Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Pattaya First Trip  (Read 7415 times)

Offline T0rn569

Hi all,

Planning my first trip to Thailand (Pattaya) for Feb 2018,  two weeks of freedom & debauchery (hopefully). Allowing upto £1200 for flights and accommodation.

It's my first holiday in nearly 15 years so I'm looking to spoil myself, can anyone recommend a good hotel that isn't going to object to 'visitors', also I'm budgeting £100 a day AFTER accommodation, is that going to be enough for regular 'entertainment'?

Thanks in advance

Offline Jimmyredcab

Most hotels in Pattaya are "guest friendly", this is where I like to stay, on Soi 10 very near the big shopping mall and beach road, also handy for the baht bus route, roughly £40 a night --------- try Expedia.co.uk for flights and hotels.
You can of course find cheaper accommodation, as low as £10 a night ------- but don't expect too much at that price.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Bangers and Gash

Get a hotel with a shit-hot pool, cos you won't be swimming in the sea, and you'll need somewhere to cool your bollocks during the day.  ;)

BigDavy

I'm currently planning a first time visit to Thailand at the moment and there's loads of info available on Youtube and on web sites.
Here's some I've found so far.

Youtube

King Epic
Kev-In-Thailand
Adam Judd
Bangkok 112
Steff's Thailand Travel
GEOFF CARTER
Pattaya Holidays AZIATKA

Hotels

Good luck with your trip.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Hi all,

Planning my first trip to Thailand (Pattaya) for Feb 2018.

February is a good time to go, not the cheapest but you are unlikely to get much rain, if any.

Tens of thousands of prostitutes but bear in mind that 95% of them look like they were kicked in the face at birth, no offence meant, that is simply the truth.    :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Your budget of £100 a day is doable but that's only 4,000 baht these days, it was 5000 last year and 6000 only a few years back, and costs including bargirls has only gone up, I budgeted at a grand a week on my recent trip, including hotels, some days you spend more than others, in pattaya I stayed at the Greenview hotel on soi 15, it's 1 minute from walking street, cost 1000 baht for a large aircon room, the nearby bars even use it for ST.

BigDavy

Does a "Guest Friendly Hotels" just mean that you don't pay an extra joining charge?
I'm more interested in 4 star hotels and don't mind paying an extra charge.
More concerned that a 4 star won't allow a guest at all.

Offline Jerboa

Does a "Guest Friendly Hotels" just mean that you don't pay an extra joining charge?

Some 4 star hotels in Patts are mainly for tourists like the Holiday inn, they might still allow you to bring bargirls to your room, but might charge you 1000 or more on top of the high room rate, and your isaan bargirl will feel out of place, if you want to pay western hotel rates in a third world brothel city, it's up to you, but as I said you can get clean modern aircon rooms with in room safes, wi-fi for 600-1200 baht a day.

Offline Jimmyredcab

On one of my very first visits I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bangkok, took a girl back from Nana Plaza and they wanted 1500 baht joiner fee.

That does not apply in all 4 star hotels, The Landmark in Bangkok is guest friendly.

Not sure why you need a 4 star hotel, I stay in 3 star hotels now and they are still good quality.

BigDavy

On one of my very first visits I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bangkok, took a girl back from Nana Plaza and they wanted 1500 baht joiner fee.

That does not apply in all 4 star hotels, The Landmark in Bangkok is guest friendly.

Not sure why you need a 4 star hotel, I stay in 3 star hotels now and they are still good quality.

I just usually stay in 4 star hotels in Frankfurt but if 3 star gives you WiFi and Aircon ect...  then that would be fine.
Thanks guys.

Offline Bangers and Gash

February is a good time to go...

April would be better - Thai New Year.  :drinks:

Bangkok 112 does some of the best hotel reviews. External Link/Members Only

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:44:42 pm by Bangers and Gash »

Offline METEOR

February is when I'm usually in Thailand. Weather is good especially west and central.
£100 is ok. Find a nice cheap place for food and don't be generous with the girls in bars. The price of drinks can quickly stack up. It's all to easy to have a girl on each shoulder as soon as you walk in and then within 30 mins you've already got 6 drinks in! A friend who came with me could never resist. I play hard and rarely buy drinks or punt. The girls usually go from 3000bht to 1000bht long term without me negotiating. I still rarely take one back then as prefer meeting fellow female holiday makers or Thais from tinder. And as said above most aren't even that nice!

Offline Cygnus

The first tip I would give out is see if you stretch your holiday to 3 weeks if you can, 2 weeks goes too soon. Otherwise all good info here. Oh yeah don't fall in love. Have a great time :hi:

Offline TPreston

Hi all,

Planning my first trip to Thailand (Pattaya) for Feb 2018,  two weeks of freedom & debauchery (hopefully). Allowing upto £1200 for flights and accommodation.

It's my first holiday in nearly 15 years so I'm looking to spoil myself, can anyone recommend a good hotel that isn't going to object to 'visitors', also I'm budgeting £100 a day AFTER accommodation, is that going to be enough for regular 'entertainment'?

Thanks in advance

Well lots of solid advice here. I last visited Feb 2016 so prices will likely be a little different, but imagine the world of Pattaya isn't all that different.

Have your taxi from the airport to Pattaya booked already. Just email a taxi company your name and flight details and they'll take you directly to your hotel for 1000baht. It saves a good bit of fucking about as soon as you land. meowponchai@gmail.com  was who I used and presume still going.

budget wise I would recommend the following hotel;

I've recommended before and for the price i think they're excellent. You have free tea and coffee at reception, a free to use computer if you're not bringing a laptop and need to sort trickier things. The rooms bathroom are modern and cleaned every other day. You have a rooftop pool as well to enjoy. Location wise you're close enough to the action but don't have constant noise. They have sister hotels round the corner which are of the same standard, though one is a little bit further away from soi buakao (a busy road full of bars) and can be a bit of a drag when walking for an extra couple of minutes from the shops just to be wary of if they try pushing you onto an alternative. For the price - you're getting a good clean modern hotel and the funds would be better spend enjoying yourself IMO. Its very guest friendly and secure, quite a few of the residents are long term and repeat bookers.

I'd echo the poster about an extra few days if you can with work holidays etc, as with the travel it can eat into your play time. Though saying that the days can be a little de ja vu - repeat and rinse - but thats often the case with most holidays, and you don't have such fun on those.

Get yourself set up on Thai Friendly dating site, as well as Tinder and the likes for when you arrive. I used these apps last time for freelancers and worked well for me. Saves bar fine costs and if you're a lazy fucker and hungover a girl coming directly to your room to suck you off first thing for 1000 baht ST is a perfect way to start the day. Obviously girls on there are often using flattering photos but I found some real gems. I'd also download LINE (which is pretty much the thai whatsapp) for comms. When i arrived after about 20 hours of travel  - I had a girl I'd been speaking to lined up. She was in the room massaging me within 20 mins of my arrival at D apartment.

Flights I've got before for £450 return with one of the arab airlines, so sure if you shop around and fly midweek you should be able to find.

Costs wise - last time was 1000 baht for short time (around 30mins to an hour and one pop), 2000 baht for long time (overnight and a shag in the morning is expected) as a catch all.Though that does vary depending on the girl - some LT's for less, some of the better looking girls know they can get more so they do.

I don't know how much of a boozer you are but you can generally get beers for around 70 baht a beer, but your tab will be bolstered quickly by girls coming over and wanting drinks etc. It can be easy to quickly rack up a decent tab, espically as a newbie.

If you give the impression of a naive newbie they can be quite ruthless in taking advantage and getting a good few more quid outta you. But crime and theft wasn't an issue I ever experienced, more drunken dicks really that get on the receiving end. 

Offline Jimmyredcab

Beer prices are not 70 baht in the main tourist area, more like 95 baht, anyone on a tight budget might prefer Jomtien.  :hi:

Offline Jerboa

If girls are on your case to buy her drinks in the bar say to her "mai mi satang"  :P

Offline TPreston

Beer prices are not 70 baht in the main tourist area, more like 95 baht, anyone on a tight budget might prefer Jomtien.  :hi:

Was thinking like the beer bars at the beach front  - where theres about 7 busy bars all in a square as such. Star bar I think? They where the place to be for day drinking it seemed at least.

Walking street etc was more like 100 baht or so.

Offline Bangers and Gash

Walking street etc was more like 100 baht or so.

A 100 baht  :scare:

Think I'll stick to Soi Bukhao area.

Offline Jimmyredcab

A 100 baht  :scare:

Think I'll stick to Soi Bukhao area.

Yes, better value for sure.

The climax live music bar charges 140 baht for two bottles ( first one is 140, second one is "free")

Offline T0rn569

Wow, thank you all for your advice.

A lot of info to read up on and watch.

I'll definitely take it on board, not sure if I can stretch the time I'm there but I'll certainly look into the alternative accommodations (the hotels I was looking at mostly stated 'family hotel' so I thought they might be less pleased with guests).

Thank you all again

avalon123

Hi

Even booking this early should get u a big saving on your budget of £1200 for flight and accommodation depends on the standard of hotel but 3 star anything from £650 to £750 is easy to get.

Four star £750 to £850 

Obviously you can pay 1200.00 but its not necessary to get something decent.

example below but plenty of others to choose from, as far as guests are concerned I search for the deals and then check directly with the hotel regarding 'overnight guests'

Offline Jimmyredcab

April would be better - Thai New Year.  :drinks:

If you mean Songkran --------------- it is great if you are ten years old with learning difficulties.

Almost a week of being soaked day and night, I would not visit Pattaya during Songkran if the hotel was free.

Offline Bangers and Gash

If you mean Songkran --------------- it is great if you are ten years old with learning difficulties.

Almost a week of being soaked day and night, I would not visit Pattaya during Songkran if the hotel was free.

Whaaaat! And miss all those Thai chicks in wet t-shirts .....  :yahoo:

Offline TPreston

For a couple of baht pretty much any girl will lose their t shirt and let you stick your cock in them so dont get to excited aboht titilation there.

Songkram is fun mind. Not for everyone - but after 3 days or so you've had your fill of it. Pattaya tends to drag it on.

Offline Jimmyredcab

The problem is that you can't opt out, if you are out on the street you are fair game, OK for 24 hours but in Pattaya it lasts almost a week, I suffered it once by mistake, got the dates mixed up ----------- never again.   :thumbsdown:

Offline Vivago

If you really want to spoil yourself something rotten, why not do what I did earlier this year and stay in one of the super luxury condos at View Talay 6. Situated right next to the Hiliton and Central festival mall, they aint for cheapskates, but are guaranteed to mega impress the tarts, who will think you are a millionaire. :lol:

This is the one i stayed in but there are smaller and cheaper available. And being a condo, no reception staff to hassle you although there is a security desk where guests are supposed to check-in (better for your security) but easily avoided if you wish.

Heres a couple of pics. The skank was included for scaling purposes. :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Jerboa

Hi

Even booking this early should get u a big saving on your budget of £1200 for flight and accommodation depends on the standard of hotel but 3 star anything from £650 to £750 is easy to get.

Four star £750 to £850 

Obviously you can pay 1200.00 but its not necessary to get something decent.

example below but plenty of others to choose from, as far as guests are concerned I search for the deals and then check directly with the hotel regarding 'overnight guests'

What?! So you are saying 14 days 3 star will cost you £650-£750? Well overpriced mate, you are thinking in European hotel rates, you can get a decent room as I said 1 minute from Walking street at 1000baht = £24 so x14 = £340, this is just walking into the hotel and getting a room, forget hotel booking sites, unless you prefer to waste money.

Offline bishbosh

I stopped at the Adelphi just off Soi Buakhao for £35 a night when I went. The location was perfect as you could walk to all the bars on Soi Buakhao and LK Metro. There was a motorbike taxi rank just outside the hotel as well as a laundrette. The air conditioning was very good, room modern, pool on the roof so always got the sun and a buffet breakfast which was good as well. It's also guest friendly  :thumbsup: The only cons were the air conditioning unit being a bit loud but that might have just been my room, and it was a bit pricey for food in the restaurant considering you're in Thailand.

Offline Jerboa

I stopped at the Adelphi just off Soi Buakhao for £35 a night when I went. The location was perfect as you could walk to all the bars on Soi Buakhao and LK Metro. There was a motorbike taxi rank just outside the hotel as well as a laundrette. The air conditioning was very good, room modern, pool on the roof so always got the sun and a buffet breakfast which was good as well. It's also guest friendly  :thumbsup: The only cons were the air conditioning unit being a bit loud but that might have just been my room, and it was a bit pricey for food in the restaurant considering you're in Thailand.

Yes if they can get tourists to pay £35 a night, they will also have a expensive restaurant.

avalon123

What?! So you are saying 14 days 3 star will cost you £650-£750? Well overpriced mate, you are thinking in European hotel rates, you can get a decent room as I said 1 minute from Walking street at 1000baht = £24 so x14 = £340, this is just walking into the hotel and getting a room, forget hotel booking sites, unless you prefer to waste money.

No I am not, the £650 to £750 for 3 star includes a return a one stop flight and transfer arguably worth around £450. Cheapest flight only is usually China air (can change as airline compete used to be gulf air a few years back) around £420 plus £30 to get from airport to hotel, but around £470-£500 for a one stop on an airline you have heard of. So based on the £450 for the flight this makes a three star from around £7 per night and a 4 star from £10 a night. I tend to find the 3 stars make no issue about a guest staying overnight and always have a double bed. I do some times upgrade my room bigger bed large bath and tiled floor area for a soapy small stage and pole swing etc usually costs around £5-£10 a day, all depends on what you are into.

How do I know this, because I booked last week for January, which is generally the cheapest month in my experience. This time I did get an unusually low price than usual this time £613 London one stop flight with 13 nights in a 3 star hotel transfer from airport included. Guess what...... yes I looked the next day after booking it and a package was available for £609. its always a different room or hotel so they can get away with the 14 day rule.

Its worth checking prices everyday around 9 in the morning, some of the really low deals are limited to 2 or 3 seats and they go quick. don't make the mistake I always do and check for offers the next day its always the same another £5 off, all it does is piss me off. Always have cookies enabled and check a number of sites the cookies are read by the other sites and I've been told it gets you the lower deals no idea if this is true or not.

I have purchased flight and negotiated hotel when I got there, it works fine and gives you a much wider choice of hotels (change your mind if the place is below your min standard) and the freedom to mix Bangkok, Pattaya and a tour into the north with your 'girl friend' or girl friends as I did on one trip costs a bit more than a package deal but is well worth it for a more interesting vacation. Even doing it this way should not cost more than about £900. I have heard that some flight and hotel packages will offer you a mix of hotel in two locations but I've never tried that.

If you do walk in out, get a price and walk out then check on line around half the time you can get it cheaper. I usually don't book it on line just walk back in and show them the on line price, most times the desired effect occurs. Yes I bummed around the far east for years when I was younger.

Offline bishbosh

Yes if they can get tourists to pay £35 a night, they will also have a expensive restaurant.

I should have added that I was only planning on staying 2 nights so I wasn't bothered about paying a bit more, but ended staying longer because, well because it's Pattaya.

If I go next time for longer I think I would choose somewhere cheaper.

Offline Jimmyredcab

A four star hotel for £10 a night.   :unknown: :unknown:

Someone is telling porkies.

I have been to Pattaya 30+ times.

Offline Bangers and Gash

You must love your thai girlfriend mak mak.  :lol:

avalon123

A four star hotel for £10 a night.   :unknown: :unknown:

Someone is telling porkies.

Check out the various sites like Expedia pick some dates a few months in advance and work out the numbers yourself. Of course booking the hotel by itself it would be impossible to get the hotel at that price, its a package price including the hotel. You got to hunt around for the deals and be patient but they are there to be had.

Offline Vivago

You must love your thai girlfriend mak mak.  :lol:

He loves boasting about how many times he has been to Pattaya as if this makes him an expert or something.

I must have been to Pattaya 50+ times over the last 30 years (first time 1987) but you won't hear me boasting about it.

:hi:

avalon123

He loves boasting about how many times he has been to Pattaya as if this makes him an expert or something.

I must have been to Pattaya 50+ times over the last 30 years (first time 1987) but you won't hear me boasting about it.

I didn't go to Thailand until around 89 and that was on a weekend break from Hong Kong where I was living at the time. First time in Pattaya was around 95 I guess. I've not been to Thailand anywhere near the 50 you have or the 30 times mentioned by another poster. I have 13 years missing from my National Insurance payments and around half of that reflects time working in the far east. I'm now back in the UK and semi retired but still clearing my mortgage hoping to start having 4 month trips every year (during our winter) on a multi destination ticket when my mortgage is cleared and full pensions kick start in a few years, until then the most I can afford is a 2 week package holiday and a couple of punts here. So I have been very careful about what I pay. I could have stated that I paid £35 a night for the hotel and £150 for the return flight and I 'm sure someone would have accused me of telling porkies about the cost of the flight.

I am sure there is much I could learn from all of you, but on the basis of the £1200 the original poster thought he would be spending on flight and hotels I felt I had something to contribute. I would be interested to see what everyone else has recently paid for flight-transfer-hotel and comments and ideas about why there appear to be considerable differences in prices for the same standard and sometimes the same hotel and airline even on the same web site.

Offline Vivago

I didn't go to Thailand until around 89 and that was on a weekend break from Hong Kong where I was living at the time. 

Funny! Same here. :lol:

You weren't in HK at Maj's behest were you? ;)

Offline Jimmyredcab

Not boasting at all ---------------------- just calling out people who claim you can stay in a 4 star hotel for a tenner, you can't, end of.   :hi: :hi:

avalon123

Funny! Same here. :lol:

You weren't in HK at Maj's behest were you? ;)

Sorry no, would have been nice.. maybe.  If you were in HK around that time do you remember The Madhouse on Hankow Road, the Cavern a bit down on the other side. At the south end of Hankow was a small bar with topless girls on turntables who served your drinks. It was where they filmed a scene in a James Bond Film or so they claimed. Red Lips bar a couple of roads away.  Ah Happy days

avalon123

Not boasting at all ---------------------- just calling out people who claim you can stay in a 4 star hotel for a tenner, you can't, end of.   :hi: :hi:

I will give it one more go, in isolation there is no way you can get a 4 star for £10 a night but as part of a flight/hotel package its what in effect you pay per night compared to booking flight and hotel separately and as I've already mentioned it can be looked at the other way around i.e Hotel costs £35 a night and the flight costs £150

Offline Vivago

Sorry no, would have been nice.. maybe.  If you were in HK around that time do you remember The Madhouse on Hankow Road, the Cavern a bit down on the other side. At the south end of Hankow was a small bar with topless girls on turntables who served your drinks. It was where they filmed a scene in a James Bond Film or so they claimed. Red Lips bar a couple of roads away.  Ah Happy days

I think I recall the Cavern and I definitely remember Red Lips with its contingent of superannuated whores including one old tart who used to quote Shakespeare as I recall. It was a Hong Kong institution. I lived in Osborne barracks at the time and often, after a session in the mess, we used to head down to Chuck-ups (Chungking Mansions, one of the few things still there and totally unchanged) for a curry before pitching up in Red Lips bar. Good times indeed.

Offline Vivago

I will give it one more go,

You are wasting your time. It's like :dash:. Jimmy knows best.

Offline Jerboa

I never book a package deal, i prefer to be flexible, on where I stay, sometimes will change my plan at short notice, there is so much decent hotel rooms in Patts at a reasonable price.

Offline worldpunter

I pay 700 baht a night any season  , South pattaya area , same hotel many years now

Offline Jimmyredcab

I will give it one more go, in isolation there is no way you can get a 4 star for £10 a night but as part of a flight/hotel package its what in effect you pay per night compared to booking flight and hotel separately and as I've already mentioned it can be looked at the other way around i.e Hotel costs £35 a night and the flight costs £150

I have used Expedia many times ------------- for Thailand and Vegas, you do get a better deal by booking both at once but the saving is not that great ------------- maybe £50 -£100 on a 14 night stay.    :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

You are wasting your time. It's like :dash:. Jimmy knows best.

Indeed I do, it's called experience.     :drinks:

Offline Vivago

Indeed I do, it's called experience.     :drinks:

Watch out behind! Sarcasm flies over his head and is likely to hit you in the mush. :lol:

Offline MeesterNeek

At the south end of Hankow was a small bar with topless girls on turntables who served your drinks. It was where they filmed a scene in a James Bond Film or so they claimed. Red Lips bar a couple of roads away.  Ah Happy days

That would be Bottoms Up.......those were the days indeed!  :cool: :hi:

Offline MeesterNeek

I lived in Osborne barracks at the time and often, after a session in the mess, we used to head down to Chuck-ups (Chungking Mansions, one of the few things still there and totally unchanged) for a curry before pitching up in Red Lips bar. Good times indeed.

It was a long trek for those of us ensconced in Fan Ling! Great times all the same  :drinks: