Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Pimps using your rental for they girls  (Read 1237 times)

Halleyroad

So a question to fellow punters, what would you do if you found your property was being used by a pimp for a couple of girls.

A neighbour at one of my properties told me that it is being used as a brothel by a PIMP and punters are coming at stupid times like 4am and being obnoxious.

I have already spoken to my estate agent and made them aware, but what would you guys do.

And yes i already tried looking them up but could not find anything on AW

Offline LLPunting

So a question to fellow punters, what would you do if you found your property was being used by a pimp for a couple of girls.

A neighbour at one of my properties told me that it is being used as a brothel by a PIMP and punters are coming at stupid times like 4am and being obnoxious.

I have already spoken to my estate agent and made them aware, but what would you guys do.

Are you after alternative rental terms or eviction?

vw

Would not go, the police may then try and link you to the enterprise if dodgy, let the estate agency earn their money.

Offline LLPunting

Would not go, the police may then try and link you to the enterprise if dodgy, let the estate agency earn their money.

Indeed, if you were after anything other than eviction then you might be drawn into any prosecution.

Offline Mcping

As the owner you are ultimately responsible for the property including any illegal activity going on inside.
In reality landlords are rarely prosecuted in these cases but expect a very difficult conversation with the police.
Reporting it to the police and managing agents will save you and hopefully get an eviction

Halleyroad

I want them evicted as i don't to deal with the hassle if anything does happen, i was lucky enough to visit another property i own a few doors down for some maintenance, when the neighbour told me about what was happening in the property.

I contacted the estate agent right away via phone and will be emailing them as well, so i have proof that i have corresponded with them.

Offline PatMacGroin

Luckily I've not run into this problem myself, but would be interested to hear how it works out.

If it was me I'd do the same as you and speak to the Estate Agents first. In my experience they are without exception a useless shower of C**ts, but you might as well try to make them earn their service charge.

Unfortunately, when it comes down to eviction and if the tenants refuse to vacate, it nearly always comes down to getting a Court Order. Invariably estate agents will manage to side step that responsibility leaving it on you.

However...

If you have a full managed service contract with them it's their responsibility to attempt to sort out the issues in the first instance.

If you only have an introduction service they may try to say it's nothing to do with them. But, it would have been their responsibility to perform reference checks. They nearly all outsource that job to reference checking companies which guarantee the tenants for the first 6-12 months. Those 3rd party reference checking companies often also provide inclusive legal advise in the event the references turn out to be dodgy.

So in either case the Estate Agents should atleast be able to advise you on what steps need to be taken to proceed with an eviction. Including at what stage the Police should be involved. Police evidence may be needed to get an eviction court order on grounds of illegal or immoral activity.

Definitely get the Estate Agents to agree everything with you in writing before proceeding with any action.

Offline scutty brown

if they are EE girls, just tell the Home Office Immigration Enforcement team - they'll serve removal orders and kick them out.
External Link/Members Only
the girls will be in breach of residence permissions, and the enforcement teams always welcome an easy success: they'll jump on the girls

at the same time, a word with the local police anti-trafficking team would probably work

bigone

Offline LLPunting

Just as a side issue, check the deposit was properly placed in the deposit protection scheme.  You have legal obligations there presuming it's an AST.
Terms of the tenancy contract signed should outline repossession conditions.
Hope it's an AST with all the actual occupants.
If no (unauthorised) subletting in place then that's one less hassle.
Are your agents registered with the Estate Agents "professional" body?  Always worth consulting them to know what pressures you can bring to bear on the agents to do their bit without fucking you about.  If they're not acting according to industry standard and can be threatened with losing their accreditation then that's hopefully another stick to beat them with.

Fingers crossed and best of luck.

Ron da Cuba

My wife used to work for a Managing Agent who looked after a number of blocks of flats in West London. They often had reports, usually from older female residents, of flats being used for prostitution and then had to contact the owners and have the girls removed and new tenants found. My wife would say "guess what? There are prostitutes operating from that block in Coronation Street" -or whatever. Fuck  me that was a near miss. I was there 2 weeks ago! "oh really dear" I would say "who would have thought it? "

Offline Deeeazy

9 out of 10 times they will leave without any problems, especially if they are foreign. Get the agent to drop by and tell them in person that the landlord knows what you up to and you need to leave.

You can keep any rents paid in advance too.

Offline pewpewpew

9 out of 10 times they will leave without any problems, especially if they are foreign. Get the agent to drop by and tell them in person that the landlord knows what you up to and you need to leave.

You can keep any rents paid in advance too.
I would suggest the same. I have 0 experience in this so just a guess, but I wouldn't expect the pimp or girls to put up much of a fight and would prefer to just quietly move on