...and it feels more like they are my girlfriend ...
...we don't want any type of relationship in the sense of having a 'real' girlfriend..
Say for example I gave her a birthday card, it would not seem right to put sarahjay on the card when her actual name is clare.
I am fully aware that the "real name" she gives me might be nothing of the sort, as I say, it's all in the mind.
Fluffiest thing I've ever read! But if you're fully aware that the name she might give you isn't her real name, what difference does it make putting that name, Clare for example, than Sarahjay? Both aren't her real name, so it's a completely pointless exercise!
As sarayjay has rightly pointed out, you never know for sure that they have given you their real name ------------ unless you see official ID like a passport.
So why do you care so much about the name, do you ask for ID?
I don't think it weird to ask for a real name and I'm not totally sure why girls give a false name!
1. I booked a girl at a hotel and the security locks were on, so had to ask reception to let me in.... of course they needed a name and room number but as the name I had didn't match the girls real name in the room, they wouldn't let me in!
2. I knocked on the wrong door once and a guy came to the door... I looked puzzled and pretended to forget the name of the girl as I knew it would be false. Then he said "do you mean ******" to which I said "yes".... "She lives in the flat below" he said..... Close one!
3. A girl told me she was down the town with her mum and one of her clients spotted her and came over to say hello. Obviously he used the false name he had for her. The mum was puzzled and the girl had some explaining to do..
Perhaps the real name is better???
To be fair;
1) Any WG asking you to come to a hotel should use a name that both you and the reception have the same. If she's listed under a stupid username on AW, such as "princess sucks a lot" or whatever, you know this isn't going to be what she gives to reception. She should provide you with a name to use at the front desk if need be. It's highly unlikely it will be her real name anyway, just a working name, like Sarah Smith or something. (second to this, most girls implore you not to go to reception when working in hotels, so if in doubt, ring her)
2) Your mistake this time. Be sure to have ALL the correct door number/flat number details, and if in doubt, CALL! I go to a lot of flats in my job, where it's number 22 such and such street, and when I get there there's 4 buzzers for flats 1,2,3,4 or A,B,C,D and no names on them. So rather than press the wrong one, I call.
3) A punter should NEVER approach a WG in the street, just as I'd expect a WG to ever approach me in the street - in both cases, especially if the WG or Punter is with someone! This whole industry is built out of mutual discretion, and breaking that is out of order - either way it's done (punter or WG)