Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Back up and running  (Read 3816 times)

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I stuck ukpunting into twitter during the downtime just out of curiosity,there are some right sad fuckers out there who dont like us very much! :sarcastic:

Yes, I spotted that too. I also wondered if NIK really has his own twitter account?

Offline Toon73

O dear UKE seems to be down again hopefully Admin just sorting a few issues and no major problems .

vw

O dear UKE seems to be down again hopefully Admin just sorting a few issues and no major problems .

Probably the long thread crashing the server, clogged up with utter bullshit.

OldAdmin

Unfortunately we have another problem.
A script I modified deleted everything (it seems to have done rm -rf /  :scare: :scare: but thankfully not running as root).
So I am now restoring files from backup, which was last made today 6am GMT.

At the moment:
UKP fixed but images won't load for the next 4 hours.
UKE will be down for the next 12 hours (I have to upload a lot because of all the gigabytes of media).
All image uploads (e.g. avatars) to UKP and UKE since last backup today (time above) have been lost.

Everything else is fine (i.e. no posts lost, databases for all sites 100% up-to-date and fine).

Offline delta69

vw

A script I modified deleted everything (it seems to have done rm -rf /  :scare: :scare:)
UKE will be down for the next 12 hours while I restore it from backup (I have to upload a lot because of all the media).
All image uploads including avatars to UKP and UKE since 6:30am GMT today have been lost.
Although everything else is fine (i.e. no posts lost).

I hate it when scripts do that .   :scare:

Keep u the good work !   :hi:

Offline Hobbit

I felt lost not having this website. Glad it's back  :yahoo:

Offline Toon73

Thanks for the update Admin , much appreciate .

Offline MrMatrix

Do you have any help with this Admin or are you strictly a solo operation. Either way don't know how you deal with this all this. You must be a bit tasty on the computer programming. I'm sure you will get it all on an even keel again.  :thumbsup:

Offline el-fei

:cry: oh man was wanting to arrange something with Ameera but I was waiting on her number I think Ive got an old one!!!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Like many others was lost without UKP last night but at least I finally sorted the car insurance instead of leaving it till the last day, was going to get the hoover out tonight with the boredom if it was still down and before anyone suggests it NO I wasn't  ;)

Offline OutForJustice80

Thanks for the updates. I don't know how coding works but it sounds like one long, unpredictable ass-ache.

Offline The_Don

A script I modified deleted everything (it seems to have done rm -rf /  :scare: :scare: but thankfully not running as root).
I am now restoring from backup.

UKE will be down for the next 12 hours (I have to upload a lot because of all the gigabytes of media).
All image uploads (e.g. avatars) to UKP and UKE since 6:30am GMT today have been lost.

Everything else is fine (i.e. no posts lost, databases for all sites untouched and up-to-date).

Once this is fixed, will any links that have been posted (and or uploaded) now show up 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:15:30 pm by The_Don »

OldAdmin

Once this is fixed, will any links that have been posted (and or uploaded) now show up  :unknown:

Yes.
With the exception of IMAGE ATTACHMENTS made today between 6am GMT and 12pm (that only affects 3 posts with image attachments).
Image links (i.e. hotlinked images, not uploads to UKP) will work regardless of what time they were posted, as they're not hosted on this site, although not working at the moment and due to be fixed later today.

At the moment the priority is fixing UKE by reuploading 50GB+ of data, then it is the image data for UKP.

Offline The_Don

Yes.
With the exception of IMAGE ATTACHMENTS made today between 6am GMT and 12pm.
Image links (not uploads to UKP) will work no matter what time, as they're not hosted on this site, although not working at the moment and due to be fixed later today.

At the moment the priority is fixing UKE by reuploading 50GB+ of data, then it is the image data for UKP.

Thanks for the details and the time you put in  :hi:

Offline Home Alone

I felt lost not having this website. Glad it's back  :yahoo:

Me, too.

It was really quite depressing yesterday.  I was SO-O-O desperate for my "fix" of punting-related views and opinions that I resorted to visiting local Message Boards.  Which only reinforced my feeling of having lost something really useful.

Thanks, Admin.

Offline bediscrete

I actually resorted to reading AW reviews. This site shows them up to be the fiction they (often) are!
Thank Admin for this site :thumbsup: :hi:

Offline dboy74

Offline Charlie Chalk

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting in, Admin. Have a virtual pint on me  :drinks:

Offline claretandblue

Yes, I spotted that too. I also wondered if NIK really has his own twitter account?
Good question,we await the man himself to confirm!

Offline Mansell

Thanks for all the hard work on this Admin, must admit I'm like everyone else you don't realise what you have got till its gone. Great that it's sorted.  :thumbsup:

OldAdmin

Unfortunately another problem for UKE, part of the backup archive is corrupt, and there is no way around it according to Google, it's a bug in the backup software - Duplicity.
However it should be possible to restore everything except the corrupt part, the corrupt bit is only 25MB of the whole 50GB+ and it's most definitely media upload.
I've managed to bring the site back online, without any media.

Offline qetzl

Unfortunately another problem for UKE, part of the backup archive is corrupt, and there is no way around it according to Google, it's a bug in the backup software - Duplicity.
However it should be possible to restore everything except the corrupt part, the corrupt bit is only 25MB of the whole 50GB+ and it's most definitely media upload.
I've managed to bring the site back online, without any media.

`rm -rf /`, what a nightmare.
I'm sure now isn't the time for armchair devopsing, but if duplicity is broken, perhaps have a look at borg backup? External Link/Members Only

I'm curious as to how it came about and how UKP+family are run. Was this a Steam-style bash script issue? External Link/Members Only

Offline Spacecowb0y

I wouldn't miss google.co.uk half as much as i did this place - thank ferk it's back

Offline NIK

Good question,we await the man himself to confirm!

Yes I have a twitter account.  :)

Offline claretandblue

Yes I have a twitter account.  :)
Do you get a lot of aggro from ukpunting haters on there? :hi:

happily married

A script I modified deleted everything (it seems to have done rm -rf /  :scare: :scare: but thankfully not running as root)..........................

Ah good old rm -rf, many years ago I ran a linux workstation and wrote a script that ran rm -rf on a temp directory every night. Unfortunately for our secretary I decided to do some maintenance to her windows PC so I mounted the root of her C drive to my temp folder. Sadly overnight the script did its job and come the morning there wasn't much left of her PC! Suffice to say I made my own coffee that day :(

Offline NIK

Do you get a lot of aggro from ukpunting haters on there? :hi:

No, not at all.
If I did I would report it to the police as a 'hate crime.' and tell them it was causing me 'humiliation', 'trauma' and 'stress'. :rolleyes:
Then again I might just ignore it.   :D

mediumjoe

I felt quite bereft, and as you can only do so much work in a day.   I had a look at saafe, quite  an education, it seems some of them actually like big cocks and some of them, believe it or not cum with nearly every client.  Incredibly some like their work so much they couldn't imagine doing anything else.  Then again, one or two that  i've met, I couldn't imagine them trying to do anything else either.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:04:31 am by mediumjoe »

OldAdmin

Was this a Steam-style bash script issue? External Link/Members Only

I didn't go through the code to check (as I had to immediately work on restoring files from backup) but I knew instantly the cause was the one you link to.

I think it's best to go back to how things were a week ago, compressed tar archive for backup, that's worked fine for me for past 20 years.

OldAdmin

Everything should be back working now.

Apart from the downtime, the only thing lost on UKP is few images uploaded yesterday. And on UKE around 80 media attachments made in November (that was because part of the Duplicity backup was corrupt) and again media uploaded yesterday in a 6 hour period.

Thankfully no posts lost or loss of advertising income that a commercial site would have suffered, only my time  :lol: :(

Offline mh

it seems to have done rm -rf /  :scare: :scare:

Some git once caught me (on a Unix system back in the day) replacing some benign command with an uninterruptible script that just simulated that and it was terrifying...

Thankfully no posts lost or loss of advertising income, only my time  :lol:

We all tip our collective hats to you for service above and beyond the call ... as usual.
 :hi:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

You know you are a punter when the first site you visit on waking is this one ... THANKS Mister Admin.

Offline Home Alone

You know you are a punter when the first site you visit on waking is this one ... THANKS Mister Admin.

+1.  'Morning, all! ;)

Offline Hungarian Lover

Got into a flat spin the other day when the forum was down! Much thanks to yer man for setting up and keeping this helpful site running. Cheers! Have many beers on me. :drinks: