last sentence could you clarify for me please.

I was looking some reviews in this site for few days and noticed that most reviews for such posters who just joined and wrote reviews are acutally useless and seems very mixed up reviews even though the contents of review says they are not satisfied with a punt but putting a positive. It appears to me they can't justify what is differece of positive or negative reviews although claming a long time lurker so it's just they join in the forum to get some reply from others. And that's why I said how we can rely on those reviews.

vorian

Ah I see thanks for expanding on your point for me. I agree with you, I myself have only been an active member for a few weeks and I can see where you are coming from. I made a mistake with one of the first mini reviews I completed. It didn't have any structure and I put a very silly subjective comment about "clicking" with a WG which was jumped upon by some other members as being negative. When in reality the punt was very good.

That was a mistake I learned a lot from and hope my reviews in the future will be clearer to other punters. Think many lurkers who then post will have the same problem at first until they settle in. I did start a thread about having a more standardised review template to help with structure and clarity but the response was that the vast majority preferred the free style way reviews are completed on here as opposed to AW field reports and %%%.

Reviews on UKP are very important to me as they feel more independent and honest than most other punting sites which often have an agenda to promote. I would also be suspicious if a new member posted a single review and then did not actively contribute in other discussion.  There is always a possibility that a WG/pimp may join solely to tout or attack their competitors.  The bulls hit radar of the admin/mods and the more experienced members in very acute and I have seen many of these people caught and shot down very quickly.

I believe that reviews on this site are massively helpful but only part of the bigger picture I still would do my homework before booking a new WG and try to read between the lines of a review and only focus on the facts and not subjective opinion. 

For example level of attractiveness is very subjective, I like slim red heads you might like curvy blondes both are equally valid choices.  Where I think multiple reviews really can help is exposing dishonesty such as likes not not being available,  scams, bait and switch and a poor attitude.

So can new reviews by lurkers be trusted, no, not on their own but as part of a larger solution then yes they do indeed have value. After all we all started with a first post and a first review hopefully people will stick around long enough to learn from their mistakes and go on to produce more relevant and valuable reviews as time goes by.

Toshiba

Like all forums, the more you stick around the more you get believed

Easy really

LL

Welcome.
Just keep posting your reviews.  I will be suspicious at first just like most other people here.  However, if you keep posting then other people will chip in to confirm what you've written.  If you describe some details about the location (e.g. top floor flat) or the girl (e.g. tattoo on her back which is not visible in her pics) then others will know you've actually been there and seen the girl and you're not just making it up.  Also don't just review girls from the same group otherwise people will suspect you're connected to that group somehow.  Make sure you include some negative points in your reviews to give them balance.  There are always some negative points.  If you can't think of any, think harder!

Offline CBPaul

Give us an idea of who you've seen - the good and the bad - and as others have said, as you post more your credibility will go up. Personally I don't take much notice of the more subjective stuff - looks, body etc as it is each to their own. Whether a profile is accurate - the WG is as advertised, is of great importance though. 

Trolls and touts tend to get spotted pretty quickly but one off posts which either heartily recommend a perfect WG or  warn against the worst on the planet can't be believed too much.

Welcome and glad you are contributing.

Offline joe diddley

With 15 posts of which only two give us the barest mention of any WG experience your own contributions haven't exactly been inspiring. Come back and moan about lurkers when you've had something interesting to tell us yourself mate. Until then you're more use to the rest of us as a lurker yourself.

Offline kenlovesspaniard

I joined 2 days ago, previously I was a lurker.
The first thing I did was to write down all the punts I had in the past 2 months XD Hopefully I have banished the lurker status and again hopefully I will deter the trolls and abusive comments.   :manhater:

I personally think if you read the feedback section and it has lead you to a good punt that you otherwise would have miss out, you should probably contribute.

Offline cueball

Welcome Ken and well done in the glut of reviews. I too thought like you, if I'm taking info and recommendations from reviews etc it's only fair to contribute back.

Offline IAMBATMAN

Welcome Ken and well done in the glut of reviews. I too thought like you, if I'm taking info and recommendations from reviews etc it's only fair to contribute back.

+1 on that cueball Ive said it before and ill say it again ppl with hundreds of posts but not a single review really grinds my gears worse than lurkers imo. i was a lurker for about 2 weeks before i joined, you and me both joined in December kudos to you on the amount of post/reviews you have accumulated in that short time  :hi:

Offline cueball

+1 on that cueball Ive said it before and ill say it again ppl with hundreds of posts but not a single review really grinds my gears worse than lurkers imo. i was a lurker for about 2 weeks before i joined, you and me both joined in December kudos to you on the amount of post/reviews you have accumulated in that short time  :hi:

Ha ha, cheers batty, it's been a great release for me has coming on here. It has been great chatting and reviewing something I've been doing secretly for so many years.

I never lurked at all, I were posting straight away and I'm always glad to see lads coming on with good input, believe me, I take more than a contribute, such is the wealth of info.

Offline IAMBATMAN

same here as you cant tell any RL friends

Offline cueball

same here as you cant tell any RL friends

This is as real as it needs to be pal

SirFrank

Steady on lads, this is starting to sound like a bromance  :lol:

Offline cueball

Steady on lads, this is starting to sound like a bromance  :lol:

Ha ha, I knew that would be coming from somewhere, you didn't let me down Frank ha ha