Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: site design changes  (Read 7615 times)

Offline MrMatrix

Has any one else noticed that the post perday that appears against your profiles total posts has disappeared. Any one know why :unknown:

OldAdmin

I removed it because I feel it's a useless stat, a bit like the "time online" counter which is badly calculated.

Offline shagmore

I thought it was because I had disappeared for a week and it vanished, learn something new everyday

Offline threechilliman

Has any one else noticed that the post perday that appears against your profiles total posts has disappeared. Any one know why :unknown:

Does it matter? As admin states above, its a useless stat. I can't think of a reason I'd need to know.

Offline BP96

If you're really interested you could calculate it  :wacko:

vw

Does it matter? As admin states above, its a useless stat. I can't think of a reason I'd need to know.

usually used as a stick by trolls to justify their behaviour and attack those that post. 

Offline Home Alone

I used to find it a useful discipline, tcm.  I try to post only if I feel I can contribute usefully to a thread so tried never to post more than a couple of times a day maximum.

Health and Fitness

I noticed another feature that was removed by the administrator was when a member was last active. Like the post feature it's probably not important either.

vw

I noticed another feature that was removed by the administrator was when a member was last active. Like the post feature it's probably not important either.

last active is there and working.  :hi:

OldAdmin

There's a minimum criteria for that too.
But you still know if the other person is online from the green icon on their post or profile page or the frontpage listing members active in past 30 mins.

Offline RogerBoner

What is the purpose of "Last Edit" being put under edited posts?

Offline NigelF

What is the purpose of "Last Edit" being put under edited posts?

I'm really struggling to explain it clearly for some reason so I'll let someone else do it but personally I've found it very helpful a number of times in the past. One of the number of reasons it's good is to help identify when someone is back-tracking on what they originally said (it's not foolproof but I know it's been good for that in the past).

Offline HarryZZ

The UKE pictures that used to appear at the bottom of the page have also disappeared, I liked those.

Offline MrMatrix

The UKE pictures that used to appear at the bottom of the page have also disappeared, I liked those.
Yes I noted that this morning as well. I'm sure Admin will let us know why later on today. :hi:

vw

Yes I noted that this morning as well. I'm sure Admin will let us know why later on today. :hi:

The list of links with blacklist has gone and merged with the copyright line too.

OldAdmin

Thought the amount of UKE thumbnails was a bit too much with 4 rows on each page. I might still restore the single row at the bottom so leaving just 2.
The rest of the links to PW I removed or reduced to reduce clutter.

OldAdmin

More minor changes:
- Stats page has had major reduction to remove what I feel as unimportant / useless stats. You can still see top #10 posters using the memberlist section. If person is that interested then just open the page in "HTML source", it's all there but 'commented out'.
- I disabled "pageviews" counter, it's no longer being counted by the forum but still available (to me) via Google Analytics.

Offline sparkus

On mine, the tabs at the top for unread/replies are now arranged differently (phone and PC).  Quick reply also gone.

Has there been a site redesign or is something up  :unknown:

Offline JR

Hi,
I used to have a view where the most recent posts on a topic were shown 1st then in descending chronological order, on long discussions this was much easier for me to read. My view has reverted to OP 1st then ascending order and I can't find a way to switch it back, can anyone help please?  :hi:

Online finn5555

OldAdmin

Hi,
I used to have a view where the most recent posts on a topic were shown 1st then in descending chronological order, on long discussions this was much easier for me to read. My view has reverted to OP 1st then ascending order and I can't find a way to switch it back, can anyone help please?  :hi:

Was an accident, I was meant to "freeze" the feature (along with hiding avatars) so only those who used it can continue to use it, but accidentally reset it from all accounts.

I can re-enable it per-member and will do so for your accounts.

A site upgrade is possibly in the pipeline later this year so I wanted to "simplify" the site by removing / disabling all but the essential features.

Online finn5555

Was an accident, I was meant to "freeze" the feature (along with hiding avatars) so only those who used it can continue to use it, but accidentally reset it from all accounts.

A site upgrade is possibly in the pipeline later this year so I wanted to "simplify" the site by removing / disabling all but the essential features.

Thanks makes life easier  :thumbsup:

Offline Scarboroughdude

Can you revert my account as well please  :hi:

Offline JR

Brilliant, many thanks

OldAdmin

While we're on the topic of changes, there are these two new additions to the site rules page:

Massage-only reviews without any sexual services are permitted, but ideally should make it clear in the topic title.
Only one positive review thread can be posted for a service provider by one member per 12 month period, the exception is if the new positive review is for a threesome or more booking. This 12-month restriction only applies to positive reviews, not neutral or negative (they can be posted anytime after a positive review). During the 12-month period a member can add their new positive reviews to their existing review thread in the form of a reply.

Link for full site rules: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=1.0

Offline Scarboroughdude

Hi,

Sorry, already been answered, ignore me  :dash:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:21:15 am by Scarboroughdude »

mrhappypants

While we're on the topic of changes, there are these two new additions to the site rules page:

Link for full site rules: https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=1.0

Good move.  I will update the guide accordingly.

Offline Silver Birch

I usually click on Show Unread Posts and I had a checkbox on the right-hand side. I used to click All before quickly skimming the page and unchecking the few threads I wanted to read. Then I clicked Mark Checked as Read to remove the rest from my list.

This was a great way to quickly reduce the number of threads in my Unread Posts list but still have the ones I wanted to read. The checkboxes have gone and the only option seems to be Mark All as Read :(

I know this was a setting under profile but where I can I find it?

JamesFD

If it's possible & not too much trouble could you please re-enable the 'hide avatars' function for my account? Avatars are of no interest to me & they make short posts physically longer. Thanks Admin.

vw

If it's possible & not too much trouble could you please re-enable the 'hide avatars' function for my account? Avatars are of no interest to me & they make short posts physically longer. Thanks Admin.

Why not just use adblock and block the following

ukpunting.com##.avatar

JamesFD

Why not just use adblock and block the following

ukpunting.com##.avatar
Thanks, I use use UBlock Origin & while not quite the same command format I've managed to do it.

Admin please ignore my request.

Offline Sinz

On the topic of upgrades, thanks Admin for tiding up the helpful links section on the top of each regional review section to a more concise listing as highlighted in the image below.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Suggestion: Currently it opens up in the same page and directs users away from UKP. Is it possible to have them open in a new page/tab instead ?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:45:38 pm by Sinz »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Suggestion: Currently it opens up in the same page and directs users away from UKP. Is it possible to have them open in a new page/tab instead ?

Right click - open in new tab.   :hi:

Offline Sinz

Right click - open in new tab.   :hi:

Thanks for the suggestion, Admin has already implemented the change

Also, it still would have been an issue for phone users, like me.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

No probs, didn't think of issues with phones. 

Offline Sinz

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider

No issue for me and I'm a phone user. All you had to do was press and hold down the link and you get the menu to open a new tab. You should be able to do that with links on most sites, if not all.

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:46:31 pm by Rochelle »

Offline Sinz

No issue for me and I'm a phone user. All you had to do was press and hold down the link and you get the menu to open a new tab. You should be able to do that with links on most if not all sites.

It was more a matter of user friendliness and ease of use. Not everyone will remember to hold down and open a tab every time. It was suggestion, which would assist the usability.

Admin has deployed the fix, so thanks to Admin.

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
It was more a matter of user friendliness and ease of use. Not everyone will remember to hold down and open a tab every time. It was suggestion, which would assist the usability.

Admin has deployed the fix, so thanks to Admin.
It's still something people should be able to do if they have a smartphone and now they know they can.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:53:11 pm by Rochelle »

vw

nice new touch spotted   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Personal messages are now listed in reverse order - newest to oldest.

Offline MrMatrix

nice new touch spotted   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Personal messages are now listed in reverse order - newest to oldest.
Yes this has made it a lot easier. Admin being very industrious recently. Wonder what else he has up his sleeve :hi:

OldAdmin

Another minor change (not a design one) is accounts tagged as 'service provider' by me no longer get access to Post Reports or Deleted Posts sections regardless of posts or membership length.

Offline MrMatrix

As a thought Admin there are some 160000 members on the members list. Many of these have never made a posting and are probably not likely to. For those that have not accessed that account for say over 2 years or what ever time period you feel is best, would it not be a good idea to delete these usernames altogether an example is    -bt-     OR     #1. Just a suggestion Admin. :unknown:

Offline RogerBoner

That's a good idea. Make it just the one year though.

Offline DrConners

Another minor change (not a design one) is accounts tagged as 'service provider' by me no longer get access to Post Reports or Deleted Posts sections regardless of posts or membership length.

That's a good thing IMO - but will probably have a few service providers upsetting their apple carts  :wackogirl:

Offline sparkus

That's a good thing IMO - but will probably have a few service providers upsetting their apple carts  :wackogirl:

Like we give a shit  :drinks:

vw

Have noticed a few like to product place their prossie babble in reply to reported posts.

James999

As a thought Admin there are some 160000 members on the members list. Many of these have never made a posting and are probably not likely to. For those that have not accessed that account for say over 2 years or what ever time period you feel is best, would it not be a good idea to delete these usernames altogether an example is    -bt-     OR     #1. Just a suggestion Admin.

Been suggested before, what's the benefit to Admin to reducing the membership, it's likely a waste of time  :hi:

Offline MrMatrix

Been suggested before, what's the benefit to Admin to reducing the membership, it's likely a waste of time  :hi:
You could view it like that, I agree. But you could say taking average post per day was pointless as well. Whats the benifit to Admin, none  but he did it. Whilst hes on a roll doing this house keeping he may wish to consider it and other ideas we have - its only a suggestion.  We are all on the same team :hi: