Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: AdultWork Live GPS & Availability System  (Read 3001 times)

Skills

Why doesn't AW move to an Uber model where the list of available girls pops up based on your location.

The WGs could also indicate their actual physical availability, (rather than general), + prices and contact numbers can pop up too.

Seems to me WG and Punters would get more instant, successful matches, (when the need arises!), that way and resolve the issue of available WGs not being contactable.

Anyone want to start this sort of a website with me?

Speedy12

It's a great idea and if someone else does it AW will be wiped out. Their website is shit and looks like it hasn't been developed in 10 years.

Offline TPreston

There is probably a very profitable idea here to a talented programmer. Making the site as easy to use as Uber would be the first hurdle, as well as presumably legal issues.

Then the toughest part of all would be getting the user base to transfer over.

You'd have to think its something the powers that be at AW are thinking off.

Offline hungrypunt

Cant imagine many guys wanting geo location on the phone to be available to be harvested by a prossie site.;
I suppose some would take it up but having your punting route tracked wouldnt suit me, no fkn chance  :scare:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:30:32 pm by hungrypunt »

Skills

Probably the technology exists to make it all untrackable after use or cover it in security somehow.

Clearly, an App which located WGs would go hand in hand with privacy.

I agree: AW have an outdated model now but I guess profits earnt in subscriptions fees are telling them if it ain't broke don't fix it.

C'mon: we can take them on and do better. Who's up for it?

Speedy12

Probably the technology exists to make it all untrackable after use or cover it in security somehow.

Clearly, an App which located WGs would go hand in hand with privacy.

I agree: AW have an outdated model now but I guess profits earnt in subscriptions fees are telling them if it ain't broke don't fix it.

"We" can't even manage to put the location into the subject line in reviews, I fear this is beyond our capabilities!

mikexxlong

Anything that keeps track of your movements is bad fucking news
(Unless it’s part of your job requirement for safety)
Technology is encroaching on privacy, but people think its fine due to convenience

Offline pewpewpew

I would not want my location known to adultwork but if I could type a location and have them show me girls nearby like on a map or something that would be cool

Also I don't think AW need to change anything until they get some real competition

Offline sub_marine

If you really look at Ubers business model then you will realise this would never work for punting

A bunch of investors came together with a war chest of a couple billion $, prepared to run at a loss for a few years.  Set up Uber and initially pay the drivers more than basic taxi drivers wage, while not charging the taxi riding public as much a normal taxis.  After a year or two they entice as many drivers as possible to buy new cars with Uber loans, and deduct the loan payments from the drivers earnings.  Then once a high enough % of a cities drivers are involved they drop the drivers earnings, forcing the drivers to work 60-80h a week to earn what they used to earn in 40h, but because they are tied with the Uber loan, they can't back out

The early Uber cities like Detroit and San Francisco are well down this timeline with a load of disgruntled drivers

On a small scale Sergei does alright out of pimping, but can't see Uberpimp working on a global scale.  Can't see a way to get the WGs to be tied to the app for any reason and be forced to work like Uber drivers with the Uber loans are.

And thats before you think of all the privacy concerns surrounding punting

Offline Morthos

I don't use a smartphone, and I'm not particularly bothered about who is available *right now* as I plan most of my punts in advance. As an addition to an app, I'm sure it would be useful, but as a replacement for the current AW system - not for me.

Offline hungrypunt

Wouldnt be too hard to start small, and just say "adultworkmanchester.co.uk" then see how it goes so girls and punters in and around manch would be just the target. The spin it up from there, diff site for diff areas or go full UK next etc.

Problem I feel may not be technology or even funding, but AW or others sending naughty boys round to you after stomping on their ground, so get that side ready too!

Offline The_Don

I look at the location stated on the profile

Town:    
County:    
Region:    

and then I use the:

View a map of the area option where (XX W/G is)

As some cases the profile manager geography is off.

Hence if I do call (after some research) and or book, I also ask for a post code to be text. So I can work out the best way and long my travel time will be.

Skills

OK: so maybe not EXACTLY like Uber...and maybe not a GPS for the reasons given by others, (all good stuff), but a basic system of typing in a location and seeing which WGs are 'live' and 'ready' would cut down on all the comms. issues so many punters complaint about on this site about 'so called' available girls...

Also, WGs I believe would sign-up for it if it was viewed by them of increasing revenue. Similarly, punters would use it if it could be proved to improve their chances of finding a suitable WG when needed, (it has sometimes taken me an hour + sitting in coffee shops trying to get through to someone to arrange an appointment for that afternoon).

I agree: a city trial in Manchester could work well. At some point someone is going to bring the AW model up to date, so why not us? Who's in?

Speedy12

I see this working best when I am in an area I am not familiar with (at a business meeting for example), at lunch I can go on an app and see a real time map of available girls close to my location, click on their icon, view their profile, make a booking or call them from the app. The app could be programmed to slightly adjust the actual location of the girl (and the punter) by a few hundred feet or so to protect privacy. You don't need to know the exact location of the girls.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I see this working best when I am in an area I am not familiar with (at a business meeting for example), at lunch I can go on an app and see a real time map of available girls close to my location, click on their icon, view their profile, make a booking or call them from the app. The app could be programmed to slightly adjust the actual location of the girl (and the punter) by a few hundred feet or so to protect privacy. You don't need to know the exact location of the girls.

Have I got this right, the app would show who was available at any given time? would this not need the girl to update her availability as and when she starts and finishes appointments.  If so good luck with that one.   :hi:

Skills

Yes, Speedy12 has the model exactly as I envisaged.

Others may laugh at the idea; however, I'm sure in 1998 if someone had suggested punters would be finding girls online from their phones similar people would have nodded their head in pity....

Skills

Speedy12: let's talk more; I'm sure this could work

Speedy12

Have I got this right, the app would show who was available at any given time? would this not need the girl to update her availability as and when she starts and finishes appointments.  If so good luck with that one.   :hi:

They could just update it on the days they are working, as currently happens on AW.

If anyone from AW is reading, I am willing to act as a consultant for a hefty fee ;)

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
They could just update it on the days they are working, as currently happens on AW.

If anyone from AW is reading, I am willing to act as a consultant for a hefty fee ;)

Just a thought, have you asked any of the girls on UKE if they would be keen on the idea.   :unknown:

Offline pewpewpew

Adultwork already has the 'available today' search option and when coupled with the area in a search is basically the same as what you're suggesting. Problem is I seldom if ever use the 'available today' option as the girls just don't bother with it often enough to make it useful. Some might but my experience with it is not great. Girls available today are on holiday and girls working don't enable the available today function.

What I'm getting at is that if it made a big difference they would be using that option which in my experience they generally don't. Don't get me wrong, if they used it it would be easier for all of us but our needs are not at the top of the priorities list

jackjones10472

problem with aw is the girls put multiple locations when they should only state one this will stop all confusion

Offline pong

It's a great idea and if someone else does it AW will be wiped out. Their website is shit and looks like it hasn't been developed in 10 years.

Where is the like button to like this comment.

Offline Steve2

The main problem with this idea is that you will be dealing with girls who, historically haven't got a clue which day of the week it is, let alone where they are  or what other things may pop up to do that day rather than have you turn up with a handful of cash for them

Speedy12

Adultwork already has the 'available today' search option and when coupled with the area in a search is basically the same as what you're suggesting. Problem is I seldom if ever use the 'available today' option as the girls just don't bother with it often enough to make it useful. Some might but my experience with it is not great. Girls available today are on holiday and girls working don't enable the available today function.

What I'm getting at is that if it made a big difference they would be using that option which in my experience they generally don't. Don't get me wrong, if they used it it would be easier for all of us but our needs are not at the top of the priorities list

That's because the user experience on AW is shit. The girls should just have an easy to use app on their phone with a simple button to mark them as available or not. Or to enter their schedule for the next week so it auto updates. For punters their site is shit also, the search on mobile is messy and frequently loses results, it doesn't detect location properly. And the postcode locations are not specific enough. I could write a whole essay on what is wrong with that website. But they have no real competition at the moment. There is an opportunity for someone to make a lot of money if they take them on.

Offline TPreston

That's because the user experience on AW is shit. The girls should just have an easy to use app on their phone with a simple button to mark them as available or not. Or to enter their schedule for the next week so it auto updates. For punters their site is shit also, the search on mobile is messy and frequently loses results, it doesn't detect location properly. And the postcode locations are not specific enough. I could write a whole essay on what is wrong with that website. But they have no real competition at the moment. There is an opportunity for someone to make a lot of money if they take them on.

Yeah its ease of use as much as anything. If the app was done properly. Its basically a diary with live updates linked to your location.

As someone has mentioned girls putting the name of all the local towns in their profiles to come up in search results messes things up on AW as well.

It would involve time and investment, obviously the Uber business model wouldn't work - but there is a site here despite some justified concerns. Ratings systems could be much cleaner and clearer too.

Cash is always king in these scenarios - but some might feel safer not carrying round lump sums about to some of these places

Offline DrGFreeman

Why doesn't AW move to an Uber model where the list of available girls pops up based on your location.
I think its a silly idea
don't you think girls are intentionally vague with their location for a reason ?
Like to prevent undesirables turning up on their doorstep ? To avoid attention from the law ?  for discretion for hotels / landlords ?

as others have pointed out, the functionality exists already as you can search in a postcode or by proximity
nor do I think most girls would get around to updating their availability hourly

Offline Rock123

It doesn't need a live GPS system but it can definitely be improved.

Offline Hertsgent

I think its a silly idea
don't you think girls are intentionally vague with their location for a reason ?
Like to prevent undesirables turning up on their doorstep ? To avoid attention from the law ?  for discretion for hotels / landlords ?

as others have pointed out, the functionality exists already as you can search in a postcode or by proximity
nor do I think most girls would get around to updating their availability hourly

Agree with this - first part of a postcode is rightly all a WG gives out....until you enquire. So it won't work surely?

Or is it being suggested it will direct you to room 304 of the local budget hotel  :D

Skills

Thanks Speedy12 and tompreston; you're on my wavelength.

I did previously think of the idea of booking and making the payment on the App as well. WGs could have an adult version of a PayPal account as well, (another money-spinner there as well).

The live search version would be so great if you could create pricing bands too. The punter is so going to find exactly what he needs so much more quickly.

I've read the comments about the WGs not being able to deal with their lives in this way but for those WGs this App is not for them! And anyway, once they see the money others are earning cultures would quickly enough.

I could go to some investors but not sure how the pitch would begin???

Offline TPreston

Thanks Speedy12 and tompreston; you're on my wavelength.

I did previously think of the idea of booking and making the payment on the App as well. WGs could have an adult version of a PayPal account as well, (another money-spinner there as well).

The live search version would be so great if you could create pricing bands too. The punter is so going to find exactly what he needs so much more quickly.

I've read the comments about the WGs not being able to deal with their lives in this way but for those WGs this App is not for them! And anyway, once they see the money others are earning cultures would quickly enough.

I could go to some investors but not sure how the pitch would begin???

Well you would show them the success of the likes of SA and AW and the willing marketplace of both sides of the spectrum, the functionality of how the likes of Uber and how they have fairly seamlessly become part of everyday life for so many.

Your report would have to mention the numerous barriers to entry such as privacy, security and legality and how you plan to over come them all.

A detailed plan to get the user bases of the current successful app's to move over as well as cultural and social barriers you would have to negate. As mentioned many of these girls are thick and flakey (as are the punters tbh) so getting over that would hopefully be easy enough with a well designed interface.

It would be a clusterfuck in reality and expensive. Presumably you take a small cut of the numerous transactions that go on.

There is something here, as mentioned by many AW is the go to because it's the go to and has the biggest userbase, not because it's well designed.

Offline hantshagger

The WGs could also indicate their actual physical availability, (rather than general), + prices and contact numbers can pop up too.

Seems to me WG and Punters would get more instant, successful matches, (when the need arises!), that way and resolve the issue of available WGs not being contactable.

Anyone want to start this sort of a website with me?

in my view completely unnecessary - indeed, it would be a disadvantage to  punters  to have availability based upon location (rather its better to base it on quality), and for SP's its probably not good to have specific location given out to all and sundry who have the app -  far better to just rely on UKP to find girls in the area, who we can trust to have good quality - and then make an arrangement for a future time or date - After all, who is interested in punting at a moment's notice?  Really!!  Whatever next!   ;)

Offline peter_bungee

If you really look at Ubers business model then you will realise this would never work for punting

A bunch of investors came together with a war chest of a couple billion $, prepared to run at a loss for a few years.  Set up Uber and initially pay the drivers more than basic taxi drivers wage, while not charging the taxi riding public as much a normal taxis.  After a year or two they entice as many drivers as possible to buy new cars with Uber loans, and deduct the loan payments from the drivers earnings.  Then once a high enough % of a cities drivers are involved they drop the drivers earnings, forcing the drivers to work 60-80h a week to earn what they used to earn in 40h, but because they are tied with the Uber loan, they can't back out

The early Uber cities like Detroit and San Francisco are well down this timeline with a load of disgruntled drivers

On a small scale Sergei does alright out of pimping, but can't see Uberpimp working on a global scale.  Can't see a way to get the WGs to be tied to the app for any reason and be forced to work like Uber drivers with the Uber loans are.

And thats before you think of all the privacy concerns surrounding punting

None of this makes sense, an app for this type of business would grow naturally generating funds from users' activities in the same way as AW.  It doesn't need billions in funding, IPO's or huge sunk costs.  Its not competing with other "taxi firms", zero marketing costs, no need for its providers to take out loans for the "tools".  Each girl would price differently with reviews which hopefully correspond to this and like Uber, you have Uberx (cheapest) to Uber Luxury (most expensive). 

Also privacy can easily be overcome, its not much difference to any app which can track your location and even AW have an app you can use so risk of getting caught by partner etc is the same

Skills

Why isn't hantshagger aware that people do punt at a moments notice...and certainly would do more of it if there was a reliable interface to facilitate these needs??

Speedy12

I'm glad some of the posters in here are not responsible for innovation, otherwise there'd be none, we'd still have to rely on ads in the newspaper or cards in phone boxes.

Offline dkn

"We" can't even manage to put the location into the subject line in reviews, I fear this is beyond our capabilities!
:thumbsup:

Offline qetzl

The app could be programmed to slightly adjust the actual location of the girl (and the punter) by a few hundred feet or so to protect privacy. You don't need to know the exact location of the girls.
In data management, this sort of random offsetting from the true value is called noise, and there are many ways to reduce it - the simplest to be to find the average of the same location across many random offsets. Such a system is unlikely to be robust unless you actually remove information (like removing the second part of a post code removes data, compared to noising a location which changes data in a way that is reversible over many readings).

I can't think of anything worse than getting involved in WG banking in this way. Surely managing girls and skimming their profits in such an app would end up being considered making gains from others prostitution, and illegal because of it?

Skills

Yes, that is a good point; perhaps we'd have to kill that PayPal idea!

Don't AW have a deposit payment method for making an online booking? If so, what's the difference dbeywen the two models?

Offline cocabean100

The data is already in AW, its just need a new display for it.  You can do a search based on proximity with the post code.  If AW could take this data, put it into a map at least we would know who was available in that post code area with our preferred menu

Offline Stiltskin

The data is already in AW, its just need a new display for it.  You can do a search based on proximity with the post code.  If AW could take this data, put it into a map at least we would know who was available in that post code area with our preferred menu

I was thinking about scraping the location data and overlaying it on a Google map just for personal use. It's quite easy to do. Problem is the postcodes are not specific enough. It might work if I was on a long journey, but not much use locally.

Speedy12

I was thinking about scraping the location data and overlaying it on a Google map just for personal use. It's quite easy to do. Problem is the postcodes are not specific enough. It might work if I was on a long journey, but not much use locally.

That is the problem, you would just have a lot of location markers in the same spot. And depending on the postcode it could be no use at all. For Central city locations it might work but in some other areas the short postcodes can cover vast areas.

Offline twwb

AW needs to prevent girls from putting themselves in multiple locations, or false locations. I've seen it plenty of times where I do a location based search on AW with '
  • miles from [postcode]', only to come to UKP and check reviews and find that they're actually not in that area at all. For example if I search 'within 1 mile of LS1' (Leeds Centre) it brings up some girls who actually live/work in towns a few miles from the centre, as indicated in their profile text or on UKP. They just put their location as central as possible because it's where most punters will be looking. Eliminate this and you'd get more accurate locations (it doesn't need to be any more specific than the first part of the postcode imo). I don't know how this could be done unless AW accesses your device's location each time you log on, which people probably wouldn't be happy with.

Moist

Uber for iOS now demands to know your location - even when you're not using the app. It's very intrusive.

The AW site has an iOS version (for iPhone, iPad). It's cut down and has less features than the desktop site.

If AW made an  iOS app, apple would likely block it (not approve it). They did this recently with a twitter-like app called "Gab", because they said users were using the N word (despite it being used on twitter!)

Uber is so successful because they allegedly underpay their drivers and flout rules that are applied to taxis. Presumably Uber are able to lobby government to be friendly to them. AW won't be able to do this.

PaintingMan

Imagine the groups of pervs stood outside some tower block holding phones that say "you ate currently 5yds away from 13 prossies" :D

Offline pewpewpew

I need to add that serg knows, or can easily find out how to spoof gps locations. I can do this on my phone in about 10 seconds

Skills

Yes, now I'm realising from these comments that prossies will not want to give precise locations for all sorts of reasons

and Apple not supporting an App is a significant barrier also

Offline The_Don

Imagine the groups of pervs stood outside some tower block holding phones that say "you ate currently 5yds away from 13 prossies" :D

Hidden Image/Members Only Hidden Image/Members Only