Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Adultwork links  (Read 591 times)

goldwing1

Just wondering why there are always  2 links to the same profile, as in the example below

Link to this Profile Page using External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only

Offline milkman10

I think one is there registered aw number and the other there chosen name but I'm prob wrong so they can change there user name but not the number but as I said I may be wrong
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 01:21:43 am by milkman10 »

Offline p3ngu1n

Just wondering why there are always  2 links to the same profile, as in the example below

Link to this Profile Page using External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only

The 1st link contains the SP's unique user ID (=1630982, in your example) and is the most important, since it doesn't change even when the SP changes their name on aw. Consequently, searching for the SP's reviews/topics on UKP is a simple case of searching for their unique user ID ("1630982", in your example) via the search field.

The 2nd link tells us the SP's name ('chantelle sky', in your example). WGs do often change their fake names on aw. This would render the 2nd link dead (whereas the 1st link would still work provided they kept the same aw profile). Of course if a SP ditches their aw account altogether, then both links simply become void  :hi:

Offline p3ngu1n

I think one is there registered aw number and the other there chosen name but I'm prob wrong so they can change there user name but not the number but as I said I may be wrong

Spot on

goldwing1

The 1st link contains the SP's unique user ID (=1630982, in your example) and is the most important, since it doesn't change even when the SP changes their name on aw. Consequently, searching for the SP's reviews/topics on UKP is a simple case of searching for their unique user ID ("1630982", in your example) via the search field.

The 2nd link tells us the SP's name ('chantelle sky', in your example). WGs do often change their fake names on aw. This would render the 2nd link dead (whereas the 1st link would still work provided they kept the same aw profile). Of course if a SP ditches their aw account altogether, then both links simply become void  :hi:

I would have thought that they would just have the one user ID, eg  ("1630982" )  regardless how many times they change their name

Offline NigelF

I would have thought that they would just have the one user ID, eg  ("1630982" )  regardless how many times they change their name

AW don't keep track of them though (or at least they can't be bothered). It would be helpful if they showed us "aliases" like they do for punters though - so if they wanted to link them to old profiles they could easily do it or they could do it via their verification process (but either way it's not in their interests). As such, if a WG creates a totally new account they get a new user ID but obviously don't have any of the feedback they used to have etc.

If they just change their username then their ID number stays the same but that 2nd link (External Link/Members Only) will change (and the original one won't work anymore).

One tip when searching for info on here is to search for both links as sometimes, very occasionally, people only post the 2nd link.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:56:43 pm by NigelF »