Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: discoverable phones.  (Read 1784 times)

Offline kingfap1

I have noticed quite a big issue of late.
I use a punting phone which is pay as you go, however due to the dodgy areas most of these wgs are in I take my main (expensive mobile) into a meet with me. Now I have noticed a couple of girls I have been to see have popped up on my facebook "people you may know" section. I guess this will probably work the other way around as you will be discoverable to them. For me its not an issue as I am single but I can imagine for married men it could be a worry. So make sure your phones are not with you or the discoverability is turned off.

Offline jd101a

Offline Tantric_mat

I had a couple of massage providers pop up in my FB as people I may know but assumed this was pulling from my contacts list.

Thanks for the heads up i’ll Look into it further

Offline watsey

I don't have a punting phone and I've had a similar issue.
I now always make sure that the Location option is switched off but whether that makes a difference I don't know.

Offline kingfap1

I think the location thing is for named brands like Tesco "rate your experience" type of things...this seems to be with people your in a room with for a period of time.

Offline watsey

I think the location thing is for named brands like Tesco "rate your experience" type of things...this seems to be with people your in a room with for a period of time.

Gulp  :scare:

Offline 621hjt

I use a punting phone which is pay as you go, however due to the dodgy areas most of these wgs are in I take my main (expensive mobile) into a meet with me. Now I have noticed a couple of girls I have been to see have popped up on my facebook "people you may know" section. I guess this will probably work the other way around as you will be discoverable to them. For me its not an issue as I am single but I can imagine for married men it could be a worry. So make sure your phones are not with you or the discoverability is turned off.

On Facebook go into settings and remove your Phone number and also turn locations services off for facebook on your phone.

Offline samsung1

Have you tried adding them?  :D

Im guessing you have their number saved on your other phone, and that fb has access to that.

Offline MrDeviousD

I always stick my phone into flight mode so I can check my time of entering the room which I make a point of after agreeing  duration booked for and also so I don't get disturbed and never had any of these problems popping up on facebook.
Banned reason: Fake reviews are not welcome here especially to purposely damage a SP credibility
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline greg101

I always stick my phone into flight mode so I can check my time of entering the room which I make a point of after agreeing  duration booked for and also so I don't get disturbed and never had any of these problems popping up on facebook.

Nail on the head there, or just turn the bastard off.

Gomez42

Turn your phone OFF at least 30 metres away from a punt.

Come within 30m of my house with a smartphone and I can probably find your house. If I can do it, so can a criminal.

Offline bearcat69

I've never once in years of punting had Facebook suggest a prossie as a friend to me. :unknown:

IDK, maybe I've just been lucky, but I would suggest people having issues with this check their privacy settings more carefully. Don't give Facebook your phone number neither. There is no reason for Facebook to have that info from you. Also, be careful with WhatsApp settings.

Online oldmanking

Wonder if this explains a random text I received last week from an 'Angela'? Asking me if I wanted to visit her that day or following one, before she left Bermingham? (her spelling).

I only know one 'Angela', calls herself 'Ange' in messages ..... and she's my immediate manager....lol.  :D

Offline vision2014

If you have your internet switched off then no problems at all

Gomez42

If you have your internet switched off then no problems at all

That's not enough, a smartphone is constantly squawking its ID to anything that will listen, via the phone system, Bluetooth and wifi.  The wifi bit will tell me your home wifi name, from that I can find your house.

Turn it OFF.

Gomez42

Turn off the phone.

If you have wifi turned on, there are systems that can track you, like mine. I expect the same can be done with Bluetooth, and it definitely can be done via GSM.

Just because the software says that something is turned off, is it really? It's already been proven that Google have looked at locations even though people thought it was switched off.

If you have an Android phone, go to maps and look for your timeline, there's a good chance you can select any day from the calendar and see a map of all the places you have been. I once used it to prove that I wasn't driving a speeding vehicle, because I was 40 miles away at the time.

If I don't want ANY record of my location, it gets turned off at a place I frequent. Then I'm free to go anywhere without any record of me being there. When I've finished whatever I've been doing, I go back to the same place and switch it back on. Reviewing the data would just show a time difference at the same place, much more believable, especially if it's a pub :-)

Offline watsey

Most times the WG wants a call or text when parked nearby so the phone has to be on.
Hmmm.
Time to get a punting phone maybe.

Offline gavp1984

I always have my phone turned off once I've made contact to say I'm around the corner.
There are two wgs that come up on my Facebook as People you may know. One of them has 2 mutual friends  :scare: That would be awkward at a party.
"Do I know you?"
"Yeah I fucked you from behind and cum in your mouth for £60. So how do you know Fred and why are you at his party"

Offline Bock

Just get a basic Nokia, with a pay as you go sim. The phone will stay charged for at least a week or two, no one will be bothered to track you and if some low life attempts to steal it, your only down a few quid, with nothing to explain but whose going to want to steal an old Nokia? Top up with cash and a voucher ... job done.

At the most basic level, all you need to set up a punt is text and a phone call ....

Offline m4rmite

I always have my phone turned off once I've made contact to say I'm around the corner.
There are two wgs that come up on my Facebook as People you may know. One of them has 2 mutual friends  :scare: That would be awkward at a party.
"Do I know you?"
"Yeah I fucked you from behind and cum in your mouth for £60. So how do you know Fred and why are you at his party"
She'll be the one jumping out of freds cake :drinks:

Offline _Rust_

I've never once in years of punting had Facebook suggest a prossie as a friend to me. :unknown:

IDK, maybe I've just been lucky, but I would suggest people having issues with this check their privacy settings more carefully. Don't give Facebook your phone number neither. There is no reason for Facebook to have that info from you. Also, be careful with WhatsApp settings.

+1 I would check these settings and turn off your main phone before entering the building .

Facebook own WhatsApp and mine data from the App, so using WhatsApp on a personal phone with WGs is a big no in my opinion. Plus WhatsApp shows your face and name!  :crazy: If you have WhatsApp on your punting phone I'd definitely suggest not downloading Facebook on that phone.

Also as others have suggested avoiding location services being on is wise too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:25:18 am by _Rust_ »

Offline _Rust_

Just get a basic Nokia, with a pay as you go sim. The phone will stay charged for at least a week or two, no one will be bothered to track you and if some low life attempts to steal it, your only down a few quid, with nothing to explain but whose going to want to steal an old Nokia? Top up with cash and a voucher ... job done.

At the most basic level, all you need to set up a punt is text and a phone call ....

This is the best approach to take, if in the future only smartphones are available see my above post  :thumbsup:

Offline Hallon

Just took a quick look at my FB privacy settings !

Removed * 114 * apps that were interacting with my FB !

( An onscreen pop up told me that I was removing 114 apps, hence I know that mind boggling number !)

Time to have another look at External Link/Members Only and External Link/Members Only

I have been using the ‘Hushed’ app for a disposable number, but I think an actual cheap as chips punting phone may be in order...

Offline Bock

I wonder if the increase in ‘dumb’ phone sales has anything to do with this thread  :lol:

External Link/Members Only

Offline hairymonster

Just another worry for any of you smart tech wearers. Watch out for your fitness/smartwatch tracking you independently of your phone. That and tracking a workout while your punting  :D You dont want runkeeper thinking your favorite exercise is in a girls flat and sharing it.   

Offline Knny

That's not enough, a smartphone is constantly squawking its ID to anything that will listen, via the phone system, Bluetooth and wifi.  The wifi bit will tell me your home wifi name, from that I can find your house.

Turn it OFF.

How can a phone give away your home wifi sid?  and how can you know the number?

Gomez42

How can a phone give away your home wifi sid?  and how can you know the number?

You don't know the number, but when a phone is looking for a wifi connection, which is anytime it hasn't got one, it sends out a MAC address, sometimes the real address, sometimes a false one. It also sends out wifi AP names that it has previously connected to.

Sniffing these is fairly simple. If you are in one place for any length of time, your phone might have given out every AP it remembers. If the sniffing device saves these to a database, it's fairly easy to see all these names. Entering these names into a war driving site, like wigle.net, might just give you a location. Going to that location and sniffing will easily locate the AP.

My security system records all wifi access requests it sees. A white list contains the devices owned within the home, these are not recorded. A known list has data on devices devices I still wish to record, the little old dear next door may still be a burglar!

Once a criminal has the data, they've probably thought of ways to use it that we haven't even dreamt of.

Offline icedance47

I stopped using Facebook about a year ago... it’s just so insidious.

Honestly my life is better without it, I’d recommend you all give it a try. You can deactivate your account for a month or whatever without losing everything if you’re nervous.