Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand : no nightlife for 30 days  (Read 4218 times)

Simplyred

By order of the government

- no public displays of celebration (including nightlife) for 30 days

- for 30 days, all television will be black and white broadcast from the Palace (including from international satellite channels

- for one year, mourning clothing shall only be deemed appropriate

- all news websites in Thailand will switch to monochrome for 30 days (don't believe me, Check out Bangkok Post
External Link/Members Only

If you are planning to go next 30 days, I'd suggest you cancel.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:24:00 pm by Simplyred »

Offline Brazilian Martian

- for 30 days, all television will be black and white broadcast from the Palace (including from international satellite channels

- for one year, mourning clothing shall only be deemed appropriate

- all news websites in Thailand will switch to monochrome for 30 days (don't believe me, Check out Bangkok Post

If you are planning to go next 30 days, I'd suggest you cancel.

How will this affect the sex industry and the club's in thailand.

Simplyred

I would say it won't have any direct impact in the near term, after the mourning period.  Tourist areas will be given a pass somewhat too.

But look, the tourism minister has said she wants the sex tourist industry shut down and wants higher class activities to compromise the major reasons for tourism.  She made this proclamation in July.  As the country migrates to Constitutional democracy end of 2017 I would guess the industry (as its existed) could indeed be diminished or pushed out of sight.

Prostitution of course ain't going away--especially in Thailand.  It's a cultural norm.  But like other cities that have evolved (Singapore) it just becomes more clandestine.  That's ok.

Offline Vivago

Sad news of the demise of the worlds longest serving monarch (the Queen now assumes that mantle).

Such is the reverence that the monarchy is held in for Thai people that the long period of mourning will undoubtedly be strictly adhered to with severe penalties for anybody either Thai or foreigner caught breaking it. So this will mean NEP, Soi Cowboy and Patpong will be closed down, Pattaya will be a ghost town and sanuk (fun) will be put on hold for a full month. :scare: Or maybe not as you are talking about billions in lost revenue.

However, now is not a good time to be in Thailand.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:50:40 am by Vivago »
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Jimmyredcab

Maybe it will be 30 days but I have my doubts, places like Nana Plaza have to pay huge rents and I can't see the landlords waiving the rent.
Time will tell, at the moment everything is just speculation.
No ban on alcohol on the first night.

Offline Brazilian Martian

Maybe it will be 30 days but I have my doubts, places like Nana Plaza have to pay huge rents and I can't see the landlords waiving the rent.

If punters are caught trying to pursues prossies in these 30 days would they be arrested or face a hefty fine  :unknown:

James999

Many Thais live a poor life on a day to day basis and won't be able to effectively swallow this loss of income for 30 days, but they do have some weird customs, even more so when the King is involved, but as ou are there you will see it first hand  :unknown:

Offline pumps

Punters & prossies will find ways around it, fact.

akka76

Many Thais live a poor life on a day to day basis and won't be able to effectively swallow this loss of income for 30 days, but they do have some weird customs, even more so when the King is involved, but as ou are there you will see it first hand  :unknown:

Thai people love(d) the King but they can not eat love. So the initial hystrionics of "Close everything for a year.... oh 30 days... oh 7 days" will eventually be open for business after a couple of days, being respectful and not calling attention to your bar / club and it will be OK. Any bar playing loud music with girls dancing out the front will get harsh treatment, but some of the Pattaya sois are already open for business.

Offline Jimmyredcab

If punters are caught trying to pursues prossies in these 30 days would they be arrested or face a hefty fine  :unknown:

Only if the girl was underage.  :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Thai people love(d) the King but they can not eat love. So the initial hystrionics of "Close everything for a year.... oh 30 days... oh 7 days" will eventually be open for business after a couple of days, being respectful and not calling attention to your bar / club and it will be OK. Any bar playing loud music with girls dancing out the front will get harsh treatment, but some of the Pattaya sois are already open for business.

Latest update.

Tahitian Queen, the famous Go-Go bar on beach road is currently closed but they have put up a sign saying "open on Monday". ---- so much for 30 days mourning.

The multiplex cinema is also closed today but will resume business tomorrow .

Pattaya Beergarden open as usual for food and booze but they are not playing music.

akka76

Yup - police have been round, negotiations been made, and most places open. No music or flashing lights. Dark side places all open for business as usual as well.

James999

Only if the girl was underage.

Or the cop wanted to solicit a bribe of course  :music:

Offline Jerboa

I agree, things will continue on low key, bars have rents to pay so have the girls, it could well be fully clothed gogo girls, with no dancing or loud music for a while, but could still pay BF, or worse come then end up using facebook, Line, Badoo etc to hire your whores.

Offline Badpup

I'm heading back out there in early November....from what I hear on the ground I don't intend to change my plans.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Just arrived in Bangkok and there is a ban on alcohol all weekend, that includes 7/11.

Nana Plaza totally closed, I would guess the freelancers will be out in force tonight.

You can get booze if you search hard enough but the choices are limited.

Offline Vivago

Just arrived in Bangkok and there is a ban on alcohol all weekend, that includes 7/11.

Nana Plaza totally closed, I would guess the freelancers will be out in force tonight.

You can get booze if you search hard enough but the choices are limited.

:lol: Your timing is impeccable, mate. Never mind, look on the bright side. With the pound getting you a tad over 43 baht, you probably can't afford the nightlife anyway. :sarcastic:

Yet another enthusiastic brexiteer faces up to the harsh reality that should the pound continue to tank, he will be spending his next holiday in Sarthend. :D

Offline Jimmyredcab

:lol: Your timing is impeccable, mate. Never mind, look on the bright side. With the pound getting you a tad over 43 baht, you probably can't afford the nightlife anyway. :sarcastic:

Yet another enthusiastic brexiteer faces up to the harsh reality that should the pound continue to tank, he will be spending his next holiday in Sarthend. :D

The exchange rate means nothing to me, I suppose I will be around £80 worse off because of the weak pound, that is a small price to pay to get back control of your country.

I remember getting 70 baht to the £ in 2004.

Thailand is no longer cheap ----- unless you want to drink Chang from 7/11. :rolleyes:

Offline Vivago

The exchange rate means nothing to me, 

:lol: thus spake the man who often sounds like a walking xe app. :sarcastic:

Btw...you'd have loved Thailand at the height of the '97 Great Asian Crisis. I was getting 102 baht to the pound. :hi:

Offline Jimmyredcab

I have been told by a friend who has lived in Bangkok for many years that things should return to normal on Monday, only problem is that I fly home on Tuesday .

James999

Perhaps time to go and see some of the tourist sights then Jimmy, see how many Budhas they show you before you become pissed off, try the Zoo if it's open

Offline Jimmyredcab

Perhaps time to go and see some of the tourist sights then Jimmy, see how many Budhas they show you before you become pissed off, try the Zoo if it's open

Been there seen it got the T shirt ---- including the zoo (many years ago).

It gets worse.

Sunday 16th is a religious day so once again a ban on alcohol.  :dash:

James999

So what the fuck you got left to do? Go out and buy a shit suit?

Offline Jimmyredcab

So what the fuck you got left to do? Go out and buy a shit suit?

I never want to see another Indian tailor in my lifetime, the pricks keep wanting to shake my hand.

Then you have the Thai geezer pushing sunglasses in your face and saying "Ray-Ban".   :dash:

bigone

Bad luck mate😀
Kéep those stunners warm for my January  trip 😎😎😎😎

Offline Jimmyredcab

So it's now Sunday night, all bars closed including English bars and Hooters, nothing to do with the King, today is a religious day.

Walked down to the infamous Beergarden and surprised to see it trading as normal, selling beer and spirits with music playing.

At 00-15 a uniformed police officer was casually walking through the bar ---- no doubt he had just collected his "tea money".  :rolleyes:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Well he died on Thursday afternoon ----- on the following Monday Nana Plaza open as usual.

The open fronted bars are all operating but without music ---- for the time being.

Online tintin100

My friend has been there since Saturday and had no trouble finding a freelance girl.

Offline Sparky22

Last night Soi Cowboy and Nana largely back to normal with revised opening times ending at 12 or 1am
There are more police and army types around and things are a little quieter however I had a good evening

Offline mattharding

It's been a month now, so I'm presuming things are largely back to normal...?

Anyone have any updates on closing times for Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy etc?

Offline Sparky22

I will be back in a week and will update then if no one beats me to it

Offline Sparky22

my hangover tells me that all is back to normal in BKK at least on soi cowboy