The following were copied and pasted from the long-running Marrakesh thread, so are not necessarily my views. I did find most of this info to be useful.
There are some odd notes which are really my queries, for asking on the forum. In the end, I ended up getting all my queries answered by Nike in PMs and also when we met up in Marrakesh.
Although a lot about do's and don’ts are mentioned already, I would like to share some personal don't which I learnt from my mistakes
# Even if apartment owner confirms that it's a guest friendly apartment, still be very discreet when bringing the girl and do not walk side by side
# Do not go outside the building to pick a girl as taxi driver will charge at least a couple of hundred dirhams, I once ended up paying 200 Dirhams each for 2 girls who came in separate taxi in a space of about 10 mins.
# If you are in a group, try to control your enthusiasm or noise, guest friendly or not, some neighbour will take objection to it and inform the police, so if you want to party hard, go to a night club
# Bring as much GBP or Euro, which you reckon would need and as Nike pointed out get it exchanged as and when you need, there are plenty of FX counters around which offer better rates anytime compare to airport or your most foreign friendly bank account.
# Even if it's a repeat booking follow up & reconfirm with the girl you booked so that you have enough time to switch to plan B or better like Nike, have plan C & D, even if plan A is confirmed
Most importantly, respect the culture and people of the country you are visiting and you should be fine, on a whole I found the country and its people very hospitable & welcoming.
1. Tell the girl you'll only pay afterwards, and only if she does everything she's agreed to do.
2. Refuse to pay for anything at all in advance (she can pay with the money she's earning, but she has to earn it first).
3. Warn her that you'll throw her out without any money if she tries to ask for more than the agreed price or for money in advance when she gets back to your place
4. Don't be friendly, don't be polite (otherwise they'll just take you for a sucker).
5. Don't give your real name, address or any other information at all to a girl.
6. If a girl refuses to give you her number or pretends not to have a phone or ID card, she's setting you up.
7. Make sure you see the ID card (say you need to check her age) and make her leave it with security.